HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Old
03-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertonhabsfan View Post
finally going to my first Habs game !! Boston at Montreal April 6th !! looking for some advice on what to do while there? can you go to morning skate ? in Brassard too ? places to eat? pubs for after the game etc. ?? Would appreciate any info you folks would share !! thanks
Practice on game day is closed to the public so you can forget about that

There are 2 decent restaurants right next to the Bell Centre for you guys before the game but show up for about 4pm. Baton Rouge and Madisson's

As for after game party I'm passed that with 2 young kids

You might want to stick around Crescent street, can't really go wrong

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
finally going to my first Habs game !! Boston at Montreal April 6th !! looking for some advice on what to do while there? can you go to morning skate ? in Brassard too ? places to eat? pubs for after the game etc. ?? Would appreciate any info you folks would share !! thanks
Where are you staying? I would recommend Candlewood suites it's on renee-levesque a short walk to the bell centre. I also have stayed at the Travelodge it was more expensive and the room was tiny compared to Cadlewood. Candlewood also has alot of rooms with kitchenettes if you are staying like a week. My favourite thing to do for food there is to go to the grocery store and pick up some stuff and cook it yourself! There grocery stores downtown will blow your mind... Horse burgers, Rabbit confit, Duck confit, bison, venison.. giant tubs of duck fat. All sorts of novelty stuff.

Other than that I would go to "La Belle Province" lol... Crunch some steamies (steamies will change your hotdog life) and poutine!

I've also eaten at some fine places.. Mostly found them pretty over-priced.. good whiskey and wine though.

Enjoy.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
It seems everyone that wants to watch their team play the habs always worry about wearing their teams apparel and to be harassed or physically roughed up by habs fans...
Don't worry, we're not savages like in Boston, no one is going to hurt you, unless you're the one doing the harassing and trying to get yourself into a fight. Even if you do, the chances that you do actually get into a fist fight are very thin.
ive seen a racous leafs habs game [few actually] and to me the back and forth was all in good fun. never onece in 10 plus times at games did i see any issues [that does include bruins] NOW HERE IN JERSEY AND NY THERE WERE FEW TIMES THEIR FANS GET ROWDY WITH US..

BRAD HABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:03 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
my wife and i have a ritual when we head up to montreal--

SHOPPING--we always go to the walmart in brossard. they always have some neat canadien stuff that is a little cheaper then other places--plus its right by practice facility. then theres hockey experts and canadian tire near by that has stuff too. then we head up to hotel [either queen elizabeth, hotel maritine or delta]. get settled in then head to ste catherines for all the little shops. we also hit the underground city for certain stores that always have us walking out with wallet little lighter.

EATING--breakfast is chez coras on drummond [we love all the fruit] but ste catherines has ruebens, mr steers and alot of others. rue stanley has alot of great establishments. we always celebrate our anniversary at gibbys in old montreal.. expensive.. [$100 minm] but its our anniversary and the food is awesome. moishes is another nice place.

BELL CENTRE--GO TO THE STORE BEFORE 5 ON GAME DAY. its too crazy after the game. have to try the hot dogs.. alway voted best dog for all arenas.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:22 PM
RingWraith

Hello all. In June I will be venturing to Eastern Canada for the first time since a one week stay in Ottawa 11 years ago. We'll be driving and hitting up Toronto and Montreal as the focus of our trip with day trips planned to Niagara Falls and Quebec city respectively. Unfortunately we don't have a whole lot of time, so I think we'll only be in Montreal for 2 or 3 days, plus 1 for Quebec city. We have general admission tickets to the Canadian Grand Prix on June 9th, but I'm looking for other suggestions of things to do during our brief visit. Looking for an intensive, very "Montreal" experience. Also I imagine cheap accommodation is hard to find during the race weekend, so any tips on that would be a big help.

RingWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:22 PM
RingWraith

Anybody got any tips for The Grand Prix weekend in June? How insane does it get? How difficult is it to find reasonable accommodation?

RingWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:25 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
whats the EDM scene like in montreal? best spots to hit next weekend?

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:12 PM
SB164

Just saw this on my Facebook. This is downright retarded. If any of you see these *******s, please punch them in the throat:

http://www.mook-life.com/the-montrea...-championship/

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:13 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWraith View Post
Hello all. In June I will be venturing to Eastern Canada for the first time since a one week stay in Ottawa 11 years ago. We'll be driving and hitting up Toronto and Montreal as the focus of our trip with day trips planned to Niagara Falls and Quebec city respectively. Unfortunately we don't have a whole lot of time, so I think we'll only be in Montreal for 2 or 3 days, plus 1 for Quebec city. We have general admission tickets to the Canadian Grand Prix on June 9th, but I'm looking for other suggestions of things to do during our brief visit. Looking for an intensive, very "Montreal" experience. Also I imagine cheap accommodation is hard to find during the race weekend, so any tips on that would be a big help.
check out the first post of this thread. Plently of suggestions!

Cheap accomodation are hard to find indeed. don't know much in that regard!

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:15 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Just saw this on my Facebook. This is downright retarded. If any of you see these *******s, please punch them in the throat:

http://www.mook-life.com/the-montrea...-championship/
This is so crude and vile that it's pretty fantastic.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Brass

Taking a girlie to see Habs vs Booins tonight anyone know a great place to go (except la cage) in the Dtown or Lasalle Area?? thank you brothers.

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Elverpond

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
whats the EDM scene like in montreal? best spots to hit next weekend?
Le Belmont

Elverpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:29 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Just bumping this thread as I'll be headed to your wonderful city in the morning. Really looking forward to visiting Montreal and attending the game on Saturday, even though I'm pretty sure we'll lose the game. Decided to take the plunge and sit down in the reds so that we're close to the action. Since it is Easter weekend, I was wondering if there were any Roman Catholic churches that did services in English or should I just brush up on my French? Thanks for all the help and I'm excited for the trip. Trying to figure out what places to eat at. I'm thinking I need to hit up 3 Brasseurs at some point. Is there a bar/restaurant near the Bell Centre that is good for pre-game meals/beers? I have to look at a map more to totally plan my trip, but I appreciate all of your input.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:31 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Just bumping this thread as I'll be headed to your wonderful city in the morning. Really looking forward to visiting Montreal and attending the game on Saturday, even though I'm pretty sure we'll lose the game. Decided to take the plunge and sit down in the reds so that we're close to the action. Since it is Easter weekend, I was wondering if there were any Roman Catholic churches that did services in English or should I just brush up on my French? Thanks for all the help and I'm excited for the trip. Trying to figure out what places to eat at. I'm thinking I need to hit up 3 Brasseurs at some point. Is there a bar/restaurant near the Bell Centre that is good for pre-game meals/beers? I have to look at a map more to totally plan my trip, but I appreciate all of your input.
I'm not really into religion but I think there is a big big church right downtown (someone else could help me) I think it's on St-Catherine boul. In french.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
I'm not really into religion but I think there is a big big church right downtown (someone else could help me) I think it's on St-Catherine boul. In french.
It's on Rene-Levesque (Cathedrale Marie Reine du Monde)

http://www.cathedralecatholiquedemontreal.org/

Not sure if its in French or English, though

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:57 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Coming to montreal and going to church is like going to amsterdam to have sober, consensual, monogamous sex with your wife of 20 years.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:05 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
notre dame cathedral is close--churches like most of montreal you will find it french first which to my wife and i add to the ambiance of being a habsfan. you have to do ste catherines. great little shoppes and places to eat. we like mr steers not because the food is great but waitresses are usually dressed in jerseys on game day. ruebens is a trendy place to eat and catch a drink. if you want to pick up stuff from team store go there early because gametime is a MADHOUSE. the only time i ever saw the canadien crowd really give fans a hassle was bruins. been to a habs rangers game with buddy wearing a rangers jersey but he was treated great [unlike going to devils game]

chez cora on drummond has good breakfasts. between rene levesque and ste catherines.

wife and i do ny thruway all the way up into montreal. have passports ready. we stop off exit 7 [i think] above albany for lunch it has cracker barrel 1 way and panera bread and other places opposite direction.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
It's on Rene-Levesque (Cathedrale Marie Reine du Monde)

http://www.cathedralecatholiquedemontreal.org/

Not sure if its in French or English, though
This is the one, nice building but no comment on what's happening inside

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Bob Cole

Quote:
Theres a couple 3 Brasseurs locations right close to the Bell Center on St-Catherine. I usually hit the one on crescent for pregame meal and some beers. I've seen some people here bash the place, but I've never had a bad meal there. Beer is decent and its a good atmosphere.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we'll lose the game.
I found this comment odd.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Juggie35

I was wondering if anyone can give some insight on seats I have for next Thursday's game. Section 124 EE. Are these good seats, where are the closest beer locations , and last the washrooms? Thanking in advance.

Juggie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
I found this comment odd.
Montreal has just been a house of pain for the Rangers. I feel that they never win there and even if they jump out in front, the Habs eventually come back. I'm hoping I'm wrong though...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:19 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Montreal has just been a house of pain for the Rangers. I feel that they never win there and even if they jump out in front, the Habs eventually come back. I'm hoping I'm wrong though...
thats right.. even if we jump in front by 5.

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Elverpond

I highly recommend taking the metro to rosemont and going to la broue for a more quebecois experience. downtown just pales in comparison compared to the other neighborhoods in montreal.

Elverpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:32 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Without a doubt I would say Saint-Joseph's Oratory. Just on the other side of the street of my highschool, so I'm pretty familiar with the place. Has the third largest dome in the world for a Catholic church. Although the services will be in French, its worth just the visit if you got some free time.

LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote