HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Encompassing Tortorella Thread Pt. II

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
Outcoached yet again. Goodbye. Take Boyle with you. Drop Miller off in Hartford on the way too.
haha well said. Completely agree.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
NickyFotiu

I do not know what is worse. The losses or the boring games.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
M0rbid

Bench Kreider. But Miller doesn't even with godzillian turnovers. Talk about favoritism.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Yeah, it's time.

Benching the best player on the ice. For what? To play Boyle and Miller more minutes?

I don't even think that game was on Torts. But it's pretty clear the team has given up on him. If the coaching changes makes no difference, we'll know it's time to retool.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-28-2013, 09:03 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
i dream for the day of a gm and coach tandem devoid of ego, arrogance, and a-holes. unfortunately this tenure we have it in both capacities.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:04 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Callahan even looks like he's given up on Torts. No passion out there. A change has to be made.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM
TUQ

So ... who do we replace him with ?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:07 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUQ View Post
An instructional video on goal scoring.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:07 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUQ View Post
a blind monkey, whoever.... someone who knows what "offense" means.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:10 PM
rdhstlr23

Torterella is a good coach, but he's run his course. Carl Hagelin, Marian Gaborik, Chris Kreider shouldn't be asked to pay along the boards. It's a skilled team now. His system is outdated for this club.

He should only be fired if they miss the playoffs, which is likely. If they get in, even with an ugly, quick exit, he should be given start of next year.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 50
I've defended the guy long enough.

Get rid of him.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Such "funny" jokes about who would be Torts' replacement.

.....No, but seriously, who?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Boucher
Eakins
Horachek
Ruff (ew)

Maybe someone from within the organization. I don't know, but, to me, it looks like the team has given up on Torts. That's not even necessarily Torts' fault, it happens to a lot of good coaches, but it's clear as day, IMO.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:20 PM
mattyd99

Quote:

How about you? You defend him enough that you should know how to fix the team.

And it's easier to fire the coach then the team if your answer is the construction of the team.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Riverdale

How is Miller not benched/scratched?

This kid does nothing. I don't want to hear about chances or how aggressive he is or whatever. No points since what? February?

This kid belongs in the AHL, and should've been put there before his 5th game in the big club.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Boucher
Eakins
Horachek
Ruff (ew)

Maybe someone from within the organization. I don't know, but, to me, it looks like the team has given up on Torts. That's not even necessarily Torts' fault, it happens to a lot of good coaches, but it's clear as day, IMO.
I cant even remotely see any of those guys rescuing the Rangers any moreso than Tortorella did in 2009. And thats the problem. Its just a continuous cycle with 1 variable.

How many times in the Sather era has been "ehh, just fire the coach" been the solution.

I see less of a team that has quit, and more of a team that is a frankenstein-like mismatch of various pieces and parts.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:28 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
I cant even remotely see any of those guys rescuing the Rangers any moreso than Tortorella did in 2009. And thats the problem.

How many times in the Sather era has been "ehh, just fire the coach" been the solution.

I see less of a team that has quit, and more of a team that is a frankenstein-like mismatch of various pieces and parts.
I don't necessarily disagree, but Tortorella has been making several questionable decisions that have negatively impacted the team

Benching Kreider tonight. Overplaying Lundqvist. New line combos every game. Giving leeway to some players while giving absolutely none to some.

It's not even his "system" or the BS people make up on here (although he employs some questionable tactics).

He hasn't been THE problem, but, IMO, he's been a problem. Some people disagree with me, but I really like Guy Boucher. He's a bright young hockey mind, IMO, he hasn't had much to work with in TB.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

I've been a staunch Tortorella backer since he's been here, but I'm now 100% in favor of a new coach. Has to happen. I don't even want him to get a training camp. When the Rangers don't make the playoffs this season he needs to go.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:29 PM
The Mouth

I've tried not to join the mob in the fire tortorella camp. But now I'm lifting my pitchfork and storming the castle on this one.

This was disgusting what I saw tonight. Just like the above poster said out coached again and playing favorites that are detrimental to any chance of a comeback.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I don't necessarily disagree, but Tortorella has been making several questionable decisions that have negatively impacted the team

Benching Kreider tonight. Overplaying Lundqvist. New line combos every game. Giving leeway to some players while giving absolutely none to some.

It's not even his "system" or the BS people make up on here (although he employs some questionable tactics).

He hasn't been THE problem, but, IMO, he's been a problem. Some people disagree with me, but I really like Guy Boucher. He's a bright young hockey mind, IMO, he hasn't had much to work with in TB.
This team was going to win if Kreider played more tonight? You wouldnt play Lundqvist every game? I mean, what are we complaining about here?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:33 PM
bouds

Team isn't talented enough, that's the bottom line. Gaborik is a ghost, slower than he was. Bumped off the puck so easily, zero puck control. Where's his wrist shot? Haven't seen him snipe a corner in ages.

Richards is toast, can't carry the puck at all, slow as ****.

Eminger, Stralman, and whatever pile of **** Torts decides to dress as the 6th Dman aren't very good.

Boyle, Asham, and the remaining "depth" are awful.

Last year they won close games, playing great D, blocking a ******** of shots, and road Henrik all season long. We had some very good defensive minded forwards that controlled the puck, banged down low, and kept teams stuck in their own end.

It's clear the players on this team can't play the way Torts wants them to, but it's hard for a coach to change his thinking overnight. Even if you show Torts the door, the next guy has to come in and fit players into his system, easier said than done.

Roster composition is ****, blame the guys in the FO. WTF is Asham on this team? What does he bring to the table?

Edit: I don't care about Miller being up here, he shows flashes, but makes dumb decisions quite often, only 20, don't think this is going to hurt his development at all. Plus, before MZA came back who else did we have to plug in? It's not like Miller's blocking someone else from making an impact on this team.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:35 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
This team was going to win if Kreider played more tonight? You wouldnt play Lundqvist every game? I mean, what are we complaining about here?
Maybe not but Kreider was our best forward tonight. The kid has been great since coming back

Old
03-28-2013, 09:36 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
I think they would have had a better chance to win if he played Kreider, who was having an excellent game and was one of the only players getting decent shots on goal.

Every game? No. He could have definitely started Biron against Florida.

I'm complaining about his mis-use of players and his random line combos.

Again, I agree that the roster is a mismatch of parts put together by an incompetent twit, but this team has the core pieces to be somethings more than a bubble team. No, this is clearly not a 1st place team, but they should, at least, be a top-6 team. IMO. Not ALL of that is on Tortorella, but his weird line combos and misplaced benching of players, not just Kreider, doesn't help.

Also, even Callahan looked careless on the ice tonight, something I haven't said in...well, ever. I think it's saying something when your captain has thrown in the flag.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:

Glen. His third tenure here as coach. Book it.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:37 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Tortorella's post game comments.

"We need a big play at that time of the game, no matter how ugly the past 40 were"

This team isn't making ANY plays.

Henrik Lundqvist comments: "It's not good enough, I don't know what to say right now, I have a couple of thoughts for the team but it won't help anything, if we're losing special teams, we're gonna have a tough time"

Closed Thread