HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers taking calls on Ales Hemsky

Old
03-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Billdo

vCash: 300
Tallinder, Burlon, and a 3rd

Billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Cawz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Every year the Oilers try an dump him for some great return and every year other GM's laugh.
Since when?

Quote:
He's a career -31. Those 2 seasons where he had his playoff stats padded just happen to be the years that Pronger was around and almost single handily won the oilers a cup.
First off, anyone who used +/- out of context automatically loses credability points.

Secondly, the Oilers only had one season with Pronger, not 2.

Thirdly, stats arent padded. They are earned. Hemsky had more points than gritty Ryan Smyth those playoffs. How come Smyth's stats werent as padded?

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Hemsky isn't exactly the kind of player other teams are looking at for a playoff run. He's soft and poor defensively. With another year @ $5M left I doubt he gets moved. If he is it certainly won't be for much. Iginla just went for basically a 1st round draft pick and a cpl of kids who may never play a regular day in the NHL. Hemsky won't get a lot in return if traded.
I find stuff like this amusing considering Hemsky was at one point the best offensive player for a team that came one win away from a Stanley Cup. He's also been the Czech league MVP in the playoffs and iirc has typically fared well in international tournaments.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:27 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

He's made of glass - a talented player, yes, but he's injury-prone.

EDM have been trying to trade him for years.

leafs1habs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:05 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs1habs0 View Post

I think you're misinformed.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
SDig14

I have no idea if he will be dealt or not, but he isn't going to be given away.

Oilers fans want him traded because we need help in other areas and have too many of the same type of players.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Iceonfire

Quote:

Correction-

Teams have been trying to acquire him for years. And every year the Oil have said he is not for sale.

This year is different because of Paajarvi and Yakupov. He might actually be traded.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:42 AM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Correction-

Teams have been trying to acquire him for years. And every year the Oil have said he is not for sale.

This year is different because of Paajarvi and Yakupov. He might actually be traded.
Correction - teams have been avoiding making a commitment to him because they know he is injury-prone, and they know he's not worth a 5M cap hit for a guy who has averaged playing only 46 games over the past three seasons.

leafs1habs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Correction - teams have been avoiding making a commitment to him because they know he is injury-prone, and they know he's not worth a 5M cap hit for a guy who has averaged playing only 46 games over the past three seasons.
Can you post a source ? yea thought so

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:20 AM
cpsman

Quote:
Please stop posting this garbage. I get it, you read every Hemsky thread and get your information on him off HFboards posters who never watch western conference games.

The guy has had surgery and has been fine. He's played 32/33 games this season and has 19 points. He may not be a borderline point per game player but has been picking it up again lately.

p.s. please enjoy this beauty goal from tonight's game against columbus http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=231241

cpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:25 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
The Oilers have repeatedly said that they haven't actively shopped Hemsky. Yet, the rumors about him are always there. Why? Because other teams want him, but don't want to pay the price, which is high because Hemsky is a great offensive player. Which is why teams continue to call and ask about him. You need to stop making things up.

Oh, and by the way, nice stat twisting. Picking and choosing numbers without depth explanations shows that you know nothing when it comes to Hemsky.

1. Ales Hemsky has had two major injuries in his career, his shoulders. Since he had his surgeries, he has only missed games due to recovery time, not injury. Despite taking some big hits.

2. Between two NHL seasons, the World Championships, and pro hockey in the Czech league, Hemsky has played over 100 games against professional players without getting injured. Not nearly the "injury prone" player you think. But nice try.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:56 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
I think he'd be the ideal line mate for Kane on the Jets.

What's the Oil looking for?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Are you...serious.

The Habs would be complete morons to trade Eller for Hemsky. And the fact you think Eller is identical to Omark is probably the most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum in a good long time.
An Oiler fan, understands Oilers, nothing about hockey..

Leaf fans can do it too

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:04 AM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I think he'd be the ideal line mate for Kane on the Jets.

What's the Oil looking for?
A bigger bodied winger.

But Drew Stafford doesn't play in Winnipeg. And I'm pretty sure that the likes of Blake Wheeler aren't available with the playoff push on in full force.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:16 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Yes, Blum is now playing really well. Maybe being showcased? He definitely has a future in the nhl at the minimum of a bottom 6/ pp guy. With the cap going down next year and Ales making 5mil, I don't think it's too unrealistic to think of a blum/Hemsky swap. Makes sense and edmonton might as well try something to change their recent trends. Ellis I think is off the table for now. Still very high hopes/ceiling.

And you are correct on Josi, he is untouchable. We tried telling everyone last year but no one wanted to listen.
Blum would give us 3 puck moving RHD. We could really use a puck moving LHD, do you have any in your system other than Josi? As for your last paragraph, some of us are slow learners The kid is the goods.

03-29-2013, 05:46 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Blum would give us 3 puck moving RHD. We could really use a puck moving LHD, do you have any in your system other than Josi? As for your last paragraph, some of us are slow learners The kid is the goods.
Blum or Josi are not options for the Oilers, Oilers have Marincin, and Gernat as LHS D in the system. Both skate well, above average puck handling skills, and big boming shots. The big question is how does Klefbom fit in next year. More important for the Oilers to fix the problem they have at C then their D.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:00 AM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
I don't think the Oilers should take any less than a young-top 6 forward with upside, a top prospect and a 1st in return for Hemksy.

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
I don't think the Oilers should take any less than a young-top 6 forward with upside, a top prospect and a 1st in return for Hemksy.
After the Iginla deal EDM would be lucky to get a 2nd. Some of you need to get out of the old mentality that players are going to return a kings ransom. The cap structure has killed any chance of teams willing to trade the farm for players anymore. It's these young players making minimum that are worth more...especially for a player like Hemsky. Yes he's an good NHL player but he's no elite level player. Not even close.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:23 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
So Ales Hemsky > Jarome Iginla?

OK, good to know.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
So Ales Hemsky > Jarome Iginla?

OK, good to know.
Iginla kinda handcuffed the Flames and is an impending UFA, whereas Hemsky has a year left on his deal and is still 30. Obviously he wont return that much, but I think Hemsky could realistically return a decent prospect+a 1st.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Vancouver offers:

Schneider
Kassian
1st

....fits your criteria?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Billdo

vCash: 300
^you cant be serious

Billdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Vancouver offers:

Schneider
Kassian
1st

....fits your criteria?
No, he didn't say anything about a goalie!

Anyway, I think it might go like every year. Teams will show interest, but not offer enough to get Tambellini to move him.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:06 AM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
Quote:
Opps, I forgot the ""

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:08 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

I can see Boston having an interest in him. Would probably cost them Malcolm Subban among others but right now Boston does need a winger in a big way.