HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post

I had to.

On topic, who do you have for Bayern vs Juve?
Lol i wamt this guy to play central defense alongside nesta mouhahaha

Old
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
JunglePete

Yea good idea Jaap Stam alongside Alessandro Nesta just like the old days

Old
03-28-2013, 03:12 AM
gelu88

Interesting factoid.

I was reading about the Supporters shield, The supporters council, its history and all that (they made a new version this year that looks fantastic):

http://independentsupporterscouncil.com/isc-members/

They are taking it on tour, from city to city, and it will be in Montreal on October 12th for the game against the Revs.

Given our current position in the standings, I was curious about our participation in the supporters council.

I was a bit perturbed to learn there is none. It's not an accident, I asked them and their official position is "We do not see the need to associate ourselves with this group at this time"

Another guy added "I don't recall the specific reasons now, but what I see is that we are REALLY independent. Worse there's certain really crappy groups in there."

I'll reserve judgment till I learn more, but I find that a pretty problematic position. All I know is that its gonna be pretty awkward if we win it this year...

Does anyone here know more? I consider myself an expert on the Impact as a team, as well as MLS and North American soccer, but I really don't know much about UM02 to understand this.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Interesting factoid.

I was reading about the Supporters shield, The supporters council, its history and all that (they made a new version this year that looks fantastic):

They are taking it on tour, from city to city, and it will be in Montreal on October 12th for the game against the Revs.

Given our current position in the standings, I was curious about our participation in the supporters council.

I was a bit perturbed to learn there is none. It's not an accident, I asked them and their official position is "We do not see the need to associate ourselves with this group at this time"

Another guy added "I don't recall the specific reasons now, but what I see is that we are REALLY independent. Worse there's certain really crappy groups in there."

I'll reserve judgment till I learn more, but I find that a pretty problematic position. All I know is that its gonna be pretty awkward if we win it this year...

Does anyone here know more? I consider myself an expert on the Impact as a team, as well as MLS and North American soccer, but I really don't know much about UM02 to understand this.
This is a pure guess but I think UM02 sees themselves as a more independent group and not technically under the direction of the Impact.

I think a lot of other groups in North America are more like the Molson Ex zone at the Bell Centre with club employees leading chants and paying for the tifos.

Just a guess.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:40 AM
_vivelequebec_

Kei Kamara still on loan at Norwich, Besler and Zusi might be out too :

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...onable-weekend

Old
03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Oh boy, KC's depth is really getting stretched.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Bud2790

Obviously it would be easier for the Impact if both sit out Saturday's game. But at the same time, I'd rather see them play and see how we stack up against them.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Captain Saku

Zusi is a very good player and is still 26 years old. I'm surprised he's even still in the MLS.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Woland

Quote:
Interesting factoid.

many reasons and can't go over them all, but this association and some of the groups are in fact not taken very seriously....or at least not sharing the same set of values as UM02.

some groups use it as a means of social gathering.

our networking with other groups is often done in the back scene through personal relations with individuals and there is no current official partnership with any other group in the world.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:22 PM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
This is a pure guess but I think UM02 sees themselves as a more independent group and not technically under the direction of the Impact.

I think a lot of other groups in North America are more like the Molson Ex zone at the Bell Centre with club employees leading chants and paying for the tifos.

Just a guess.
No that's not it. Every supporters group is a separate entity with little to no direct involvement of the team. To my knowledge no group, certainly none in MLS, are like Molson Ex.

Remember that the Southsiders, Timbers Army and Emerald City are currently suing the league over trademark issues(for the Cascadia cup). They are are prickly and protective of their space as UM02.

I raised the issue over at bigsoccer, and as I hoped someone with real knowledge corroborated the issue:

Quote:

By: Don Gagliardi

It was already awkward this year, since the 1906 Ultras in San Jose were not invited to participate in the Independent Supporters Council (ISC), nor in the creation of a separate non-profit Supporters Shield Council, nor given notice that the Supporters Shield was being revamped, nor invited to donate funds for the revamped trophy. Nor, in a display of hubris, did the ISC think to ask the 1906 Ultras whether they would be willing to return the existing Supporters Shield for display in Kansas City at the conclusion of this season before ISC publicly announced that that is what will happen.

I don't blame the Montreal Ultras for having misgivings about the ISC or about how the Supporters Shield is being managed. When groups representing lower level clubs in places like Tucson and San Antonio are represented in the ISC and thereby have a voice in a trophy awarded for MLS excellence, while the primary supporters group in San Jose, which currently holds the Shield, is not asked to participate, and a nominal San Jose supporters group consisting of a handful of members (if that) who don't actually do tifo is substituted as the supposed voice of San Jose supporters, there are reasons to question the bona fides of both the ISC and the new shield emanating from such an entity.

At a minimum, the Montreal Ultras and the 1906 Ultras should be offered, forthwith, and unconditionally, seats on the non-profit board administering the new Supporters Shield. Most specifically, these groups' non-participation in the ISC should not disqualify them from participation in the management of the Supporters Shield. To my understanding, however, neither has a seat because neither is a member of ISC.
Remember that San Jose won the shield last season.

All complaints recalled. Hopefully its a problem that will be resolved over time, but obviously its not related to their own aloofness or arrogance, which is what I was originally thinking.

Last edited by gelu88: 03-28-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
No that's not it. Every supporters group is a separate entity with little to no direct involvement of the team. To my knowledge no group, certainly none in MLS, are like Molson Ex.

Remember that the Southsiders, Timbers Army and Emerald City are currently suing the league over trademark issues(for the Cascadia cup). They are are prickly and protective of their space as UM02.

I raised the issue over at bigsoccer, and as I hoped someone with real knowledge corroborated the issue:

Remember that San Jose won the shield last season.

All complaints recalled. Hopefully its a problem that will be resolved over time, but obviously its not related to their own aloofness or arrogance, which is what I was originally thinking.
Apologies I was taking a shot in the dark.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Paponi officially on trial with the Impact, starting april 4th. Should be interesting.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:08 PM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
Apologies I was taking a shot in the dark.
Not nessesary

Not everyone has to spend his time reading every Wikipedia page of every group in the league.

One idiot is enough.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Paponi officially on trial with the Impact, starting april 4th. Should be interesting.
Can't say I'm surprised lol! Can't wait to see how that works out.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:21 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
He can play on the wings, so I guess that's where he'll play if he stays. Romero and Pisanu are great, but they seem to lack stamina, especially Pisanu. If we want to go far in the CCL (if we make it), we'll need depth.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
gelu88

Pisanu's loan ends at the end of the season right? I can't imagine him remaining a default starter the way he has been playing thus far.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:34 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Well, he has been good, he creates things and he help us create from the sides, but his lack his stamina really hurts us late in games. He can/should be a starter, but should come out at the 60th most of the time.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:56 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Pisanu's loan ends at the end of the season right? I can't imagine him remaining a default starter the way he has been playing thus far.
Ends next december IIRC

Old
03-28-2013, 06:19 PM
gunners14henry

Some good news for those (like me) who don't have TVA Sports and stream games, the MLS youtube channel will be streaming the game on Saturday

Old
03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Some good news for those (like me) who don't have TVA Sports and stream games, the MLS youtube channel will be streaming the game on Saturday

I was coming to post the same thing LOL. Everyone beats me to the news these days it seems. You guys gota slow down

Old
03-28-2013, 07:00 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Excellent read: http://t.co/8YRK0XsOtK

Old
03-28-2013, 08:55 PM
ClasslessGuy

So how good is this Paponi guy?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
So how good is this Paponi guy?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
wow... and I thought it was a header until I look at the replay more closely. Even better.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:19 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padrino86 View Post
wow... and I thought it was a header until I look at the replay more closely. Even better.
I always thought it was a header also lol. I'm like, "Why does Laurent always post an ordinary goal from Paponi? Headers aren't that hard from that distance!"

Closed Thread