HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread/Go CrAzY!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
xxxxx-Miller-Callahan
Kreider-xxxxx-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

Staal-Del Zotto
McDonagh-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx

Hardly "keeping every player we have". This team just needs to cut the deadweight, not change key pieces to their like Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider.
Dan Girardi?

03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Dan Girardi?
Not opposed to dealing him. He's a nice player, but he's going to get a LOT of money in 2014, and I'd rather try and flip him for a young, up and coming NHL asset. Like an actual offensive defenseman, or a young center.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dan Girardi?
Trading Girardi is a possibility. I'd be open to it.

03-28-2013, 11:37 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

As would I.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Of course; just like everything, depends on the return.

Gaborik and Boyle should be the 1st 2 players that we should look for to trade before others.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Not opposed to dealing him. He's a nice player, but he's going to get a LOT of money in 2014, and I'd rather try and flip him for a young, up and coming NHL asset. Like an actual offensive defenseman, or a young center.
$4-5M per year? Can't see him getting more than that.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
We will need the money to re-sign Callahan, Kreider, Del Zotto, potentially Stralman and most importantly....Hank.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:42 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Hopefully someone overpays for Gaborik.

Old
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
We will need the money to re-sign Callahan, Kreider, Del Zotto, potentially Stralman and most importantly....Hank.
Right, but after tonight's 1st goal Hank is probably on his way to Chicago...

Old
darko

Quote:

5/25 is something I can see Girardi getting. That would be too pricey IMO especially considering his age and the way he plays.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Are you assuming he stays for the duration of his contract here?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
One can hope. He certainly ain't doing us any favors on the ice or in the trade market right now.

Quote:
Right, but after tonight's 1st goal Hank is probably on his way to Chicago...
Hank is going to Pittsburgh along with Lebron James.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Again, being a Michigan student, I have a massive hard-on for Trouba, and I wouldn't mind seeing Gabby traded 1 for 1 for Trouba. I'm always the guy who prefers his proven players over potential (i.e. I was someone arguing that Kreider would not just slide in and fill Dubinsky's role right off the bat), but I really think he's going to be the next big thing at the NHL level.

If we can manage to get Trouba at the NHL level, I'd be more than willing to swap Girardi (considering his age, the way his body will soon disintegrate from the abuse it takes, and the fact that I think the majority of us on this board have a better breakout pass than he does) for a 2nd line young center (think a ROR type)

2013-14 (and beyond) roster
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-ROR-Fast
Fast-Miller-Callahan
Powe-Boyle/Noob-Asham/Heavyweight (Sather always signs his goons) (In reality though, a fourth line is pretty interchangeable. Two years from now, it's likely we'll have 3 different fourth liners)

That third line LW can be filled by someone like Hrvik, Thomas, or any stopgap or prospect that surprises us and surpasses expectations.

Staal-DZ
McD-Trouba
Stralman (Skjei in one-two years time)-McIlrath

This is a D we could have set in stone for eight-ten more years.

Same first line we all know and love (depends on the day I guess..), very good second line if Kreider develops the way we want him to, very hard-working and defensively responsible (with lots of offensive talent to boot) third line, with a very good well-rounded D and the best goalie in the game.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
xxxxx-Miller-Callahan
Kreider-xxxxx-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx

Staal-Del Zotto
McDonagh-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx

Hardly "keeping every player we have". This team just needs to cut the deadweight, not change key pieces to their like Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider.
Too many untouchables. The only realistic ones should be Stepan, McDonagh and Lundqvist. Those three, 1D, 1C and 1G are the building blocks for the Rangers, well for me. JT Miller isn't close to being a NHL player, let alone one that can successfully lead the 2nd line. He'll get creamed against other 2nd line Cs in the division: Strome, Malkin, Schenn, Henrique, etc.

I just don't feel any confidence with that defense core and lack of center depth. The problem with the construction of the team is that they're spending too much on wingers, when wingers don't have quite as much the impact as centers do to the game.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:58 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

I got a better idea, why don't we trade for Anisimov and put him as the 2nd or 3rd line center.
Skill, defensive awareness, huge frame, potential. I miss him the most.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I wouldnt trade Staal for Backes let alone add more.
That's pretty crazy. Backes is crazy good and would be the team's best forward when taking into consideration of his defensive play. Perhaps not Staal, but I'd give MDZ Kreider 1st. Build around Backes and Stepan.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:00 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Too many untouchables. The only realistic ones should be Stepan, McDonagh and Lundqvist. Those three, 1D, 1C and 1G are the building blocks for the Rangers, well for me. JT Miller isn't close to being a NHL player, let alone one that can successfully lead the 2nd line. He'll get creamed against other 2nd line Cs in the division: Strome, Malkin, Schenn, Henrique, etc.

I just don't feel any confidence with that defense core and lack of center depth. The problem with the construction of the team is that they're spending too much on wingers, when wingers don't have quite as much the impact as centers do to the game.
Strome hasn't even played an NHL game, and did you really call Malkin a 2c? The guy is a generational talent. That's like calling Zetterberg a 2c because he's behind Datsyuk. Was J.Staal a 3c also?

Old
03-29-2013, 12:02 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

Quote:
That's pretty crazy. Backes is crazy good and would be the team's best forward when taking into consideration of his defensive play. Perhaps not Staal, but I'd give MDZ Kreider 1st. Build around Backes and Stepan.
No way I do MDZ, Kreider, and a 1st for Backes. The most I would offer is Girardi, 1st, and Boyle for Backes and Schwartz. He hasn't even sniffed 75 points. This team has a hard on for Americans though so I wouldn't doubt it. We need to blend in more Canadians/Europeans. Guys with skill, not just an American last name.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Backes is turning 29 this coming May. You don't trade youth and another 1st round pick for that.

I'm trying to figure out your schtick here. Before, you wanted to blow up the entire team and start over. Now you want to pull a classic Sather move and move the kids for a guy staring down 30.

It's things like that which will keep us in NHL purgatory forever.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
Again, being a Michigan student, I have a massive hard-on for Trouba, and I wouldn't mind seeing Gabby traded 1 for 1 for Trouba. I'm always the guy who prefers his proven players over potential (i.e. I was someone arguing that Kreider would not just slide in and fill Dubinsky's role right off the bat), but I really think he's going to be the next big thing at the NHL level.

If we can manage to get Trouba at the NHL level, I'd be more than willing to swap Girardi (considering his age, the way his body will soon disintegrate from the abuse it takes, and the fact that I think the majority of us on this board have a better breakout pass than he does) for a 2nd line young center (think a ROR type)

2013-14 (and beyond) roster
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-ROR-Fast
Fast-Miller-Callahan
Powe-Boyle/Noob-Asham/Heavyweight (Sather always signs his goons) (In reality though, a fourth line is pretty interchangeable. Two years from now, it's likely we'll have 3 different fourth liners)

That third line LW can be filled by someone like Hrvik, Thomas, or any stopgap or prospect that surprises us and surpasses expectations.

Staal-DZ
McD-Trouba
Stralman (Skjei in one-two years time)-McIlrath

This is a D we could have set in stone for eight-ten more years.

Same first line we all know and love (depends on the day I guess..), very good second line if Kreider develops the way we want him to, very hard-working and defensively responsible (with lots of offensive talent to boot) third line, with a very good well-rounded D and the best goalie in the game.
lol no way in hell WPG moves Trouba. He is the next big thing in USA hockey.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:06 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

Quote:
Backes is turning 29 this coming May. You don't trade youth and another 1st round pick for that.

I'm trying to figure out your schtick here. Before, you wanted to blow up the entire team and start over. Now you want to pull a classic Sather move and move the kids for a guy staring down 30.

It's things like that which will keep us in NHL purgatory forever.
Yeah, I completely agree. This isn't NHL 13 where you get your favorite players by trading away youth.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Strome hasn't even played an NHL game, and did you really call Malkin a 2c? The guy is a generational talent. That's like calling Zetterberg a 2c because he's behind Datsyuk. Was J.Staal a 3c also?
That's exactly my point. If JT Miller is your 2C in the Atlantic, you have no hopes of ever winning a title.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:07 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

What we really need is a legit 3c with defensive awareness (who can pk), and someone with skill, who can dish the puck. This team really misses Anisimov. I'd give up Miller to get him back.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:08 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Gabby for Logan Couture
Richards for Kevin Shattenkirk

Easy. Both team will accept the deals and our problems are solved. Boom.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:09 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
What we really need is a legit 3c with defensive awareness (who can pk), and someone with skill, who can dish the puck. This team really misses Anisimov. I'd give up Miller to get him back.
We need an Anisimov-type player but trading Miller for him is asinine asset management.

And I'm really not high in Anisimov. I think he'll always be a very nice regular season player who forgets to show up in the spring. His game does not translate well into the playoffs. His battle level needs to rise, especially in the corners. The fact that he's maddeningly inconsistent/streaky makes it even worse.

Closed Thread