HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

GDT: Blues hosting Kings: Qdoba edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 12:28 AM
  #401
Lord Helix
CarvinSigX
 
Lord Helix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zeta[-1]
Posts: 13,244
vCash: 200
People keep saying this core won't work, but we just don't know that yet. Are the holes in the lineup filled yet? No, so don't say they can't right the ship with a few trades.

Lord Helix is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 12:30 AM
  #402
diehardbluesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
A goalie is only as good as the team in front of him. Does Halak give up weak goals? Yep. Halak is becoming the new Brewer around here. Our defense is garbage as hell protecting the net, but nobody wants to come to terms with that.

It'd be nice if our defenseman would start putting opposing players on their damn ***** when they come in front of the net so they think twice about going in front of the net again.

diehardbluesfan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 12:32 AM
  #403
Boromir Jagr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
People keep saying this core won't work, but we just don't know that yet. Are the holes in the lineup filled yet? No, so don't say they can't right the ship with a few trades.
at some point you have to crap or get off the pot. i'm not a "blow it up, trade everyone" jackass but at some point you have to accept this team isn't good enough and it's time to move on.

this is the third coach and 4th, 5th, 6th, season for a lot of these guys. the line has to be drawn at some point.

Boromir Jagr* is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:00 AM
  #404
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 15,276
vCash: 50
Maybe we can coordinate some kind of special "Outdoor Classic of Disappointment" and play a post-season match against the Rangers.

2 Minute Minor is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:12 AM
  #405
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
What the hell is going on?

PocketNines is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:13 AM
  #406
Lord Helix
CarvinSigX
 
Lord Helix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zeta[-1]
Posts: 13,244
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir Jagr View Post
at some point you have to crap or get off the pot. i'm not a "blow it up, trade everyone" jackass but at some point you have to accept this team isn't good enough and it's time to move on.

this is the third coach and 4th, 5th, 6th, season for a lot of these guys. the line has to be drawn at some point.
So? The team still hasn't peaked. Think about it this way. The Blues had the best defense in the history of the NHL last year. They added 2 of the best forward prospects they've had in awhile. Their stud d-men are under 25. Can anyone really say that acquiring a LHD and a center wouldn't make a difference? The whole depth thing only works if you don't have any weak links. LA was in the same spot as the Blues. They fixed it by filling holes.

Lord Helix is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:19 AM
  #407
Boromir Jagr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
So? The team still hasn't peaked. Think about it this way. The Blues had the best defense in the history of the NHL last year. They added 2 of the best forward prospects they've had in awhile. Their stud d-men are under 25. Can anyone really say that acquiring a LHD and a center wouldn't make a difference? The whole depth thing only works if you don't have any weak links. LA was in the same spot as the Blues. They fixed it by filling holes.
thanks but nothing you said contradicted what i said. i wasn't advocating blowing up the team and tossing everyone for picks. i said at some point everyone has to recognize that their team isn't going to get it done and when that happens you need to try again.

is that really an inflammatory statement that requires debate? cause it seems pretty ****ing neutral to me.

Boromir Jagr* is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
  #408
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ
 
EastonBlues22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,807
vCash: 500
Maybe it's all for the best if we just forget about this one.

EastonBlues22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.