HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kherron View Post
Hey Beacon, how well do you think McIlrath and Hrivik would perform if they were called up this season?

Hrivik likely would've made the Rangers in January due to the lack of depth and his good play. But now Miller and Kreider are playing better and we got Powe and MZA too. Then there's a matter of him missing almost three dozen games, so I don't know what kind of form he's in right now.

MCI is not ready. Klassen and Pyett would both do better, as would Stu Bickel. He's too hesitant with the puck, too unstable on his skates. He's good positionally, has good straight speed and is a smart player, but he would be overmatched in the NHL right now. He needs to work on his game very hard during the summer, particularly his small step skating.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Bridge lost a 5-4 lead. DiPietro really sucks. Another 5 goals given up tonight. He has a 3.31 GAA and .883SV% in the AHL. Just terrible.

With Bridge and WOR losing tonight, they are pretty much eliminated as potential competitors to Hartford. It's awfully hard to make up 9 points in 17 games. Same for Albany, St. Johns and Adirondak.

For the first time all year, Hartford is solidly in the playoffs with some breathing room. It is 6th in points, 7th in points per game and has a decent number of points on teams ranked 9 and 10. It can even take the 5 seed, which is only a point above (but CT played two extra games). Over the last 21 games, CT picked up a little over 69% of the points and has been the best team in the AHL.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:16 PM
17futurecap

Always nice to come over, and read about the Whale playing well. Good on them.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Rangers flounder, but Whale win. It's good to live 10 mins away from the team that's playing well! Going up to Springfield on Saturday night. First time up there this year. We usually go to all the road games but every time they were in Springy this season we were busy. I can't wait!

Old
03-29-2013, 03:27 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Bridge lost a 5-4 lead. DiPietro really sucks. Another 5 goals given up tonight. He has a 3.31 GAA and .883SV% in the AHL. Just terrible.

With Bridge and WOR losing tonight, they are pretty much eliminated as potential competitors to Hartford. It's awfully hard to make up 9 points in 17 games. Same for Albany, St. Johns and Adirondak.

For the first time all year, Hartford is solidly in the playoffs with some breathing room. It is 6th in points, 7th in points per game and has a decent number of points on teams ranked 9 and 10. It can even take the 5 seed, which is only a point above (but CT played two extra games). Over the last 21 games, CT picked up a little over 69% of the points and has been the best team in the AHL.
does depietro look like he actually sucks or like he wants out of his contract?

Old
03-29-2013, 06:19 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
does depietro look like he actually sucks or like he wants out of his contract?
Why in God's name would he want out of that contract paying him 4.5 million dollars forever? And if he wanted, I'm sure the isles would gladly let him go. All he'd have to do is just not report to the team anymore.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

Every MCI hit creates thunder.
Quote:

MCI fumbles the puck on his own blue line.

What does his fumbling sound like? Three Stooges "woo woo woo woo" kinda noise?

Seriously, very disappointing to hear you say you would not call him up this season. I thought maybe at least a cup of coffee.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Best case scenario is that the Rangers and Tortorella's effing grinding and dump n' chase system collapse and they don't make the POs, meaning Newbury, Kreider, Gilroy and Miller are back with the Whale!

Old
03-29-2013, 09:31 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Best case scenario is that the Rangers and Tortorella's effing grinding and dump n' chase system collapse and they don't make the POs, meaning Newbury, Kreider, Gilroy and Miller are back with the Whale!
And Torts walks his dogs somewhere else, Stoneage style...

Old
03-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Vitto79

So assuming Newbury goes down and Fasth starts in CT what's the lineup upfront?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

with Rangers sucking on offense, why not scratch Boyle Pyatt and replace them with Thomas or Ferriero or Yogan.. im sure they cant do much worse maybe they would provide a spark and remind the team that no one roster spot is safe

Old
03-29-2013, 01:44 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beacon View Post
penalty on palm for taking a stick to the face. You didn't misread that. Palm gets him in the face with a stick and somehow gets called for a penalty. The officiating at the minor league level is really horrible.
lol!!!!! This got a good chuckle out of me

Old
03-29-2013, 01:46 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
with Rangers sucking on offense, why not scratch Boyle Pyatt and replace them with Thomas or Ferriero or Yogan.. im sure they cant do much worse maybe they would provide a spark and remind the team that no one roster spot is safe

Boyle/miller/richards are Torts surrogate sons so they will always get icetime even though they mess up all the time. Pyatt is a mystery because he has sucked for about 30 games now yet he never gets scratched

Old
03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
mac

Are we going to see Fast and Allen this weekend?

Old
03-29-2013, 02:30 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Are we going to see Fast and Allen this weekend?
at this point id rather nor rush them. even if we make the playoffs we wont make it past the first round because we will play pitt/montreal. id rather start fresh next year. Sather has at least made good draft picks the last few years. Build around nash kreider stepan hagelin miller and bring in fast lindberg and thomas

Old
03-29-2013, 02:34 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
at this point id rather nor rush them. even if we make the playoffs we wont make it past the first round because we will play pitt/montreal. id rather start fresh next year. Sather has at least made good draft picks the last few years. Build around nash kreider stepan hagelin miller and bring in fast lindberg and thomas
Pretty sure he's talking about in Ct cuz, you know, this is the Whale thread

Old
03-29-2013, 02:35 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Pretty sure he's talking about in Ct cuz, you know, this is the Whale thread
Ok thats cool no need to be nasty

Old
03-29-2013, 02:38 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Ok thats cool no need to be nasty
Not being nasty, just trying to clear up any misconception

Old
03-29-2013, 02:40 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Not being nasty, just trying to clear up any misconception
Oh ok i apologize

Old
03-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The Whale is one of only 6 teams not playing tonight, but a lot of key games tonight.

1. #8 Hershey is playing #11 Albany. Both are competitors, but the Whale opened up some space vs. Albany, while Hershey is right on their butt, so rooting for Albany. Anything but an OT will leave me satisfied because if Hershey beats Albany, they are completely out of contention. But I'd rather Hershey lose.

2. #5 Portland is playing #9 Monarchs. Portland has 1 more point in 2 fewer games, while M&Ms have 5 points less in 1 fewer game. Hartford is playing well, and with the addition of Hrivik, I am hopeful, so let's get greedy here and hope the M&Ms take out Portland, so that Hartford can go for the 5 seed. That said, this one game where I'm definitely ok with any non-OT result. Just don't want this to be a 3 point game.

3. #3 Providence is playing #7 Wilkes-Barrie/Scranton. Hartford can't can't up to Pro (11 points are too much to make up this late), and WBS is only a point behind with an extra game on hand, so WBS is just slightly ahead in points per game over Hartford. Definitely need Pro to come through for us and take out WBS.

4. #1 Syracuse is playing #10 Norfolk. We can't catch up to 'Cuse, but Norfolk is only 7 points behind with 2 extra games left. The Whale is close to leaving Norfolk in the dust, but not there yet. A cold streak by the Whale or a hot streak by Norfolk will allow them to catch up. Rooting for 'Cuse.

5. Adirondak is playing Bingo, but the former is too far below the Whale and the latter is too far ahead, so it doesn't matter. I guess if Bingo collapses, we could catch up to them, so go ADK!

All the other games are in the Western Conference.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
The Whale is one of only 6 teams not playing tonight, but a lot of key games tonight.

1. #8 Hershey is playing #11 Albany. Both are competitors, but the Whale opened up some space vs. Albany, while Hershey is right on their butt, so rooting for Albany. Anything but an OT will leave me satisfied because if Hershey beats Albany, they are completely out of contention. But I'd rather Hershey lose.
Albany won. Hartford now has 3 points extra in one extra game on the 8 seed.

Quote:
2. #5 Portland is playing #9 Monarchs. Portland has 1 more point in 2 fewer games, while M&Ms have 5 points less in 1 fewer game. Hartford is playing well, and with the addition of Hrivik, I am hopeful, so let's get greedy here and hope the M&Ms take out Portland, so that Hartford can go for the 5 seed. That said, this one game where I'm definitely ok with any non-OT result. Just don't want this to be a 3 point game.
Portland won. I don't mind this result, as it means that Hartford has 5 extra points in the same number of games. With only 15 games left in the season, that's a decent lead.

Quote:
3. #3 Providence is playing #7 Wilkes-Barrie/Scranton. Hartford can't can't up to Pro (11 points are too much to make up this late), and WBS is only a point behind with an extra game on hand, so WBS is just slightly ahead in points per game over Hartford. Definitely need Pro to come through for us and take out WBS.
WBS lost in the shootout, and is now tied in both points and games with Hartford for the 6/7 place.

Quote:
4. #1 Syracuse is playing #10 Norfolk. We can't catch up to 'Cuse, but Norfolk is only 7 points behind with 2 extra games left. The Whale is close to leaving Norfolk in the dust, but not there yet. A cold streak by the Whale or a hot streak by Norfolk will allow them to catch up. Rooting for 'Cuse.
Dammit, down 4-1 in the third, Norfolk came back to win it 5-4. I was sure Syracuse will be able to hold a 3 goal lead considering they have the best record in the AHL, but this is minor league hockey for you - leads blown all the time.

Had #9 Norfolk lost, the Whale would be in a stronger position in terms of being guaranteed a playoff spot.

Quote:
5. Adirondak is playing Bingo, but the former is too far below the Whale and the latter is too far ahead, so it doesn't matter. I guess if Bingo collapses, we could catch up to them, so go ADK!

Bingo won, as expected since it is a good team and ADK sucks (but Hartford seems to lose to the ADK for no apparent reason).

===========================================

Not a terrible night, but it wasn't good at all. This puts pressure on Hartford to win tomorrow against the tough Springfield team.

I really hope to make the playoffs. I think playing a couple rounds of playoff hockey would be very good for this young team that is learning the ropes of the pro game.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Albany won. Hartford now has 3 points extra in one extra game on the 8 seed.

Portland won. I don't mind this result, as it means that Hartford has 5 extra points in the same number of games. With only 15 games left in the season, that's a decent lead.

WBS lost in the shootout, and is now tied in both points and games with Hartford for the 6/7 place.

Dammit, down 4-1 in the third, Norfolk came back to win it 5-4. I was sure Syracuse will be able to hold a 3 goal lead considering they have the best record in the AHL, but this is minor league hockey for you - leads blown all the time.

Had #9 Norfolk lost, the Whale would be in a stronger position in terms of being guaranteed a playoff spot.

Bingo won, as expected since it is a good team and ADK sucks (but Hartford seems to lose to the ADK for no apparent reason).

===========================================

Not a terrible night, but it wasn't good at all. This puts pressure on Hartford to win tomorrow against the tough Springfield team.

I really hope to make the playoffs. I think playing a couple rounds of playoff hockey would be very good for this young team that is learning the ropes of the pro game.
They're in a better position than the Rangers to make the playoffs, so at least there is that.

03-29-2013, 10:54 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Beacon, just out of curiosity, if this news about Hank having a concussion turns out to be true, is Talbot ready to take on the responsibilities of backing up Marty for as long as he needs to

Old
03-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Beacon, just out of curiosity, if this news about Hank having a concussion turns out to be true, is Talbot ready to take on the responsibilities of backing up Marty for as long as he needs to
Would it matter? If Hank went out one of Mission or Talbot would be up, ready or not.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:14 PM
gravey9

Anyone know what the deal is with Fasth, Nicholls and McColgan? Are they all coming to the Whale? I know Fasth could just go straight to NYR. but there hasn't been any updates other than those on Zucc...

Closed Thread