HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators VS New York Rangers | Sportsnet East, RDS, Team 1200 - 7:30pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 12:20 AM
  #676
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Only in Ottawa would a goalie have one goal which he allows more than 2 goals(3 goals) and yet still win and be considered not great.
Where did anyone say that Lehner hasn't been great? He has been. I was just commenting and pointing out that it is my belief that outside of 2 bad games Bishop has been better and more solid/composed. Maybe that comes with age, or maybe it's his make-up, but I think he's been better outside of those two games (hence the 8 - 4 record and 1.7 GAA as well as 94.6 save % outside of those games, too).

Again, not saying that Lehner hasn't been great. He has been...I just feel like he still needs more seasoning whereas Bishop seems more ready for the NHL. Just my opinion though.

Quote:
What's funny, is that those 2 games Bishop played poorly in, we could have easily won if he allowed only 3 goals.
Sure...and if Lehner hadn't let in soft goals in almost every game he's played in, despite his other amazing saves, he could have had more than just 2 wins.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:23 AM
  #677
PatrickEaves
All posts unedited
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I disagree. Bishop finds a way to regularly let pucks go five-hole. It's in part just due to his size.

Anyway, I think you'd be hard pressed to believe that this team's goaltending isn't being helped significantly by the D. We don't give up many high-quality chances.
http://www.the6thsens.com/2013-artic...fensively.html

It's a combination of both. Compared to last season, we give up less close in shots, and way more shots from the perimeter, but our goalies also have a ridiculously (and probably unsustainable) high SV% on shots from less than 10 ft.

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:26 AM
  #678
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 29,755
vCash: 500
Condra was PHENOMENAL TONIGHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Where did anyone say that Lehner hasn't been great? He has been. I was just commenting and pointing out that it is my belief that outside of 2 bad games Bishop has been better and more solid/composed. Maybe that comes with age, or maybe it's his make-up, but I think he's been better outside of those two games (hence the 8 - 4 record and 1.7 GAA as well as 94.6 save % outside of those games, too).

Again, not saying that Lehner hasn't been great. He has been...I just feel like he still needs more seasoning whereas Bishop seems more ready for the NHL. Just my opinion though.



Sure...and if Lehner hadn't let in soft goals in almost every game he's played in, despite his other amazing saves, he could have had more than just 2 wins.
I know what you mean but I'd also easily argue that Bishop has let in just as many weak goals in the other games like the two against Buffalo.

Also, your last statement, so you're saying Lehner should have gotten straight shutouts? lol cause the only soft goals he has let in were the only goals he basically allowed.

Regardless, both great goalies but you're not giving Lehner enough credit.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:27 AM
  #679
Mawlrat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Anybody else think Nash is wishing he made a better choice? I know I would be if I were him.

Mawlrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:30 AM
  #680
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawlrat View Post
Anybody else think Nash is wishing he made a better choice? I know I would be if I were him.
He's probably thinking that he wishes Torterella wasn't the coach in Ny. Shouldn't be much of an issue. He's on borrowed time.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:32 AM
  #681
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,153
vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
^ Torts gets fired this year if Rangers don't make the playoffs/get passed first round.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:41 AM
  #682
Senscore
The Superior B-Side
 
Senscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,582
vCash: 500
I think it's important to keep in mind, with regards to Lehner, that half the games he's played have been against two of the elite teams in the conference, namely Montreal and Boston.

Senscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:43 AM
  #683
KarlSen
Sinkhole Nation
 
KarlSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senscore View Post
I think it's important to keep in mind, with regards to Lehner, that half the games he's played have been against two of the elite teams in the conference, namely Montreal and Boston.
And there have been some games, like the last Tampa game that the Sens were NOT good, awful even, and he kept the score within reach.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:02 AM
  #684
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,364
vCash: 500
We have 3 number one goalies. This is bananas. I'm confident in any of these guys to start a game vs whomever we meet in the playoffs.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:04 AM
  #685
Emerica
Thank You Alfie
 
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Take away his two games in which he allowed 5 goals (Tampa, Toronto) and his GAA is 1.7...and a sv% of 94.6. That still includes the game in New York when Anderson got injured.

It's a small sample size anyway, but outside of those two games in which the whole team was pretty terrible defensively he has been more impressive than Lehner. He just doesn't have the same propensity for letting in soft goals at inopportune moments.
If you're going to do it for one, do it for the other.

Take out the two games Lehner has allowed 3 goals (his 2 ''worst'' games, which weren't bad games really).
SV%: 0.946
GAA: 1.83

Emerica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:33 AM
  #686
Slow Hands
The feels
 
Slow Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Man I don't wanna trade any of our goalies I love them all so much

Slow Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:55 AM
  #687
DrunkUncleDenis
Moderator
Tremendous
 
DrunkUncleDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,847
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hands View Post
Man I don't wanna trade any of our goalies I love them all so much
Agreed. To hell with it, hold on to them all for a little while longer. It's just so epic.
I have confidence every game no matter who is in goal.






Unless it's Robin in a shootout

DrunkUncleDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:21 AM
  #688
Sensatauro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I think I have a nickname for the Lats-Zib-Silf line.

The {male sexual organ} line.

Why? Well, there are two Swedes. Sweden is known for their swedish meatballs. Lats is French. The French are known for their baguettes. Two balls and a baguette makes for... well I'll let you guys fill in the blanks.

I really hate to ask, but a post like this, really does make one wonder....are you a male or female? I hear the rumors, and I thought I believed you, but this post makes me ask for

Sensatauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:36 AM
  #689
Persuasion
Keep Kulie
 
Persuasion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 649
vCash: 500
Leaf fan here. I don't know if its the booze talking but I must say: you guys are blowing my mind.

Never would I have dreamed that a no Karlsson, Spezza, and Anderson lineup would produce a top 5 eastern conference team. Very impressive. I can only imagine how good you would be WITH them!

As much as I dislike you, I can't ignore an amazing performance.

Destroy those damn Habs

Persuasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:45 AM
  #690
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,069
vCash: 500
Bishop you beast...

And Zbad... You're also a beast...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:36 AM
  #691
Here I Pageau Again
Registered User
 
Here I Pageau Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persuasion View Post
Leaf fan here. I don't know if its the booze talking but I must say: you guys are blowing my mind.

Never would I have dreamed that a no Karlsson, Spezza, and Anderson lineup would produce a top 5 eastern conference team. Very impressive. I can only imagine how good you would be WITH them!

As much as I dislike you, I can't ignore an amazing performance.

Destroy those damn Habs
Oh poor poor Michalek. The always forgotten 30 goal winger. Lol.

But it also amazes me everytime I watch this team. I am not sure what other team would be this resilient. It's amazing. I love it.

Here I Pageau Again is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:23 AM
  #692
Step
GO SENS GO
 
Step's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 2550
Aaaaand the Isles are now tied with the Rangers in points (NYR has a game in hand mind you). Wouldn't it rock if the Islanders made the playoffs? That franchise needs it. Looking at their upcoming sched it's doable (aside from Saturday's game of course).

Islanders 15 remaining games
Sat, Mar 30 @ Pittsburgh 1:00 PM
Mon, Apr 1 @ New Jersey 7:00 PM
Tue, Apr 2 vs Winnipeg 7:00 PM
Thu, Apr 4 @ Washington 7:00 PM
Sat, Apr 6 vs Tampa Bay 7:00 PM
Tue, Apr 9 vs Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Thu, Apr 11 @ Boston 7:00 PM
Sat, Apr 13 vs NY Rangers 7:00 PM
Tue, Apr 16 vs Florida 7:00 PM
Thu, Apr 18 @ Toronto 7:00 PM
Sat, Apr 20 @ Winnipeg 3:00 PM
Tue, Apr 23 @ Carolina 7:00 PM
Thu, Apr 25 @ Philadelphia 7:00 PM
Fri, Apr 26 @ Buffalo 7:00 PM

__________________
Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:56 AM
  #693
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!
 
Mark Effin Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 50
Mika now #7 in rookie scoring, Wierdcock #10 and Silfverbeast at #12

and 73 93 33 is starting to become a pretty good line.

Mark Effin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:13 AM
  #694
FreakyBunny
Registered User
 
FreakyBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Aaaaand the Isles are now tied with the Rangers in points (NYR has a game in hand mind you). Wouldn't it rock if the Islanders made the playoffs? That franchise needs it. Looking at their upcoming sched it's doable (aside from Saturday's game of course).
Wow. Aside from a lengthy stretch on the road towards the end of the season, who wouldn't want that schedule? The Isles could very well make the post season. That would be great for Tavares.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:28 AM
  #695
Matte99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
i didn't get to see the game tonight, so my question to all of you is:

how did hoffman look?
Good, looked like a promising NHL player with tons of speed and good hockey sense.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:45 AM
  #696
Karl Cowensson
I has cheezburger
 
Karl Cowensson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Mika now #7 in rookie scoring, Wierdcock #10 and Silfverbeast at #12

and 73 93 33 is starting to become a pretty good line.
The 3 line!

Karl Cowensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:33 AM
  #697
Silvercup Returns
King Karlsson
 
Silvercup Returns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 29,005
vCash: 50
Guys, isn't this the first time we've had a GOOD goalie problem?

so proud.

__________________
Forgot my password for 1 full year.
Silvercup Returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:37 AM
  #698
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
If you're going to do it for one, do it for the other.

Take out the two games Lehner has allowed 3 goals (his 2 ''worst'' games, which weren't bad games really).
SV%: 0.946
GAA: 1.83
Well I was just illustrating what Bishop has done outside of his bad games. I don't really consider Lehner to have had any bad games -- he just tends to let in soft goals after playing amazingly for long stretches. I'm sure it's more age and inexperience than anything, but I just feel like when Bishop is on (and he is most of the time) he's a little more solid. That's all -- Lehner has 4 years to catch up, but I hate the idea of trading either of them. I also don't want to trade Anderson so it's crazy the kind of fortunate yet unfortunate situation that we are in.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:14 AM
  #699
CarknerCountry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Well I was just illustrating what Bishop has done outside of his bad games. I don't really consider Lehner to have had any bad games -- he just tends to let in soft goals after playing amazingly for long stretches. I'm sure it's more age and inexperience than anything, but I just feel like when Bishop is on (and he is most of the time) he's a little more solid. That's all -- Lehner has 4 years to catch up, but I hate the idea of trading either of them. I also don't want to trade Anderson so it's crazy the kind of fortunate yet unfortunate situation that we are in.
And we also have two top tenders in the CHL (Brassard,Driedger)

We are loaded at this position for the first time.

CarknerCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
  #700
Quo
...
 
Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Mika now #7 in rookie scoring, Wierdcock #10 and Silfverbeast at #12

and 73 + 93 + 33 is starting to become a pretty good line.
I got a 199 problems but this line ain't one. If you're having scoring problems I feel bad for you son.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.