HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If we do miss the playoffs, there is one reason why- our awful road play

Old
03-28-2013, 01:01 PM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
If we do miss the playoffs, there is one reason why- our awful road play

Was just looking at some stats and numbers, and it is pretty unbelievable the difference in our play at home vs. the road this season:

Home:
9-2-4 +17 goal differential 2.87 G/G 1.73 GA/G

Road:
5-11-2 -19 goal differential 2.11 G/G 3.17 GA/G

Last 10 road games:
1-9-0 -18 goal differential 2.40 G/G 4.20 GA/G

Those are some ridiculous splits. If we don’t make the playoffs it’s no big mystery why- we were horrible on the road. It’s hard to comprehend a team like ours giving up over 4 goals per game over the last 10 road games.

It really makes it hard not to think of what might have been- if we had just won 2 or 3 of the road debacles this year like we should have (such as the Colorado offside call game or the Edmonton SK game), we would be sitting pretty.

If we had won 2 of them, we would be 16-11-6/38 pts and solidly in the playoffs. Win 3 of them and we’d be 17-10-6/40 pts and in the hunt for home ice.

Good news is we only have 6 road games left- bad news is only 15 games overall left, which means we don’t have time to dig ourselves out of the hole our road play dug for us……

Oh well……………

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Fo Shea Shea

Didn't need your stats to realize we have sucked on the road. There was also the game in Anaheim early on that we had a late lead we let get away.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Our road troubles this season can attributed to our defensive pairing chaos. We have 3 defensemen that can play against anyone, we have 3 that need protection.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:50 PM
adsfan

Tonight's home game isn't looking so hot either, 6-3 after one period.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:20 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Our road troubles this season can attributed to our defensive pairing chaos. We have 3 defensemen that can play against anyone, we have 3 that need protection.
We used to be a team that our defense could overcome an mediocre offence. Now they are on par with each other. The offence is not good enough to overcome defence mistakes and Rinne is having a subpar year. Still we are 3 points out of the playoffs and it's going to go down to the wire. So most say that they don't care if we miss the playoffs but the owners do. They like those extra games more money. You look at Iginla now and the same way we'll be looking at Weber in the future when are we going to dangle him out there and get a boat load and Weber is lot younger and his prime is still ahead of him. So we can be sellers but what are we telling Weber.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:27 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

It's not a talent issue on defense, it's an experience issue. I think time is all our blueline really needs.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:14 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
It's not a talent issue on defense, it's an experience issue. I think time is all our blueline really needs.
+1

We're playing Weber, Klein, and 4 kids with less than 2 years experience each when Gill is out - and I believe none actually has a whole consecutive season under their belts. We grow pretty good Dmen and still have a couple in Milw that will be looking for a spot.

If there is a D need it's the problem that Blum seems "more ready" right now than Ellis, and unless Blum is gonna' play with Klein next year - or he's gonna' put on 20lbs of muscle - I just don't see how we can put them both on the ice. So, that would seem an offseason deal Poile has to be looking to make.

As for "telling Weber" anything - you tell him to get his head in the game consistently and mentor these kids so we get another Klein or Josi outta' the bunch.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
+1

We're playing Weber, Klein, and 4 kids with less than 2 years experience each when Gill is out - and I believe none actually has a whole consecutive season under their belts. We grow pretty good Dmen and still have a couple in Milw that will be looking for a spot.

If there is a D need it's the problem that Blum seems "more ready" right now than Ellis, and unless Blum is gonna' play with Klein next year - or he's gonna' put on 20lbs of muscle - I just don't see how we can put them both on the ice. So, that would seem an offseason deal Poile has to be looking to make.

As for "telling Weber" anything - you tell him to get his head in the game consistently and mentor these kids so we get another Klein or Josi outta' the bunch.
Don't write Bartley off just yet. I've been watching more and more of him. When the game slows down a bit for him, he might be a pretty solid player.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
+1

Well Weber knows and watching what Suter's Wild does and Weber knows that Poile has no real interest in winning a cup he could demand a trade. If Poile is really interested in winning a cup he could go get a Bouwmeester a very good defenseman for less than what Suter is getting paid and then he and Weber will form a pair. Then move Josi back to Klein and Gill and who ever is left over with him. Because Ellis or Blum will go in the deal. To top that off get Hudler in the deal it would take a good package. Blum and top prospect in the minors and probably a first. This all depends al lot on if Calgary wants to deal in the same conference. We have two more years with Erat and Fisher. Legwand will be in the final year of his deal next year. SK needs to go but they won't Trotz like his defense play. Trotz doesn't care about offence. Smith right now is an enigma he could be better or he could stall out here. I think that is what is happening with him because of not able to adapt to the Trotz system.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
I agree, look at Klein and Suter they were both garbage their first 2 seasons. Only Weber came in and played solid, like Josi.

I think Blum will be ready next year and Ellis the year after.

Edit:

I was looking at the topic and going to add the two times we had points with Colorado and Edmonton only to have the refs and Kostitsyn mess up at least two, possibly more points.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote