HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
What super skilled guys did Gaborik have in Minnesota and his first two years here?

Thats a total myth.

The guy just needs to be on his RW with a center who can keep up with him, of course, when he actually uses his speed.
Demitra and Brunette.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:20 AM
Heyoooo*

vCash: 500
He didnt play with Demitra much.

It was mostly Brunette and Walz, neither of which I would say are super skilled. Prospal and Christensen, either.

Hes had very average or below average pivots during his career.

He never played with Koivu either.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
He didnt play with Demitra much.

It was mostly Brunette and Walz, neither of which I would say are super skilled. Prospal and Christensen, either.

Hes had very average or below average pivots during his career.

He never played with Koivu either.
??

He played with Demitra quite a bit. I remember him and Koivu never played together because they never had chemistry.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
What super skilled guys did Gaborik have in Minnesota and his first two years here?

Thats a total myth.

The guy just needs to be on his RW with a center who can keep up with him, of course, when he actually uses his speed.
Even in 2010, when he was centered by Christensen...he at least had some skill. EC was a complete warm body and a fringe NHLer, but he had hands and was a decent passer. He also had Prospal on his wing. Right now, he's playing with an up-and-down rookie and a garbage man.

That said, his play at times is inexcusable. I don't disagree that Gaborik looks out of place at LW, but his effort level shouldn't suffer because of that.

Torts really does need to move him back to RW, though. At least he was getting chances at RW. He might not have been finishing them, but he was objectively more effective there.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
??

He played with Demitra quite a bit. I remember him and Koivu never played together because they never had chemistry.

Thats not true. Demitra and Gaborik switched off and on with Radivojevic and Rolston in 2007-08.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:27 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
He needs to go. His play has been far too inconsistent. I'm sure we'll move him out only to see him resurrect his season somewhere else, but that shouldn't determine whether or not we keep him. Time to cut bait.

It's just pain.
Old
03-29-2013, 06:36 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
I say keep Gaborik and play him as the #2 RW. What's more important, this 48 games with no camp, or a full 82 game season with a normal camp? I think Gabby tears it up next year for us and everyone goes back to calling him the best forward on the roster. (he's certainly the best scorer).

Old
03-29-2013, 06:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I say keep Gaborik and play him as the #2 RW. What's more important, this 48 games with no camp, or a full 82 game season with a normal camp? I think Gabby tears it up next year for us and everyone goes back to calling him the best forward on the roster. (he's certainly the best scorer).
That's not happening with Nash and Callahan on the roster.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:50 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Callahan should be the 3rd line RW. He has the 2 way game to be able to thrive in a checking or scoring role. That's why he is the more versatile player. Shouldn't he be playing on the 3rd line RW for the better of the team as captain? He's in a slump as well, why not try Gaborik there?

Old
03-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
If they trade him now, the Rangers would probably get a better deal than waiting to trade him at the draft am I right? It gives the other team 2 cracks in the playoffs with him instead of one. Gut feeling keeps saying LA, we've been scouting them for a long time, they missed out on Iginla, kinda makes sense.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:00 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

Other way around. Better deal at the draft.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Other way around. Better deal at the draft.
How did that work out for Columbus with Rick Nash?

You may end up with more suitors in the offseason, though he's also less attractive being that you only get him for one playoff go-round. If you get a good offer now I think you jump on it. No guarantees his value increases over time. And what if he hurts himself after the deadline? Then you're all kinds of ****ed.

If the plan is to move him, I think you do it ASAP.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:06 AM
zuckera1

I've been calling for him to be traded for nearly two months. The guy is useless out there. Time to let him go, he's been a good player for the Rangers but his time is up.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
I've been calling for him to be traded for nearly two months. The guy is useless out there. Time to let him go, he's been a good player for the Rangers but his time is up.
Sadly I think your right..........If it does happen the guy needs an appreciation thread cause 2 - 40 goal yrs is fantastic.

I think he's going to go somewhere else and light it up but it's just not working this yr. I can see why TSN analysts are saying two bottom 6 F and a Dman is what the Rangers are targeting. Its going to add depth they seem to be lacking

Old
03-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:

Thats a total myth.

If you don't think guys like Demitra, Christensen and Prospal were skilled, then I don't know what to tell you.

Playing him with Boyle and now Newbury is essentially burying him.

03-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
I have to ask, but where is the line drawn for Gaborik and why does Richards get your pass even though he has clearly been worse? I find it odd.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

You may end up with more suitors in the offseason, though he's also less attractive being that you only get him for one playoff go-round. If you get a good offer now I think you jump on it. No guarantees his value increases over time. And what if he hurts himself after the deadline? Then you're all kinds of ****ed.

Yes exactly, if the organization is planning on trading him anyway and there's a solid deal being offered you make the deal.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

Exactly. The longer you wait, the worse his goal-scoring drought looks. 2 goals in 15.. in 20.. in 25.. etc. Especially if you're giving him crap minutes and making him practice with Pyatt and Newbury.

Plus, every day you wait is another day that new players can hit the market. Vanek and Pominville possibly being available means Gaborik isn't even the most attractive option out there anymore.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Yeah, our fearless leader with hands of cement. Jesus..

Old
03-29-2013, 11:37 AM
shinchanyo

This is a good team with two horrendously bad stars. hence an inconsistent seemingly lifeless season

Old
03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Trade anyone for the right price. But right now, I'm sorta on the side of not trading Gaborik.

He's coming off of shoulder surgery. A lot of players don't look the same for a season after a shoulder injury. Give him next season and a legit camp to prepare.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
beastly115

The problem with a Gaborik trade is we don't know if what we get back will work for us.

Call me crazy, but the Nash trade killed us. Sure, Nash has been our best player, but we gave up too much for him. We have no depth now. We lost two 2nd-3rd line homegrown players. Two guys that came up in the organization and helped instill a culture different from what we used to have.

Whatever we get back for Gaborik will just be more wildcards.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
The problem with a Gaborik trade is we don't know if what we get back will work for us.

Call me crazy, but the Nash trade killed us. Sure, Nash has been our best player, but we gave up too much for him. We have no depth now. We lost two 2nd-3rd line homegrown players. Two guys that came up in the organization and helped instill a culture different from what we used to have.

And more changes in the roster that'll further break chemistry.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Isn't that the case in any trade?

Quote:
For the umpththousandth time: if Gaborik and Richards were producing even half the way the can, nobody would be bemoaning the loss of Dubinsky and Anisimov. They could probably get Dubinsky back right now if they wanted to.

Quote:
Any return always is.

03-29-2013, 11:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
And more changes in the roster that'll further break chemistry.
What chemistry?

Closed Thread