HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Line Discussion Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 10:53 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
No pressure... better odds getting the ring to Mordor

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

So we beat up on an AWFUL Flyers team and you don't even sit useless Pyatt for Zuke? Not like he couldn't have helped on our 4 powerplays tonight (all of which looked AWESOME)...

This idiot behind the bench has to go. End of discussion.

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I really don't see a purpose in playing Pyatt over either MZA or Powe at this point. That guy has somehow become one of the least effective players I have ever seen.

03-28-2013, 11:52 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
I'd honestly still have Pyatt over Rupp. What I want to really know is why hasn't Palmieri been tried out in a PWD role...you know...what Pyatt was supposed to be?

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I'd honestly still have Pyatt over Rupp. What I want to really know is why hasn't Palmieri been tried out in a PWD role...you know...what Pyatt was supposed to be?
Maybe I'm blanking here, but what's PWD?

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Heyoooo*

Nothing makes sense anymore.

15 games left. Hurry up and miss the playoffs.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:20 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Maybe I'm blanking here, but what's PWD?
Sorry, I meant PWF, Powerforward.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Miller-Boyle-Callahan
Powe-Newbury-Asham

Please.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Miller-Boyle-Callahan
Powe-Newbury-Asham

Please.
You have to at least try playing MZA. Bench Newbury, put Boyle on the fourth line, and put MZA on Miller's wing.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
You have to at least try playing MZA. Bench Newbury, put Boyle on the fourth line, and put MZA on Miller's wing.
I'm trying to figure out how that would look. MZA gives even less board presence than Gabby. That line needs a banger to maximize its output imo.

Still, it couldn't hurt at this point. You never know.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:12 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Fast - Richards - Gaborik
Kreider - Miller - Callahan
MZA - Boyle - Torres (traded for Pyatt)
Asham, Powe as fillins

Newbury and Gilroy are sent down
A healthy Marc Staal returns
Fred and Barney are relieved of their tasks and go JAM with the dinosaurs
Please.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:33 AM
mooskating
flex

kick out pyatt or newbury and bring in zucc, boyle belongs on the 4th line... hell, i'd rather see newbury on the 3rd. at least he scores in the ahl

hagelin/stepan/nash
kreider/miller/callahan
pyatt|boyle|newb|haley|asham|powe
zuc/richards/gaborik (4TH LINE LEGIT)

mooskating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:53 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
kick out pyatt or newbury and bring in zucc, boyle belongs on the 4th line... hell, i'd rather see newbury on the 3rd. at least he scores in the ahl

hagelin/stepan/nash
kreider/miller/callahan
pyatt|boyle|newb|haley|asham|powe
zuc/richards/gaborik (4TH LINE LEGIT)
Newbury should be sent down and Pyatt should sit Saturday

Hagelin, Stepan, Nash
Zuccarello, Richards, Gaborik
Kreider, Miller, Callahan
Powe, Boyle, Asham
Pyatt

Pyatt and Boyle need to be dealt soon

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:42 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Considering how useless Pyatt has been? Yes.

Guess Iginla won't play any games soon for the Pens, Pens are on a 13 game winning streak and he hasnt practiced.
In fact,Iginla must have to wait a few games too.

"Iginla met with the Calgary media Thursday morning, meaning he would not play for Pittsburgh Thursday night against the Jets. Pittsburgh's next game is a Saturday afternoon contest against the New York Islanders at the Consol Energy Center, but his availability there may not be guaranteed either, as he deals with immigration issues."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Last edited by fredrikstad: 03-29-2013 at 06:56 AM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:03 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Don't really see Zuccarello having any impact, but at this point why the hell not give him a chance? We can't score any less...

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Cresto
Much .500

No. We stick with Torts' way until everyone retires. Stick with Torts way until he gets fired.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:49 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Sorry, I meant PWF, Powerforward.
Palmieri is not as good as Pyatt. He has 8 pts. in 21 games in Hartford for us. He's Connecticut's version of Pyatt. And he doesn't fight either for those who think he's some kind of tough guy--check out hockeyfights.com--his list of fights is very meagre. Mashinter makes much more sense if you're looking for a big forward who might combine some offense with aggression. Or Segal. Or Yogan in a year or so.

Anyway I don't think MZA was making a lot of difference last night either. Ottawa had their end pretty much locked down and Bishop did the rest. MZA is not a qb type of player. For one--he's not the guy who brings the puck up ice all that often. He's good once the team gets clear possession--when he has the puck then he is capable of making creative plays. PWP's I saw last night that wasn't the case--we weren't getting much possession at all. Rangers were outplayed by a better team.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Palmieri is not as good as Pyatt. He has 8 pts. in 21 games in Hartford for us. He's Connecticut's version of Pyatt. And he doesn't fight either for those who think he's some kind of tough guy--check out hockeyfights.com--his list of fights is very meagre. Mashinter makes much more sense if you're looking for a big forward who might combine some offense with aggression. Or Segal. Or Yogan in a year or so.

Anyway I don't think MZA was making a lot of difference last night either. Ottawa had their end pretty much locked down and Bishop did the rest. MZA is not a qb type of player. For one--he's not the guy who brings the puck up ice all that often. He's good once the team gets clear possession--when he has the puck then he is capable of making creative plays. PWP's I saw last night that wasn't the case--we weren't getting much possession at all. Rangers were outplayed by a better team.
It was pretty simple, Rangers were not winning board battles the entire game. Everyone was getting knocked off the puck.

The only good thing I saw in that game was that our D was more composed on our breakouts. Much more deliberate than before. We were also challenging the points more effectively and not getting hemmed in our end.

Still MacLean is 10X the coach Torts is...

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Graves94

Quote:

Withiout teir top 4 players in the lineup! That is he scary past

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:19 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Withiout teir top 4 players in the lineup! That is he scary past
Stepan is now a legit B+ 2C. He'll probably get better. Whatever happened to our 1C? is what I wonder about. I'm sure Richards heart is in the right place but he's clearly regressing as a player.

When 2 key players you count on for much of your offense--Richards, Gaborik fall down--well?--combine that with very little 3rd and 4th line scoring. Pretty much the same group could show up next year and who knows play much better--not that I'm suggesting we find out. Zuccarello might help a bit this year but I don't think he's a big part of the answer. In the past he's averaged out to about a 40 point player over the course of a season. He is not going to light this league up and his size is a detriment in other areas--he'll never pk or do any of the real grunt work. I have a lot more hopes for Fasth and Lindberg than for MZA. The other thing is I think this team is s-o-f-t. That needs to be addressed. Last year's team was not. Last year's team was much more pro-active than re-active. Players play with more confidence when they know someone has their backs.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:28 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
this!!

I dont understand why Palmieri hasnt been given a chance yet... the guy has size and has a hell of a shot..with this piss poor season i guess he prob wont have a shot to make the team until next year.. but the guys played with kovy and played very well..should be given a look..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
this!!

I dont understand why Palmieri hasnt been given a chance yet... the guy has size and has a hell of a shot..with this piss poor season i guess he prob wont have a shot to make the team until next year.. but the guys played with kovy and played very well..should be given a look..
He hasn't done anything in HFD to warrant a callup.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:07 AM
MrHockey80

this guy does an accurate job rateing our players every year good read on palm

http://thedevilsden30.wordpress.com/...nick-palmieri/

unreal he hasnt had a look with the way NYR are playing

MrHockey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:10 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
It was pretty simple, Rangers were not winning board battles the entire game. Everyone was getting knocked off the puck.

The only good thing I saw in that game was that our D was more composed on our breakouts. Much more deliberate than before. We were also challenging the points more effectively and not getting hemmed in our end.

Still MacLean is 10X the coach Torts is...
hes outcoached eveyrone this year, by winning the way he's winning.. young teams are dangerous bc they buy into coaches...

richards and gabs need to get this team going, its not acceptable they arent pulling their weight like Nash who has met expectations, and hags and step who have exceed them.. plus our d is atrocious with Staal out.. i think he makes this team 100X better.. we need him back ASAP bc Ham and Stral SUCK!!!! We were playing the best of the season (which isnt to say much) right before staal got hurt.. get him back.. light firecrackers under richards and gabs but at this point doesnt seem like they will get going.. but wed be up with the best of them if all 3 components came back.. firing on all cylinders..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:

Sooooo....

He did play after all....

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote