HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 10:05 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Why do you not look up the stats then?

It takes five minutes, behindthenet.ca has most of the stats used here, NHL.com is good too.

There is nothing wtonh with sheltering Malkin, Krecji, or Sedin as they reward their teams with very high offensive production. Sheltering them is a high yield investment.
DD is also quite cheaper, and thus cannot be expected to put results similar to those players.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
DD is also quite cheaper, and thus cannot be expected to put results similar to those players.
What would you rather have:

A 4 million dollar player who plays like a 4 million dollar player or an 8 million dollar player who plays like an 8 million dollar player?

Old
03-28-2013, 10:48 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

A 4 million dollar player who plays like a 4 million dollar player or an 8 million dollar player who plays like an 8 million dollar player?
Well that depends.. what are we doing with the other 4 million? Is that used on a 4 million dollar player who plays like a 4 million dollar player as well? Because if that's the option, I'll gladly take the two $4M players over one $8M player.

And right now, DD isn't even a $1M player.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Good Lord he's our 1st line center? BWAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I'm not suggesting that he is not a serviceable center in the NHL... but the #1? Sounds good to me, after reminding myself of why I have uclers, and a mild case of paranoia, since falling in love with this franchise. Oh well, been 30+ years so far, and modern medicine has been able to keep me alive to this point. In any case, I imagine that the physicians/researchers will alllow me to witness the abject horror of what will be next.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:36 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Well that's a flat out lie.

One search and people were interested. Some offered deals. Other said he's not proven enough yet to move much.

Pretty much every team in the league would take him for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

Holy wow, do you ever go out of you way to hate on him.
Who are you calling a liar???

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1336155&page=2

Read and then tell me where I'm lying. Only proposition of a second round came from a habs fan. Best offer was b level prospect and fifth round pick.

Enough with you

Old
03-29-2013, 02:51 AM
Galchyfan

Dafack with the Davey bashing? o_o
That guy have already 102 points in 163 games.He was always a + player in all the leagues he played.Was +10 last year with a team who were last in the east.Davey is a good 2nd line player.And at 3.5 M.He is cheap.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:38 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Who are you calling a liar???

Read and then tell me where I'm lying. Only proposition of a second round came from a habs fan. Best offer was b level prospect and fifth round pick.

Enough with you
Always like this with small players.

Daniel Brière was first traded along with 3 other players for Doug Bodger. Then he was traded again for Chris Gratton.

Ray Whitney has been traded for Kevyn Adams and a 4th round pick.

Cliff Ronning has been traded 4 times, always for marginal players.

Steve Sullivan was traded for 2 2nd round picks.

And we all know the story of Martin St-Louis.

As always, these players are more valuable to their team than on the trade market.

Knowing that, and since you agree he has low value on the trade market, why exactly do some Habs fan insist that he HAS TO be traded ASAP, even if it's for a weak return? Please explain why!!

In the thread that you link, Overlord said he would accept to trade DD for Jason Demers. A number 2 center VS a number 7 defenseman who's not good enough to make the team anymore. Really? How in the world does that make any sense??

EDIT : Actually, I just read the thread you linked again. Looks like 98% of the posters are Habs fans arguing about DD's value. So you didn't get any real reply to your question from fans of other teams.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 03-29-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old
03-29-2013, 07:45 AM
MXD

Quote:

I'd rather have an 8million player who plays like an 8 million dollar player.

But there is only two 8 million dollar players, and we never had a shot at them.

So, I have to realistically prefer the 800K player who plays like a 3.5M player. (...erratum -- with the skillset of a 3.5M player)

Old
03-29-2013, 08:06 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Well that depends.. what are we doing with the other 4 million? Is that used on a 4 million dollar player who plays like a 4 million dollar player as well? Because if that's the option, I'll gladly take the two $4M players over one $8M player.

good one sir

Old
03-29-2013, 08:12 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:

not a chance

an 8 mil malkin isnt worth 2 4 mil players

cause now these retarded teams are paying david jones and komi types 4 mil

Old
03-29-2013, 08:22 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Always like this with small players.

Daniel Brière was first traded along with 3 other players for Doug Bodger. Then he was traded again for Chris Gratton.

Ray Whitney has been traded for Kevyn Adams and a 4th round pick.

Cliff Ronning has been traded 4 times, always for marginal players.

Steve Sullivan was traded for 2 2nd round picks.

And we all know the story of Martin St-Louis.

As always, these players are more valuable to their team than on the trade market.

Knowing that, and since you agree he has low value on the trade market, why exactly do some Habs fan insist that he HAS TO be traded ASAP, even if it's for a weak return? Please explain why!!

In the thread that you link, Overlord said he would accept to trade DD for Jason Demers. A number 2 center VS a number 7 defenseman who's not good enough to make the team anymore. Really? How in the world does that make any sense??

EDIT : Actually, I just read the thread you linked again. Looks like 98% of the posters are Habs fans arguing about DD's value. So you didn't get any real reply to your question from fans of other teams.
right now DD couldnt carry those names jock straps for what they have been or in St. Loius`s case is now .

those were solid small players , better all round players, tougher SOB`S especailly Briere among the best in the playioffs in the last 7 years

lets face the facts it looks like we have fked up signing him too early , when really there was no need at all , as an RFA he had no leverage and no one would of given him a stupid offer with a compensation of a first round pick

this isnt Oreilly , one of he best 2 way young up and commers in the game at 22 , he was worth the shot for Calgary

this was a deal to simply appease the media and parts of the fanbase , no doubt in my mind

Old
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
right now DD couldnt carry those names jock straps for what they have been or in St. Loius`s case is now .

those were solid small players , better all round players, tougher SOB`S especailly Briere among the best in the playioffs in the last 7 years

lets face the facts it looks like we have fked up signing him too early , when really there was no need at all , as an RFA he had no leverage and no one would of given him a stupid offer with a compensation of a first round pick

this isnt Oreilly , one of he best 2 way young up and commers in the game at 22 , he was worth the shot for Calgary

this was a deal to simply appease the media and parts of the fanbase , no doubt in my mind
Yes I think you need to start making the distinction between a "fact" and "what's on your mind".

Old
03-29-2013, 08:32 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
I'd rather have an 8million player who plays like an 8 million dollar player.

But there is only two 8 million dollar players, and we never had a shot at them.

So, I have to realistically prefer the 800K player who plays like a 3.5M player. (...erratum -- with the skillset of a 3.5M player)
exactly , good example is Diaz , and I am not a fan of him by any means

but he can play in this league , he gave us good value on the cheap for a few years

but if some team can get him as a UFA for about 2.5 ( we dont need him with Markov , Pk and Beaileu up and coming ) but better pay fair money than give some UFA the typical 4-5 mil for having , " a heartbeat " and then regretting it a year later

Old
03-29-2013, 08:41 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Yes I think you need to start making the distinction between a "fact" and "what's on your mind".
so your telling me this signing had NOTHING to do with that point at all ?

so expalin what the rush was at this time when we all know what he is

a small one dimensional , sheltered , weak defender , who wouldnt fit on most teams in this league , who has played poorly this year given his role and ice time

with my number one Galchy a year away to take over , a solid 2 in pleks and a 2 way Eller for number # 3 spot

what was the rush ? lets see here , was this Perry and Getzalf headed to UFA and your scared cause you cant repalce them ?

was this a Ryan Oreily up and commer and u knew at some point an offer sheet was coming ?

Old
03-29-2013, 08:44 AM
MXD

Quote:
so your telling me this signing had NOTHING to do with that point at all ?

so expalin what the rush was at this time when we all know what he is

a small one dimensional , sheltered , weak defender , who wouldnt fit on most teams in this league , who has played poorly this year given his role and ice time

with my number one Galchy a year away to take over , a solid 2 in pleks and a 2 way Eller for number # 3 spot

what was the rush ? lets see here , was this Perry and Getzalf headed to UFA and your scared cause you cant repalce them ?

was this a Ryan Oreily up and commer and u knew at some point an offer sheet was coming ?
See the post you quoted for what needs to be said about bolded parts.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:55 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
See the post you quoted for what needs to be said about bolded parts.
1) list the teams right now where he would play #1 center minutes and get the first wave of pp time

2) we waited 20 years to land a franchise type center , Galchy has arrived earlier than I thought , with his elite vision , skill set and a full offseason to fully recover from his knee injury ,and get bigger and stronger , how worse can he be
ALONG SIDE GALLAHGER AND MAX than what DD brings to the table
are you kidding me ?

what did we draft him for , to play 12 minutes on third line next year

Old
03-29-2013, 09:20 AM
MXD

Quote:
1) list the teams right now where he would play #1 center minutes and get the first wave of pp time

2) we waited 20 years to land a franchise type center , Galchy has arrived earlier than I thought , with his elite vision , skill set and a full offseason to fully recover from his knee injury ,and get bigger and stronger , how worse can he be
ALONG SIDE GALLAHGER AND MAX than what DD brings to the table
are you kidding me ?

what did we draft him for , to play 12 minutes on third line next year
1) None, and that includes Montreal.
2) At this point, Galchenyuk isn't a franchise center, and nothing says he'll be one next season. He could hardly do worse than what DD does NOW, but the keyword here is NOW, as DD is clearly having his worst season since he's a regular.

Besides, it's not like Max Pacioretty is playing really well either.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:

Instead of saying there wasn't any real replies, why don't you just say there weren't any real offers?

I don't think he deserved that contract. I think we should have traded him for a fourth line role player before his contract was up. Why does Montreal always end up with all of the small guys? He , unlike MSL, has no versatility. He is only on the ice for getting points but he has nothing else to fall back on while he's on a cold streak.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

PLEASE use the multi-quote feature when replying.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

I tried bumping this thread.

No replies again. Actually, no offers for him again.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:10 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
2) At this point, Galchenyuk isn't a franchise center, and nothing says he'll be one next season. He could hardly do worse than what DD does NOW, but the keyword here is NOW, as DD is clearly having his worst season since he's a regular.

agreed , but Galchy next year will be better and closer to our #1

he doesnt need 4 years to get there , but the point is he cant be worse than DD next season given his role and top minutes

so what was this rush to sign him to a 4 year deal right now ?

Old
03-29-2013, 12:36 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:

So lets do this

for the rest of the season DD plays with Eller and Armstrong , no pp time and 12 minutes a game

and Galchy plays with Gallagher and Max and lets see how they both do

i would be shocked if Galchy didnt do more than DD

Old
03-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
I tried bumping this thread.

No replies again. Actually, no offers for him again.
Players who are 5'8'' and under will rarely get respect trade value wise. It's highly doubtful a team will search out Desharnais for a trade to be their #2 center at this point. Historically, super undersized players don't return good value.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
agreed , but Galchy next year will be better and closer to our #1

he doesnt need 4 years to get there , but the point is he cant be worse than DD next season given his role and top minutes

so what was this rush to sign him to a 4 year deal right now ?
You honestly think Bergevin signed DD now to please the media? What a joke and load of ********.

If that was his goal, the habs would have had more than 2 Quebecois players coming into the season. Gabriel Dumont would be playing all the time if that was the case! Darche would be resigned! Clearly Bergy believes DD helps this club, and he thinks he will in the future. It's as simple as that!

Personally I don't like the length of the contract because I think Gally can take over in 2 years (probably not next year), and I find it hard to understand, but I guess Bergevin wants to keep the depth that makes this team successful.

Can't believe some people still stoop to the lowest common denominator when talking about french canadian players resigning. What an embarrassment.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:15 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Players who are 5'8'' and under will rarely get respect trade value wise. It's highly doubtful a team will search out Desharnais for a trade to be their #2 center at this point. Historically, super undersized players don't return good value.
The point that I am trying to make here is that there is a reason why small players don't get good trade value. Every other team in the league doesn't care for small skilled, players, but somehow we always manage to get the small guys who aren't physical.

Now lets put this into perspective. What do you think would happen if Bergevin put Gallagher on the trade market? We would get offers! Not just a draft pick, maybe even a second line roster player. Why, because he's physical and brings more to the table than Desharnais.

Closed Thread