HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Eberle and RNH

Old
03-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I know he had the hand injury. I was just saying, and so is Eberle, that the hand is feeling better. Obviously with how well he fired that shootout puck he didn't look limited at all.

But the hand injury doesn't excuse some of his tentative play as much. Or that he seems perennially uncommitted to playing an allround game.
Ah sorry about that, I misunderstood then.

I'm hoping that we will see an improved finishing level from Eberle, with the improvement in his hand.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Ah sorry about that, I misunderstood then.

I'm hoping that we will see an improved finishing level from Eberle, with the improvement in his hand.
No worries.

He's a good offensive player, he'll come around and actually offensively his results haven't been all that bad given that RNH has been stone cold. Its more that Eberle tends to not focus on NZ and own zone as much is my concern. I hope he's not the type of player that thinks he's beyond that. Unfortunately part of his longterm history is having questionable habits away from the offensive end.

I'd be disappointed if he doesn't want to be a much more complete player.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Eberle's never been a great all-around player but he was never immune to the slot area until he got obliterated in that LA game earlier in the season. It's a mental thing with him right now. He's playing scared and he had better find a way to get over it between now and next season.
Yeah, I said earlier its always a surpise how hard NHL players can belt you when you get into the wrong situation. Eberles game is susceptible to that as well so I'm sure it had an impact. There was some hits on Paajarvi as well towards the end of his rookie year that I think impacted how he played the game.

But yeah, you gotta get over that stuff if you want to be a consistent factor. I think Eberle is possessed of too much drive not to.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:38 AM
rb4u

Hi all. New to the board. Grew up watching the Oilers but now stuck in Lotusland. Been reading through this thread with interest. What do you guys think of a Eberle for Edler trade? Maybe a 2nd rounder coming back our way to balance things out? That will solve our needs for a young but experienced 2 way Dman not to mention get Eberle's $6 million cap hit off our books? Thoughts?

rb4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM
doulos

I think you and most Oiler fans see very different value in Eberle/Edler.

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Koto

edlers having a rough go, i'd trade eberle for someone a big younger

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Conkanen*

Were any of us having these "trade Eberle" convos last year? Seriously it's embarrassing to read these trade scenarios. He's on a prorated pace to score 60 pts with a broken finger. He was 1 of 21 players to score over 70 pts last season. We finally have a guy who score pts by himself or as part of scoring line and guys here wanna trade him for an elite fictional #1 dman that doesn't exist (i.e. Not available). And Edler? Jezzuz Mary and Joseph.

Conkanen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:03 AM
rb4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
edlers having a rough go, i'd trade eberle for someone a big younger
Anyone in mind?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:08 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conkanen View Post
Were any of us having these "trade Eberle" convos last year? Seriously it's embarrassing to read these trade scenarios. He's on a prorated pace to score 60 pts with a broken finger. He was 1 of 21 players to score over 70 pts last season. We finally have a guy who score pts by himself or as part of scoring line and guys here wanna trade him for an elite fictional #1 dman that doesn't exist (i.e. Not available). And Edler? Jezzuz Mary and Joseph.
Many people have believed all along that we wouldn't win anything with Hall, Gagner, Hemsky, Eberle, Nuge, and Yak.

I figured we could long term keep one of Hemsky and Gagner, and likely 2-3 f the big 4 longer term.

Based on return for and actually production I thought trading Eberle for a young #1 Defencemen if possibe was the smart thing. I would have tried parlaying our last #1 pick into that defencman based on chemistry of the other guys as another option.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
RogueJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4u View Post
Anyone in mind?
Victor Hedman or Adam Larsson

RogueJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Conkanen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi View Post
So give up Eberle for Larsson? Many scouts had Klefbom rated higher than Larsson. Trading any of the kids now is premature until we see how the upcoming D prospects shake out at least. Our current core has an avg age of 20 and we are already talking about trading them...and maybe our best one at that.

Conkanen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
rb4u

Quote:
Those are good choices, but those are also teams which don't have a whole lot of depth in the back end and so it would reason that trading away their franchise DMan wouldn't make much sense. Any other teams out there with a glut of top tiered 2 way Dmens?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:21 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

There isn't anyone on the Canucks I would want if we dealt Eberle to them. Because when Eberle turns into a 40/40 guy, nobody on Vancouver is worth having to watch Eberle fire pucks into our net when we play the Canucks.

Y'all delusional.

McRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:28 AM
rb4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
There isn't anyone on the Canucks I would want if we dealt Eberle to them. Because when Eberle turns into a 40/40 guy, nobody on Vancouver is worth having to watch Eberle fire pucks into our net when we play the Canucks.

Y'all delusional.
Edler + Schneider + Canucks 1st in 2013 for Eberle?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:34 AM
rb4u

Quote:
So give up Eberle for Larsson? Many scouts had Klefbom rated higher than Larsson. Trading any of the kids now is premature until we see how the upcoming D prospects shake out at least. Our current core has an avg age of 20 and we are already talking about trading them...and maybe our best one at that.
True. But the reality is that it would take 4-5 years for most DMan to mature and gain sufficient experience. And with not many game changing UFA DMan on the horizon, are we satisfied with missing the playoffs year after year? At what point do we start leveraging some of our youth for immediate help? What is the point of having 8-9 Top 6 forward (3 skilled top line centre man), while waiting for our young back end to mature (and risk losing some of our young forwards to UFA or the salary cap)?

Last edited by rb4u: 03-29-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Koto

Quote:
we didnt have 3 top-6 RW.

Quote:
Doubt you could get Hedman.

My list is: Larson, Kulikov, Bogosian, McDonaugh.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote