HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Bouw has a 6.7 mill cap hit. That is pretty steep. I'd rather Giordano.
me too...big time

Old
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
Me too. He wouldn't come cheap though. I'd have no problem giving good value for him but wouldn't want to overpay. Back off if the bidding war got too much. The package I would be willing to give up is two prospects and one of our 2nd's. Our prospect depth are at RW and defense. The only prospect I would not give up is Tinordi. I wouldn't want to part with Beaulieu either, but would listen. Wouldn't give up much more than him though. Prefer one of Thrower, Ellis, Dietz, etc. But you have to give quality to get it, so I don't know.
It's Feaster remember

Jbo would be a great addition. He can take some time off Markov and Subban so they are fresh when playoff time hits. He's a minute eater and with him we have a really good top 4

Jbo-Markov
Subban-Gorges

Old
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
LucaGTI

Quote:
Me too. He wouldn't come cheap though. I'd have no problem giving good value for him but wouldn't want to overpay. Back off if the bidding war got too much. The package I would be willing to give up is two prospects and one of our 2nd's. Our prospect depth are at RW and defense. The only prospect I would not give up is Tinordi. I wouldn't want to part with Beaulieu either, but would listen. Wouldn't give up much more than him though. Prefer one of Thrower, Ellis, Dietz, etc. But you have to give quality to get it, so I don't know.
Hey with Feaster you never know ! but ya i'd probably be ok with a few 2nds and a prospect. id be ok with Beaulieu to be honest. like you said, you have to give quality to get it. hopefully if theres a chance, Feaster will have a brain cramp again and take a bag of pucks

Old
03-29-2013, 09:58 AM
The Nightman

How about somebody like Jason Chimera he is big, fast, defensively reliable and also can chip in and score goals(20 goals last season).

He isn't as mean as Clowe but he has a good cap hit(1.7m) and is signed for another season, not to mention he would be less expensive. I don't know if he is available but if he is it something to look into.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:08 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I'd definitely give up good assets for Giordano. Heck of a player.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
It's Feaster remember

Jbo would be a great addition. He can take some time off Markov and Subban so they are fresh when playoff time hits. He's a minute eater and with him we have a really good top 4

Jbo-Markov
Subban-Gorges
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaGTI View Post
Hey with Feaster you never know ! but ya i'd probably be ok with a few 2nds and a prospect. id be ok with Beaulieu to be honest. like you said, you have to give quality to get it. hopefully if theres a chance, Feaster will have a brain cramp again and take a bag of pucks
Hahaha! Never count out Feaster I guess. I just hope the Habs are making a push for him. I believe defense is our weak point this season and he would definitely strengthen that. Could come as a vote of confidence to the team as well; management showing that they believe in their chances this year.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

Quote:
It's Feaster remember

Jbo-Markov
Subban-Gorges
Bouwmeester in Mtl would be a disaster waiting to happen. His compete level and character have always been question marks. This market would eat him alive. Not a MB/MT player IMO.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I still think that the Habs' most pressing need is a big body who can keep up, play at least 10 minutes a night and chip in once in a while, someone to help out Prust...

Old
03-29-2013, 10:12 AM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
They have shown us over and over again, the little engine that could. I would give the young guys a shot and not replace them or cut their ice time for some rental plug that did not fight to get them where they are right now. Let Eller,Gallagher, Galchenyuk keep doing what they are doing, heck I have no problem with Tinordi staying either.

There is no guarantees in the playoffs and things can go wrong, all the moves Pittsburgh has made can win them a cup but they can also go out in the first round(I would love that). Considering the fact that we were so low last year and have made such progress, I would leave them alone. The guys in that room clearly believe in each other and are getting stronger. To lose Bourque,Diaz and Prust and still keep rolling is a very positive sign. I said before that we need a big defenseman but now i'm not so sure. I say for this year to keep going, then buy out Gionta in the summer, I expect Kaberle to either go at the deadline or retire and then we can go for it next year with a couple additions in the summer.
your kidding right? I hope you are

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 03-29-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old
03-29-2013, 10:14 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I still think that the Habs' most pressing need is a big body who can keep up, play at least 10 minutes a night and chip in once in a while, someone to help out Prust...
I believe they need to strengthen the backend, but also think you list a need as well. I would like to see Boll take Armstrong's place as the 4th line RW. If the Blue Jackets don't make any more ground in the standings over the next couple of days, he is who I would pursue. Also has one year left on his deal, so replaces Armstrong next year as well. Though I don't know if MT would take Armstrong out.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I believe they need to strengthen the backend, but also think you list a need as well. I would like to see Boll take Armstrong's place as the 4th line RW. If the Blue Jackets don't make any more ground in the standings over the next couple of days, he is who I would pursue. Also has one year left on his deal, so replaces Armstrong next year as well. Though I don't know if MT would take Armstrong out.
In retrospect, Bergevin worked his magic when he traded Erik Cole for Ryder, ridding himself of the salary for next year. At this point, I've pretty much given up on Travis Moen, who I've like since his days in Anaheim. Hoping Bergevin can pull the same kind of magic as for now, I'd rather have Armstrong in the line-up than Travis.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:26 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
In retrospect, Bergevin worked his magic when he traded Erik Cole for Ryder, ridding himself of the salary for next year. At this point, I've pretty much given up on Travis Moen, who I've like since his days in Anaheim. Hoping Bergevin can pull the same kind of magic as for now, I'd rather have Armstrong in the line-up than Travis.
I think many people have been unhappy with Moen this year. I find he is not playing like the player he was in the past. But he can play a good defensive game, and help out on the PK. I hope he will step up in the playoffs. I think he can help us out more than Armstrong.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
I give to you Raffi Torres. Not the most pressing need tho. Our most pressing need (and by far) is a D that can play top 4 minutes.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:33 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

I would trade the crap out of Gionta and Kaberle this offseason. I think if we showcase Kabs a bit maybe some offensively poor teams would pick him up. Gionta has got to go after this season, the guy brings so little to the table. I'd much rather keep Ryder over him, at least Ryder has a shot.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
your kidding right? I hope you are
Of all the post you chose to higlight that? I would buy out/trade Gionta today if I could and so would many more people here. He does not fit into the current team and is taking pp time away from guys with much more talent. You must be a fan of his shot?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I would trade the crap out of Gionta and Kaberle this offseason. I think if we showcase Kabs a bit maybe some offensively poor teams would pick him up. Gionta has got to go after this season, the guy brings so little to the table. I'd much rather keep Ryder over him, at least Ryder has a shot.
That really boggles my mind...

Old
03-29-2013, 10:45 AM
couris

Quote:
Ryder is better than Ginta.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Agreed. Gio has just lost his step. I can't remember the last time he barrelled down the wing a took his big shot. He's just around now and doesn't drive the net as much as he used to.

With the rise of other leaders in the room, I don't think we'd miss Gio at this point.

Between he and Kabs and possibly Ryder, that's over $12 M to fill 2 spots at forward or forward and defence.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:57 AM
BJG

Is there a GM alive (no Feaster jokes please) who needs a PMD and would consider taking Kaberle off our hands?

Or, given that Diaz may not be back in time for the POs and we are going to buy him out at the end of the year, do we hold onto him for the PP?

Old
03-29-2013, 11:00 AM
otto bond

JBow has never played a single game in the PO. For a player playing around 30 minutes a game, can say that it's a good quality. That about 600+ games with no PO.
If I'm not mistaking, the only PO experience he has was in the AHL, not even in the JR
For that reason, it make me think he's no winner.....maybe I'm wrong but since Florida made the PO after he left and Calgary hasn't since his arrival make me believe.
Is it just bad luck? Did he win a medal in the WJC?
Don't want the player.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:01 AM
25get

Quote:
It's Feaster remember

Jbo-Markov
Subban-Gorges
Feaster did a deal on the Iginla trade after 16 years and with NMC.
This is almost like the Raymond Bourque trade.

Would not expect the same for Jaybo with another year to go.
Also Jay puts us at 64,1M with 21 players...
Markov-Gorges
Jaybo-Subban
Bouillon/Tinordi-Emelin/Weber/Diaz
Boumeester is LD. This is why Giordano (RD) made a lot of sense...
Markov-Giordano
Subban-Gorges
Bouillon/Emelin-Weber/Diaz
Also with Subban at 30 minutes and Markov at 25 minutes, adding JayBo at 25 minutes would leave 13 minutes avg for the bottom-3...

Old
03-29-2013, 11:15 AM
The Doors

Bouwmeester would make me comfortable with this team against anyone. Three top pairing defenceman on one team would be fantastic. The cap hit doesn't matter, it expires on the same timeline as Subban and Markov's deals and you go from there. It also bridges the gap perfectly to give time for the two top prospects in Hamilton to continue to learn the game on D.

I would be okay with the Habs to send their first (which will hardly be different than CGY's 2nd, only a few places, but has the novelty of "being a first") and a decent prospect for J-Bo, someone like Kristo or Leblanc who will be stuck behind the logjam of good young forwards some already playing in the top nine and others in the organization. Doubt it happens though.

The cheaper option is Klesla which would also be a great pickup, maybe making more sense because cheaper in both cap hit and price to pick him up, and more of a physical stay at home guy.

If Bourque can't go in the playoffs, forget Clowe the asking price is way out of proportion to the quality of player... give CBJ a mid round pick for Prospal. He has size, can still play, lots of experience, and can make plays from fellow Czech Plekanec's LW and then you have a sniper in Ryder/Gio on the RW. That's a 3pm on Deadline Day kind of deal, for added insurance and depth at a low cost and only if Bourque's in question.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:17 AM
LucaGTI

just got word from a very unreliable source

f Holmgren agrees to deal with Habs look for Bergevin to push extremely hard for at least 1 of Talbot, Hartnell, or Simmonds

now..im just putting this here to get peoples opinions on the matter. again, this is definitely not a reliable source lol

Old
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
He's clearly not getting traded this season. But he's also clearly a relic of the Gainey's delirious feverish spending spree and if Bergevjn wants to turn the page he's gotta turn the page. Overpaid, underproducing, under-talented, under-sized and recently it looks like his effort levels are dropping too. I was never a fan and I don't think he belongs on Therrien's Habs.

Our forechecking literally falls apart with Gionta in tow, he's brutal on the PP and he needs a bodyguard at all times because he can't hold his own against anyone in the league. I'd never say this about the honey badger, Gallagher who js equally small, but Gionta is a mercenary who was given a million too much and a year too many and is a foot too short.

Heck I think Cole seemed like more of a true Hab in his 1.5 year stint than Gio has this entire time.

Trade him this offseason and retool for a legitimate scoring winger. I'm sick of "shoots, and it's high and wide"

Old
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
The Doors

Quote:
He's clearly not getting traded tho season. But he's also clearly a relic of the Gainey's delirious feverish spending spree and if Bergevjn wants to turn the page he's gotta turn the page. Overpaid, underproducing, under-talented, under-sized and recently it looks like his effort levels are dropping too. I was never a fan and I don't think he belongs on Therrien's Habs.

Our forechecking literally falls apart with Gionta in tow, he's brutal on the PP and he needs a bodyguard at all times because he can't hold his own against anyone in the league. I'd never say this about the honey badger, Gallagher who js equally small, but Gionta is a mercenary who was given a million too much and a year too many and is a foot too short.

Heck I think Cole seemed like more of a true Hab in his 1.5 year stint than Gio has this entire time.

Trade him this offseason and retool for a legitimate scoring winger. I'm sick of "shoots, and it's high and wide"
Gallagher will eventually replace Gionta, but in the meantime Plekanec-Gionta is a great skating veteran duo especially in the playoffs against another team's top line. He'll work his ass off and score 20-25 which is fine. The only problem is Gallagher emerging so early means they have a lot of the same size player, eventually that change but Gionta has been a very respectable member of the Habs, MB show respect to him for that, at least I hope so, this is Montreal not some joke organization.

Closed Thread