HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500

Old
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I've watched him play 20 times or so and I'm on the fence about him. If we are drafting 25th or so it almost becomes an automatic pick (he'll probably go higher) if he's available but there are other players I'd rather have.

I think Doan would be a comparable player and one if I remember correctly, MB wanted him as a Hab.
I don't think Doan has the same speed and hockey IQ. But yeah.. Aside from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Even that might be optimistic when you look at the Habs depth chart
Okay we get it you all think Louis Lebust busted because he's having an injury filled year.
And you all think he cannot handle top 9 minutes when he did last year for 30ish games. MAKES SENSE

Old
03-28-2013, 06:46 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
LeBlanc was the whipping boy this year and his ankle injury hasn;t helped his cause wait until he lines up with Kristo again,Omaha Lancers?Saddle up Boys.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I don't think Doan has the same speed and hockey IQ. But yeah.. Aside from that.
Doan was faster when he was with Jets, we'll see how fast Lazar is when he becomes 35+. Heck, even Selanne was faster when he was a Jet.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Doan was faster when he was with Jets, we'll see how fast Lazar is when he becomes 35+. Heck, even Selanne was faster when he was a Jet.
You're right, I was referring to the Doan we see now. But year pretty much the same.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:47 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Man that kid is big, can skate and is sickly talented. I'm starting to think he could be another Malkin. He'll play in Russia for another 2 years, like Malkin did then come over - hopefully. I wonder who will draft him?

Old
03-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Man that kid is big, can skate and is sickly talented. I'm starting to think he could be another Malkin. He'll play in Russia for another 2 years, like Malkin did then come over - hopefully. I wonder who will draft him?
I don't think he could be Malkin. He's more like a Andrei Kostitsyn on steroids.

(From the very few I have seen atleast.)

Old
03-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
He is more of a Pacioretty (fast skater that use his size and speed) than a malkin that can literally do anything on the ice with sick hands and vision. Not the best comparison IMO their only comparable are their nationality and contract situation.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
You're right, I was referring to the Doan we see now. But year pretty much the same.
I guess I was thinking that Lazar would have similar type of career to Doan and if that comes to pass, Lazar will be a successful pick.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
I get the feeling you havent watched the kid.

Hockey IQ is elite for starters.
Compete level is off the charts.
He's an outstanding leader(AT 18)
And yes offensively and Defensively he does it all right. He's a jack of all trades kind of guy. I don't think it's bad at all.

What type of player are you looking at ? A very lite version of Crosby(Again not skillwise but the way they play.)

Isnt that enough? He's 6' 190 at 18 years. He has room to grow. (Keep in mind that a guy like Prust isnt all that much bigger.)
You also forgot to mention that he is right handed center and we have no depth at all at that specific position. Like I said previously I would be very aggressive come draft day to make sure to get him via a trade up.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
I would like the Habs to draft Kujawinski in the second and Moutrey in the 3rd. Big and skilled forwards.
You also enjoy underachievers ?

Old
03-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If Lazar's upside is 2nd line winger or #3 center I prefer gambling on a higher upside in a draft as deep as this.
I differ with your opinion on that specific point. I prefer to hit than miss. I think Lazar when it's all said and done will become a heart and soul type of player. I also think he has tons of untapped potential since he is not playing on the 1st line unlike other top prospects. I would be ecstatic if we could get him.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:17 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I differ with your opinion on that specific point. I prefer to hit than miss. I think Lazar when it's all said and done will become a heart and soul type of player. I also think he has tons of untapped potential since he is not playing on the 1st line unlike other top prospects. I would be ecstatic if we could get him.
The Habs haven't really got any chance of drafting Curtis Lazar unless they are picking between 15-20 IMO.I too would be ecstatic if the Habs draft him.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:28 AM
MaxLacoste

A guy I'm really high on is Max Domi. Look like the kind of player MB is looking for. Small but talented and strong. Him and Petan are my choice for a late first rounder (even if I know that Domi will probably gone by our pick).

Old
03-29-2013, 07:36 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
A guy I'm really high on is Max Domi. Look like the kind of player MB is looking for. Small but talented and strong. Him and Petan are my choice for a late first rounder (even if I know that Domi will probably gone by our pick).
Any of the three counting Lazar are great picks and I see them having good careers in the NHL.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Fozz

Quote:
I agree on Lazar. The intangibles make him a very attractive pick. Also, he's a very solid skater and has a deadly NHL caliber shot. Folks seem to be underwhelmed by his stats but that totally unfair... If he didn't play such a complete, 3-zone game, he could have much more impressive totals. He'll score 50+ easily next year.

Quote:
Yeah, I like those 2 as well. So many options this year, it's almost ridiculous. To think that some of these guys might fall to the 2nd round is tantalizing, to say the least.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:14 AM
zaluty

Quote:
You also enjoy underachievers ?
Moutrey went from 9 points to 43 classic underachiever! Kujawinski yes had a down year but is still a big body power forward who if still availalbe near the end of the second round would be a fine pick

Old
03-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Nitehowl

Shea Theodore - D -

Best defenceman in the last two games? Seattle's Shea Theodore has really sparkled at both ends of the ice. Extremely quiet in games one and two, the draft eligible 18 year-old has really elevated his play. When he's on, Theodore is one of the best in his age group.

A little writeup taken from a Kelowna blog ..Kelowna is playing Seattle in a first round series

Old
03-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
One thing most people here seem to agree with is a F with the 1st round pick

I also like the Domi/Petan ideas and would add Bailey/Horvat ... both a little bigger and more physical but if we could get 2 of the 4 with our first two picks I would be a happy camper.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:53 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
Moutrey went from 9 points to 43 classic underachiever! Kujawinski yes had a down year but is still a big body power forward who if still availalbe near the end of the second round would be a fine pick
Another Power Forward in the making at Denver,Quentin Shore playing wing in the tournament today and scoring to take the lead 2-1.Lots of upsets today and North Dakota is playing Yale for a berth in the Frozen Four tomorrow,can't wait.Shore is a helluva pick as was Joshua Didier and he's one tough motha.Laganiere will be playing against the Kristo led ND,it should be a great game and Antoine is another player the Habs should be trying to sign.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-29-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Anyone know if they said if this is going to be on TSN, or just the NHL-N, or are they going to be dumb and have the 1st round on TSN, then switch over ?

Old
03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Et le But

For all the hate Sorensen gets, he's having a fantastic playoffs, in fact is outplaying Erne.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
For all the hate Sorensen gets, he's having a fantastic playoffs, in fact is outplaying Erne.
All the games I've watched from him so far he was pretty much dominant. (15 Games I think.) Maybe one or two where he was kinda absent.

Love the kind of player he his, he reminds me of Patches a whole lot.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
One thing most people here seem to agree with is a F with the 1st round pick

I also like the Domi/Petan ideas and would add Bailey/Horvat ... both a little bigger and more physical but if we could get 2 of the 4 with our first two picks I would be a happy camper.
It doesn't have to be a forward. There will be a lot of defencemen available where we pick and a good chance he'll be the BPA and I wouldn't mind that. Can always trade assets.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Took me 1 shift to want Lazar even more.

Fast, tenacious, skilled, etc.

Closed Thread