Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
nosoup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
BLOWN CALL come on are you for real ? penalties are no excuse - do the crime do the time ! Sorry but game plan for PS worked and they came out on top because they outworked the other team , not because of the ref
I wasn't there so I didn't see it, More than one person related that a blown icing call directly led to the third goal and when one of the D men pointed this out (colorfully I'm sure) he was given a unsportsmanlike penalty.

It is what it is... You take the good officials with the bad and have to find a way to overcome.

You're sounding a bit over confident by the way, sort of like NE after game 1

Old
03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
lefthook

[QUOTE=nosoup;62362551]I wasn't there so I didn't see it, More than one person related that a blown icing call directly led to the third goal and when one of the D men pointed this out (colorfully I'm sure) he was given a unsportsmanlike penalty.

It is what it is... You take the good officials with the bad and have to find a way to overcome.

You're sounding a bit over confident by the way, sort of like NE after game

not over confident at all , just stating the facts - not sure why people need something to blame when they lose ? NE didnt wine when they lost ( and they shouldnt have lost )

Old
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
nosoup

[QUOTE=lefthook;62363485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoup View Post

not over confident at all , just stating the facts - not sure why people need something to blame when they lose ? NE didnt wine when they lost ( and they shouldnt have lost )
You're funny left hook, in one sentence you say that you don't know why people need something to blame when they lose, next sentence you say NE shouldn't have lost.

What are you blaming for NE's loss?

Hypocritical much?

Any ways enjoy your delusions.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
lefthook

[QUOTE=nosoup;62364963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook View Post

You're funny left hook, in one sentence you say that you don't know why people need something to blame when they lose, next sentence you say NE shouldn't have lost.

What are you blaming for NE's loss?

Hypocritical much?

Any ways enjoy your delusions.
I said NE didnt have any excuses ! didnt hear one from them ! they are a good team that lost ..plain and simple you guys blaming officials for SV losing is wrong , thats all enjoy

Old
03-25-2013, 01:13 PM
nosoup

[QUOTE=lefthook;62366139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoup View Post

I said NE didnt have any excuses ! didnt hear one from them ! they are a good team that lost ..plain and simple you guys blaming officials for SV losing is wrong , thats all enjoy
Um, no.

What you said was "NE didnt wine when they lost ( and they shouldnt have lost )"

Of course i'm not sure if you meant that they didn't have a bottle of merlot after they lost, that could be...

But you pretty clearly said they should not have lost.

There is a very fine line between winning and losing at this level it doesn't take much to swing the pendulum either way, these are both good teams and both deserve to be where they are.

Lets hope that the series is not unduly influenced by poor calls either way...

Old
03-25-2013, 01:15 PM
nah68

Not discrediting PS abilities to play the game. But icing and offside are the easiest calls to make, if a guy lets it rip before the red line, and the opposing defenseman makes a effort to play or intercept, no matter what it is icing! Ive never seen a icing waived of in the last min of a game when that happens.....why throughout the year is that call waived off......I'll answer that, "cause there lazy and it would mean skating and retreiving the puck" work sucks, just wish all officals would be on the same page.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
nosoup

Officials are human and make mistakes, i'm sure most of us have seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXf_2Ct54o

Old
03-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Hockeynoitall

Sask League 2012-2013

The League was very unpredictable this year. Any team could be beaten on any given day. Prairie Storm peaked at the right time. Pat Blues seemed to have everyones number all year. Yorkton had Prairie Storms number all year. Melville had Yorktons number all year and the list goes on. The stars have lined up for the Storm and now it is showing. The last game is always the hardest to win and if SV pulls of the next game to tie the series I give the edge to PS as they beat SV during the season.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Hockeynoitall

Notre Dame 2013-2014

Has anyone heard of players committing yet to Notre Dame besides Kustra, Petruik and Foster? Heard through the grapevine that three or four top end kids from Manitoba might be heading to ND next year.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Superbowlfishca

Officiating

Coaches - Fans put way too much emphasis on referees deciding the outcome of games. No matter the level it is always the players that ultimatly decide the games. The breaks even out. Com on an icing call deciding a game! The team ultimatly had to score and players should always be taught to paly until they hear the whistle.

As far a ND- Three MB kids i know of who are interested but not commited. Nick Henry out of Portage, Nicholas Doyle and Hayden Ostir out of WPG.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 PM
nosoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbowlfishca View Post
If anybody out there will be watching this series it would be nice to get some commentary.

Good luck to both teams.
As I mentioned previously I was not at this game, I was merely relating some observations that were passed on to me from a couple of people that were.

If that stressed any of you out, that was not the intent, and as I have no great need to post any commentary I will not do so.

Good luck to 2 deserving teams, play hard boys!

As an aside, why is there such a great reluctance to admit that officials have an impact on the results of not just hockey but all sports? Honost question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV8yZ-l0PNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgApbSCTNXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_wcouN8trk

You could go on for hours watching stuff like that including Brett Hulls stanley cup winning goal in 1999...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VWAtMxXVCs

Old
03-28-2013, 09:09 PM
nosoup

Quote:
Coaches - Com on an icing call deciding a game! .
I think if you were to look back at what I actually posted you would see that I did not say it "decided the game".

I said I could see why SV would be frustrated. It turned a good 2-1 game with 10 min left in the third into a 3-1 game, and limited an opportunity for a comeback.

At least quote me accurately please

Old
03-28-2013, 10:15 PM
nah68

[QUOTE=Superbowlfishca;62610677]Coaches - Fans put way too much emphasis on referees deciding the outcome of games. No matter the level it is always the players that ultimatly decide the games. The breaks even out. Com on an icing call deciding a game! The team ultimatly had to score and players should always be taught to paly until they hear the whistle.

You obviously have'nt had a bad call go against your team that cost you a series or a important game! EXAMPLE....tier 1 pewee in SMHA, tied 4 4 with 11 seconds left a blown call, and it was icing, was the cause of the winning goal. There was no comeback for the team that was scored on, and please explain to me and the team that it happened to how it is going to even out? The series ended, and kids were crushed. You make it sound like thats O.k.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Superbowlfishca

Give Me a Break!!

Maybe your team should have scored another goal. Maybe a missed pass or a fanned shot or a lazy forecheck or a hit post. If ands and buts where candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. People have to get past the blaim game mentality.

When I coach I teach my players that we all make mistakes. As- coaches- as players, as officials. I teach the kids and my own children that we have to rise above things that dont go right. Whiners are losers and will continue to be losers in sport and in life. In my experience the teams that forget about the officials are the teams that are the most successful.

Some of the best lessons in the world can be taught by crushing defeats. But to blaim an official or external force for a defeat to me sends the wrong message.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:34 PM
nosoup

Quote:
Maybe your team should have scored another goal. Maybe a missed pass or a fanned shot or a lazy forecheck or a hit post. If ands and buts where candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. People have to get past the blaim game mentality.

When I coach I teach my players that we all make mistakes. As- coaches- as players, as officials. I teach the kids and my own children that we have to rise above things that dont go right. Whiners are losers and will continue to be losers in sport and in life. In my experience the teams that forget about the officials are the teams that are the most successful.

Some of the best lessons in the world can be taught by crushing defeats. But to blaim an official or external force for a defeat to me sends the wrong message.

I don't see much point in debating with you if, in spite of all evidence and common sense your position remains that officials have no bearing on results.

love the " If ands and buts where candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas" comment by the way

I was working the clock in a game one time where I over heard an official telling another, what call he was going to make on which player prior to the game even starting, completely pre meditated.

Auger even did the same thing in the nhl telling Burrows "he was going to get him" prior to a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYcR03NfeBg

Last edited by nosoup: 03-29-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 04:02 PM
nosoup

Quote:
Whiners are losers and will continue to be losers in sport and in life.
This part of your post made me recall that Gretzky was considered a notorious whiner as was Crosby early in his career.

Doesn't really fit with your "Whiners are losers and will continue to be losers in sport and in life." meme does it?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?id=2726800

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col.../13836411.html
http://www2.canada.com/sports/hockey...tml?id=2993925

Old
03-30-2013, 10:11 PM
nosoup

Congratulations Prairie Storm on winning provincials, well done!

Old
03-31-2013, 03:53 AM
PokeCheck101

Wasn't even close from what I hear. No offence for SV this series.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:34 AM
PokeCheck101

Moving on to westerns... My picks

1. SSAC - Benson is a presence. Good top 6 frwd depth. Skinner takes up a lot of net and arguably leagues top tender.
2. NSWC - Hannoun fun to watch. Supporting cast will have to bring "A" game.
3. Winnipeg - Goaltending tandem may keep them in some games, some physical D
4. West Central - their few stars will be in very tough and will be non factor if they get outside their team game.
5. Prairie Storm - Legion is worth keeping an eye on. May be a flip flop between 4th and 5th depending on outcome of head to head against each other.

... Anyone see any differently?

Old
03-31-2013, 11:22 AM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCheck101 View Post
Wasn't even close from what I hear. No offence for SV this series.
Caught the second game. SV couldn't match Prairie's team speed. And no match for the skill of Legien. Even though the score was close through 2 periods and a bit, from a spectator level the game seemed to lack the drama one would expect from a final series.

Given how their program was plundered by Notre Dame though, Prairie Storm winning it all is something of a feel good story.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:12 AM
nah68

Any truth to the zone 6 sask first team playing the 99 husky team? And if they did how bad was the score?

Old
04-07-2013, 09:24 AM
coach kleats

Sask in Westerns

Is there any point in Sask participating in Westerns any more? It is clear we can't compete with the top teams in the other provinces so i don't see the point. Is there any benefit to it?

This isn't a call to change the Sask model to some sort of Bantam AAA system. I like how we have it set up right now especially with Stoon joining the SBAAHL next season.

Thoughts?

Old
04-07-2013, 09:59 AM
MBScout

As long as ND recuits hard and syphons off the top SK kids, SK club teams will have a hard time competing at this level. Perhaps ND should be allowed to compete for Bantam provincials and represent SK at Westerns if they win provincials. This year they could have competed at this level and perhaps won. After all, BWC and NSWC are allowed to compete.

Old
04-07-2013, 12:54 PM
AlbertaHockey20

As I type this, West Central is leading the Winnipeg Hawks 2-0 with 20 minutes remaining for the bronze medal.

NE Wolfpack also beat PAC Spruce Grove AAA at the Westerns last year.

Regardless of the results I think it is a fantastic experience for the kids from Saskatchewan. Just because it is extremely unlikely that they will ever win does not mean that there is no point in competing.

"Winning isn't everything, the will to win is".

If they don't try I believe they are learning the right thing. Right now West Central has the will to win. I think Saskatchewan shows well on a regular basis in that regard.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
mrbodangles

Aaa

What kids have committed to what midget AAA teams ??

Closed Thread