HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 10:53 PM
BoxOfChocolates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
OMG the Avs are so bad!!!! Anyways the Flames winning is still good for the tank...
Oh yeah! When we suck, we REALLY suck.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:46 AM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Oh yeah! When we suck, we REALLY suck.
Yes and that scares us. In terms of tanking the cats and Avs are in a class of their own

Old
03-28-2013, 05:47 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Great video:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...re-with-weiss/

lol at them mocking Club Red....

Old
03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
Great video:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...re-with-weiss/

lol at them mocking Club Red....
Quote: "Weiss has played all of his 654 regular season games with the Panthers but has only made the post-season twice."

Was there a year I was in a coma or something that I didn't know about ? But anyway, what I liked most was the next to last paragraph. "Not giving (Erik) Gudbranson, (Dmitri) Kulikov, (Jakub) Markstrom, (Jonathan) Huberdeau or Drew Shore or any of those kids."

Perfect. I love that about Tallon.

You should post this on the main trade boards.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:02 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Hey Guys! Just stopped by to inquire about Mueller.

What sort of return would the Panthers be looking for if he were to be made available? Are prospects/picks adequate? Positionally, where are the Panthers biggest needs?

Also, I see he's listed as a centre. Has he played exclusively at centre or has he also been used on the RW?

Thanks in advance.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:16 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post

What sort of return would the Panthers be looking for if he were to be made available? Are prospects/picks adequate? Positionally, where are the Panthers biggest needs?

Also, I see he's listed as a centre. Has he played exclusively at centre or has he also been used on the RW?

Thanks in advance.
I doubt he's traded, he's got some serious chemistry with Huberdeau. Also he's young enough at 25 (24 really, but has his b-day next month) to fit the core.

To put it the easy way, his value to the team is greater than what he'd bring back in a trade.

And on the bolded, no, he isn't really a center. He only played that position for a few games (with Huberdeau and Kovalev) before Shore got called up, and you could really see that RW was more of his position than C.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Probably a similar type player/prospect. I have a feeling that Tallon might be wary of his injury plagued past, when thinking about keeping him, so I'm for sure how willing he would want to move Mueller.

We have needs everywhere. Mainly top line players, and defensive defensemen IMO.

He was tried at center, and was switched very quickly to RW. Wasn't good at center.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:20 AM
ShootIt

"We’re not going to just clean house. We did that two years ago. We still have really good core assets and just a matter of finding the right pieces.

“We got a lot of calls on some of our top players but I’m not going to just give them away. We’re healthy and we have an opportunity to compete. As we keep adding pieces the next couple of years, we’ll be a solid team. We wouldn’t do anything rash. We’re always looking long-term putting all the assets together. Not giving (Erik) Gudbranson, (Dmitri) Kulikov, (Jakub) Markstrom, (Jonathan) Huberdeau or (Drew) Shore or any of those kids. We’re going to build through the draft.”

"

Old
03-29-2013, 09:56 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Probably a similar type player/prospect. I have a feeling that Tallon might be wary of his injury plagued past, when thinking about keeping him, so I'm for sure how willing he would want to move Mueller.

We have needs everywhere. Mainly top line players, and defensive defensemen IMO.

He was tried at center, and was switched very quickly to RW. Wasn't good at center.
I don't think he would have signed him in the first place if he was worried about it. They went through the medical tests and all that. I can understand how it's "always" there, but that's the risk that is taken, and Tallon took that risk. I don't see why he won't take it again by re-signing him. He's a worthy player of our top six. Sure he could be traded, but I don't see how it would help this team unless the prospect was really worth it, or the pick for that matter. I'm not a fan of taking a step backwards in terms of progress and competitiveness, and if we deal Mueller for futures, that is what it would be.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I don't think he would have signed him in the first place if he was worried about it. They went through the medical tests and all that. I can understand how it's "always" there, but that's the risk that is taken, and Tallon took that risk. I don't see why he won't take it again by re-signing him. He's a worthy player of our top six. Sure he could be traded, but I don't see how it would help this team unless the prospect was really worth it, or the pick for that matter. I'm not a fan of taking a step backwards in terms of progress and competitiveness, and if we deal Mueller for futures, that is what it would be.
he signed flash, as big a risk.

I luv the tallon interview, gave me peace that guys like mathias will NOT be moved

I dont want dejavu of going to the All star game with my olzinish jersey...well you know the rest.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:32 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post

I luv the tallon interview, gave me peace that guys like mathias will NOT be moved

I dont want dejavu of going to the All star game with my olzinish jersey...well you know the rest.
I sh** you not I goggled this name thinking I missed a player we drafted..

Old
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Damn, those Colorado Tankalanche can tank.. at least the have played two less games.. but this is gonna be tough..

Old
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post

He knows why this season has been a flop. He's not stupid, thankfully. Glad we have a smart GM that knows what happened this season.

03-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
GR tweeted that Matthias & Mules want to stay.

-ghoste

Old
03-29-2013, 12:31 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
"We’re not going to just clean house. We did that two years ago. We still have really good core assets and just a matter of finding the right pieces.

“We got a lot of calls on some of our top players but I’m not going to just give them away. We’re healthy and we have an opportunity to compete. As we keep adding pieces the next couple of years, we’ll be a solid team. We wouldn’t do anything rash. We’re always looking long-term putting all the assets together. Not giving (Erik) Gudbranson, (Dmitri) Kulikov, (Jakub) Markstrom, (Jonathan) Huberdeau or (Drew) Shore or any of those kids. We’re going to build through the draft.”

"
This is great news. I really, really hope Tallon keeps the core together. If Weiss has made it clear that he won't return I would be ok with trading his rights away. As well as moving Kuba or Upshall if there are any takers.

But losing Goc, Kopecky, Flash or anyone else who has been mentioned would suck IMO. This season is an anomaly. Injuries have completely ruined us and our poor start dug us into a huge hole very early.

Like Tallon says, as we move along we will add pieces. If we draft a top pick again this year, we will finally have our 1-2 punch up front and be able to see our version of Crosby/Malkin, Getzlaf/Perry, Toews/Kane. Depth is an important part of success in this league and keeping most of our guys from last year is integral IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

-ghoste
This is great news. These two will be very important for us going forward. Two solid players that can play a good all-around game. I love what Matthias has developed into and Mueller is a great winger on the 2nd line who can fill in as a center from time to time, and with Matthias turning 25 in February, he's turning into the NHLer that he will be for the rest of his career.

Remember, not every prospect is of the Crosby/Skinner/Huberdeau type that can jump into the NHL and immediately make a significant impact. Shawn is developing just about at the right pace for an NHL power forward. Bigger guys take longer to find their game in the NHL and Matthias seems to have done that.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
He knows why this season has been a flop. He's not stupid, thankfully. Glad we have a smart GM that knows what happened this season.
Yeah, he is such a great GM. We would be right in there if not for our injury problems.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Damn, those Colorado Tankalanche can tank.. at least the have played two less games.. but this is gonna be tough..
And upcoming schedule doesnt look very good...

Twice against Nashville and Detroit

I hope Varlamov can steal a few

Old
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
DisgruntledGoat

Oiler fan here, I was checking in to see if Matthias might be available, sounds like all signs point to no?

Too bad. He's exactly what we need to add to the top-six. Forgot you've got a smart GM now (must be nice)...

Old
03-29-2013, 01:59 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
I sh** you not I goggled this name thinking I missed a player we drafted..
i was really pissed.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
Oiler fan here, I was checking in to see if Matthias might be available, sounds like all signs point to no?

Too bad. He's exactly what we need to add to the top-six. Forgot you've got a smart GM now (must be nice)...
No

and yes!

Old
03-29-2013, 02:01 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Yeah, he is such a great GM. We would be right in there if not for our injury problems.
and had we started with Marky, but ive overstated that opinion..

Old
03-29-2013, 02:20 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post

-ghoste
Loved to hear this. Matthias deserves a 3-4 year deal, he's taken the next step in his development this year. His play all season will make it tough on Dineen whether to slot him in the 2nd or 3rd line Center spot next year. I'd rather see him with Hubs and Mueller for the rest of the year, Shore can learn alot from watching Matthias.

I think a 2 year deal for Mueller would be ideal to prove his worth and see if he can reach a 40-50pt season. At 24 years of age, the ceiling for this kid could be raised as long as he's willing to keep working hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
This is great news. I really, really hope Tallon keeps the core together. If Weiss has made it clear that he won't return I would be ok with trading his rights away. As well as moving Kuba or Upshall if there are any takers.

But losing Goc, Kopecky, Flash or anyone else who has been mentioned would suck IMO. This season is an anomaly. Injuries have completely ruined us and our poor start dug us into a huge hole very early.

Like Tallon says, as we move along we will add pieces. If we draft a top pick again this year, we will finally have our 1-2 punch up front and be able to see our version of Crosby/Malkin, Getzlaf/Perry, Toews/Kane. Depth is an important part of success in this league and keeping most of our guys from last year is integral IMO.

This is great news. These two will be very important for us going forward. Two solid players that can play a good all-around game. I love what Matthias has developed into and Mueller is a great winger on the 2nd line who can fill in as a center from time to time, and with Matthias turning 25 in February, he's turning into the NHLer that he will be for the rest of his career.

Remember, not every prospect is of the Crosby/Skinner/Huberdeau type that can jump into the NHL and immediately make a significant impact. Shawn is developing just about at the right pace for an NHL power forward. Bigger guys take longer to find their game in the NHL and Matthias seems to have done that.
Kuba is a stopgap D-man and will probably be around for the remaining year. We all knew he wouldn't be an impact player or have a bomb like Garrison did. BTW, Kulikov has played 10 less games than Garrison, has one less point and makes $1.6 million less. I think Gillis will regret the length of that contract for Garrison.

Upshall won't attract any buyers with his cap hit because he can't stay healthy. I feel we need to bite the bullet on this one and re-evaluate his role on the team at next year's deadline if we are to trade him/keep him or buy him out.

I think Kopecky and Goc are the only two pieces available come Wednesday and I hope Tallon knows that both their values are worth more than their potential return. Kopy is a gritty, hard nosed guy that battles in dirty areas and has a scoring touch this year. A good fit for 3rd line duties at winger next year. Goc is also versatile in his own way on the PK and can produce offensively every couple games. He's also a good fit for 3rd or 4th line duties at Center next year.

Flash's contract/cap hit will scare most GM's away, the guy can still produce offensively and he's been without Weiss or Steeg the whole season. I still feel he can reach 50-60 pt seasons.

I don't see a huge move at the deadline this year from Tallon, this will be his last chance to choose/add to his young core of prospects with a potential top 5 pick and 31st-36th overall. As I said before, I only see Kopecky or Goc being available and I'd rather keep them for the remainder of their contracts leaving time for the youth to grow and develop. Hope everyone is having a GOOD FRIDAY!!!

Last edited by CanadianPanther: 03-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 03:17 PM
WhiteMandingo

Even tho you guys are having a rough season. I wouldnt trade anybody.

Huberdeau Shore Mueller
Fleischmann Mackinnon Versteeg
Bergenheim Matthias Kopecky
Parros Goc Skille

That looks pretty good to me. You guys already have a good prospect pool and some good dmen. The only thing in your way is injuries.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:50 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Even tho you guys are having a rough season. I wouldnt trade anybody.

Huberdeau Shore Mueller
Fleischmann Mackinnon Versteeg
Bergenheim Matthias Kopecky
Parros Goc Skille

That looks pretty good to me. You guys already have a good prospect pool and some good dmen. The only thing in your way is injuries.
I think Weiss shall go right back to MacKinnons spot but pending Bjugstad, looks good to me

Old
03-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

I think it's a good thing if Colorado finishes last. They take Jones if they get the #1, easily.

Closed Thread