HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators VS New York Rangers | Sportsnet East, RDS, Team 1200 - 7:30pm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 08:21 AM
  #701
Orr123
Registered User
 
Orr123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Well I was just illustrating what Bishop has done outside of his bad games. I don't really consider Lehner to have had any bad games -- he just tends to let in soft goals after playing amazingly for long stretches. I'm sure it's more age and inexperience than anything, but I just feel like when Bishop is on (and he is most of the time) he's a little more solid. That's all -- Lehner has 4 years to catch up, but I hate the idea of trading either of them. I also don't want to trade Anderson so it's crazy the kind of fortunate yet unfortunate situation that we are in.
I still feel like one will be traded. I feel like Lehner AND Bishop knows they could be a starter on many teams out there and likely won't want to be hanging out in the AHL.

Lehner can learn stuff up in the NHL that he needs to learn at this point.

To me the biggest thing is deciding WHO you want for your future: Lehner or Bishop? The one that you don't (as a coaching/management point of view) should be traded while their trade value is high.


That said, I'm so so so impressed with this team and the goalies! Its great to see. And I'd love love love to keep them ALL. I just think that Lehner and Bishop both deserve a shot in the NHL, and why not trade one while value is high.

Orr123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:20 AM
  #702
GK
Not Jeeks
 
GK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,912
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyBunny View Post
Wow. Aside from a lengthy stretch on the road towards the end of the season, who wouldn't want that schedule? The Isles could very well make the post season. That would be great for Tavares.
Isles are one of the best teams in the East on the road. I'm excited for them. Glad the Sens helped them out last night

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:52 AM
  #703
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
I still feel like one will be traded. I feel like Lehner AND Bishop knows they could be a starter on many teams out there and likely won't want to be hanging out in the AHL.

Lehner can learn stuff up in the NHL that he needs to learn at this point.

To me the biggest thing is deciding WHO you want for your future: Lehner or Bishop? The one that you don't (as a coaching/management point of view) should be traded while their trade value is high.

That said, I'm so so so impressed with this team and the goalies! Its great to see. And I'd love love love to keep them ALL. I just think that Lehner and Bishop both deserve a shot in the NHL, and why not trade one while value is high.
Yeah it's really amazing. I'm not advocating keeping both because, as you said, I think they both deserve a shot at a starting job in the NHL. I think based on age I would prefer to move Bishop only because I think that Anderson still has at least a few years here left (and Murray suggested he could be a cornerstone for our team for 5+). If that's the case I think that Bishop would be best served by being moved...if I'm thinking of which player I'd like to keep the most though in terms of their on ice product and team dynamic I think I'd like to keep Bishop.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:05 AM
  #704
Samsquanch
Creep
 
Samsquanch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
I got a 199 problems but this line ain't one. If you're having scoring problems I feel bad for you son.

Samsquanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:21 AM
  #705
ATdaisuki
invisible
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
Oh poor poor Michalek. The always forgotten 30 goal winger. Lol.

But it also amazes me everytime I watch this team. I am not sure what other team would be this resilient. It's amazing. I love it.
oh poor poor cowen. the always forgotten shut-down top four defenseman. lol.


ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:37 AM
  #706
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Yeah it's really amazing. I'm not advocating keeping both because, as you said, I think they both deserve a shot at a starting job in the NHL. I think based on age I would prefer to move Bishop only because I think that Anderson still has at least a few years here left (and Murray suggested he could be a cornerstone for our team for 5+). If that's the case I think that Bishop would be best served by being moved...if I'm thinking of which player I'd like to keep the most though in terms of their on ice product and team dynamic I think I'd like to keep Bishop.
I think we all agree that Anderson has the most experience & has played the best this yr in net although both Bishop & Lehner are playing well now. Most I think perceive Lehner as being the better of the two & when he gets to the point where he takes the starters job away from Anderson, which could be as soon as next season, wouldn't it be great to have a very good veteran backup to come to calm the waters. Not only would he be an excellent mentor for Lehner but he would also be the best backup in the NHL. The two could play together for yrs to come that is if Anderson would be willing to do that considering he could also play as a #1 for yrs.

I would only trade Bishop at the deadline if the return was a very good young top 6 powerforward who could grow with our young guns. Barring that I would trade Bishop at the draft to move up to get Monahan or better, if possible.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:11 AM
  #707
ChocolateLeclaire
Moderator
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I think we all agree that Anderson has the most experience & has played the best this yr in net although both Bishop & Lehner are playing well now. Most I think perceive Lehner as being the better of the two & when he gets to the point where he takes the starters job away from Anderson, which could be as soon as next season, wouldn't it be great to have a very good veteran backup to come to calm the waters. Not only would he be an excellent mentor for Lehner but he would also be the best backup in the NHL. The two could play together for yrs to come that is if Anderson would be willing to do that considering he could also play as a #1 for yrs.

I would only trade Bishop at the deadline if the return was a very good young top 6 powerforward who could grow with our young guns. Barring that I would trade Bishop at the draft to move up to get Monahan or better, if possible.
You also have to be cognizant of the fact that you can never project how young goalies can turn out and even surefire prospects can be derailed, by injuries, illnesses, loss of confidence, etc.

I'm on the "keep Anderson" boat because I look at a situation like Minnesota's. They've had all these young stud goalies come thru their system but things have happened so the veteran Niklas Backstrom keeps being the #1 because he can still play. In Minnesota's case, there was picking Backstrom over Manny Fernandez (great call there) and the unfortunate series of injuries that kept happening to Josh Harding (followed by his sad illness of MS). It's always good to have a veteran "ace-in-the-hole" in case one of your prospects don't work out.

I feel that in a few years after Anderson does hang em up, it'll be Lehner getting challenged from Francois Brassard. I love the way this kid plays nets and I think he's another gold goalie prospect.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:45 AM
  #708
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Monaco
Posts: 14,449
vCash: 1000
Chris Neil

I think I'm going to start calling him Chris TITANEIL.

This guy is the tougher SOB I have ever seen. That "injury" looked awful and he doesn't even miss 1 period? What the?

And he gets 2 assists on the first 2 goals. Love you Chris

Zibanejad and Bishop that game = wow

Latendresse's face after he scored = priceless

I WANT THAT PIC ASAP (please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
Condra is so bad
Ridiculous comment. Condra got robbed of a goal, that was an amazing save by Lundqvist. Get glasses.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:50 AM
  #709
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
You also have to be cognizant of the fact that you can never project how young goalies can turn out and even surefire prospects can be derailed, by injuries, illnesses, loss of confidence, etc.

I'm on the "keep Anderson" boat because I look at a situation like Minnesota's. They've had all these young stud goalies come thru their system but things have happened so the veteran Niklas Backstrom keeps being the #1 because he can still play. In Minnesota's case, there was picking Backstrom over Manny Fernandez (great call there) and the unfortunate series of injuries that kept happening to Josh Harding (followed by his sad illness of MS). It's always good to have a veteran "ace-in-the-hole" in case one of your prospects don't work out.

I feel that in a few years after Anderson does hang em up, it'll be Lehner getting challenged from Francois Brassard. I love the way this kid plays nets and I think he's another gold goalie prospect.
Good point & fortifides my "keep the vet" comment I was making. I would disagree regarding Brassard though, I'll take Dreidger & we can have this discussion in 5 yrs, see you then.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:07 PM
  #710
Rals
Registered User
 
Rals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
I have issue with "in a few years when Anderson hangs them up". Guy has 9 more years of goaltending. We going to sit on Lehner that long?

Rals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:53 PM
  #711
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,794
vCash: 500
Anderson is by far the best of the three... How soon people forget.

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
  #712
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rals View Post
I have issue with "in a few years when Anderson hangs them up". Guy has 9 more years of goaltending. We going to sit on Lehner that long?
Worst case scenario he leaves for FA after the '14/15 season and Lehner takes over as #1.

Best case scenario we re-sign Anderson and have two #1 goaltenders ala Thomas/Rask, Luongo/Schneider etc...

The best problem you can have.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.