HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League: 2013 season Pt3 - Hopping on the CBJ bandwagon!

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1255
I'm totally going to hope the Pens crash and burn in the first round. I didn't like them to begin with, and I like them less now.

I guess the Flames tank job effort is official. every last Calgary fans will quickly become a hypocrite if they haven't already after all the crap they said about the Oilers management tanking. I know a lot of them are already cheering for the flames to lose.

Guess Edmonton fans can understand as I remember the day Ryan Smyth got traded.
same sort of thing.

BOOOOOOO Pens BOOOOOOOO

Old
03-28-2013, 09:13 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Listening to the press conference... Feaster says he doesn't want to use the "rebuild" term.

Walks like a duck... quacks like a duck... tastes like a duck Jay...
Long-term restructuring plan?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Everest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
This is hilarious ... Feaster just gave Iginla away for absolute crap
I actually think he did "OK" to get a 1rst rounder coming the other way. You just have to wonder how "ready" Flames scouting staff is to handle the responsibility of this very critical draft?

And the other thing is...I get the feeling Iggy's "list" wasn't a list at all. It was more like...

"Call each of these 4 teams, get an offer you like from at least 2 of them and then see if you can grease a little more out of Shero...but...either way...Im going to PIT when its all said and done...so...good luck with that and thanks for hangig me out to dry here the last two years..."

I posted a few comments right after the Morrow<>Morrow trade on how much more sense it made for Iggy to go to PIT once Morrow went there. I just think Shero played a perfect "all-in" hand here. He could lose a tonne of "future"...but...as long as you've got Sid the Kid...you gotta be VERY aggresive. Kudos to PIT management. Wish we had that guy calling the shots here.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:19 PM
MoneyGuy

I'm torn on who to cheer for now. If the Pens win, the Flames get a lower draft choice. However, I'd prefer that Iggy not get that ring, simply because so many Flames fans want him to win. I also cheer for underdogs if the Oilers aren't in it. Tough call.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:35 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Long-term restructuring plan?
This made me laugh. I might have to steal it

Old
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

I believe Feaster coined the term "Rock Solid Plan". At least that's what CP keeps repeating.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
topchowda

Dont think the idea that Iggy forced feasters hand. Iggy waived for 4 teams. You trade him for the best return, not to a certain team but you want to make Iggy happy. He would be happy going to any of the 4 teams

Old
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

If Iggy didn't force Feasters hand, then why did Chiarelli think a deal was in place?
Boston's offer was better than Pittsburgh, why would Feaster take a lesser return while simultaneously make himself look like a complete hack to 29 other GM's and Owners watching?

It's this simple:
Crosby/Malkin >>> Bergeron/Krejci

That's all that's on Iginla's mind.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM
#ualberta

Malkin will play for the pens today obviously no Iginla yet
The pens are going for their 14th straight win

Old
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Oilers play Columbus tonight.

Who does Columbus play tomorrow on the 2nd night of a back to back?

Yup. Calgary.

How come the Flames have so many home wins this year?

Total ********.

**** it. I want a better pick than them anyway. But come on.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Penguins vs. Bruins in the playoffs please.

03-28-2013, 07:10 PM
#ualberta

I'm watching the pens jets game pittsburgh up 3-0 already this team is pretty amazing

Old
03-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Wow 5-1 Phx 10 min in against Nashville

Old
03-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Wow 5-1 Phx 10 min in against Nashville
Edit 5-2 7 goals first 9 min incredible

Old
03-28-2013, 07:41 PM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Edit 5-2 7 goals first 9 min incredible
What do they think they are playing in the east.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:56 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

See we aren't the only team to give up 6 in the first

Old
03-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Now 7-3 Yotes with still 36mins left. Thats nuts.

How does Nashville give up 5 goals in the first 8mins to the Coyotes?

Old
03-29-2013, 01:30 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Oilers play Columbus tonight.

Who does Columbus play tomorrow on the 2nd night of a back to back?

Yup. Calgary.

How come the Flames have so many home wins this year?

Total ********.

**** it. I want a better pick than them anyway. But come on.
It's amazing that their record is as poor as it is with how many teams they get on the second half of back to backs. Although they are winning at home.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Gabriel6676

This is what I posted in the Calgary Flames section. I would like to get a take from fellow Oilers fans. Do you see this as being obviously correct or no? To be clear my motivation is not to pile it on with Calgary. I am simply astonished that the flames are so badly run and would like to see them return to excellence so we could get this rivalry back on line. Us too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshinkman
One angle on this trade has not been discussed, namely the the Flames were an unfortunate victim of bad timing. With the cap going down next year, his value was minimized. The odds of him being a short term rental rather than a long term acquisition went way up. He'll probably look for $5 for 4 yrs. This corresponding decreased his trade value.

Reply:

Unfortunate victim? Lol!!!!!!

Look - some people here need to get some things straight - this is utter incompetence by this organization on many levels. A few main points illustrate the problems that are significant of great incomtence

1. This organization has been doing the same thing for years and failing at it. Even when EVERYONE aside from flames fans have been commenting in amazement that the Flames have been waiting WAY too long to begin a rebuild - for 5 years this has been the case;
2. When they do decide to trade their captain, they wait to do so in the last year of his contract;
3. Everyone saw that CBA stoppage might come and take away a year of hockey and STILL the flames made no moves - you could have lost iginla for nothing;
4. Everyone knew for some time that the cap would go down after the new CBA - and the flames decide to trade iginla the year before the cap goes way down and after teams have already adjusted for it and therefore cannot afford him?
5. When a player waives a no trade he has to sign a waiver which gets filed with the league - it in this case would hae listed the teams he can be traded to - after that the player has No control over the deal - so one of two things happened - the flames didn't get the waiver up front or 2 they gave iginla the choice of cancelling the deal with Boston even though he had already provided Boston as an option - either way it is a total failure to get maximum value out of this trade! Either Calgary is too soft to do what is necessary or iginla went back in his original word that he would accept a trade to Boston. AND it sounds like the flames did not get the bloody waiver!
6. They didn't wait until deadline day to make a trade;
7. They told Boston there was a deal and waited a long time to tell them it was off - both big screw ups

C'mon Flames fans - wake up (those of you who have not woken up already)

Old
03-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Now 7-3 Yotes with still 36mins left. Thats nuts.

How does Nashville give up 5 goals in the first 8mins to the Coyotes?
Rinne was especially awful in that first period. I'm not sure what's up with him this year.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
dnicks17

We already discussed the waiver part in here.

A waiver that says Iginla would accept a deal to four specific teams isn't legally binding. It's an amendment to the player's contract, which is against the CBA.

And I suspect they didn't wait until the deadline because Iginla had no intentions of going anywhere but Pittsburgh. Feaster had to do his due diligence and try to work with the other 3 teams on the list(if there was a list) too, but Iginla was more than likely leaning toward Pittsburgh with the other 3 as his plan b, c, and d.

Feaster had a deal in place with Pittsburgh and Boston...Iginla had the final say...I don't see how that's a screw-up on Feaster's part.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:15 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel6676 View Post
This is what I posted in the Calgary Flames section. I would like to get a take from fellow Oilers fans. Do you see this as being obviously correct or no? To be clear my motivation is not to pile it on with Calgary. I am simply astonished that the flames are so badly run and would like to see them return to excellence so we could get this rivalry back on line. Us too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshinkman
One angle on this trade has not been discussed, namely the the Flames were an unfortunate victim of bad timing. With the cap going down next year, his value was minimized. The odds of him being a short term rental rather than a long term acquisition went way up. He'll probably look for $5 for 4 yrs. This corresponding decreased his trade value.

Reply:

Unfortunate victim? Lol!!!!!!

Look - some people here need to get some things straight - this is utter incompetence by this organization on many levels. A few main points illustrate the problems that are significant of great incomtence

1. This organization has been doing the same thing for years and failing at it. Even when EVERYONE aside from flames fans have been commenting in amazement that the Flames have been waiting WAY too long to begin a rebuild - for 5 years this has been the case;
2. When they do decide to trade their captain, they wait to do so in the last year of his contract;
3. Everyone saw that CBA stoppage might come and take away a year of hockey and STILL the flames made no moves - you could have lost iginla for nothing;
4. Everyone knew for some time that the cap would go down after the new CBA - and the flames decide to trade iginla the year before the cap goes way down and after teams have already adjusted for it and therefore cannot afford him?
5. When a player waives a no trade he has to sign a waiver which gets filed with the league - it in this case would hae listed the teams he can be traded to - after that the player has No control over the deal - so one of two things happened - the flames didn't get the waiver up front or 2 they gave iginla the choice of cancelling the deal with Boston even though he had already provided Boston as an option - either way it is a total failure to get maximum value out of this trade! Either Calgary is too soft to do what is necessary or iginla went back in his original word that he would accept a trade to Boston. AND it sounds like the flames did not get the bloody waiver!
6. They didn't wait until deadline day to make a trade;
7. They told Boston there was a deal and waited a long time to tell them it was off - both big screw ups

C'mon Flames fans - wake up (those of you who have not woken up already)
I really question that the Flames decided when to move Iggy. I think he was the one that made the decision when to move.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

A waiver that says Iginla would accept a deal to four specific teams isn't legally binding. It's an amendment to the player's contract, which is against the CBA.

And I suspect they didn't wait until the deadline because Iginla had no intentions of going anywhere but Pittsburgh. Feaster had to do his due diligence and try to work with the other 3 teams on the list(if there was a list) too, but Iginla was more than likely leaning toward Pittsburgh with the other 3 as his plan b, c, and d.

Feaster had a deal in place with Pittsburgh and Boston...Iginla had the final say...I don't see how that's a screw-up on Feaster's part.
I think you are very correct that Iggy wanted to go to Pitt first and the others second.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Gabriel6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post

I have looked at this situation from various angles. I am not sure what exactly happened but I think the fault of feester cannot be denied

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...KgI/story.html

Old
03-29-2013, 02:22 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
I really question that the Flames decided when to move Iggy. I think he was the one that made the decision when to move.
Exactly.

It was a one-and-done thing. Iginla went to Feaster and said "I'm tired of the press asking me questions, get this thing done."

Feaster had two options, get that trade done then and there or Iggy pulls a Kiprusoff and stays in Calgary.

Closed Thread