HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 10:12 PM
  #476
Stephpa10
Registered User
 
Stephpa10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
Haha, not surprised to see you guys rooting for the Canes tonight. As much as we hate one another and how long our rivalry has been around, I have to admit, it'll be great to see the Leafs and the Habs in the playoffs again together. Been a looong time. Hope we can meet in a playoff series. Would be the best series in many many years. Cheers and good luck the rest of the way.

when is the last time leafs and habs met in the playoffs, i'm 36 and don't remember a single series, it would be great but man i can't stand losing 1 game to the leafs not sure what i would do if we would lose in the playoffs, might to watch out of my house so i wouldn't break the tv

Stephpa10 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
  #477
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Be careful what you wish for, man..

Playoffs=new/different season.

Devils: They got Brodeur back. 7th last year, made the SCF.
Rangers: We'll see this saturday how our Habs play against Rangers WITH Rick Nash. Still a dangerous team and they also made the ECF last year.

I love being one of the top teams in the EC. But sometimes, I feel Habs are better off going to playoffs as underdogs.
Never said those are easy series. I just like the way we match up against them and if you've been following the rangers, Nash has not made them any better. They were paaaaaathetic tonight and on most nights. Toronto and Ottawa are far more dangerous IMO. Brodeur isn't the same. He is beatable. I know when the playoffs start, things change and you ramp it up, but that applied to us too (as well as Ottawa and Toronto, as well as Boston FTM).

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:16 PM
  #478
Stephpa10
Registered User
 
Stephpa10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
no wonder i don't remember i was 3 years old 1978-79 is the last time we met the Leafs in the playoffs and we swept them 4-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
when is the last time leafs and habs met in the playoffs, i'm 36 and don't remember a single series, it would be great but man i can't stand losing 1 game to the leafs not sure what i would do if we would lose in the playoffs, might to watch out of my house so i wouldn't break the tv

Stephpa10 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 10:22 PM
  #479
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
when is the last time leafs and habs met in the playoffs, i'm 36 and don't remember a single series, it would be great but man i can't stand losing 1 game to the leafs not sure what i would do if we would lose in the playoffs, might to watch out of my house so i wouldn't break the tv
We would have met in '93 if not for Kerry Fraser. Would have been the greatest SCF of all time.

TonsofPuppies* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 11:26 PM
  #480
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
We would have met in '93 if not for Kerry Fraser. Would have been the greatest SCF of all time.
Sigh.. Even if Fraser did call that 5 and a game on Gretzky there was still no guarantees the Leafs would've even scored on that PP and won that game. Even with Gretzky out of the game another Kings player could've won it for the Kings later.

It's easy to blame Fraser for that missed call and costing the Leafs the game and the series but there were still no guarantees the Leafs would've ended up winning that game. Anyway the Leafs had another chance to win the series in game 7 and lost so what was the excuse for losing game 7?

sheed36 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
  #481
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Lol. Iggy doesnt have a say on which prospects Feaster should get from the Pens..

But yeah, Feaster is just bad.
If you put it that way, then Feaster doesn't have a say on what other teams offer him either.

He had a better offer from Boston. Iginla didn't want to go there. How is that not a final say from Iginla? Feaster's hands were tied. Or maybe he should have kept Iginla and receive nothing? I guess it's just more fun to say Feaster sucks ignoring the context he was in (a selling team with a big NTC contract ending this year). This type of situation is tough and it could have been worse -- see Mats Sundin.


Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 03-29-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:28 AM
  #482
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Sigh.. Even if Fraser did call that 5 and a game on Gretzky there was still no guarantees the Leafs would've even scored on that PP and won that game. Even with Gretzky out of the game another Kings player could've won it for the Kings later.

It's easy to blame Fraser for that missed call and costing the Leafs the game and the series but there were still no guarantees the Leafs would've ended up winning that game. Anyway the Leafs had another chance to win the series in game 7 and lost so what was the excuse for losing game 7?
I agree with most of what you said. But Fraser didn't help matters. Leafs had come back from a 4-1 hole to tie the game at 4 and force OT. Momentum was on their side. Fraser took all of it away with the non-call. The OT goal also gave Gretzky some confidence. He was having an abysmal series until that point and he carried that into game 7 with what Gretzky himself described as his "greatest game ever".

So basically, I agree that the Leafs wouldn't necessarily have won the series even if the right call was made, but you can't argue that the non-call was the turning point in the series.

TonsofPuppies* is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 04:05 AM
  #483
Toshio
Registered User
 
Toshio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Never said those are easy series. I just like the way we match up against them and if you've been following the rangers, Nash has not made them any better. They were paaaaaathetic tonight and on most nights. Toronto and Ottawa are far more dangerous IMO. Brodeur isn't the same. He is beatable. I know when the playoffs start, things change and you ramp it up, but that applied to us too (as well as Ottawa and Toronto, as well as Boston FTM).
Just saying we should just be ready for whoever we face in the first round. Brodeur could be 50 and he'd still probably find a way to beat us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
If you put it that way, then Feaster doesn't have a say on what other teams offer him either.

He had a better offer from Boston. Iginla didn't want to go there. How is that not a final say from Iginla? Feaster's hands were tied. Or maybe he should have kept Iginla and receive nothing? I guess it's just more fun to say Feaster sucks ignoring the context he was in (a selling team with a big NTC contract ending this year). This type of situation is tough and it could have been worse -- see Mats Sundin.
Yes, Iginla had the final say on where he wants to play. Lets agree on that part. But MarkovsKnee post #460 and Carey Price #461 (the posters, not real people) were talking about the prospects Feaster could've gotten from Pittsburgh. Calgary could've had one of Pouliot, Despres, Bennett or Maatta. Instead, what they got was 2 never-heard-of college players.

It just doesnt make sense. Dallas got Joe Morrow for Brendan Morrow but Calgary got 2 unknown players for Jarome ************ Iginla?

Toshio is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 04:53 AM
  #484
Savannah Skunk
Registered User
 
Savannah Skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Off the banana farm
Country: Uganda
Posts: 1,327
vCash: 500
As an Sens fan, I would die for a Leafs or Habs first and/or subsequent round series. It would be the first between two Canadian teams in too many years. Such series are ALWAYS the best, nevermind who wins or loses. It would simply be good for Hockey in general.

Montreal's greatest weapon in the playoffs will be Price.

Savannah Skunk is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 04:59 AM
  #485
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
no wonder i don't remember i was 3 years old 1978-79 is the last time we met the Leafs in the playoffs and we swept them 4-0
Yep! With the great Cam Connor scoring a winning goal...by losing the puck on a deke!
Cam Connor. Living proof that Sam Pollock wasn't always an astute scout.

deandebean is online now  
Old
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
  #486
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah Skunk View Post
As an Sens fan, I would die for a Leafs or Habs first and/or subsequent round series. It would be the first between two Canadian teams in too many years. Such series are ALWAYS the best, nevermind who wins or loses. It would simply be good for Hockey in general.

Montreal's greatest weapon in the playoffs will be Price.
It would be a great series, but I'd for the 2nd round to be a combination of Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg and Ottawa.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 09:07 AM
  #487
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,287
vCash: 500

Analyzer is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM
  #488
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,993
vCash: 500
James Mirtle@mirtle

49m





McLaren's face was not in good shape when I saw him after the game last night. Lots of swelling after early fight with @KWesty19.

Good on him.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 10:14 AM
  #489
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Man, the playoffs will be epic this year.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
  #490
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500



this is just mad talent and lolz

Gally11 is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 11:50 AM
  #491
FireBergevin
Registered User
 
FireBergevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
The Kerry Fraser thing just typifies how desperate a fan base can get after not winning anything for almost half a century.

FireBergevin is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 12:37 PM
  #492
Lshap
Registered User
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
He started it.
He kind of did, I grant you that. Anyway, your point about the missed call is well-taken. Fraser admitted his mistake, for what that's worth. I have a feeling we won't play each other this year in the playoffs because I don't think we'll both make it out of round-one, but now that the Leafs seem to have found a groove, it'll happen sooner rather than later.

Lshap is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
  #493
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,818
vCash: 500
If you guys are somehow interested in Minnesota vs Yale in the NCAA starts of the Frozen Four tournament....Laganière wears #28 for the Green. Might be interesting for a UFA pickup.

http://naturallyhp.com/xpp.php?tintin7676

Yale looking really good right now while Minny had to kill 2 PP's.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
  #494
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Sigh.. Even if Fraser did call that 5 and a game on Gretzky there was still no guarantees the Leafs would've even scored on that PP and won that game. Even with Gretzky out of the game another Kings player could've won it for the Kings later.

It's easy to blame Fraser for that missed call and costing the Leafs the game and the series but there were still no guarantees the Leafs would've ended up winning that game. Anyway the Leafs had another chance to win the series in game 7 and lost so what was the excuse for losing game 7?
The Fraser non-call as a reason for losing that series is such B.S. Leafs had game 7 at home for gawd's sake and lost outright. Kings were much better than them in that game.

How about blaming the loss on the fact that the Leafs couldn't get it done at home? You'll rarely hear a Leafs fan say that though. lol

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:02 PM
  #495
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,818
vCash: 500
Seems to me Agostino loves Calgary...the kid is everywhere so far.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
  #496
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
TinordiandSubban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If you guys are somehow interested in Minnesota vs Yale in the NCAA starts of the Frozen Four tournament....Laganière wears #28 for the Green. Might be interesting for a UFA pickup.

http://naturallyhp.com/xpp.php?tintin7676

Yale looking really good right now while Minny had to kill 2 PP's.
Agostino with the snipe! 16th of the year. Yale up 1-0.

Iginla yet to score for Pens.

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
  #497
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,818
vCash: 500
Agostino having a hell of a game so far. Yale is just so frustrating to play against, so many blocked shots, always in a passing and shooting lanes...my first prediction is already in jeopardy...

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
  #498
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Snippin' Yank
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,282
vCash: 597
This seals it. Feaster is a genius!

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:36 PM
  #499
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,818
vCash: 500
Seth Helgeson is a freakin monster.

Yet, my all-star team that couldn't miss this year are about to be eliminated....already. 2-0 with 1 period to go. Minny is just nto playing together. While Yale is really playing like a team. 1st upset ready to happen.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:37 PM
  #500
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Agostino having a hell of a game so far. Yale is just so frustrating to play against, so many blocked shots, always in a passing and shooting lanes...my first prediction is already in jeopardy...
what network is carrying the game?

1993 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.