HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Stephpa10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
Haha, not surprised to see you guys rooting for the Canes tonight. As much as we hate one another and how long our rivalry has been around, I have to admit, it'll be great to see the Leafs and the Habs in the playoffs again together. Been a looong time. Hope we can meet in a playoff series. Would be the best series in many many years. Cheers and good luck the rest of the way.

when is the last time leafs and habs met in the playoffs, i'm 36 and don't remember a single series, it would be great but man i can't stand losing 1 game to the leafs not sure what i would do if we would lose in the playoffs, might to watch out of my house so i wouldn't break the tv

Old
03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Be careful what you wish for, man..

Playoffs=new/different season.

Devils: They got Brodeur back. 7th last year, made the SCF.
Rangers: We'll see this saturday how our Habs play against Rangers WITH Rick Nash. Still a dangerous team and they also made the ECF last year.

I love being one of the top teams in the EC. But sometimes, I feel Habs are better off going to playoffs as underdogs.
Never said those are easy series. I just like the way we match up against them and if you've been following the rangers, Nash has not made them any better. They were paaaaaathetic tonight and on most nights. Toronto and Ottawa are far more dangerous IMO. Brodeur isn't the same. He is beatable. I know when the playoffs start, things change and you ramp it up, but that applied to us too (as well as Ottawa and Toronto, as well as Boston FTM).

Old
03-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Stephpa10

no wonder i don't remember i was 3 years old 1978-79 is the last time we met the Leafs in the playoffs and we swept them 4-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
when is the last time leafs and habs met in the playoffs, i'm 36 and don't remember a single series, it would be great but man i can't stand losing 1 game to the leafs not sure what i would do if we would lose in the playoffs, might to watch out of my house so i wouldn't break the tv

Old
03-28-2013, 10:22 PM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
We would have met in '93 if not for Kerry Fraser. Would have been the greatest SCF of all time.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:26 PM
sheed36

Quote:
We would have met in '93 if not for Kerry Fraser. Would have been the greatest SCF of all time.
Sigh.. Even if Fraser did call that 5 and a game on Gretzky there was still no guarantees the Leafs would've even scored on that PP and won that game. Even with Gretzky out of the game another Kings player could've won it for the Kings later.

It's easy to blame Fraser for that missed call and costing the Leafs the game and the series but there were still no guarantees the Leafs would've ended up winning that game. Anyway the Leafs had another chance to win the series in game 7 and lost so what was the excuse for losing game 7?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Lol. Iggy doesnt have a say on which prospects Feaster should get from the Pens..

But yeah, Feaster is just bad.
If you put it that way, then Feaster doesn't have a say on what other teams offer him either.

He had a better offer from Boston. Iginla didn't want to go there. How is that not a final say from Iginla? Feaster's hands were tied. Or maybe he should have kept Iginla and receive nothing? I guess it's just more fun to say Feaster sucks ignoring the context he was in (a selling team with a big NTC contract ending this year). This type of situation is tough and it could have been worse -- see Mats Sundin.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 03-29-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old
03-29-2013, 02:28 AM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Sigh.. Even if Fraser did call that 5 and a game on Gretzky there was still no guarantees the Leafs would've even scored on that PP and won that game. Even with Gretzky out of the game another Kings player could've won it for the Kings later.

It's easy to blame Fraser for that missed call and costing the Leafs the game and the series but there were still no guarantees the Leafs would've ended up winning that game. Anyway the Leafs had another chance to win the series in game 7 and lost so what was the excuse for losing game 7?
I agree with most of what you said. But Fraser didn't help matters. Leafs had come back from a 4-1 hole to tie the game at 4 and force OT. Momentum was on their side. Fraser took all of it away with the non-call. The OT goal also gave Gretzky some confidence. He was having an abysmal series until that point and he carried that into game 7 with what Gretzky himself described as his "greatest game ever".

So basically, I agree that the Leafs wouldn't necessarily have won the series even if the right call was made, but you can't argue that the non-call was the turning point in the series.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Toshio

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Never said those are easy series. I just like the way we match up against them and if you've been following the rangers, Nash has not made them any better. They were paaaaaathetic tonight and on most nights. Toronto and Ottawa are far more dangerous IMO. Brodeur isn't the same. He is beatable. I know when the playoffs start, things change and you ramp it up, but that applied to us too (as well as Ottawa and Toronto, as well as Boston FTM).
Just saying we should just be ready for whoever we face in the first round. Brodeur could be 50 and he'd still probably find a way to beat us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
If you put it that way, then Feaster doesn't have a say on what other teams offer him either.

He had a better offer from Boston. Iginla didn't want to go there. How is that not a final say from Iginla? Feaster's hands were tied. Or maybe he should have kept Iginla and receive nothing? I guess it's just more fun to say Feaster sucks ignoring the context he was in (a selling team with a big NTC contract ending this year). This type of situation is tough and it could have been worse -- see Mats Sundin.
Yes, Iginla had the final say on where he wants to play. Lets agree on that part. But MarkovsKnee post #460 and Carey Price #461 (the posters, not real people) were talking about the prospects Feaster could've gotten from Pittsburgh. Calgary could've had one of Pouliot, Despres, Bennett or Maatta. Instead, what they got was 2 never-heard-of college players.

It just doesnt make sense. Dallas got Joe Morrow for Brendan Morrow but Calgary got 2 unknown players for Jarome ************ Iginla?

Old
03-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Savannah Skunk

As an Sens fan, I would die for a Leafs or Habs first and/or subsequent round series. It would be the first between two Canadian teams in too many years. Such series are ALWAYS the best, nevermind who wins or loses. It would simply be good for Hockey in general.

Montreal's greatest weapon in the playoffs will be Price.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:59 AM
deandebean

Quote:
no wonder i don't remember i was 3 years old 1978-79 is the last time we met the Leafs in the playoffs and we swept them 4-0
Yep! With the great Cam Connor scoring a winning goal...by losing the puck on a deke!
Cam Connor. Living proof that Sam Pollock wasn't always an astute scout.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah Skunk View Post
As an Sens fan, I would die for a Leafs or Habs first and/or subsequent round series. It would be the first between two Canadian teams in too many years. Such series are ALWAYS the best, nevermind who wins or loses. It would simply be good for Hockey in general.

Montreal's greatest weapon in the playoffs will be Price.
It would be a great series, but I'd for the 2nd round to be a combination of Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg and Ottawa.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Old
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

James Mirtle@mirtle

49m

McLaren's face was not in good shape when I saw him after the game last night. Lots of swelling after early fight with @KWesty19.

Good on him.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:14 AM
BlackStar

Man, the playoffs will be epic this year.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Gally11

this is just mad talent and lolz

Old
03-29-2013, 11:50 AM
FireBergevin

The Kerry Fraser thing just typifies how desperate a fan base can get after not winning anything for almost half a century.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Lshap

Quote:
He started it.
He kind of did, I grant you that. Anyway, your point about the missed call is well-taken. Fraser admitted his mistake, for what that's worth. I have a feeling we won't play each other this year in the playoffs because I don't think we'll both make it out of round-one, but now that the Leafs seem to have found a groove, it'll happen sooner rather than later.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

If you guys are somehow interested in Minnesota vs Yale in the NCAA starts of the Frozen Four tournament....Laganière wears #28 for the Green. Might be interesting for a UFA pickup.

http://naturallyhp.com/xpp.php?tintin7676

Yale looking really good right now while Minny had to kill 2 PP's.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:49 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post

The Fraser non-call as a reason for losing that series is such B.S. Leafs had game 7 at home for gawd's sake and lost outright. Kings were much better than them in that game.

How about blaming the loss on the fact that the Leafs couldn't get it done at home? You'll rarely hear a Leafs fan say that though. lol

Old
03-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Seems to me Agostino loves Calgary...the kid is everywhere so far.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If you guys are somehow interested in Minnesota vs Yale in the NCAA starts of the Frozen Four tournament....Laganière wears #28 for the Green. Might be interesting for a UFA pickup.

http://naturallyhp.com/xpp.php?tintin7676

Yale looking really good right now while Minny had to kill 2 PP's.
Agostino with the snipe! 16th of the year. Yale up 1-0.

Iginla yet to score for Pens.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Agostino having a hell of a game so far. Yale is just so frustrating to play against, so many blocked shots, always in a passing and shooting lanes...my first prediction is already in jeopardy...

Old
03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
This seals it. Feaster is a genius!

Old
03-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Seth Helgeson is a freakin monster.

Yet, my all-star team that couldn't miss this year are about to be eliminated....already. 2-0 with 1 period to go. Minny is just nto playing together. While Yale is really playing like a team. 1st upset ready to happen.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Agostino having a hell of a game so far. Yale is just so frustrating to play against, so many blocked shots, always in a passing and shooting lanes...my first prediction is already in jeopardy...
what network is carrying the game?

Closed Thread