HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anderson Injury - Sprained Ankle, Update: 4 April 2013 - Ready to Go!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 11:16 AM
  #201
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity
 
Tyskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Wow that must have been some sprain, lol.

Good to hear he's close.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:38 AM
  #202
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
I don't know how I'd feel if he came back against the Leafs saturday. I want him to return 100% and I feel like there'd be a lot of pressure to perform well in that game. If he wasn't 100% and he didn't perform well it wouldn't be good.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:49 AM
  #203
arglebargle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
It wouldnt shock me to see EK step on the ice in the playoffs, but I dont think he will be very good if he does.
There is absolutely no chance the Senators risk ruining Karlsson's career to win a couple of playoff games this year. So far everyone in the organization has said the timeline for return is next season regardless.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:59 AM
  #204
arglebargle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
well, take it from two NHL players, one of whom was a teammate of a guy who had a high ankle sprain. a HIGH sprain is a different animal than just a garden variety ankle sprain.
As I understand it, until very recently in pro sports you were expected to come back from any injury well before the pain subsided (it still happens a bit). Rhodes was probably told by team doctors that his ankle was almost better, and he probably felt pressure to play.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
  #205
Senators Growing
Next year again...
 
Senators Growing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumberland
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,646
vCash: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
EK better not play playoffs
Why not? This might be ALfredsson's last year and we'll need all hands on deck if we're going to make a run. Pittsburgh is disintegrating and Boston is beatable. Leafs are beatable, so are Habs...no silver bullets against us out there. He plays in the playoffs, if we're out in round one he can rest till Septermber, if we make the finals and he wins a championship it will all be worth it...

Senators Growing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:19 PM
  #206
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Why not?
Because he hasn't recovered.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:26 PM
  #207
DonthaveaCOWEN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
Why not? This might be ALfredsson's last year and we'll need all hands on deck if we're going to make a run. Pittsburgh is disintegrating and Boston is beatable. Leafs are beatable, so are Habs...no silver bullets against us out there. He plays in the playoffs, if we're out in round one he can rest till Septermber, if we make the finals and he wins a championship it will all be worth it...
Wow... just wow! A) Pittsburgh has won 13 GAMES IN A ROW and B) Karlsson is not coming back anytime before Round 3 IF it happens at all.

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:08 PM
  #208
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonthaveaCOWEN View Post
Wow... just wow! A) Pittsburgh has won 13 GAMES IN A ROW and B) Karlsson is not coming back anytime before Round 3 IF it happens at all.
Whatever man did you not read his post? If Karlsson wins a Cup then ruining the rest of his career is totally worth it. Who needs a functioning leg when you've got a championship ring?

Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:21 PM
  #209
DrunkUncleDenis
Re-sign Condra!
 
DrunkUncleDenis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Campus
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Whatever man did you not read his post? If Karlsson wins a Cup then ruining the rest of his career is totally worth it. Who needs a functioning leg when you've got a championship ring?
The fact that I even entertained this idea for a second......

I want a cup.


DrunkUncleDenis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:19 PM
  #210
ChocolateLeclaire
Moderator
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreaboy View Post
it's not just "months" though. chum suggested he was NEVER able to really recover.
Since I didn't hear this, either Dono told the story wrong or it was heard wrong. Being a huge Dusty fan, I followed his career in Atlanta. He did have a high ankle sprain, but what did him in was a terrible knee injury. He kept reinjuring that same knee over and over and he became unreliable and was soon bought out by the Thrashers.

His ankle had nothing to do with his career ending. His knee did.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
  #211
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 500
The recovery time for the injury is 3 months at best.

Karlsson said everything going well. He isn't even running though so it will take him at least another month to do "light skating" following by another month to be on the level Cowen is now.

If we make Conference finals we may see him but that's if we need him.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:26 PM
  #212
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!
 
Fenix Rises 2026's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
If we make Conference finals we may see him but that's if we need him.
If he gets the green light to play, I'm all for putting him in as soon as possible in the playoffs.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:48 AM
  #213
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,855
vCash: 500
Isn't there a whole other thread for EK's injury discussion?

What are the chances Anderson plays against the Rangers? Or is Lehner or Bishop expected to play?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 02:12 AM
  #214
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Isn't there a whole other thread for EK's injury discussion?

What are the chances Anderson plays against the Rangers? Or is Lehner or Bishop expected to play?
Bishop has been announced the starter for Thursday's game. Andy said he's not ruling out playing Saturday.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:06 AM
  #215
kurt
the last emperor
 
kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Bishop has been announced the starter for Thursday's game. Andy said he's not ruling out playing Saturday.
Thanks. Just saw the Bishop announcement.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:45 PM
  #216
littleD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to littleD
Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens 3m
Craig Anderson will not be available tomorrow or Tuesday. He needs more practice time.

https://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/317693086333554689

littleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
  #217
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens 3m
Craig Anderson will not be available tomorrow or Tuesday. He needs more practice time.

https://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/317693086333554689
Normally I'd question if he can play up to the standards he set before the injury, but considering how well we started the season after noit playing for nearly 6 months Im not so sure!

PoutineSp00nZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:53 PM
  #218
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens 3m
Craig Anderson will not be available tomorrow or Tuesday. He needs more practice time.

https://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/317693086333554689
For me this is good news, if practice is all he needs then he should take as much time as he want as long as there are no setbacks and he is 100% when he comes back. Now come on spezza!

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:40 PM
  #219
Midas0
Only the best Scouts
 
Midas0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Peterborough, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 500
http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/130329_maclean.mp3

MacLean said that Anderson returning before the playoffs is only a possibility...

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  #220
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24,778
vCash: 500
What the ******* IS GOING ON.

Anderson goes from day to day to possibly missing the season?

Spezza goes from 2 month rehab and worst case scenario back on April 3rdish to not even playing the whole year?

Something just tells me the news of them possibly coming back is just to raise morale?

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:58 PM
  #221
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,292
vCash: 500
I wonder if this "aggressive" rehab might not be as good as some have been saying.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
  #222
ChocolateLeclaire
Moderator
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Silfverberg View Post
http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/130329_maclean.mp3

MacLean said that Anderson returning before the playoffs is only a possibility...
Gamesmanship at its finest. Why let your competition know when Anderson is going to start his first game? He's going on the road trip with the guys and the Sens already tweeted he just wants more practice time to work the rust off.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:08 PM
  #223
ChocolateLeclaire
Moderator
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
What the ******* IS GOING ON.

Anderson goes from day to day to possibly missing the season?

Spezza goes from 2 month rehab and worst case scenario back on April 3rdish to not even playing the whole year?

Something just tells me the news of them possibly coming back is just to raise morale?
And Cowen was supposed to be all season and there he is on the ice hitting Silfverberg.

It's the NHL where any advantage you can get, you take. It's all about misinformation through the press especially with the trade deadline around the corner.

The guys in the locker room know exactly what's happening with their teammates. Way more than we or the press do.

As for Anderson, I bet he doesn't start until right after the trade deadline. They are trying to maximize either Bishop or Lehner's value and what better way than to say: "look, this guy is one of our starting goalies, he's too valuable to us with Anderson possibly out for the season..."

Team that's interested then ups its trade to pry one of our young studs away.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:29 PM
  #224
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
And Cowen was supposed to be all season and there he is on the ice hitting Silfverberg.

It's the NHL where any advantage you can get, you take. It's all about misinformation through the press especially with the trade deadline around the corner.

The guys in the locker room know exactly what's happening with their teammates. Way more than we or the press do.

As for Anderson, I bet he doesn't start until right after the trade deadline. They are trying to maximize either Bishop or Lehner's value and what better way than to say: "look, this guy is one of our starting goalies, he's too valuable to us with Anderson possibly out for the season..."

Team that's interested then ups its trade to pry one of our young studs away.
This.

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:40 AM
  #225
senatorsburly
Registered User
 
senatorsburly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Anderson is traveling with the team for the 7 game road trip, and says possibly will start on Friday night.
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/01/...sens-road-trip

senatorsburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.