HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bad + Bad = Battle for the Bottom

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 11:59 AM
  #76
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Something that could help Hodgson a bit on the defensive side of things is getting defensive center on the team. It would reduce the amount of times he is forced to play defense against tougher offensive players. He still obviously needs to work on his defensive game (understatement I know) but putting him into a more purely offensive role should help a bit or at least minimize the damage.
I agree completely.

I would hope any move involving a "core" player, would return that type of player, plus a future piece.

hence my peverly/koko/2nd proposal

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:07 PM
  #77
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Something that could help Hodgson a bit on the defensive side of things is getting defensive center on the team. It would reduce the amount of times he is forced to play defense against tougher offensive players. He still obviously needs to work on his defensive game (understatement I know) but putting him into a more purely offensive role should help a bit or at least minimize the damage.
Even really good defensive players have a hard time shutting down guys like MSL/Stamkos. No doubt Cody would benefit from not having to try to do it as a sophomore with questionable defensive upside.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:11 PM
  #78
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 33,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Even really good defensive players have a hard time shutting down guys like MSL/Stamkos. No doubt Cody would benefit from not having to try to do it as a sophomore with questionable defensive upside.
Its not about him struggling against one specific player/team. He's struggled in our zone against many different players and teams. Its about slotting him into his proper role and minimizing the amount he plays in situations that don't suit him well. Nothing wrong with being a primarily offensive top 6 center.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:02 PM
  #79
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
even though Enroth has nearly identical goals against... and a similar save %?

Even thought the only time Enroth got "starter" time (when miller was injured/concussed a few years ago)... he put up fantastic numbers and almost single handedly got them a playoff spot?

goalies performance is almost all relative to the team around them

saying things like "top 10 goalie" or "elite goalie" is generally total nonsense
Bull ****

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:39 PM
  #80
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Bull ****
I agree, "Ryan Miller is an elite/top 10 goalie"... is total Bull ****

the only goalies that deserve a label other than "starting goalie", are those that get their team into the playoffs regularly, and regularly win playoff series...

everyone else is just another starter

I hope Bobrovsky or Crawford win the Vezina this year, so we can stop using it as evidence of anything relative to Miller being anything more than "normal".

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
  #81
boots electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*g rind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*gri nd*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind *grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*g rind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*gri nd*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind *grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*g rind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*gri nd*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind*grind *grind*grind*grind*
Thanks for the input, Jame

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:04 PM
  #82
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I agree, "Ryan Miller is an elite/top 10 goalie"... is total Bull ****

the only goalies that deserve a label other than "starting goalie", are those that get their team into the playoffs regularly, and regularly win playoff series...

everyone else is just another starter

I hope Bobrovsky or Crawford win the Vezina this year, so we can stop using it as evidence of anything relative to Miller being anything more than "normal".
So Osgood and Fluery get another label than Starter while Miller, Lundqvist and Kipersoff do not?

That's your opinion, you don't need to sell others on it. Quite frankly one 1% of the population might agree with you


Last edited by 1972: 03-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.
1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
  #83
Elum
Registered User
 
Elum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
So Osgood gets another label than Starter while Miller, Lundqvist and Kipersoff do not?

That's your opinion, you don't need to see others on it. Quite frankly one 1% of the population might agree with you
I was going to use MAF as an example, but yours works too.

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:20 PM
  #84
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
So Osgood and Fluery get another label than Starter while Miller, Lundqvist and Kipersoff do not?

That's your opinion, you don't need to sell others on it. Quite frankly one 1% of the population might agree with you
wouldn't it be nice if that entire Detroit era was omitted from being used in any hockey argument? Let's just say, "Nik Lidstrom is God, therefor nothing Detroit did during his career can be referenced in argument"


Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
  #85
TheHoff
Registered User
 
TheHoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Once again, Myers had a complete blow-out game. Imo, he wasn't really really "better" in the last games anyway. It's still very hard to watch the game when he's out there. Seriously don't know what to do with this guy...

TheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:55 PM
  #86
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Don't get it twisted. Miller is a good goalie. He still shows flashes of brilliance, but I really think his confidence has taken a HUGE hit. He is not playing well... At all. I still think he can play at a high level... But it really doesn't look like his mind is with the Sabres.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.