HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread III It's Christmas, will we get diamonds or coal?

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
I have very little interest in Yandle, especially for Hjalmarsson.

We already have one of the deepest defenses in the league. Not many teams can easily roll three pairings like we can.

A better center for Kane is all I can really ask for, and hopefully Bolland becomes just that because I know we aren't going to be trading for one.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd do your Yandle deal.

For Talbot, I'd give a 2nd next year and Beach.
The Hawks are already going to have a short draft this year. To do it again next year...that's just going to insure this team sucks in about 5 or 6 years. No thanks.

Our defense is fine as is IMO.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:30 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
The Hawks are already going to have a short draft this year. To do it again next year...that's just going to insure this team sucks in about 5 or 6 years. No thanks.

Unless Frolik is going along with Hammer/Oduya, Yandle deal still doesn't fit next year anyway.

PHX wouldn't do that trade, and the Hawks wouldn't do a trade involving Hammer + picks/prospect.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Guess we should send Leddy down and call up Olsen.
.... or pick up a tough stay at home dman like Pens did. In this playoff year, there is absolutely no reason for a Hawk fan to believe that we won't be dominated again behind the net and around our goal line. It's the same stick checking crew back there, who will be getting most of the minutes against the ops top lines. Rozy and Brookbank will help somewhat but not enough that I can see.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
madgoat33

murray may be stay at home but he's basically a turnstyle these days.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
thedarkstark

Why on earth would we trade for anything other than a 2nd/3rd line C (somebody who can win a damn faceoff) or a #1 goalie?

We're all set on defense. If Montador ever comes back we're rolling like 8 deep on D-men (Keith, Seabs, Hammer, Oduya, Leddy, Roszival, Brookbank, Montador).

And once Sharp/Hossa come back we've got more skill than just about anyone in the league maybe excluding Pittsburgh now that they got Morrow/Iginla.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:12 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
murray may be stay at home but he's basically a turnstyle these days.
Yes, so I keep hearing. Pens seem to think he can help them and they are arguably regarded by most as the best team in hockey. It is great that we have such a mobile defense crew but we won't always have the puck. I think most agree that we are vulnerable back there and not every dman has to be fleet footed to keep the ops at bay in our own end.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:16 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
.... or pick up a tough stay at home dman like Pens did. In this playoff year, there is absolutely no reason for a Hawk fan to believe that we won't be dominated again behind the net and around our goal line. It's the same stick checking crew back there, who will be getting most of the minutes against the ops top lines. Rozy and Brookbank will help somewhat but not enough that I can see.
The way things are now shaping up (and barring an unlikely first round matchup with the Kings), we have a good chance to get through the first round with our defense as is. After that however, things will get tougher and I could see Rozy moving up to play with Hjammer if Oduya cannot handle the heavy forecheck. I think Rozy could be a big factor in how far we go this spring.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:19 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose vasko View Post
The way things are now shaping up (and barring an unlikely first round matchup with the Kings), we have a good chance to get through the first round with our defense as is. After that however, things will get tougher and I could see Rozy moving up to play with Hjammer if Oduya cannot handle the heavy forecheck. I think Rozy could be a big factor in how far we go this spring.
You're talking to a guy that lives in an alternate reality where Mike Komisarek is a perennial Norris winner.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
I disagree, Oduya is a liability but we still need to keep 1 more man back than the sum of the other teams forecheck. It's the lazy changes and reliance on having only the D pairs back that hurt. Smart teams keep their center on the ice and have different breakout plays for those situations. Our D pairings are easily top 5 in the league.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:25 PM
HockeySensible
'13 Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post

Uh, do you have any idea how strong Chicago's pipeline is? They're going to be overflowing, starting next year, and it will only continue for the next 5-6 years.

Morin, Pirri, J.Hayes, Smith, Stanton are all arguabley NHL ready right now.

Olsen, Clendening, Dahlbeck, Johns, Danault, McNeill, Beach and Ross aren't far from the NHL.

And then you have your next tier in Teravinen, K.Hayes, A/T.Broadhurst, Fournier, Calnan, Hinostroza, Mattson, Brown, Paliotta, Shalunov and Nordstrom who'll all be ready in 1-5 years.

As long as Chicago doesn't trade it, they'll add another 1st round pick to the pipeline this year and as they've shown recently, they can grab quality players after the 3rd round (they have two 4ths this year).

Now, of course not every one of those prospects are going to be NHL players. But, that's not the point. The point is, there's a lot of quality prospects coming through Chicago's system in the next 1-5 years and it's not like Chicago has tons of spots to fill.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:28 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yes, so I keep hearing. Pens seem to think he can help them and they are arguably regarded by most as the best team in hockey. It is great that we have such a mobile defense crew but we won't always have the puck. I think most agree that we are vulnerable back there and not every dman has to be fleet footed to keep the ops at bay in our own end.
oh i agree we don't need a team of speedy dmen, but murray had looked bad this year imo

Old
03-29-2013, 03:50 PM
moose vasko

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
I disagree, Oduya is a liability but we still need to keep 1 more man back than the sum of the other teams forecheck. It's the lazy changes and reliance on having only the D pairs back that hurt. Smart teams keep their center on the ice and have different breakout plays for those situations. Our D pairings are easily top 5 in the league.
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about (we both acknowledge that Oduya is a question mark), but while good puck support will help him (and having the wingers hold up the forecheckers wouldn't hurt either although it's not so easy these days), you can't hide him and it's not just losing battles--he does tend to cough it up pretty easily. If our pairings are top 5 as you say, that's fine, but doesn't mean much when down to the last 8 then 4 teams. We'll see how it plays out, but I just think Rozy might be a better choice later on for handling the heavy lifting. I hope he stays healthy.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:08 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about (we both acknowledge that Oduya is a question mark), but while good puck support will help him (and having the wingers hold up the forecheckers wouldn't hurt either although it's not so easy these days), you can't hide him and it's not just losing battles--he does tend to cough it up pretty easily. If our pairings are top 5 as you say, that's fine, but doesn't mean much when down to the last 8 then 4 teams. We'll see how it plays out, but I just think Rozy might be a better choice later on for handling the heavy lifting. I hope he stays healthy.
I think we're just spoiled and Oduya is average. Keith, Seabs, Hammer, Leddy, Rozi, (Campbell) are all excellent at breaking out of strong pressure on the forecheck for the most part. It's still a calculated risk though.

It's unacceptable to give teams who rely on the forecheck that opportunity. When Q sees this he needs to make sure all of Toews/Kane/Shaw/Kruger stay back as their linemates change and render the forecheck useless. This, in turn, makes teams like Phoenix, St. Louis, Los Angeles and Anaheim look stupid because you make a big part of their game and effort level a waste of time. Worst case scenario is a young talented player gets double shifted and I have no problem with that nor do they.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:50 PM
kenfury

What is Kyle Beach's value to the blackhawks organization at this point? It seems other players have jumped over him in the org chart.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
I would say no value at all but there are still some Beach defenders around that will try to claim he has value

Old
03-29-2013, 06:20 PM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Yandel is a whining POS. No thanks.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:05 PM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I would say no value at all but there are still some Beach defenders around that will try to claim he has value
Held on to him way too long. Just like Bowman is holding on and lose value of many prospects.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

We get nothing. It's Bowman.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:33 PM
madgoat33

he's made deadline moves the past 2 seasons...

Old
03-29-2013, 07:51 PM
HockeySensible
'13 Champions

Quote:
You honestly believe there's not an NHL GM/Pro scout in the NHL that wouldn't take a chance on Beach? Because that's exactly what you're saying when you say he has no value.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

I have no doubt some GM will take a chance thinking he can be something

But I dont expect anything that would be defined as valuable coming to Hawks for him

7th for Beach
Conditional 7th for Beach
Future considerations for Beach

That is the value I would place on Beach ,, Which is no real value at all

Like I said I expect team (Hopefully) not to even bother bringing him back in offseason.. Hasn't shown anything to warrant wasting anymore of Hawks time

Old
03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
kenfury

Quote:
I have no doubt some GM will take a chance thinking he can be something

But I dont expect anything that would be defined as valuable coming to Hawks for him

7th for Beach
Conditional 7th for Beach
Future considerations for Beach

That is the value I would place on Beach ,, Which is no real value at all

Like I said I expect team (Hopefully) not to even bother bringing him back in offseason.. Hasn't shown anything to warrant wasting anymore of Hawks time
WellI say this as a Sabres fan in Seattle who watched him for years in Jr. I dont think he is done, but rather, needs a classic change of scenery. I watched him tear up the WHL and cant believe a talent like that cant translate to the NHL even if only in a "grind line" scenario. But hey that's just me.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:19 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Looks like Dallas is going to win tonight, I was hoping they'd go on a little losing streak and then look at the remaining schedule to realize they need to be sellers at the deadline.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Anthony SanFilippo ‏@AnthonySan37 2m

We have a #Flyers trade: Flyers have acquired defenseman Kent Huskins from the Detroit Red Wings for a conditional draft pick in 2014 #NHL

Closed Thread