HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avs @ Canucks 8 PM MDT || Ugh

Old
03-29-2013, 12:35 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
^^

Kobasew is arguably our best penalty killer. Averages fourth most ice-time on the PK but is probably the best of the bunch.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
^^

Kobasew is arguably our best penalty killer. Averages fourth most ice-time on the PK but is probably the best of the bunch.
Agreed, also I don't know how anyone could count on Jamie McGinn to be a good PKer when he never showed those skills earlier in his career (both pro and junior). David Jones was the far better PKer of the two of them and he was nothing special.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:57 PM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
Quote:
^^

Ah yes forgot about Kobasew, he's definitely seen a resurgence in his game this season compared to last. And to the above poster, McGinn is better than David Jones lol, but if it came down to Kobasew and McGinn I'd put Kobasew

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Jones is alright blocking shots and whatnot, but watching him try to get the puck out of the zone is painful sometimes.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Jones is alright blocking shots and whatnot, but watching him try to get the puck out of the zone is painful sometimes.
The amount of times Jones has turned the puck over or fumbled a good pass in the neutral zone during transition makes me want to

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:24 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Jones sucks at just about anything that has to do with hockey

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Ah yes forgot about Kobasew, he's definitely seen a resurgence in his game this season compared to last. And to the above poster, McGinn is better than David Jones lol, but if it came down to Kobasew and McGinn I'd put Kobasew
I understand that this current Jones and his piss poor play are clouding peoples judgement, but Jones was by far the better PKer than McGinn entering this season. But my main point was that Jones isn't even an average PKer and McGinn is even worse.

Jay McClement did wonders for the Leafs PK this year, if we managed to keep him it would've been a big coup for us and it would keep our skill guys like Stastny and Duchene and defensive sieves like McGinn and Jones away from our PK.

Last edited by Ivan13: 03-29-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Yeah, Jay Mac was key in many different aspects. Ultimate team player, great work ethic, great practice player, talkative on the bench, smart hockey player. He went back home for less money than not only we offered, but a few other teams offered as well. Can't fault him for that, dude's all class.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Yeah, Jay Mac was key in many different aspects. Ultimate team player, great work ethic, great practice player, talkative on the bench, smart hockey player. He went back home for less money than not only we offered, but a few other teams offered as well. Can't fault him for that, dude's all class.
Somehow that made me like him even more depite the fact that he left the Avs. I wish him all the best even tough he's playing for the Leafs.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Jones sucks at just about anything that has to do with hockey
Here's the big problem with him, he is horrible in transition. He fumbles so many passes and can't chip the puck out of the zone. He is a big reason we can't dump and chase and why we get pinned in the zone. I don't and never have hated his play in the offensive zone, but he just kills us in other areas.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote