HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

Old
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
I remember watching that draft on TV. Beaulieu was not supposed to fall to 18, and was in fact projected to go top 10 on most mock drafts. Looking on wikipedia he was ranked the 5th best prospect in the entire draft, even before Couturier and Ryan Strome.

I remember we already had Subban and Tinordi was picked the year before, and the smile on Trevor Timmins face when they called him up to make the announcement was very noteworthy.
And If you re-do that draft, Im pretty sure Beaulieu would get picked way earlier, Im not sure Flyers would pick Couturier over Beaulieu if they had another chance.. I saw a couple of Flyers games this year and Couturier's place should be in the AHL, I just dont like his game at all.. Flyers are seriously lacking quality blueliners, Im pretty sure they would rather have Beaulieu in their system..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
They will run out of time before Ellis gets a chance, in my opinion. Deadline is Wednesday.
Yep, agree, dont think they will callup Ellis..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Also add Thrower and Dietz to that list of young promising dmen.. The Habs future looks good on D.
Thrower has done nothing to be considered a serious NHL prospect this year, he will possibly start in the ECHL next year and will have ALOT to prove...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
I don't think you will see Ellis anytime soon. He hasn't had a point since like December. He's not 22 years old like Pateryn or a 1st rounder like the other 2, it's only normal his development curve is longer.

It's pretty clear management got together at some point last month and decided they would give several of these kid defencemen a small taste with a spot open due to Diaz's injury.

Thank god the Gorges-Bouillon horror show on the PP will be interrupted.

Kaberle has been mothballed to avoid injury. Can't buyout an injured player.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I like. Team is playing good this year, good timing to try them out with not a lot of pressure. I love the new management.
Came to say basically the same thing. Instead of bringing them up under more "dire" circumstances, and maybe asking/expecting too much of them on a slumping team, they get to test themselves as part of perhaps a more comfortable, positive, winning/successful environment. You're allowed a certain number of games to take a look at kids without affecting their contract/status (just their paycheck, hehe), and we've got a lot of kids nearing the cusp of graduation, so it's good to see Bergevin and the lads identifying the good timing to be proactive with their development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbhabfan View Post
Awesome move, love the plan, expose them to the bigs, & don't forget, it also gives these young men a few extra dollars in their jeans. They'll clear in a week & a half what they get in a season in Hamilton. I know that Robert Mayer was called up for one game as the back up goalie & made an extra $5K. He's not at the same level as these guys but that extra dough was appreciated by him. This is again a CLASS organization, love it!
Exactly. If Bergevin is cleared to use the whole cap, there's no better time to make the easy decision to use some of it to reward/give incentive to the young guys you're hoping will work their hardest to make it to the next level. With the team enjoying success right now, it's a good time to introduce them to Therrien's expectations, too. That it benefits scouting and evaluation is simply a bonus, that makes getting someone to sign the appropriate paperwork a mere formality; rather than an actual decision.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 03-29-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Also, maybe just a coincidence...the Habs calling him up 2 days after the Sarnia Sting got eliminated is classy. It allows his father to watch his debut in person.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Also, maybe just a coincidence...the Habs calling him up 2 days after the Sarnia Sting got eliminated is classy. It allows his father to watch his debut in person.
At first I read that as "in prison", and was like "wtf", and thought you were being sarcastic.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
DJ Breadman

I think this is a great approach let these young guys come up for a bit so they'll know what they need to do mentally and physically for next year

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:23 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Kaberle has been mothballed to avoid injury. Can't buyout an injured player.
I think that decision was made after Kaberle was played a bit and Bergevin saw no trade interest.

Which is too bad. I think he SHOULD be able to play for a weaker team that needs a PP guy who can also get point ES.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Nbhabfan

Quote:
Wow, if they're taking those things into consideration in the timing, & thinking that far down the line, I'm even more impressed with the way things are being run now!!!!:ha ndclap:

Nbhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I think that decision was made after Kaberle was played a bit and Bergevin saw no trade interest.

Which is too bad. I think he SHOULD be able to play for a weaker team that needs a PP guy who can also get point ES.
I think that started as soon as Subban was signed. With Subban out they were willing to risk Kaberle getting hurt, but not as an injury sub.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbhabfan View Post
Wow, if they're taking those things into consideration in the timing, & thinking that far down the line, I'm even more impressed with the way things are being run now!!!!:ha ndclap:
Gotta love Bergevin and his crew. They are turning the Habs back into a classy organization once again, how refreshing! This team is in good hands for the future

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
He will probably play 4-5 games like Tinordi and Pateryn did. The organisation will do auditions up-until Diaz's return.
This. Nice to see Beaulieu get a chance. I like Tinordi but he still has some things to work on.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Have a feeling he is going to be wearing 28, even though he had 40 in his first training camp.
Looks like I'm wrong, he is going to stick with 40

Kinda glad, him and Gorges would look the same, both are about the same size and I believe both kinda tuck their jersey so we wouldn't know which is which.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:05 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik352 View Post
Really excited to see how Beaulieu has progressed, should also mean less time on ice for Subban who would be way too tired come playoff time if he keeps playing 30 min per game

Also, not that I care about him but that really sucks for Kaberle...seeing 3 prospect called up to play in front of you as well as Weber...beeing #10-11 defenseman sure has to be hard mentally
I get a feeling that they want a completely healthy Kaberle so that he can be bought out without any issue.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Bieber fever

Taste of the NHL + ~20k $ . Good gift for the kids

Bieber fever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:10 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Gotta love Bergevin and his crew. They are turning the Habs back into a classy organization once again, how refreshing! This team is in good hands for the future
Except for Kaberle and Weber and Nokia, right?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
yoyo999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
I find you can also tell he has amped up his scouting in Quebec. A lot of guys who dominated their Q teams are getting Hamilton try-out. (Alex Belzile, that goalie from sherbrooke)

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Tyson

Skills wise Nathan is NHL ready. He is the best skater I have seen in a while. He can play defense, just needs to be more consistent in his own end. He was made to be an offensive defenseman!
He is also a pretty tough kid. He will be fun to watch!

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Skills wise Nathan is NHL ready. He is the best skater I have seen in a while. He can play defense, just needs to be more consistent in his own end. He was made to be an offensive defenseman!
He is also a pretty tough kid. He will be fun to watch!
That is not true... yet

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Except for Kaberle and Weber and Nokia, right?
Exactly, those three are not part of the Habs' future. Beaulieu, Tinordi and co are...

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

First thought after reading the post is that there should be no more bouillon/gorges on the 2nd PP.

I hope emelin gets a chance too.

From a limited sample last year, emelin looked like he knew what he was doing on the PP. He's not afraid to shoot, and can keep the shot low, and also displayed the ability to execute some neat cross ice passes.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:06 PM
AmeriHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Looks like I'm wrong, he is going to stick with 40

Kinda glad, him and Gorges would look the same, both are about the same size and I believe both kinda tuck their jersey so we wouldn't know which is which.
Until we see them shoot, then we'll know

AmeriHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Rick16

So, tomorrow will be Beaulieu and Gallant reunion. That's a big plus for Nathan

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Mrb1p

Sad to see Titites go down, Happy to see Beaulieu come up!(I've yet to find a nickname, sorry.)

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:33 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Sad to see Titites go down, Happy to see Beaulieu come up!(I've yet to find a nickname, sorry.)
I just call him BwyLO

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Et le But

I heard someone call him Brolieu, 'cause he's a total bro.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote