Old
03-29-2013, 09:05 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Jesus Christ
No, I do not think that Jesus Christ would be enough to pry MSL away from Tampa.

But on the Jagr thing...

I still think anyone you can add to the top six, especially with some scoring touch, helps not only the top of your lineup, but the bottom as well. He might slot into that third line, or he might push someone else down, either way, it helps to increase your depth. Jagr is the type of player that makes others around him better. He would also become your best power play player the moment he steps on the ice.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:46 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

I am fully in support of acquiring Jagr.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Voted "Most sarcastic man on Earth" by GloryDaze4877. So Proud.
Old
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdLiner View Post
On the trade board TBL fans asking for Lucic + 2013 1st + 2014 1st + Koko + Bart
Lmao lightning fans :

Old
03-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
This has Chia written all over it.. give up assets for someone you could have just signed in the offseason.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:14 AM
GoBs

Koko + Bart + 1st for

Jagr + Robidas?

Edit: Just saw the trade rumors section. Seems like fair value.

Last edited by GoBs: 03-29-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old
03-29-2013, 10:25 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
This has Chia written all over it.. give up assets for someone you could have just signed in the offseason.
Can't be sure but I thought I remember reading last spring that Jagr had/has zero interest in playing for Boston.

If so.. then no, he couldn't have just signed him in the offseason

Old
03-29-2013, 03:14 PM
TCL40

I would take Jagr.

The man is 40 or 41 somewhere in there and puts goals up like they are nothing.

I think the fact that he has already played with Krejci would make the transition easier.

I think if he doesn't work out I would rather see Chia look for an actual Horton upgrade that will be here for a few seasons (but this might not be an option for the trade deadline given the higher costs to trade).

Old
03-29-2013, 03:24 PM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Murray View Post
Personally I think he would be money with Krejci.
^Bingo

I know Jagr has left a bad taste in the mouths of many hockey fans, but he's an ideal rental and I truly feel that Krejci/Jagr could possibly rise to the level of last season's Giroux/Jagr duo.

IIRC Krejci idolizes Jagr, which doesn't hurt. However the deal must be reasonable... and we all know that if acquired, he wont crack 15 min with Claude at the helm

Old
03-29-2013, 03:49 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr q View Post
^Bingo

I know Jagr has left a bad taste in the mouths of many hockey fans, but he's an ideal rental and I truly feel that Krejci/Jagr could possibly rise to the level of last season's Giroux/Jagr duo.

IIRC Krejci idolizes Jagr, which doesn't hurt. However the deal must be reasonable... and we all know that if acquired, he wont crack 15 min with Claude at the helm
Bet he would do more with those 15 minutes the rest of the season than Lucic and Horton have done the whole season.

Does Jagre play left or right? Can he play either side?

Old
03-29-2013, 04:14 PM
KillerBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
Jagr>>Iginla.

Better passer, better playmaker, stronger on the puck, better decision maker, and better in the playoffs.

If people want to question his leadership, Laviolette said he was amazing for the Flyers locker-room last year.

I've wanted Jagr in Boston badly, and he won't cost a fortune.
Exactly right and i think he could be a huge pickup for the Bruins playing with Lucic and Krejci!! Soderberg will be over soon so you keep the Bergy line the same and slot Horton with Peverley and Soderberg, if that dont work out we get Kelly back hopefully before the playoffs and Sods goes in Thorntons spot.

So basically Chia picks up Jagr and a free Soderberg which means he could also add another depth dman (Leopold would be great)

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Peverley-Soderberg/Kelly-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton/Soderberg

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Ference/Mcquaid-Leopold

Looks like a serious playoffs contender to me

I would offer Caron and a 2nd/3rd for Jagr. For Leopold i would offer a 3rd

Last edited by KillerBruins: 03-29-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Fat Jughead

Yes please.

I think he'd take a lot of pressure off of Looch and Krejci (if that's the line) in the puck possession game. Particularly Looch though. Get Looch off the wall and in front of the net more where he should be.

I think Jagr's got enough left in the tank to do for Looch what he did for Hartsy last year. Gotta find a way to get that line going again. Good fit in my eyes.

Couldn't hurt to have Jagr out there on the PP as well... might not help it either, but definitely couldn't hurt it.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:57 PM
24giovanni

If I was Chia I would be all over for getting Jagr. Just as good of a player as Iggy. I would even give Jagr an extension.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
DaStinger
Clode Logic

vCash: 477
Send a message via MSN to DaStinger
I would take Jagr all day.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Neely08

Was never a fan of him coming here. Just didn't think his personality would jive w/ the identity this team was known for, add the system we play which demands discipline defensively.

LKH line desperately needs speed. At the least someone who can stretch the ice out a little bit more, not to mention rip it. Jags can still do that. Still has that inhuman reach and big body, knows how to protect the puck. Like Bill says, could jive nicely w/ the possession game DK plays, not to mention light a fire under him. Savard sure thinks so. Jags wouldn't hurt the PP, either.

Clowe just scares me. Agree the 3rd line needs a big body and scoring acumen. But Clowe isn't doing much of the latter. Sounds like they have him priced pretty high, too. Jagr pushes Horton down to the 3rd line.

If it's true he didn't want to sign here? Oh well, don't want to twist his jarmy. Have had my fill of that this week.

Last edited by Neely08: 03-30-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 12:36 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Bet he would do more with those 15 minutes the rest of the season than Lucic and Horton have done the whole season.

Does Jagre play left or right? Can he play either side?
Has always played right wing as far as I know. So, assuming he'd push Horton down to the 3rd line.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:22 AM
averagealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Murray View Post
When the Bruins "deal" for Iginla was announced yesterday I thought the Bruins overpaid. To hear it didn't go through, I thought what could be next for the B's on the trade market.

What do you Bruins fans think about Jagr? Obviously still has a ton of skill and can provide a nice veteran leadership presence. Besides who wouldn't want that mullet here in town!

Think about it. He has shown great chemistry with Krejci while playing in tournaments for the Czech's and still has a ton of talent that could help the power play. Has 25 points this season so his production hasn't been an issue.

Dare I say what if you convince him to stick around for another season. Trade Krejci in the off-season and finally move Seguin to center. Jagr is credited a lot with Claude Giroux's jump last season, could he help the Bruins top youngster.

Can the Bruins move Krejci for Bobby Ryan, which was talked about a lot last summer.

Imagine this next season...

Lucic-Seguin-Jagr
Marchand-Bergeron-Ryan
Spooner-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Can always re-sign Horton too. Maybe short term makes sense while you figure out Spooner and his concussion issues. Can always go with Kelly-Peverley-Horton as the 3rd line.

Lots of possibilities for the Bruins. Not getting Iginla isn't the end of the world. Getting Jagr likely wouldn't cost you Koko either. Koko has a ton of skill, I am personally excited to see what the kid can do. Give him half a season in Providence next season to see where he is at. Jagr is also a nice stop gap while Koko and Knight get a full season in the AHL.
I don't this is a rational sentiment, but I would be upset to see Krecji leave regardless of the circumstances and who we get for him.

That being said, my mind pretty quickly jumped to Jagr after hearing the news about the Iginla trade, and seeing as it's potentially more of a buyer's market than previously thought, I think it makes sense to go after him. He'd be a lot more of a difference maker than Clowe (an idea that people seem to be entertaining). Whereas Clowe has yet to score a single goal, Jagr has proved that he can score goals as well as anyone on the Bruins, and we need some more goal-scoring talent.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:09 AM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
I like Clowe but I don't see the logic in the Bruins acquiring him this season unless the asking price is extremely reasonable. If we are in need of a forward for depth and goalscoring, then I don't see him being the answer. He has been hurt and goal-less this year.. Anything higher than a 4th round pick would be too much in my opinion.

If I were Chia, I'd offer Krug and a 5th rounder and nothing more.

Old
04-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Richard Murray
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
Hmmmm maybe Chiarelli will hire me. Told you guys he wouldn't cost that much. Didn't cost Koko never mind a first.

04-02-2013, 01:02 PM
TP
Global Moderator

Awards:
Nice call. Talk about it in the other thread.

Closed Thread