HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais (for anything)?

Old
03-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
lol?

Hes easily worth a 2nd and a good prospect.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:42 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
who are you going to pair DD with tho?
Paches isn't going to play on a 3rd line.. never!
We'll Galchenyuk isn't ready to be a top 2 centre yet, Eller has shown flashes, and you can say really hasn't been given the chance to show he is a top 2 centre, so the Habs gave time to decide on what to do with the log jam at centre, but for argument shake lets say Eller and Galchenyuk develop into the 1-2 centre slot.

Something like

Pacioretty-Galychenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Gionta/Replacement
Prust-DD-Ryder/Replacement

I mean its almost pointless because you don't know how the team is going to shape up in year or two times, a lot changes can be made with all the free cap space.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Desharnais put up 60pts in his first full season. This is his sophomore slump year and is on pace for 48 over 82. He will get back to 60 plus next year and will climb to a point a game center in the last two years of his deal. At that stage Galenchuk will have a center role as will Eller. For a team lacking in scoring Desharnais will be an attractive piece. At that time he may be viewed as a keeper.
there is no way you can say DD will become a point per game player.
he had 1 season of 60 and another of 48pts paste.
his likes are most prob be 50-60pts per season. at best 70. but i doubt he gets higher.
Not saying he can't but he's not as good as you're expecting him to be.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:00 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
there is no way you can say DD will become a point per game player.
he had 1 season of 60 and another of 48pts paste.
his likes are most prob be 50-60pts per season. at best 70. but i doubt he gets higher.
Not saying he can't but he's not as good as you're expecting him to be.
Well i agree with you that it is not gauranteed, but at every level he improved on every season from one to the next and i think he will continue that trend. He seems like the type who is driven to prove himself and now he's gonna want to prove Bergevin did not make a mistake with that contract. I think if dd ever gets traded it will be in a package deal where two teams send 2, 3 or 4 players each way trying to fill some needs. He could end up being the pleasant surprise for somebody in their package.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
We'll Galchenyuk isn't ready to be a top 2 centre yet, Eller has shown flashes, and you can say really hasn't been given the chance to show he is a top 2 centre, so the Habs gave time to decide on what to do with the log jam at centre, but for argument shake lets say Eller and Galchenyuk develop into the 1-2 centre slot.

Something like

Pacioretty-Galychenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Gionta/Replacement
Prust-DD-Ryder/Replacement

I mean its almost pointless because you don't know how the team is going to shape up in year or two times, a lot changes can be made with all the free cap space.
yea i understand, you have a good point but trading a small center like DD to get good winger(s) for our future centers that are young like Eller and Chucky would be
a lot more simple then keeping DD and breaking your head to try and find where
to put him and try to find who to pair him with. the thing is DD is small so your limited
with who to put him with. and plus his age which is 3 years older then Eller and
7 older then Chucky. Puts even more chances against him..
especially with Gally on the team we have to much undersized players on the top
6forwards in montreal.. we can't allow ourselves to have him especially because
other younger players are pushing with size a good overall game.
its sucks but thats how it is, if DD was on any other team he'd be a great fit
because no other team has as much undersized players on their top 6.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

If the Caps part with Ribeiro, I would do Mathieu Perreault + middling prospect (Galiev, Djoos, Carrick, etc) for Desharnais. But sending Perreault back to Montreal would be the key. No room for a second undersized playmaking center.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:08 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Well i agree with you that it is not gauranteed, but at every level he improved on every season from one to the next and i think he will continue that trend. He seems like the type who is driven to prove himself and now he's gonna want to prove Bergevin did not make a mistake with that contract. I think if dd ever gets traded it will be in a package deal where two teams send 2, 3 or 4 players each way trying to fill some needs. He could end up being the pleasant surprise for somebody in their package.
the thing here is that yea he got better every level in his career.
but NHL and wtv is below is 2 completely different categories.
but again im not saying he wont get better but i think that he will
not hit higher then a 60-70 point plateau.
Maybe he can prove me wrong but i doubt it.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
yea i understand, you have a good point but trading a small center like DD to get good winger(s) for our future centers that are young like Eller and Chucky would be
a lot more simple then keeping DD and breaking your head to try and find where
to put him and try to find who to pair him with. the thing is DD is small so your limited
with who to put him with. and plus his age which is 3 years older then Eller and
7 older then Chucky. Puts even more chances against him..
especially with Gally on the team we have to much undersized players on the top
6forwards in montreal.. we can't allow ourselves to have him especially because
other younger players are pushing with size a good overall game.
its sucks but thats how it is, if DD was on any other team he'd be a great fit
because no other team has as much undersized players on their top 6.
Well Gionta has been great, I wouldn't be surprised if he is moved this summer, and I think all would agree, that if not traded, after next year, his contract won't be renewed, so the only understand players you have are Gallagher and DD, not an issue at all.

Also I don't think DD is a headcase in regards to finding players to play with him, he did well in his 1st year, had like 22 points in 40 games playing on a 4th line with a mix of Darche, Pouliot and White.

IMO the Habs are going to keep him, Eller and Plek until they feel that Galchenyuk is ready to be a top 2 centre. And many thought that it would be DD that would be gone when Gally would be ready, but signed him to a long term contact, it might not be the case.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:26 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Well Gionta has been great, I wouldn't be surprised if he is moved this summer, and I think all would agree, that if not traded, after next year, his contract won't be renewed, so the only understand players you have are Gallagher and DD, not an issue at all.

Also I don't think DD is a headcase in regards to finding players to play with him, he did well in his 1st year, had like 22 points in 40 games playing on a 4th line with a mix of Darche, Pouliot and White.

IMO the Habs are going to keep him, Eller and Plek until they feel that Galchenyuk is ready to be a top 2 centre. And many thought that it would be DD that would be gone when Gally would be ready, but signed him to a long term contact, it might not be the case.
yea you're right about Gionta. I would agree that they won't renew his contract
in 2 years if he's not getting traded this summer. Gally will take his place.
i just still think that Chucky will be ready a lot faster then we think and DD is gonna
be in the way. especially with Eller pushing and with Peky still in the lineup..
anyways i just feel that one of them will be stuck on the 3rd line rotting because
of the overload on center position and because of a short 26 yr old that has
good playmaking abilities.. I don't see Eller, Chucky or Pleky playing on the 3rd
next year.. That would just make me sad..

Old
03-29-2013, 03:40 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
yea you're right about Gionta. I would agree that they won't renew his contract
in 2 years if he's not getting traded this summer. Gally will take his place.
i just still think that Chucky will be ready a lot faster then we think and DD is gonna
be in the way. especially with Eller pushing and with Peky still in the lineup..
anyways i just feel that one of them will be stuck on the 3rd line rotting because
of the overload on center position and because of a short 26 yr old that has
good playmaking abilities.. I don't see Eller, Chucky or Pleky playing on the 3rd
next year.. That would just make me sad..
I also see Galchenyuk being ready for centre sooner rather than later, which again brings me to question what is management planing to do, I no way DD being traded this or next year. Other then it being really young I actually would like a Galchenyuk/DD-Eller down the middle , but Plekanec has proven to be so important to the team with his two way play that replacing him is pretty hard, and while IMO Eller is going to be just as good or altleast as close to Plekanec in terms of play, he isn't really ready for such a big role.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
I also see Galchenyuk being ready for centre sooner rather than later, which again brings me to question what is management planing to do, I no way DD being traded this or next year. Other then it being really young I actually would like a Galchenyuk/DD-Eller down the middle , but Plekanec has proven to be so important to the team with his two way play that replacing him is pretty hard, and while IMO Eller is going to be just as good or altleast as close to Plekanec in terms of play, he isn't really ready for such a big role.
if Eller gets keeps the same rate of progression. yea he is going to be better
than Pleky next year which is prob gonna be his breakout season.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
If the Caps part with Ribeiro, I would do Mathieu Perreault + middling prospect (Galiev, Djoos, Carrick, etc) for Desharnais. But sending Perreault back to Montreal would be the key. No room for a second undersized playmaking center.
We don't need or want Perrault !! Perrault + mid prospect is an insult for DD !! We won't part DD to get worst ... If we trade him it for an upgrade not a downgrade and Perreault is defenetly a downgrade and we don't need a center we have enough

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
frankthetank91

He kind of reminds me of the Habs version of Bozak.

Not good enough to be on the top line but is because of lack of choice and chemistry, not the ideal 3rd line center either because of size and/or lack of grit. Probably a good 2nd line center but there's already someone who's in that slot (Plekanec/Grabovski)

That's just how I see it, I assume their valued the same.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
if Eller gets keeps the same rate of progression. yea he is going to be better
than Pleky next year which is prob gonna be his breakout season.
That would be great

Don't want to take away anything from Plek, because what he has done is amazing, plays really tough minutes, and plays a lot minutes aswell, and still puts up decent offensive numbers, and I'd be sad to see him go, but I think the return he would great would be the best of the 3 (Eller/DD). But like I said, you need Eller to step up to that level before making a move like that.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Nolan11

Sharks fan coming in peace!

Reportedly you have some interest in Clowe. If DD is available, he could easily replace the reported 1st we want coming back with a good prospect. Something along the lines of DD + Kristo/Leblanc for Clowe + Petrecki (not sure if sharks need to add further) would be the best deal the Sharks could hope to get.

DD is tiny, but its all heart. He is an awesome player and would garner serious interest. Some of the earlier posts about no value seem way too harsh to me.

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:37 PM
hlaverty06

Anything from NJ you like?

We have D we could move, D prospects

Tallinder+Urbom For Desharnais and a late pick?

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:39 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
He kind of reminds me of the Habs version of Bozak.

Not good enough to be on the top line but is because of lack of choice and chemistry, not the ideal 3rd line center either because of size and/or lack of grit. Probably a good 2nd line center but there's already someone who's in that slot (Plekanec/Grabovski)

That's just how I see it, I assume their valued the same.
Plekanec is definitely the 1st line C in MTL. Pleks averages 1-minute more per game in ES/PP minutes.

I don't get the complaints for him being our #2 C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Anything from NJ you like?

We have D we could move, D prospects

Tallinder+Urbom For Desharnais and a late pick?
Is Tallinder hurt? Looking him up on HockeyDB says he's not on the active roster.

90% of Habs fan would say yes to that in a heartbeat based on Urbom's size alone, regardless if he was a good player or not, because they are obsessed with size. I've see him a few times, looks like a good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
We don't need or want Perrault !! Perrault + mid prospect is an insult for DD !! We won't part DD to get worst ... If we trade him it for an upgrade not a downgrade and Perreault is defenetly a downgrade and we don't need a center we have enough
Think you missed the point of this thread.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The infatuation on the Habs' board to trade Desharnais and/or Gionta is absolutely ridiculous.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Chacal667

the return you will get from DD will not worth what he bring to the habs, he is in a bad pace but I'm confident that he will redress the situation

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:24 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

Is Tallinder hurt? Looking him up on HockeyDB says he's not on the active roster.

90% of Habs fan would say yes to that in a heartbeat based on Urbom's size alone, regardless if he was a good player or not, because they are obsessed with size. I've see him a few times, looks like a good player.

Minor lower body strain he is going to be back very soon its nothing major. He's very mobile for a 6'3" guy, Urbom is younger and he's showed he can play at the NHL level we just have log jam of D

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:30 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
For a second...absolutely. I think he'd be a great line ate for Kane.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:18 PM
glenbuis

Desharnais for Stoner

Old
03-29-2013, 09:49 PM
detredWINgs

Is this a joke? Half the league wants and/or needs center depth, and a handful of teams are practically begging for a 2nd line center.

$3.5M for a center that can put up 45 points is a decent contract, let alone one who can put up 60 points.

He's easily worth a 2nd + a modest prospect or depth player.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:55 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Sharks fan coming in peace!

Reportedly you have some interest in Clowe. If DD is available, he could easily replace the reported 1st we want coming back with a good prospect. Something along the lines of DD + Kristo/Leblanc for Clowe + Petrecki (not sure if sharks need to add further) would be the best deal the Sharks could hope to get.

DD is tiny, but its all heart. He is an awesome player and would garner serious interest. Some of the earlier posts about no value seem way too harsh to me.
If we knew we could resign Clowe, I would do dd plus Leblanc for Clowe and a second.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
glenbuis

Maybe DD for Smid