HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
I was not advocating trading VV, far from it. Just replying to the Vanek post. That is the type of player Buffalo would demand from LA, they wouldn't move him in a deal where the key pieces going there way was our backup goaltender and a struggling former 1st round pick.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Mats26
Cup Champs

Kopitar is the only untouchable on this team.
If Yoynov will be asking OEL type money then we need to consider our options. As long as we have Doughty we can't afford 2 7million dollar defensemen.
Yoynov is good, very good but he is being sheltered by Doughty playing as a 3rd D.
Letang and Subban are true 1D and are in the 2.5-3.5 per year range. That's what I'll give Voynov as a bridge contract.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Subban might be the most underpaid player in the league this season. Not counting players on ELC's, and even then a case can be made.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats26 View Post
If Yoynov will be asking OEL type money then we need to consider our options. As long as we have Doughty we can't afford 2 7million dollar defensemen.
Yoynov is good, very good but he is being sheltered by Doughty playing as a 3rd D.
Letang and Subban are true 1D and are in the 2.5-3.5 per year range. That's what I'll give Voynov as a bridge contract.
I agree. Wouldn't trade him for Vanek due to contract price and minimum length. If Dallas on the other hand would listen to offers on Louis E I would trade Voynov in a heartbeat and I love Voynov.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats26 View Post
Here's the problem if we don't pay Voynov someone will. And say they give him the same offer as OEL. That's 5.5M AAV over 6 years. That would be an offer sheet of 6.6M for compensation. So that would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. Talk about a bad return. But we are going to be forced to give I think at least 4M and maybe even what OEL got or get a bad return.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Part of me wants to see the team trade Stoll, acquire Fleischmann (either in the same deal or two separate deals), and roll these lines:

Brown-Kopi-Williams
Flash-Carter-Toff
Penner/King-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Fras-Nolan

Problem is I see that 2nd line really struggling. Need some strength, physicality, and puck retrieving ability on that line and neither of those 3 are really good in those areas.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:33 PM
RonSwanson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I agree. Wouldn't trade him for Vanek due to contract price and minimum length. If Dallas on the other hand would listen to offers on Louis E I would trade Voynov in a heartbeat and I love Voynov.
I wouldn't trade Voynov for Eriksson.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I wouldn't trade Voynov for Eriksson.
me either

Old
03-29-2013, 05:35 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Part of me wants to see the team trade Stoll, acquire Fleischmann (either in the same deal or two separate deals), and roll these lines:

Brown-Kopi-Williams
Flash-Carter-Toff
Penner/King-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Fras-Nolan

Problem is I see that 2nd line really struggling. Need some strength, physicality, and puck retrieving ability on that line and neither of those 3 are really good in those areas.
I know it's cliche, but, faceoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...fPercentageAll

Just with the road faceoffs alone. Stoll is way ahead of anyone on the team. You would get rid of that to bring in a winger that you're not even sure would make the 2nd line decent? Stoll is far from a perfect player, but that's crazy.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Flash is way overpaid. 4.5 million for guy who has never done anything in the playoffs? Nah. Plus, I'm beginning to appreciate Stoll.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Flash is way overpaid. 4.5 million .
Agreed. If it were this year only, I would be fine with it , but more more years? **** no!

Old
03-29-2013, 06:09 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Right. Forgot about Flash's contract. For some reason I thought his cap hit was only $3.5M

Old
03-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Right. Forgot about Flash's contract. For some reason I thought his cap hit was only $3.5M
Come on ... just drop the hate ... embrace the Stoll ... you know you want to ... come on ... it's just Stoll ... touch it, hug it ... there ya go ... now love it, it's Stoll.

See that was easy, , it's Stoll, he don't bite.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:16 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Come on ... just drop the hate ... embrace the Stoll ... you know you want to ... come on ... it's just Stoll ... touch it, hug it ... there ya go ... now love it, it's Stoll.

It had nothing to do with Stoll actually. Had everything to do with getting Carter/Richards at more natural positions and still keeping Toffoli in the lineup. But okay.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Winger23

Stoll has been playing great, there's absolutely no reason to even think about replacing him right now. Sigh I can't believe this was even brought up.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:27 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Stoll has been playing great, there's absolutely no reason to even think about replacing him right now. Sigh I can't believe this was even brought up.
Again....this has NOTHING to do with Stoll but everything to do with the fact that with Toffoli beginning to emerge, we have too many RWers/centers. I don't like Rick on the LW and it seems like Carter and Toffoli can't/won't play LW. Trading Stoll lets us go with 3 top six centers playing their natural positions and means we wouldn't have to pay over $3M for a 4th line center. That's all. I've actually downed my Stoll hate lately because he has improved a lot...

Old
03-29-2013, 06:36 PM
DrewforNorris
Kingspiracy.

Quote:
Again....this has NOTHING to do with Stoll but everything to do with the fact that with Toffoli beginning to emerge, we have too many RWers/centers. I don't like Rick on the LW and it seems like Carter and Toffoli can't/won't play LW. Trading Stoll lets us go with 3 top six centers playing their natural positions and means we wouldn't have to pay over $3M for a 4th line center. That's all. I've actually downed my Stoll hate lately because he has improved a lot...
I think Stoll is pretty clutch in the playoffs, at least last season he was. I don't know if he is the piece I would want to move. But, I see your point. Still think you secretly hate him though; even if you won't admit it. why do you hate?

Old
03-29-2013, 06:42 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

Erin Andrews will attest to that

Old
03-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Stoll has been mostly terrible for his previous 4 seasons in LA, why would they try and trade him now when he is finally playing well in a bottom 6 role. That line has been excellent for the past 12-15 games.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
SettlementRichie10

Yeah, Stoll's line has been money for a while now. The second definitely needs a Williams clone on the LW. I'm almost positive Penner will be back on that line by the first game of the playoffs.

Even with Toffoli, though, that line is getting their scoring chances. They're just bad at possession and they're cycle game is nonexistent.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Ollie Weeks
First In, Last Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Stoll has been mostly terrible for his previous 4 seasons in LA, why would they try and trade him now when he is finally playing well in a bottom 6 role. That line has been excellent for the past 12-15 games.
His production last season was an anomaly. He's back to the 15G, 20A pace he's used to. But yeah bringing players in that pushed him down the roster was a good move.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:42 PM
Mats26
Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
Here's the problem if we don't pay Voynov someone will. And say they give him the same offer as OEL. That's 5.5M AAV over 6 years. That would be an offer sheet of 6.6M for compensation. So that would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. Talk about a bad return. But we are going to be forced to give I think at least 4M and maybe even what OEL got or get a bad return.
There is no one in the league that will offer a 6 million a year contract offer and give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder for Voynov Come on, only Weber would be worth that, and Philly made the offer. Like I said he is not a 1D defenseman and should be paid like a number 3D.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I guarantee every team in the NHL would give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Slava Voynov. Draft picks aren't as valued by GM's as they are hear at the hockeys future boards.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Yep. Especially when it comes to dealing for defensemen. Lots of teams just can't draft and develop them. OEL has a lot of Swedes here pumping his tires, if Slava had Russian fans who would do the same for him, opinions around HF would be pretty interesting.

If Slava was available for R1, R2, R3 picks, a lot of GM's would have DL called up and ready to go, it could probably be parlayed into even more. Detroit, Philly, Washington, NJ would be all over that, which means there's a sign there. Can't trade a kid this good. The only thing that saves DL on this contract is that he hasn't played a full 82 game season yet in the NHL and that the media doesn't have any idea how good he is (which tends to happen for players this far west).

Being a GM is about self preservation and these guys know those picks aren't going to walk into the NHL after the draft and be able to play 20-22 minutes a game and pile up points at D. The odds are long.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings4thecup View Post
NHL radio said that the Kings have 2 scouts at Buf/Fla tonight, including Hextall.

Do you think Dean would take a gamble on Tyler Myers?

High risk/reward type play, but interesting.

Lots of players available in that game, though..

IMO, if Myers is available, and i doubt he is, then you have to try to get him (at reasonable cost)

He is having a bad season, but not so bad 3 seasons prior. His contract isn't bad neither. $5.5 AAV is a bargain if he can go back to 10 + 35 avg per season. His signing bonus is already paid for, i think, and actually only owe $26.5mio for next 6 seasons in actual salary. And if Willie cannot come back then the cap hit is only $2mio over Mitchell's salary and Myers is infinitely younger. Doughty + Voynov + Myers would be just amazing cornerstone for the defense

So i say if Buffalo is willing then Dean needs to explore the opportunity to buy this kid on the low

Closed Thread