HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Pens chase for the presidents trophy

Old
03-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Whakahere

vCash: 903
Send a message via MSN to Whakahere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengui View Post
There's no such thing as a jinx. Let's win EVERYTHING
yes EVERYTHING. I want it all ... just get neal on the PP some more . someone needs to score a few more short handed quickly .. No more goals on MAF. The year the penguins won it all. I want everything

Whakahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Get To Our Game
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Don't care too much about the President's Trophy. It would be nice, but we all agree on what matters more.

The crazy thing I just realized is this- we have a 17 point lead on New Jersey for the division. They have two games in hand, but still... 17 points!!

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Impossible. That means they were capable of it all along.
As long as they can all give 110%...

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Let someone else win the President's Trophy. To hell with that jinx.

Cup or bust.
I don't know why people call it a jinx. The presidents trophy winner wins the cup more often than any other seed.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:15 PM
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
I don't know why people call it a jinx. The presidents trophy winner wins the cup more often than any other seed.
Exactly. It just shows how competitive the league is. Even being the best in the regular season doesn't confer that much of an advantage for the playoffs. It certainly isn't a jinx or penalty, though.

DoktorZaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Ray Shero*
A wizard

What an amazing month of March for the Penguins organization.

If we keep this up I think we'll be on Chicago's tail through the rest of the season and may win it toward the end, it's a nice touch but we shouldn't make it the ultimate goal.

Ray Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Gap closes a bit as Anaheim beats Chicago in regulation.

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
madinsomniac

So as of saturday 3/30/13, The Pens have:
56 points with 36 games played they have 26 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and no loser points.

Here is where they stand in comparison to the various league benchmarks:

President's Trophy:
Chicago has 53 points with 33 games played and 21 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), . They have 3 loser points. If Chicago were to win its 3 games in hand, it would have a 3 point lead on the pens.

Anahiem has 50 points with 34 games played. They have 18 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 4 loser points
If the Ducks win their two games in haand they would still be two points behind the Pens

Eastern Conf #1 seed:
The Canadians have 49 points with 34 games played. They have 19 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 5 loser points
If the Canadiens win their two games in hand they would still be three points behind the Pens

Boston has 46 points with 33 games played. They have 17 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 4 loser points
If the Bruins win their three games in hand they would still be four points behind the Pens

To lock down at least the second seed:
Winnipeg has 38 points with 36 games played. They have 17 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 2 loser points
The Pens have an 18 point lead. Basically 6 points gained or lost more or less clinches this for them

The Divison:

The Devils have 39 points with 35 games played. They have 13 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 9 loser points
If the Devils win their game in hand they would still be 15 points behind the Pens. that is with 12 games to go... they also would have to win out and the pens would have to lose out to tie the pens in the most important tiebreaker, ROTwins... I think the magic number is at 9points right now

The Rangers have 35 points with 34 games played. They have 13 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 3 loser points
The Isles have 35 points with 35 games played. They have 13 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 3 loser points
The Flyers have 31 points with 34 games played. They have 13 R/OT wins (Tiebreaker), and 3 loser points

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Valarukar

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Valarukar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:14 AM
tom_servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr robbie View Post
I, for one, would be very excited to win the President's Trophy. I don't believe in superstition and I'm pretty sure there is a positive correlation between playoff seed and potential of winning the cup. For sure I want to win the cup more than the President's, but still want to get the best placement in the playoffs.

While we're at it, I'm pulling for Crosby to win the Art Ross and Hart (obviously, wouldn't know this one until after the playoffs) and for Kunitz to troll Stammer like crazy and take the Richard. The more hardware the better IMO.
Agreed with this. I'm greedy. And there is no reason to believe the President's Trophy sets any negative trend. Not like the Pens won it in '10, or '12, anyway. Let's get one.

tom_servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:47 AM
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Rejean We Trust View Post
Don't care too much about the President's Trophy. It would be nice, but we all agree on what matters more.

The crazy thing I just realized is this- we have a 17 point lead on New Jersey for the division. They have two games in hand, but still... 17 points!!
Yeah that is crazy especially considering we lost those back-to-back games vs the Devils.

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:57 AM
namsnoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengui View Post
There's no such thing as a jinx. Let's win EVERYTHING
I don't believe in the jinx either, though for all I care they can burn that trophy if they win it. Because as far as I'm concerned, there's only one trophy I want, and that is of Lord Stanley's!

namsnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote