HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Senators | 3/28/13 | Lundqvist or Clownorella

View Poll Results: 3 Losers of the Game
The Only Good Player on this Team 44 51.76%
**** (only good play of his career Eminger) 2 2.35%
**** (Slowman) 9 10.59%
**** (Girardi is a turd) 2 2.35%
**** (Still waiting for Hamrlik on the PP) 5 5.88%
**** (Del Zotto wasn't terrible) 6 7.06%
**** (McDonagh.... please bring back Staal) 5 5.88%
**** (Pyatt is useless) 7 8.24%
**** (Just saw the GoT commercial! um...Kreider) 17 20.00%
**** (Newburyport. Somehow one of our better players) 12 14.12%
**** (Asham who I believe still has 0 fights) 2 2.35%
**** (Can we get a real Beaver. Would run a better PP) 9 10.59%
**** (Boyle still doesn't know what to do with the puck) 11 12.94%
**** (Please get better sticks Cally) 11 12.94%
**** (Gaborik made some okay plays) 7 8.24%
**** (JAM Turnovers Miller) 6 7.06%
**** (Nash = Our only Hope) 11 12.94%
**** (Stepan. No particular comment) 5 5.88%
**** (Hagelin is Weak as hell) 5 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
  #426
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
How many of us just knew that Otltawa would score as they were coming down after that stupid Bishop save on McDonagh?

That's the way it's going this year. It was like 'yep', makes sense. I've felt like that's happened about a dozen times this season so far.

imo they didn't play that badly. In the first they had the puck for a good portion of time, forced some turnovers but didn't get enough on Bishop. In the second it was a little touch and go but they didn't give anything up. They had a better third but you've got to give credit to a stingy defense in Ottawa and Bishop once again turns into Dom Hasek. It's just the way it is this year.

Sooner or later though you see enough of these games to drive you completely nuts. It's not fun being a Rangers fan especially after getting our hopes up after the Flyer game, how dare we.

The Rangers refusal to go to the front of the net is mind boggling to me. The amount of peripheral skating is reminiscent of adolescent children in the swimming pool for the first time, scared to leave the walls.

Marian Gaborik should be traded immediately for a consistent 20 goal scoring LWer. I'd be thrilled with just that, anything else is a complete bonus, because I've never seen a player look so out of place and unengaged. He's like one of those alien puzzle pieces that somehow found its way into the wrong box. He makes no sense in this system and on this roster and is doing nothing to try prove otherwise.

God help us. Habs, Jets, Pens, Pens. Fun times are a comin.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:08 PM
  #427
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
It's just Kershaw. He hates Cally, nobody's exactly certain why, at this point we just accept it.

Kershaw hates Cally, Dagoon hates Hank, the majority of the board hates Boyle, Drewbackatu thinks the entire team is terrible, bernmiester will try to trade literally every player we have in a 2 page post that will involve trading Stepan no fewer than two times, and Dorado wants to merge Brad Richards and John Tortarella so that he can only be held accountable for a single murder instead of two.

And strangely, we all still love HF.
This is one of the funniest things I have ever read. LOL

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  #428
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I am sick of 'its the system!' talk.

It's ****ing not the system. It's the god damned players out on the ice, the ones who actually are skating, and holding sticks.

Gaborik has sucked not because of the system, but because he doesn't want to hustle, skate hard, and battle for pucks, and would rather float 90% of his shift, because he's LAZY.
Completely agree. I found myself talking about the system the other day, trying to rationalize it all. It really doesn't mean much, when your skilled players aren't doing anything and refuse to go to the middle of the ice.

Watch the Senators who have 4 of their top players out master defensive hockey, yet find ways to be creative all over the ice. Even their quality chances look different, like most teams. Not too many goaltenders the Rangers face are forced to do what Hank has to do on a nightly basis, and we see all types of systems.

The defensive structure and neutral zone play is one thing. But once you gain the zone or are rushing up the ice, all of that pretty much goes out the window and these guys are relied upon to be creative. 4 power plays, not even a lick.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
  #429
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
How many of us just knew that Otltawa would score as they were coming down after that stupid Bishop save on McDonagh?

That's the way it's going this year. It was like 'yep', makes sense. I've felt like that's happened about a dozen times this season so far.

imo they didn't play that badly. In the first they had the puck for a good portion of time, forced some turnovers but didn't get enough on Bishop. In the second it was a little touch and go but they didn't give anything up. They had a better third but you've got to give credit to a stingy defense in Ottawa and Bishop once again turns into Dom Hasek. It's just the way it is this year.

Sooner or later though you see enough of these games to drive you completely nuts. It's not fun being a Rangers fan especially after getting our hopes up after the Flyer game, how dare we.

The Rangers refusal to go to the front of the net is mind boggling to me. The amount of peripheral skating is reminiscent of adolescent children in the swimming pool for the first time, scared to leave the walls.

Marian Gaborik should be traded immediately for a consistent 20 goal scoring LWer. I'd be thrilled with just that, anything else is a complete bonus, because I've never seen a player look so out of place and unengaged. He's like one of those alien puzzle pieces that somehow found its way into the wrong box. He makes no sense in this system and on this roster and is doing nothing to try prove otherwise.

God help us. Habs, Jets, Pens, Pens. Fun times are a comin.
That stupid save by Bishop would be worshipped if Hank had made it.

Tip your hat to Ottawa. Devastated by injury and they plug in players more talented than the Rangers start. Would love to have Silferberg here. Great wheels, hands, and instincts.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:24 PM
  #430
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,473
vCash: 500
Tortarella/Gaborik reminds me of Keenan/Gartner.

I feel like Torts rides him way too hard and has partially caused him to just stop caring. The other half is Gaborik and his effort.

Captain Blood feels that everyone should be like Callahan. You don't win with entire teams full of those guys. You win with balance, which includes guys like Gaborik, accepting them for what they are.

Torts needs to go. He is the big problem.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:25 PM
  #431
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Completely agree. I found myself talking about the system the other day, trying to rationalize it all. It really doesn't mean much, when your skilled players aren't doing anything and refuse to go to the middle of the ice.

Watch the Senators who have 4 of their top players out master defensive hockey, yet find ways to be creative all over the ice. Even their quality chances look different, like most teams. Not too many goaltenders the Rangers face are forced to do what Hank has to do on a nightly basis, and we see all types of systems.

The defensive structure and neutral zone play is one thing. But once you gain the zone or are rushing up the ice, all of that pretty much goes out the window and these guys are relied upon to be creative. 4 power plays, not even a lick.
Hit the nail right on the head brotha...

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:29 PM
  #432
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
lol what a fool you're making yourself out to be.
You're absolutely correct, how can I forget all the Steve McDonald Extra Effort Awards he's won. Silly me.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:35 PM
  #433
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
How many of us just knew that Otltawa would score as they were coming down after that stupid Bishop save on McDonagh?

That's the way it's going this year. It was like 'yep', makes sense. I've felt like that's happened about a dozen times this season so far.

imo they didn't play that badly. In the first they had the puck for a good portion of time, forced some turnovers but didn't get enough on Bishop. In the second it was a little touch and go but they didn't give anything up. They had a better third but you've got to give credit to a stingy defense in Ottawa and Bishop once again turns into Dom Hasek. It's just the way it is this year.

Sooner or later though you see enough of these games to drive you completely nuts. It's not fun being a Rangers fan especially after getting our hopes up after the Flyer game, how dare we.

The Rangers refusal to go to the front of the net is mind boggling to me. The amount of peripheral skating is reminiscent of adolescent children in the swimming pool for the first time, scared to leave the walls.

Marian Gaborik should be traded immediately for a consistent 20 goal scoring LWer. I'd be thrilled with just that, anything else is a complete bonus, because I've never seen a player look so out of place and unengaged. He's like one of those alien puzzle pieces that somehow found its way into the wrong box. He makes no sense in this system and on this roster and is doing nothing to try prove otherwise.

God help us. Habs, Jets, Pens, Pens. Fun times are a comin.

100% spot on to the last comma. It's like watching the same movie on repeat. Hopes up...hopes dashed.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:35 PM
  #434
NYRangers723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Look Im not a Torts fan but Gaborik hasnt done himself any favors. Other than the bruins game, tornoto, and isles games he hasnt done anything. I mean gabby is a scorer but when he doesnt score he does nothing

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:53 PM
  #435
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 50
Only one vote from me:
Hank

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:56 PM
  #436
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
I finally realized who Brad Richards looks like (besides a beaver): Reese from the Terminator!

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
  #437
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick rash View Post
i finally realized who brad richards looks like (besides a beaver): Reese from the terminator!
oh
my
god


Last edited by Jabroni: 03-29-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:17 PM
  #438
Off Sides
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 846
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
I finally realized who Brad Richards looks like (besides a beaver): Reese from the Terminator!
Can he go back in time to when he was a good hockey player?

Off Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:29 PM
  #439
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Montreal and Pittsburgh twice in the next four games.

I hope we get destroyed.

We will

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:39 PM
  #440
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:07 PM
  #441
zuckera1
Registered User
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Now on to Lundquist. When he says we have to better do you think he is inculding himself? Me thinks he thinks he is better than everyone else on this team. I'm really starting to hate this guy with a passion.
Uh......he is....

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:20 PM
  #442
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Uh......he is....
Lol. Was that a serious post?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
  #443
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Watching the Torts presser makes me think that he has come to terms with the fact that this team will not make the playoffs this year. It's just not our year.

Now on to Lundquist. When he says we have to better do you think he is inculding himself? Me thinks he thinks he is better than everyone else on this team. I'm really starting to hate this guy with a passion.
Hank is far and away the best player on this team.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:44 PM
  #444
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Hank is far and away the best player on this team.
Seriously.

If Hank ISN'T then who is??

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:02 PM
  #445
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Is there even a purpose to mentioning Pyatt? It would be just as acceptable to say

-Newbury-Gaborik
Lol. Yep. Montreal players will be doing laps around Pyatt. He would be like the fat guy in nintendos ice hockey game and Montreal will be the skinny dudes.
At least Powe or asham will be able to keep up with the pace...somewhat. Oh and Gabby...well he will be floating around on that fourth line.

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
  #446
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Seriously.

If Hank ISN'T then who is??
Clearly that other Ranger who was a Hart finalist.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:37 PM
  #447
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Completely agree. I found myself talking about the system the other day, trying to rationalize it all. It really doesn't mean much, when your skilled players aren't doing anything and refuse to go to the middle of the ice.

Watch the Senators who have 4 of their top players out master defensive hockey, yet find ways to be creative all over the ice. Even their quality chances look different, like most teams. Not too many goaltenders the Rangers face are forced to do what Hank has to do on a nightly basis, and we see all types of systems.

The defensive structure and neutral zone play is one thing. But once you gain the zone or are rushing up the ice, all of that pretty much goes out the window and these guys are relied upon to be creative. 4 power plays, not even a lick.
EXACTLY. This is what I've been saying.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:09 PM
  #448
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
I'm sure this is just to try to get Pyatt going.
If at any point anyone in the Rangers organization says the phrase " We need to figure out how to get Taylor Pyatt going". We should be contracted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
Lol. Yep. Montreal players will be doing laps around Pyatt. He would be like the fat guy in nintendos ice hockey game and Montreal will be the skinny dudes.
Great reference. I loved that game. The team that lost the fight would get the penalty.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.