HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[DET] Danny DeKeyser signs with Red Wings

Old
03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Dizzon

vCash: 500
He made the obvious choice and now this is finally over.

Dizzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
WesNichols14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Considering only one of those prospects was worth anything, they haven't moved much.
Mrazek was a good goalie prospect turned "Future Franchise Starter" in half a season

Sproul is looking like a front runner for Defenseman of the year for the OHL, and put up insane numbers for the amount of time he missed and the type of injury

and Pulkkinen's stock dropped so much (in the fans eyes, although apparently he was an untouchable at last years deadline and why a lot of trades fell through) but with his skating problems lessened and his improved 2- way play he is looking like a solid prospect again, I also didn't include Backman having a Killer year in the SEL, and Marchenko having an average year in the KHL, but being healthy all year long which helps his stock. if a team that is already top 10 adds a player who is supposedly "NHL ready" and has stock improvements on more than 2 prospects that could result in moving up a spot or 2. its not like I said we were now number 1 or even top 5

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Not a surprise!

By the way, this gives Detroit 36 players under contract for next season. They might have some though decisions to make to fit under the 50 contracts limit.

UFAs (9) : Filppula, Cleary, Brunner, Miller, White, Huskins, Howard, Paré, Pearce
RFAs (7): Andersson, Nyquist, Kindl, Smith, McCollum, Mursak, Raedeke
Prospects to sign (or less they'll loose their rights) (4) : Quine, Backman, Nedomlel, Marcenko

Detroit is also rumored to have sign NCAA free agent Jared Coreau.
Re-sign Filppula, Brunner, and Howard. All the RFA's except McCollum. (And I dunno Raedeke)

Then Quine, Backman, and Marchenko.

Puts us at 47, and hopefully we're smart enough to buyout Samuelsson.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:42 PM
last_sd

Quote:
Not a surprise!

By the way, this gives Detroit 36 players under contract for next season. They will have some tough decisions to make to fit under the 50 contracts limit this summer.

UFAs (9) : Filppula, Cleary, Brunner, Miller, White, Huskins, Howard, Paré, Pearce
Prospects to sign (or less they'll loose their rights) (4) : Quine, Backman, Nedomlel, Marcenko

BOLD are the ones I expect us to sign

Underline
is maybe

I'm not sure about Prospects.
So that 7 Sure (If we don't sign Filp, we will probably get a similar player from FA)
2 Maybe + Goalie (either McCollum or Coreau)

That brings us to 46. Rest will go to prospects.

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Mrazek was a good goalie prospect turned "Future Franchise Starter" in half a season

Sproul is looking like a front runner for Defenseman of the year for the OHL, and put up insane numbers for the amount of time he missed and the type of injury

and Pulkkinen's stock dropped so much (in the fans eyes, although apparently he was an untouchable at last years deadline and why a lot of trades fell through) but with his skating problems lessened and his improved 2- way play he is looking like a solid prospect again, I also didn't include Backman having a Killer year in the SEL, and Marchenko having an average year in the KHL, but being healthy all year long which helps his stock. if a team that is already top 10 adds a player who is supposedly "NHL ready" and has stock improvements on more than 2 prospects that could result in moving up a spot or 2. its not like I said we were now number 1 or even top 5
The part of the post I was quoting was:

"I wonder where Pittsburgh is now after trading 3 prospects away"

Old
03-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

This really makes a ton of sense. If he goes down to Grand Rapids he'll be under his old coach, and only 45 minutes away from all his WMU friends. If he stays in Detroit, well he stays in Detroit and that speaks for itself.

PROUD OF MY BRONCOS. DOUBLE D!

Frozen Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:47 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Not a surprise!

By the way, this gives Detroit 36 players under contract for next season. They will have some tough decisions to make to fit under the 50 contracts limit this summer.

So that would be 48 contracts. We may re-sign another dman like White, and Filppula is just a place holder as I could see us going after someone else. Possibly Miller too.

I think we may also sign Nedomlel or Jensen this year as well. Everyone else I think is gone.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
So that would be 47 contracts. We may re-sign another dman like White, and Filppula is just a place holder as I could see us going after someone else. Possibly Miller too.

I think we may also sign Nedomlel or Jensen this year as well. Everyone else I think is gone.
Highly doubt we re-sign White.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if we move him at the deadline.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:51 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Not a surprise!

You're making it sound like most of those name are worth re-upping. They're not. Outside of Flip, Brunner and Howard, the UFAs can all leave.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Not a surprise!

Prospects to sign (or less they'll loose their rights) (4) : Quine, Backman, Nedomlel, Marchenko

Euro's rights are held for 4 years in new CBA.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
they were already close to 10 if not around 8. that being said I think they could be top 6-7ish. with the improvement of Mrazek, and Sproul this year plus Pulkkinen's skating becoming average and his defensive game becoming a strong point. this add up. I wonder where Pittsburgh is now after trading 3 prospects away
What, according to this place where an average joe that has a sports network subscription writes about prospects as a hobby and ranks them? Right. Let me feel sad about that.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
What, according to this place where an average joe that has a sports network subscription writes about prospects as a hobby and ranks them? Right. Let me feel sad about that.
I'm not sure what's your problem with admitting that Detroit has a top 10 pool, but they do...

Old
03-29-2013, 04:59 PM
last_sd

Quote:
"He'll be with us the rest of the regular season. When he plays is up to Mike Babcock, but we're not holding tryouts. We're trying to make the playoffs. Danny understands that we're in a playoff race."
http://www.freep.com/article/2013032...danny-dekeyser

Looks like he will be with Red Wings this season.
Also he will be wearing #65

Quote:
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 2m
DeKeyser, who wore #5 for the Broncos, will wear #65 for the Wings.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Mickey Redmond

He's a solid prospect and pretty much every GM in the league was interested in him. Good signing for the Wings, probably a dream come true for Michigan born Dekeyser. Glad to see it happen.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Jesusberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/2013032...danny-dekeyser

Looks like he will be with Red Wings this season.
Also he will be wearing #65
Was just going to post this. He'll be with Detroit, but how much he actually plays will be up to him. I'd have to think they'll be moving a defender (or three) now.

Jesusberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
This is sort of interesting because we had assumed that immediate playing time (and big minutes at that) was what DeKeyser was ultimately after. It sounds like the Wings weren't offering much more than a potential shot at the lineup this season.

Maybe he just really wanted to be a Wing.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:09 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
I'm not sure what's your problem with admitting that Detroit has a top 10 pool, but they do...
Ignore him. One of the biggest Pens homers on the site.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Tim McCracken
Good loser = LOSER!

If it hasn't been stated already...CUE THE CHIARELLI PRESSER!

Tim McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
This is sort of interesting because we had assumed that immediate playing time (and big minutes at that) was what DeKeyser was ultimately after. It sounds like the Wings weren't offering much more than a potential shot at the lineup this season.

Maybe he just really wanted to be a Wing.
Or most GMs are smarter than the people here on the board. Unless you are a tanking team (CAL, COL, etc.), each point is vital this season due to short schedule.

Next year teams can give him more chance.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusberg View Post
Was just going to post this. He'll be with Detroit, but how much he actually plays will be up to him. I'd have to think they'll be moving a defender (or three) now.
White traded, Huskins waived.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Jesusberg

Quote:
White traded, Huskins waived.
That's my guess. Then Cola/Lashoff/Dekeyser battle for that spot in the six defensemen. I could Lashoff being sent back down to GR, to be honest.

Jesusberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:20 PM
WesNichols14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
a little aggressive aren't we? I was just stating my opinion based on common opinions I have gotten over the last 2 years on these boards. I don't know know why the thought of Detroit already being in the top 10 upsets you so bad but you might want to get a handle on it. that's what happens after 4 years of having a constant veteran team and holding onto prospect.
and if the attitude came over the question revolving around Pittsburgh, that was just me actually asking a question, with no harm intended towords anyone

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:21 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
That's my guess. Then Cola/Lashoff/Dekeyser battle for that spot in the six defensemen. I could Lashoff being sent back down to GR, to be honest.
And Cola will be injured 90% of the time...you can almost count on that.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I can't stand this Guy because of his Name.

This is an undrafted Guy right, not one that pulled a Wheeler? If so good for him making it.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Maybe he goes down if we need to open the spot, but he'd probably be right back up for the playoffs.