HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NYR Sting & Son of Steinbrenner; Happy Belated Birthday Bluenote13!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
  #26
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
39. I was 19 when we won the Cup. I could write a book about those 20 years in between. Though I would not include any Ranger hockey from 98-2005



Thanks, though we are very stubborn, we have our moments, and I'm glad we have people on this board that understand where it all comes from as diehard fans of this wacky organization.
Ha, seems impossible as the cup win was 19 years ago.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:30 PM
  #27
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
I know I can be a ***** at times but I've calmed down so much over the past TEN YEARS of posting. Ten years? Where the hell doe the time go? I've posted from so many different places, once literally from a hospital bed about 2 minutes before I was having surgery! One time I was in St. Lucia, this was back in 2005 and at the time the Island had zero cell service and almost no internet in the resort I was staying. I found out the resort had a kiosk where you can use your credit card to access the internet. Big sign on the kiosk only $1 a minute. I figure great I'll check my email but the first thing I did was go to this board. I ended up paying $50 bucks to debate Edge about Dwight Helminen. I couldn't even tell you now what side of the argument I was on. Probably the wrong side! I'm an adult, I live in an adult world, I make adult decisions everyday but when it comes to the Rangers I'll always be that 6 year old kid who's heart was broken by the Bob Bourne. The 8 year old who thought a run like 1986 would happen every year! The 10 year old who thought Turbo Granato was going to the Hall of Fame! I love this team, thank you everybody for helping to make me a better and smarter fan.

One day we'll see the Rangers win the Cup and when we do it will be fantastic. I wish this board was around in 94. (Then again that trade deadline day would've caused some posters to commit suicide!)



Thanks again everybody!

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:47 PM
  #28
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Ha, seems impossible as the cup win was 19 years ago.
Whoa, 20, gettin old, feels like every year of my youth I was 19

And thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I know I can be a ***** at times but I've calmed down so much over the past TEN YEARS of posting. Ten years? Where the hell doe the time go? I've posted from so many different places, once literally from a hospital bed about 2 minutes before I was having surgery! One time I was in St. Lucia, this was back in 2005 and at the time the Island had zero cell service and almost no internet in the resort I was staying. I found out the resort had a kiosk where you can use your credit card to access the internet. Big sign on the kiosk only $1 a minute. I figure great I'll check my email but the first thing I did was go to this board. I ended up paying $50 bucks to debate Edge about Dwight Helminen. I couldn't even tell you now what side of the argument I was on. Probably the wrong side! I'm an adult, I live in an adult world, I make adult decisions everyday but when it comes to the Rangers I'll always be that 6 year old kid who's heart was broken by the Bob Bourne. The 8 year old who thought a run like 1986 would happen every year! The 10 year old who thought Turbo Granato was going to the Hall of Fame! I love this team, thank you everybody for helping to make me a better and smarter fan.

One day we'll see the Rangers win the Cup and when we do it will be fantastic. I wish this board was around in 94. (Then again that trade deadline day would've caused some posters to commit suicide!)



Thanks again everybody!

Great post. We used to be rivals and now I really enjoy your posts, but meh, in ten years we'll be back at each others throats

Have a great birthday SOS !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:34 PM
  #29
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Thanks everyone. Happy B-day to SBOB, and BN13, deeply sorry we missed your day. Happy birthday, man.

A terrific birthday gift would be this team winning. That's all I really want, it's why we're all here. Win, and make it entertaining to watch.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:55 PM
  #30
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,867
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Great post. We used to be rivals and now I really enjoy your posts, but meh, in ten years we'll be back at each others throats

Have a great birthday SOS !
If you haven't died of old age, maybe.

Happy bday Bluenote!

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:23 PM
  #31
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
If you haven't died of old age, maybe.

Happy bday Bluenote!
I'll die infront of my TV during the playoffs when the time comes

Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Thanks everyone. Happy B-day to SBOB, and BN13, deeply sorry we missed your day. Happy birthday, man.

A terrific birthday gift would be this team winning. That's all I really want, it's why we're all here. Win, and make it entertaining to watch.
Thanks, same to you.

Winning would be great, but what these dopes in management don't understand is that we would not be up in arms as much if they had a good power play. In NY a good goalie, and a decent PP goes a long way, win or lose. A good PP is all I ask for in life

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:32 AM
  #32
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
39. I was 19 when we won the Cup. I could write a book about those 20 years in between. Though I would not include any Ranger hockey from 98-2005
Had me fooled. Thought you were older, usually you certainly appear wiser.

Best to you, 13, as well as Sting and SoS. Happy, birthday!

Quote:
Thanks, though we are very stubborn,
Nah....

Quote:
we have our moments,
Ya don't say.

Quote:
and I'm glad we have people on this board that understand where it all comes from as diehard fans of this wacky organization.
We certainly share a bond, even though some of us are wackier than others

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:43 AM
  #33
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Bern, I still have not forgotten, we have to have that lunch one day this spring. Two Hollywood moguls as well as Ranger fans

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.