HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 11:20 AM
DanMelanson
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Any golfers out there , when we play with confidence everything seems easy but when we are not sure everything seems so much harder to do or perform . It seems maybe Price ( like every other human on the planet ) may have moments when his confidence is low . I hope to God , he does not read this board . Give the guy a break , I don't care how much he gets paid , he has great attitude and given the opportunity , with 1/2 decent defense , will help us win a Stanley Cup . I feel he played great against Penguins and Bruins , he looked so much more confident and seems to be looking a lot better ( with his confidence ).

PS He played awesome so far in the playoffs , if we were fighting for 7th place we would all be fairly happy after last year . But we are 21-7-5 , just try to enjoy it . Imagine what will happen for this team if Price can fire on all cylinders .

Old
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
People have a bad memory it seems. He hasn't been good in the playoffs. Yes, he has been bad in the playoffs.

In his rookie series against the Bruins, he was FAR from amazing. Montreal should have won that series against the Bruins in 6 - Montreal was outplaying Boston by a fair margin. Price was actually quite bad in games 5 and 6, and luckily he recovered in time for game 7, but that series almost gave me heart attack because it should have never gone to 7 games. In the following series, Price was horrible against the Flyers.

You can't absolve Price of culpability in 2009 either. Yes, the team in front of him didn't play great, but Price still sucked. In 2010, Halak showed that you can still play amazing even when the team in front of you isn't always playing great.

His only good playoff series was in 2011 against the Bruins, but unfortunately, he was marginally outplayed by the opposing goaltender: Tim Thomas.

Price is a good goalie, but there are too many Price apologists in here wearing rose-colored glasses. To say he hasn't been bad in the playoffs is delusional, and I'm amazed at all the revisionist history rhetoric and how this false narrative is getting perpetuated by some in here.

The good news is that his last playoff performance was solid, and I'm hoping the trend is positive and that he'll bring it this season in the playoffs.

He's young and still improving. He's not perfect. He has not been awesome this year. He has been solid this year. The people criticizing him are not haters. He has the potential to be better, and he needs to step up his game. That's all.
Partly agree.

Against the Flyers, Price was OK but Biron played on his head.

Actually both Thomas and Biron were better than Price but Price was OK. Certainly enough for his age (was 21 I think).
There was also Umberger that year who had a lot of Umpf. He did 9 points in six games (8 goals).
That year, Flyer's third line was great.

But it is unfair to judge Price, at 26 his best years are coming.
List of goalies younger than Price.
Few have better stats and only two have more than 200 games (Mason and Pavelec).

Those previous years were just to have him ready.
So this year, we will start see the value of Price during the PO.

One thing for sure, this is not the best year for Price up to now.
As long as we win and do the same in PO: fine.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

I hope people saw the Phx-Nash game yesterday. Nashville desperately needs to trade Rinne while he has some semblance of market value.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Price will take us all the way, "baby"!!!! He's as good as it gets, I don't see any point in nitpicking on this particular aspect of our team.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Gally11

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

they only have him at 4th in the league.. He sucks..

Old
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

they only have him at 4th in the league.. He sucks..
Yeah, well he wants to start playing like the 4th best goalie in league! Can't win the big game. Blew out by the Bruins, Pens 7-6 game, Bell Centre Beatdown game. He needs to bring it in the big games!!

Old
03-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Yeah, well he wants to start playing like the 4th best goalie in league! Can't win the big game. Blew out by the Bruins, Pens 7-6 game, Bell Centre Beatdown game. He needs to bring it in the big games!!
None of his 16 wins were big, of course.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Carey Cost*

Wouldn't it be funny if Price ends up being our back up goalie during the playoffs? Not like it already happend before lol.

Oh wait...

Old
03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if Price ends up being our back up goalie during the playoffs? Not like it already happend before lol.

Oh wait...
*BobbyFischer likes this post*

Old
03-29-2013, 03:30 PM
icerocket

Only in Montreal is Price not considered a starter.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:50 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Only in Montreal does every player need to put up 90 pts a year and a goalie needs to have .999 save % to be good.

Can someone reincarnate George Hainsworth pls so these people stop crying.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:06 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Only in Montreal does every player need to put up 90 pts a year and a goalie needs to have .999 save % to be good.

Can someone reincarnate George Hainsworth pls so these people stop crying.
So you're absolutely content with what Price has done in the playoffs for us, thus far?

Old
03-29-2013, 06:26 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
So you're absolutely content with what Price has done in the playoffs for us, thus far?
He wasn't great at 22 and under, you know how many goaltenders make the NHL at that age? I think letting him play another playoff round before saying he can't bring it on the big stage isn't too much to ask.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:37 PM
j52

Price will not lead the Habs past the first round. The good teams pour goals through him( Pens and Bruins) and he can't win the close games against Buffalo, Leafs, Isles.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:27 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusBouillon View Post
He wasn't great at 22 and under, you know how many goaltenders make the NHL at that age? I think letting him play another playoff round before saying he can't bring it on the big stage isn't too much to ask.
Sure, I agree.

But,

what about IF he sucks again this post-season and chokes again... then will you be open to what others and I are saying??

Old
03-29-2013, 07:39 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Sure, I agree.

But,

what about IF he sucks again this post-season and chokes again... then will you be open to what others and I are saying??
Sure. I'm not keeping my head in the sand, I simply think it's too early. Not everyone can win the cup his rookie season like Roy.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:47 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Sure. I'm not keeping my head in the sand, I simply think it's too early. Not everyone can win the cup his rookie season like Roy.
I hope and wish Price will step up for us.

I'm not keeping my head in the sand, I'm still hopeful he can turn into an elite, great goalie and carry us to the promised land.

All I ask, of him, in the playoffs.. is that he doesn't COST us games... just... play well, and don't cost us games.. MAYBE steal us a game or 2, but if you can't do that, just don't cost us games.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
According to many, he was "amazing"

Old
03-29-2013, 08:57 PM
CP31

Can some of you just stop ragging on one of our most important players and just enjoy the great season we're having?

Old
03-29-2013, 09:12 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Can some of you just stop ragging on one of our most important players and just enjoy the great season we're having?
So hard to have a legit discussion about a player without his fans getting defensive. I like Price but I'm also not a blind fanboy. He still has a lot to prove especially in the playoffs

Old
03-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
So people have already forgotten how good he was in the Boston series two years ago huh?
Yup. And they forgot about his rookie year too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I hope people saw the Phx-Nash game yesterday. Nashville desperately needs to trade Rinne while he has some semblance of market value.
Yup. His first playoff game came at the age of 27 btw...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
So hard to have a legit discussion about a player without his fans getting defensive. I like Price but I'm also not a blind fanboy. He still has a lot to prove especially in the playoffs
Then stop coming up with stupid **** like "he should've won in 6 games"...

Old
03-29-2013, 10:43 PM
25th

Can't believe that some poeple here are not conviced that Carey Price is THE MAN. He will take us all the way to the 25th... and that's all that matters

Old
03-29-2013, 10:49 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. He's our franchise player, I like him but he still has alot of prove in the playoffs my opinion.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:55 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
This is exactly how I feel.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:56 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMelanson View Post
Any golfers out there , when we play with confidence everything seems easy but when we are not sure everything seems so much harder to do or perform . It seems maybe Price ( like every other human on the planet ) may have moments when his confidence is low . I hope to God , he does not read this board . Give the guy a break , I don't care how much he gets paid , he has great attitude and given the opportunity , with 1/2 decent defense , will help us win a Stanley Cup . I feel he played great against Penguins and Bruins , he looked so much more confident and seems to be looking a lot better ( with his confidence ).

PS He played awesome so far in the playoffs , if we were fighting for 7th place we would all be fairly happy after last year . But we are 21-7-5 , just try to enjoy it . Imagine what will happen for this team if Price can fire on all cylinders .
There is no way in hell that any NHL player, coach or GM would read this or any other team's board (unless they are into masochism or have a self-defeating personality disorder).

Fans tend to be emotional and with the addition of anonymity, tend to type whatever comes to mind.

Price couldnt care less what an NHL13 playing/Hockey Board posting fan has to say about him. As it should be.

Closed Thread