HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Fischer succeeds in USA camp, at defense

Old
08-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout View Post
I believe he's closer to 6'4". On draft day when he was standing on the podium beside Bob Gainey, who has been listed at 6'3" for many years, he appeared to be an inch taller. I know some reports had Fischer listed at 6'3", but they could have been based on the start of the 2005-06 season, and it's very easy to believe he's grown one inch in about a year.
wow, that was a useless comment if i ever read one, not that you can actually see if he's 6'3 or 6'4 unless you have a tape glued to your eyeballs, but anyways who cares? If there's something worth talking about it's his weight, cause a 210 or 220 pound defensmen can hold alot more on his own then a 185 pound D, but i'm not worries that Fisher will grow into his frame.

Oh and i loved the part about his big upside, at where we grabbed him he looks to be the steal of the draft!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
wow, that was a useless comment if i ever read one
Down boy. Someone that still believes in Marcel Hossa shouldn't throw stones.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Hey guys.

Some blogger posted nice things about Fischer.

http://slog.cstv.com/rinkrat/2006/08...rt_1.html#more

Quote:
The U.S. gave the Swedes a one-timer of their own, and the visitors took advantage of the gift, as Jonas Junland connected on a one-timer at 9:28 to make it 3-2 Sweden. Still, the U.S. effort was much stronger in the second, and the game was even again at 11:49, as Fischer connected on a wrist shot from the right face-off circle. Denver freshman Rhett Rakhshani and Michigan State freshman Michael Ratchuk pick up the assists. Team USA is definitely getting some nice production from the blueline in this game, and that wrister by Fischer was a thing of beauty. Erik Johnson - who's not at the camp, unfortunately - is obviously the gem of Minnesota's recruiting class, but make no mistake: Gopher fans are going to be very happy with Fischer.
The more a read about this guy, the more I think he's the real deal, and would have been drafted much higher had he played in a better league last year. College is really going to shape this kid good.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 11:49 AM
HabuseMoi

yes, let's all forget half on us jumped on the "idiot" bandwagon thing before the draft

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post
Giroux > Fischer

Fischer is awesome and you guys have a hell of a prospect on your hands.

The kid was DYNAMITE in High School last year and I had a chance to watch a number of his games. He's going to be an absolutely great NHLer. He's a bit raw but nowhere near the level that Komisarek was at the same age. I also feel that Fischer has a much higher upside than nearly any defensive prospect taken in the entire draft outside of Erik Johnson.

The kid just oozes potential.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 11:57 AM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
yes, let's all forget half on us jumped on the "idiot" bandwagon thing before the draft

I'll admit I was confused when he was selected.

It sure looks like a good pick now...

I'll follow Fischer closely, because if he turns out half as good as you guys think, I'm going to have to work hard on next draft's preparation.

Where will I get good info?

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
From Fischer own comments, he didn't enjoyed some of his interviews during the combine. I think the poster who originally brought the "idiot" information got it from the comments of some teams who may have been put off by Fischer frank and relaxed attitude.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Down boy. Someone that still believes in Marcel Hossa shouldn't throw stones.
that was back in 2002, and ya i had high hopes he'd come around, lazy bum!

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 12:36 PM
VanNistelrooy

Let's hope that he's not a new Terry Ryan, party animal

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post

Fischer is awesome and you guys have a hell of a prospect on your hands.

The kid was DYNAMITE in High School last year and I had a chance to watch a number of his games. He's going to be an absolutely great NHLer. He's a bit raw but nowhere near the level that Komisarek was at the same age. I also feel that Fischer has a much higher upside than nearly any defensive prospect taken in the entire draft outside of Erik Johnson.

The kid just oozes potential.
Completely agree with you

He was definately underchanged by playing USHS last year, but it fed him so many minutes its not even funny...
This kid is one of my favourite prospects... He IMO is going to be a stellar defenceman for us in the years to come...

Make no mistake about it... Montreal is building something REALLY special

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Also, I think you guys are underrating USHS hockey by quite a fair margain. The top kids are able to shine and play for HUGE amounts of minutes. It's really a great system to go into if you're an American kid. And most of the top teams are awesome prep school teams with really great reputations.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 10:20 PM
tinyzombies

I liked his size combined with his skating (wide, upright stride, strong on his skates for his weight too, and fast) and quick hands (for his level of development) at the dev camp. He has to put on at least 25-30 pounds of muscle though, so he'll take a couple years. Solid pick.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Russian_fanatic

I'm really high on Fischer. I see him turning out as a #2/#3 defenseman. He is the Marc Staal of this draft,

Russian_fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote