HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Best Rock band 2000-05 (dead puck era)

Old
03-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Not saying it does, but I've always found them to be unimaginitive and over-rated.
Go home Ceremony, you're drunk.

You can play the bias card with me because of my username, but even their lesser album "In your Honour" still managed to have 2 or 3 great songs on it (In your honor, DOA, Best of You). Meanwhile One by One had hits like All my life, Have it all, Times like these, Tired of you. What I love about the FOO that differs them from other bands is that even the "throw in" tracks on any given album are still of the quality variety. You don't have to skip over songs to get to the one you want.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
Thursday
hah, I watched Geoff bash his nose in while twirling his microphone around. Blood all down his face and arm but he didn't miss a word. Awesome.

I'm gonna throw Linkin Park into the mix here. Most people hear the name and instantly dismiss them. Hybrid Theory was one of the most successful debut albums of all time, and Meteora was amazing as well.

I guess you can include Reanimation, which when you look at it now is brilliant.Give your CD out to other artists and saying 'here, **** with this and then show us what ya got' Aaron Lewis and Johnathan Davis worked on it, hell even Marilyn Manson and the lead singer from Orgy.

Last edited by Riseonfire: 03-29-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post

You can play the bias card with me because of my username, but even their lesser album "In your Honour" still managed to have 2 or 3 great songs on it (In your honor, DOA, Best of You). Meanwhile One by One had hits like All my life, Have it all, Times like these, Tired of you. What I love about the FOO that differs them from other bands is that even the "throw in" tracks on any given album are still of the quality variety. You don't have to skip over songs to get to the one you want.
I agree with Ceremony

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I agree with Ceremony
Cool.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
Quote:

I had a feeling you'd see this and have a comment

If I had an album of theirs on I wouldn't be skipping anything, but I wouldn't be amazed all the way through.

And I think Echoes etc is their weakest album by quite a distance, but that's another argument.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

I also agree with Ceremony. Foo Fighters do not belong on this list.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
hah, I watched Geoff bash his nose in while twirling his microphone around. Blood all down his face and arm but he didn't miss a word. Awesome.

I'm gonna throw Linkin Park into the mix here. Most people hear the name and instantly dismiss them. Hybrid Theory was one of the most successful debut albums of all time, and Meteora was amazing as well.

I guess you can include Reanimation, which when you look at it now is brilliant.Give your CD out to other artists and saying 'here, **** with this and then show us what ya got' Aaron Lewis and Johnathan Davis worked on it, hell even Marilyn Manson and the lead singer from Orgy.
I mentioned Linkin Park on either page 1 or 2!! As for the debut album, it's the best selling debut album of the 21st Century!!

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Cool.
Never understood this type of sarcastic response.

You're basically telling another poster they're out to lunch, and when someone mentions that they disagree with you and think the original post was perfectly valid, you roll your eyes at them like they're a troll or something. It doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 03-29-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:

You're basically telling another poster they're out to lunch, and when someone mentions that they disagree with you and think the original post was perfectly valid, you roll their eyes at them like they're a troll or something. It doesn't make any sense.
My response to Ceremony was in good spirits. I'm familiar with the poster and just having a bit of fun.

As for my response to your post. I put in as much thought as you did yours. Not meant to be antagonizing. Sarcasm is what the internet was built for no?

Old
03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Gustav Nyquist
#FireHolland

I also agree with Ceremony, Foo Fighters are on par with Nickelback as far as I'm concerned.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Whitaker View Post
I also agree with Ceremony, Foo Fighters are on par with Nickelback as far as I'm concerned.
Blasphemy.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Ceremony
Stanley Cup Attitude

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Whitaker View Post
Oh hey now I never went that far

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

I wouldn't go that far. They're above Paramore, so they're not in a tier with Nickelback, Staind, and Creed.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Shareefruck

I wouldn't go that far either.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
My response to Ceremony was in good spirits. I'm familiar with the poster and just having a bit of fun.

As for my response to your post. I put in as much thought as you did yours. Not meant to be antagonizing. Sarcasm is what the internet was built for no?
It's not how much thought was put into it that bothered me.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 03-29-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:

You're basically telling another poster they're out to lunch, and when someone mentions that they disagree with you and think the original post was perfectly valid, you roll your eyes at them like they're a troll or something. It doesn't make any sense.
LOL, you don't understand that type of post but you have no problem posting this....

Quote:
I agree with Ceremony
Their music, their personalities, their connection with their fans..... I mean what other rock band selling millions and millions of albums is willing to go play in a fans garage, or get their tractor seriously stuck

If you don't like them, that's fine, but they were and still are one of the best rock bands in the last 20 years.

Stanley Foobrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
LOL, you don't understand that type of post but you have no problem posting this....

Their music, their personalities, their connection with their fans..... I mean what other rock band selling millions and millions of albums is willing to go play in a fans garage, or get their tractor seriously stuck

If you don't like them, that's fine, but they were and still are one of the best rock bands in the last 20 years.
Did I say anything besides this?
"and yet I have no problem posting 'I agree with Ceremony'"??? Are being serious? You thought that was a terrible comment?

Ceremony said that he doesn't think they're deserving of being in a thread like this because they make shallow uninteresting music, and I said that I agreed. In what world is "I don't think they're very good" considered remotely pompous or dismissive attitude deserving of this lecturing? (I wouldn't even call that insensitive for crying out loud)

People can think whatever they want, it just irked me how he seemed to brush off my comment as if I was being a **** or something. It was a harmless disagreement no worse than the comment he made in the first place. (he says that wasn't his intention, so it's fine)

Also, I hate when people say stuff along the lines of "Love them or hate them, you can't deny that they're clearly great, like I think they are." (your last line sounds alot like that) Doesn't make any sense and is completely biased/self-serving. Alot of people like them and think they're great. That's fine. We're also allowed to think that they aren't without expecting to get a rise out of someone like yourself.

Edit: Also, how does how likeable/respectable they are as people/the lengths they're willing to go for their fans have anything to do with how good their music is? Personally, I think there are tons of great bands in the last 20 years and wouldn't consider the Foo Fighters one of them.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 03-29-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 06:57 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Did I say anything besides this?
"and yet I have no problem posting 'I agree with Ceremony'"??? Are being serious? You thought that was a terrible comment?

Ceremony said that he doesn't think they're deserving of being in a thread like this because they make shallow uninteresting music, and I said that I agreed. In what world is "I don't think they're very good" considered remotely pompous or dismissive attitude deserving of this lecturing? (I wouldn't even call that insensitive for crying out loud)

People can think whatever they want, it just irked me how he seemed to brush off my comment as if I was being a **** or something. It was a harmless disagreement no worse than the comment he made in the first place. (he says that wasn't his intention, so it's fine)

Also, I hate when people say stuff along the lines of "Love them or hate them, you can't deny that they're clearly great, like I think they are." (your last line sounds alot like that) Doesn't make any sense and is completely biased/self-serving. Alot of people like them and think they're great. That's fine. We're also allowed to think that they aren't without expecting to get a rise out of someone like yourself.

Edit: Also, how does how likeable/respectable they are as people/the lengths they're willing to go for their fans have anything to do with how good their music is? Personally, I think there are tons of great bands in the last 20 years and wouldn't consider the Foo Fighters one of them.
LOL, I was referring to HFBoard rules..... not trying to play mod or anything, but nice rant, shouldn't be surprised though as I am familiar with your work here.

Stanley Foobrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

This thread got terrible really quickly.

Here's a two shots from my apartment. Its a mini hard rock cafe. Almost every poster is signed with tickets in them. More current stuff than 2000-2005 but I thought it would be cool to share either way.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Ozamataz Buckshank

Why on earth would you want to show off the fact that you went to multiple Linkin Park concerts?

Ozamataz Buckshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselForSelke View Post
Why on earth would you want to show off the fact that you went to multiple Linkin Park concerts?
... because he's proud of his collection and doesn't feel any shame, because he shouldn't, about going to multiple Linkin Park concerts.

@riseonfire... that's a fantastic collection!! Who are the signatures below the TV from?

Old
03-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
... because he's proud of his collection and doesn't feel any shame, because he shouldn't, about going to multiple Linkin Park concerts.

@riseonfire... that's a fantastic collection!! Who are the signatures below the TV from?
Heads are Sum41 and RED, poster is signed by Lacuna Coil, Drum sticks are ones ive caught at various shows (being 6'4" helps) Linkin Park, Dead By Sunrise, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Incubus, Silverstein, Hollywood Undead and Comeback Kid.

And yes, LP is one of my favorite bands. Deal with it.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Heads are Sum41 and RED, poster is signed by Lacuna Coil, Drum sticks are ones ive caught at various shows (being 6'4" helps) Linkin Park, Dead By Sunrise, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Incubus, Silverstein, Hollywood Undead and Comeback Kid.

And yes, LP is one of my favorite bands. Deal with it.
Damn...
At first I was jealous of the BfmV one, but that's nothing compared to how i'm feeling towards the Bad Religion drumstick.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Damn...
At first I was jealous of the BfmV one, but that's nothing compared to how i'm feeling towards the Bad Religion drumstick.
Rise Against and Bad Religion @ Terminal 5 in NYC....2 nights in a row. It was epic.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

Quote:
Rise Against and Bad Religion @ Terminal 5 in NYC....2 nights in a row. It was epic.
Lucky.. the best 2 concerts I went to in a short period of time was Paul McCartney (July 11th) and then KISS (July 18th).

I'd love to go see some more shows, but hardly anyone ever comes here anymore.. and those that do are the death-metal type bands, and I just don't care for them.