HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter to Calgary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 06:21 PM
  #1
Stryker Island
Registered User
 
Stryker Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Nino Niederreiter to Calgary

Isles fans, what would it take from Calgary's roster to pry Nino out of Long Island?

Would you prefer a prospect-oriented deal such as Michael Ferland and Max Reinhart?

Or would you prefer a veteran + 2013 1st round pick (from Pitt), along the lines of an Alex Tanguay or Lee Stempniak?

Just kicking the tires on this one.

edit - Looks like we have a potential deal in Gio for Nino.


Last edited by Stryker Island: 03-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:23 PM
  #2
Backlund
Registered User
 
Backlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,778
vCash: 50
I'd rather keep Reinhart than trade him for Nino.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:25 PM
  #3
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?
 
Benedict Kovalchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CASCADIA NOW
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 500
I'd be more interested in something around Giordano.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:26 PM
  #4
Stryker Island
Registered User
 
Stryker Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I'd be more interested in something around Giordano.
Would you do Gio for Nino, straight up?

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:28 PM
  #5
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?
 
Benedict Kovalchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CASCADIA NOW
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 500
Yep, I would. Suits both teams needs.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:29 PM
  #6
Stryker Island
Registered User
 
Stryker Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Yep, I would. Suits both teams needs.
I concur. I'm sure others will chime in, but I think right now, we have ourselves a deal.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:34 PM
  #7
Hipster Doofus
Registered User
 
Hipster Doofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
Would you do Gio for Nino, straight up?
Thats tough. If they were up higher maybe. If he was a righty probably. But not quite sure he brings enough impact or fills a major need for the Isles to use a chip like Nino.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:47 PM
  #8
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
Would you do Gio for Nino, straight up?
As an outsider, this seems like a good and fair deal for both sides. Rare to see.

leugangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:47 PM
  #9
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Islanders arent trading their top end young talent. This is all a moot point.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:48 PM
  #10
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Gio is a good player but not worth a top 5 pick like Nino

most id give for him is a 2nd

Why do some Isles fans have no patience?

We're moving in the right direction

either you believe in Nino, Strome, Nelson and Reinhart etal or you dont but at least be patient enough to see what they can be first

youd think Chara, Bertuzzi, Spezza, Luongo, McCabe, and the like would have taught us something.....

our fans must be the dumbest in the NHL if it hasnt

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:51 PM
  #11
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres View Post
Gio is a good player but not worth a top 5 pick like Nino

most id give for him is a 2nd

Why do some Isles fans have no patience?

We're moving in the right direction

either you believe in Nino, Strome, Nelson and Reinhart etal or you dont but at least be patient enough to see what they can be first

youd think Chara, Bertuzzi, Spezza, Luongo, McCabe, and the like would have taught us something.....

our fans must be the dumbest in the NHL if it hasnt
Has to be one of the most ridiculous posts i've read on HF... and that's saying a lot!

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:53 PM
  #12
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
Isles fans, what would it take from Calgary's roster to pry Nino out of Long Island?

Would you prefer a prospect-oriented deal such as Michael Ferland and Max Reinhart?

Or would you prefer a veteran + 2013 1st round pick (from Pitt), along the lines of an Alex Tanguay or Lee Stempniak?

Just kicking the tires on this one.
Is the NHLer you are sending young enough to play at a high level for 3-5 yrs, signed to an affordable contract and an upgrade on the isles own current player?

I can't see Snow trading 20 yr old Nino for a prospect with lower upside or a late 1st rounder, that is likely 3-4 yrs from contributing.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:54 PM
  #13
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,620
vCash: 500
'Hey Blake Comeau worked out for us so awesomely. Have any more busts available?'

TOML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:54 PM
  #14
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coram, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
Would you do Gio for Nino, straight up?
Fax it in to the NHL office we will forge the signatures.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:00 PM
  #15
Vertzedyek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuusamo
Country: Finland
Posts: 519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
'Hey Blake Comeau worked out for us so awesomely. Have any more busts available?'
You're missing "TOML".

Vertzedyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
  #16
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Has to be one of the most ridiculous posts i've read on HF... and that's saying a lot!
no yours is,

why would we give up Nino and a first?

we are in a rebuild too you know

if Gio is so valuable why is calgary thinking of trading him?

is it because you realize youre not going to win with him and that he will be on the downside before you are ready?

why would we hurt our own rebuild to help yours?

Gio maybe worth more than a 2nd to a team ready to win now

but to us he is not worth our 1st or a top 5 pick like Nino

if Gio is so valuable to you by all means keep him

whats really so assinine about your post is that you wouldnt even be thinking about moving Gio if you didnt already realise that his value to a rebuilding franchise is less than to a contender

you may think we are foolish enough to hurt our own rebuild to help yours but thats your fantasy not ours.

so yes the most I'd give is a 2nd

and considering that is all Garth Snow gave for Visnovsky, id venture to say thats about all he'd give too


Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 03-29-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
  #17
Stryker Island
Registered User
 
Stryker Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres View Post
no yours is,

why would we give up Nino and a first?

we are in a rebuild too you know

if Gio is so valuable why is calgary thinking of trading him?

is it because you realize youre not going to win with him and that he will be on the downside before you are ready?

why would we hurt our own rebuild to help yours?

Gio maybe worth more than a 2nd to a team ready to win now

but to us he is not worth our 1st or a top 5 pick like Nino

if Gio is so valuable to you by all means keep him
Not sure what you're talking about. I haven't seen anyone mention the Isles 1st but you.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
  #18
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertzedyek View Post
You're missing "TOML".
You'll be saddened to learn that i'm no longer to sign off my posts. And apparently nobody else is either now. This might sadden all those people who got their jollies from doing it. Oh well. It's no Harlem Shake. #freeTOML?

Nino won't do well in Cgy.

TOML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:14 PM
  #19
ichabod13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 2,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres View Post

why would we give up Nino and a first?
who said anything about trading nino AND a first?


i think id do a giordano + for nino trade.
but i have no idea what the plus would have to be.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
  #20
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,803
vCash: 50
did nino play on a line with sven? was he on the right wing?

herashak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
  #21
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
who said anything about trading nino AND a first?


i think id do a giordano + for nino trade.
but i have no idea what the plus would have to be.
Gio for Nino + DiPietro.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
  #22
MrFunnyWobbl
The Tree was happy.
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unlocated
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 18,331
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Next they'll need Johansen from Columbus and Rattie.

MrFunnyWobbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
  #23
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
Not sure what you're talking about. I haven't seen anyone mention the Isles 1st but you.
i was responding to the poster who thought a 2nd for Gio was laughable, insinuating he wanted more, either a 1st or Nino.....To us he isnt worth any more than a 2nd. to another team he probably holds more value, but as a team that is rebuilding his value is limited

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:22 PM
  #24
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
who said anything about trading nino AND a first?


i think id do a giordano + for nino trade.
but i have no idea what the plus would have to be.
ichabod, Sure Gio would be nice, obviously then you dont believe that Nino's potential is what Garth Snow believes it is, ie a young 1st line forward?

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:29 PM
  #25
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?
 
Benedict Kovalchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CASCADIA NOW
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaveras4pres View Post
i was responding to the poster who thought a 2nd for Gio was laughable, insinuating he wanted more, either a 1st or Nino.....To us he isnt worth any more than a 2nd. to another team he probably holds more value, but as a team that is rebuilding his value is limited
We are not rebuilding, we are stepping forward. I mean it's the trade deadline and we're right in the mix. A playoff spot is entirely with reach, and the Isles have been playing well as of late. Giordano helps us now, and in a big way. He'd go a long way for our defense.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.