Old
03-29-2013, 06:19 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Cross, you're 0-fer life pretty much in these big names. Stop. Maybe if you don't say it, there's a chance.
Yeah, stop jinxing us dude. You just know Krejci would be dishing to Iggy and Parise right now if not for you.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Parise, Iginla and Malkin were my 3 favorite non Bruins. Parise had the Bruins in his final 5 according to TSN but chose Minnesota. Iginla was ours then he wasn't. Now it is up to Malkin to not disappoint me and go elsewhere. I'm feeling good about this one though. The Bruins should have a decent amount of cap space and Chiarelli should be pissed off enough that he wants to **** the Penguins for stealing Iginla.
Hate to bring the bad news but Malkin isn't even a UFA right now:

http://www.capgeek.com/penguins/

You'll have to wait an extra year. Even if not, it's kind of a very very extreme thing to be going for considering his status, age and impact in pittsburgh.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
There's not a single player on the Bruins roster that I wouldn't give up for Malkin.
There aren't two combined I wouldn't give up for Malkin.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Hate to bring the bad news but Malkin isn't even a UFA right now:

http://www.capgeek.com/penguins/

You'll have to wait an extra year. Even if not, it's kind of a very very extreme thing to be going for considering his status, age and impact in pittsburgh.
I know....Thanks I guess?

Old
03-29-2013, 06:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I know....Thanks I guess?
Just saying, you might end up unhappy. I bet as soon as July 1st hits they will talk extension.

Mind you, I bet you know this. I'm just talking for sake of discussion that you should hope for something a little more attainable.

I would love to see the UFA frenzy if a guy like Malkin ever made it as a UFA. We saw it with Parise, imagine with Malkin.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
OK people, enough.

One day of licking our wounds over this was somewhat understandable, but if we continue dwelling on it we're wallowing in the kind of victim-hood self-pleasuring that we like to decry in other fanbases.
I think it's masochism. If that isn't right my second choice is anhedonism, the inability to feel pleasure.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:43 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

I don't think Yvgeni has any desire to leave Pittsburgh. They'll probably accomodate him, so I wouldn't even get it into my head...

Old
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

All is well ! There has been another Yeti sighting

Old
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
I guess we are trading for/signing every player out there now.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:36 PM
westernhome

well the pollsters are seeing that overwhelmingly the consensus is that this is all on Jarome Iginla

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1388827

Old
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Jax1166

I

Can't help but wonder two things on Iginlia rejecting:

1) payback to Jacobs
2) Joel ward/ the Boston Celtic syndrome of black players being uncomfortable in the city.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post

1) payback to Jacobs
2) Joel ward/ the Boston Celtic syndrome of black players being uncomfortable in the city.
You mean how nearly none of them were from Boston?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:52 PM
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
I don't think Yvgeni has any desire to leave Pittsburgh. They'll probably accomodate him, so I wouldn't even get it into my head...
Not so sure about that. He just may grow tired of being in Sid's shadow and doing things on his own.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Cronuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post

1) payback to Jacobs
lol... are you for real?

Old
03-29-2013, 11:10 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

I just want to say one thing, if Iginla's decision doesn't ****ing get this team fired up, nothing will.

Julien, Neely and everyone else better damn well drive it into their heads, that the Penguins are perceived to be by far the superior team. Now some are even dubbing them the tougher team with their latest acquisitions.

I guess we will find out soon enough if this Bruins squad is just going to stand there and take it - like Daniel Sedin.

Funny, I wanted Iggy here more than anything to provide the catalyst that this team needs to drop the hammer and become that Cup contender. Maybe, he still does become the catalyst that the Bruins needed, just on that other black and gold team.

Defeat does not exist in this dojo does it!?!

Old
03-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Cronuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
I just want to say one thing, if Iginla's decision doesn't ****ing get this team fired up, nothing will.
Ference is already defending Iginlina.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronuss View Post
He probably hopes Iginla will talk Shero into getting Ference a job for next season after how awful he's been.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:34 PM
westernhome

Quote:
omg ??

link??

say it isn't so

Old
03-30-2013, 07:03 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
You have got to be ******** me.

EDIT - Ference didn't even defend Paille as a teammate after that high hit a couple season's ago and now he's defending Iginla after insulting and screwing over the Bruins? Just for comparison; Recchi purposefully made himself a target to take the heat off of Chara during the Paccioretti incident..

Not trying to get on Ference.. I know ultimately he's a team guy and will go with anyone on the ice to defend a team mate but his decision making (both on and off the ice) is perplexing sometimes.

Last edited by SerenityRick: 03-30-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/0...39K/story.html

Quote:
“It’s his one chance to really make a decision for what’s best for him in his eyes,” Andrew Ference said. “How can you fault somebody for doing what they want to do in a situation where they have that kind of control?

“That’s part of his contract and part of his deal that he gets that option. So, of course he’s going to make a decision for himself.”
Bergeron essentially said the same thing:

Quote:
“It’s his choice,” Patrice Bergeron said. “That was in his contract. What can you do? We have no control over it, so I don’t really stop and worry about it.”

Nor were the Bruins worried about their April 19 date with the Penguins at TD Garden. As Bergeron said, “They’re a great team, so it’s always been motivating to play Pittsburgh. I don’t think it should change anything.”
Also in line with what both Thornton & Paille said yesterday when interviewed on 98.5 yesterday.

I know Ference is the whipping boy du jour, but really, put the pitchforks away gentlemen.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:13 AM
MarchandNoseBest

Not sure why people are singling out Ference here. Everybody who spoke yesterday defended Iginla's decision, it's called being politically correct and taking the high road.

Doesn't mean they aren't pissed off, but what good does ripping Iginla to the media do at this point? Just motivates him more and gets the Bruins called classless or whiney by the media, keeps the story in the news longer so they have to keep answering questions about it.

Plus it would be really awkward when Iginla pulls a Marian Hossa and signs with us on July 1st after we beat Pittsburgh in the ECF's this year.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:14 AM
ODAAT

I`ve moved on, but many haven`t so check out the Podcasts from Bob McCown`s show Prime Time Sports, I highly recommend listening to the first hour with "listener calls", pretty funny stuff, Bob calls out Iginla for 3 hours and Ken King`s interview is hilarious with King consistently tossing out BS for the 10-15 mins

Enjoy, my comments on this have been made, moving on but this one`s for you fans who haven`t heard a neutral perspective of it

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/

Old
03-30-2013, 07:18 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Also in line with what both Thornton & Paille said yesterday when interviewed on 98.5 yesterday.

I know Ference is the whipping boy du jour, but really, put the pitchforks away gentlemen.
This team is as soft as ice cream in the desert this year. Nothing makes them angry. Cant one guy atleast bring up the fact that its a slap in the face? I mean he was traded here but said no because he doesn't think you are good enough.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:21 AM
TCL40

Quote:

Okay-really-what are they going to say to the media?

I have no issues with the team giving these kinds of answers-and they are almost entirely the same answer.

Probably had a team meeting to discuss this and put everyone on the same page as far as the media is concerned.

I can't imagine the locker room isn't insulted and believe they have something to prove. Although who knows, maybe they don't because this season this team has been pretty anemic.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:21 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
This team is as soft as ice cream in the desert this year. Nothing makes them angry. Cant one guy atleast bring up the fact that its a slap in the face? I mean he was traded here but said no because he doesn't think you are good enough.
I'm surprised that you're surprised by this. *****ing about things in the media is not what these guys do, nor do they talk **** about other teams/players/decisions through the media.

They've all been put through the New England Patriots school of media. It's a quote, a soundbyte, nothing more. Getting a quote in these situations has become the epitome of filler...literally means nothing.

Closed Thread