HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Just because they're done for the season doesn't mean they'll trade their key players. What kind of reasoning is that?
I think it definitely makes it a bit more likely for them to look to the future. At least more so than before when they thought they might still squeeze into the playoffs.

Since they are key players though, we would have to overpay.. but I don't see how them being done, does anything but increase the chances of them looking at a quick re-tool for next year or rebuild.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Fights do happen in the playoffs. Goon fights do not. In fact, like half the fights in the playoffs last year were between star players.

Even in the crazier series there was rarely more than one fight filled game per series. Hardly shows any sort of trend. The Flyers-Pens series was a gongshow in which neither team played defense.
There was a lot of fights in the series last year. Tough guys going at it, etc...

Old
03-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
It's fun to speculate and hope though! Draft day will bring all new speculations. That's fun times too.

P.S. Spartacus is Awesome!
Love Spatacus, too bad it's coming to an end. Oh well at least we have Game of Thrones.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Alright the guys I would go for are
-Bryan Campbell(Flo) for the PP
-Matt Martin(NYI)
-Maxim Talbot(Phil)

Old
03-29-2013, 07:21 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
I'd love Simmonds, hell I'd give up a first for him, but this is tied with Eller + draft picks for Clowe as the worst proposal in this thread.
It was one draft pick.

What about Desharnais + a 2nd rounder for Clowe?

Better?

It would end the squabbling about centers until the Eller fans start targeting Plekanec.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:22 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Should be targeting a d-man over anything else right now.

Preferably a 2nd pairing bruiser who can keep the crease clear for Price. But any d-man with that trait will be of particular value for Montreal, even as a 3rd pairing guy

I'm not hearing a whole lot names out there to fit the bill, though
Pleaaaase Stuart or Gleason(dreaming I know).

Old
03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

There seems to be a big misconception in thinking that there is no fighting in the playoffs. In last year's playoffs, 42 different players were involved in at least one fight.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
There was a lot of fights in the series last year. Tough guys going at it, etc...
Looking at the fight cards on hockeyfights, there was less than I remember. There was a few big series - Flyers-Pens, Rangers-Sens, Blues-Kings. The Devils only fought once.

And even then, half the times fights were between top 6 players. Kopitar and Richards fought for the Kings. Most goons were on the bench where they belong.

There was a lot of scrappiness, a lot of shoving and guys in each others faces. What we need is grit, not guys judged by their fighting skill. Obviously if a guy can back it up, great.

Too many teams are still fighting for the playoffs this year. Even the Islanders are too close to try and rip off for Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It was one draft pick.

What about Desharnais + a 2nd rounder for Clowe?

Better?

It would end the squabbling about centers until the Eller fans start targeting Plekanec.
No, that wouldn't be very smart either right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
There seems to be a big misconception in thinking that there is no fighting in the playoffs. In last year's playoffs, 42 different players were involved in at least one fight.
Nobody said there isn't fighting in the playoffs. There's less fighting, it tends to be concentrated to a few games. And more players fight because teams are playing their most talented players as much as possible, and top liners are more willing to do whatever it takes to win. 42 different players were involved in at least one fight because you don't hold back and wait for a goon to fight for you, you handle your own business in the playoffs.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Nobody said there isn't fighting in the playoffs. There's less fighting, it tends to be concentrated to a few games. And more players fight because teams are playing their most talented players as much as possible, and top liners are more willing to do whatever it takes to win. 42 different players were involved in at least one fight because you don't hold back and wait for a goon to fight for you, you handle your own business in the playoffs.
And that's why the Habs need to go for guys who can play AND fight, not for Bordeleau-type players.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:33 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
And that's why the Habs need to go for guys who can play AND fight, not for Bordeleau-type players.
That's pretty much the consensus from the enforcer thread. I cited one of your articles in a post, iirc.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:37 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's pretty much the consensus from the enforcer thread. I cited one of your articles in a post, iirc.
But a lot of push back on Clowe.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Only because his price might exceed his value right now. Most of us would gladly take Clowe on this team, we just think San Jose is likely taking for too much.

If Bergevin could get Clowe for a comparable package to what the Pens got Iggy for, well, that's another story.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:42 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Well, mostly because this year he's been absolutely awful. I'd take Clowe if the asking price is cheap. But if it's for what Murray or Morrow got... I think that's too much. 3-4 years ago, I'd have given quite a bit to get that guy.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:04 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well, mostly because this year he's been absolutely awful. I'd take Clowe if the asking price is cheap. But if it's for what Murray or Morrow got... I think that's too much. 3-4 years ago, I'd have given quite a bit to get that guy.
This is the season to go after Clowe since he is having an "off" year.

He is shooting the puck a lot but they are just not going in (61 shots a couple of days ago). He is putting up a few points.

Maybe he was injured and did not let anyone know. He did fight a couple of nights ago for the first time in a while.

I think his upside is more than what he is showing this season.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:06 PM
TheGoalJudge

I'm so sick of trying to adapt to other teams. I'd be more comfortable trading for more speed and just icing the fastest team in the NHL. Play tough between the whistles. After the whistle, skate back to the bench. Win games.

No use trading for some bum who'll just get tuned up by Chara or Lucic. Let's just avoid it altogether and play our game.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Dharvey33

We have 3 seconds and three similar prospects in Leblanc Kristo and Collberg, i think we can spare one of each to get ourselves Clowe.

I would prefer to keep Collberg and Kristo and give up nashville's second instead of calgary.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:49 PM
ItsAboutHockey

Me want Jagr for Pleky!!!!!

Maybe Max Talbot to grind those boards and get rid of moen or white(or both!!!)

Take a look at this article: 2013 NHL Trade Deadline Preview

Old
03-29-2013, 08:56 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
We have 3 seconds and three similar prospects in Leblanc Kristo and Collberg, i think we can spare one of each to get ourselves Clowe.

I would prefer to keep Collberg and Kristo and give up nashville's second instead of calgary.
Kristo and Colllberg are not on the market at all IMHO. Leblanc i can see but after 4 years waiting for Danny Kristo to join the Habs, no way i would trade him....

Old
03-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Bieber fever

What do you guys think about marco scandella ? He has ~100 games in the NHL , 6'2 210lbs and he's young. He playing in the AHL right now (not sure why ?) he could bring some defense depth

With suter , brodin and dumba i think he might be available

Old
03-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
-Matt Martin(NYI)
-Maxim Talbot(Phil)
Don't want Campbell at all.

Martin isn't available unless it's an over payment.

Talbot might be.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:19 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
-Matt Martin(NYI)
-Maxim Talbot(Phil)
-Campbell isnt really worth it.
-Martin would cost about a 1st rounder or 2nd + Kristo/Leblanc from the Isles.
-Talbot could be available but is he really worth it with our centre depth?

Old
03-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I'm so sick of trying to adapt to other teams. I'd be more comfortable trading for more speed and just icing the fastest team in the NHL. Play tough between the whistles. After the whistle, skate back to the bench. Win games.

No use trading for some bum who'll just get tuned up by Chara or Lucic. Let's just avoid it altogether and play our game.
AMEN. The only time they ever lose to the Bruins is when they try and play Boston's game. When they use their speed, avoid the physicality and draw penalties they murder them everytime.

So frustrating watching them try to play in the ditches when they can just snipe from the road!

Old
03-29-2013, 09:22 PM
habsrule22

What could we get from Vancouver for DD. They need a second centerman badly and I think Eller is ready for a bigger role

Old
03-29-2013, 09:29 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
What do you guys think about marco scandella ? He has ~100 games in the NHL , 6'2 210lbs and he's young. He playing in the AHL right now (not sure why ?) he could bring some defense depth

With suter , brodin and dumba i think he might be available
He must be playing pretty badly to be in the AHL at this point. But at this point, with Suter, Spurgeon, Gilbert, Stoner, Brodin, Falk and Prosser above him in the depth chart, he could definetely be available.

What about:

To Montreal:
-Marco Scandella
-Mike Rupp

To Minnesota:
-Yannick Weber
-Ryan White/Colby Armstrong
-Greg Pateryn
-5th round pick

Rupp got Powe and Palmieri in his last trade. So White/Armstrong and Pateryn is about equal. Scandella IMO isnt really worth more than Weber and a 5th.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Rupp got Powe and Palmieri in his last trade. So White/Armstrong and Pateryn is about equal. Scandella IMO isnt really worth more than Weber and a 5th.
Hmmm...what?

Closed Thread