HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Discussion Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
  #251
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,282
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Then what is Richard supposed to be good at, or was good at? He is/was counted as an elite 1. line C,no? And what was his weak parts of the game, before he became a Ranger?
He's an elite playmaking center at the top of his game. Strengths include vision, passing skills, good hockey sense. Weaknesses include strength, and average skating. Lately he's looked slow, and his passing skills have not been present.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
  #252
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Then what is Richard supposed to be good at, or was good at? He is/was counted as an elite 1. line C,no? And what was his weak parts of the game, before he became a Ranger?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
  #253
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He's an elite playmaking center at the top of his game. Strengths include vision, passing skills, good hockey sense. Weaknesses include strength, and average skating. Lately he's looked slow, and his passing skills have not been present.
His hockey sense has gotten corrupted or something. He's over thinking the game. I've never seen so many flashy moves cutting into the offensive zone only to be disappointed when he makes a sweet drop pass to...... nobody at all, resulting in a turnover.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  #254
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The first year of his ELC gets burnt regardless. They only slide for players under the age of 20.
Even if they don't bring him over?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:12 PM
  #255
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He's an elite playmaking center at the top of his game. Strengths include vision, passing skills, good hockey sense. Weaknesses include strength, and average skating. Lately he's looked slow, and his passing skills have not been present.
You are my hero and my Wizard for tonight.
I think/believe he would show up real strong in the PO.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
  #256
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,282
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
You are my hero and my Wizard for tonight.
I think/believe he would show up real strong in the PO.
He usually does. Has a playoff MVP title to his name.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:18 PM
  #257
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Wow . Great I just can't believe that he just lost those great skills by only changing team and town for a living. He is just 31 year "old"

Good luck BR. I hope you soon find you game and show them all.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:35 PM
  #258
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Zuccarello - if i can make it there

Maybe he can, we want to see more of this, now hopefully with help from Richards


Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:39 AM
  #259
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Even if they don't bring him over?
Yes.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:08 AM
  #260
TrueBlue9
Registered User
 
TrueBlue9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
look how much his feet are moving!

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:25 AM
  #261
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,437
vCash: 500
I think we should trade some prospects and picks for someone like Gagner or Bolland or trade Gaborik for a package and then bench Richards. He deserves to not play.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:38 PM
  #262
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,503
vCash: 500
You can't bench your top players. Problem solving doesnt happen from sentimental approaches. By that account, we deserve to not make the playoffs base on our inconsistency so we should just forfeit or perhaps play to lose nightly, right?

Cresto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:45 PM
  #263
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Maybe Richards is better as a 91 than 19.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:03 PM
  #264
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Maybe Richards is better as a 91 than 19.
He looks 91 out there

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:27 PM
  #265
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,960
vCash: 500
I could find so many ways to cut a guy slack. The problem with Richards is that he looks like he's lost his heart and his balls. Pride should drive a guy with this record to at least work his ass off even if his game is just crap. I don't even see that from him. It's like he does not even care anymore. Not the first time that's happened with this team.

Look down the years and see how many FA contracts the Rangers have had to buy out. I was not high on getting him, but I had to admit it looked like he had the professionalism to handle it. People think coming to New York is just like playing in the NHL any where. WRONG!

I hate to this....again.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:59 AM
  #266
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Lines for next year (just messing around but not really):

MZA-Step-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Cally
Hags-Lindberg-Fast (the Swedish House Mafia)
Powe-Boyle-Asham

Buy-out Richards (PLEASE), trade Gabby for a 1st and top-4 D, and get rid of Pyatt. Everyone knows I am not the biggest fan of Boyle, but if that 4th would play 4th line minutes, he would be fine playing that and the PK...

Oh, and a new coach por favor!

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:09 PM
  #267
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
Lines for next year (just messing around but not really):

MZA-Step-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Cally
Hags-Lindberg-Fast (the Swedish House Mafia)
Powe-Boyle-Asham

Buy-out Richards (PLEASE), trade Gabby for a 1st and top-4 D, and get rid of Pyatt. Everyone knows I am not the biggest fan of Boyle, but if that 4th would play 4th line minutes, he would be fine playing that and the PK...

Oh, and a new coach por favor!
Miller second line C? LMAO, come on now.

Did he have some good chances last night? Sure. Did he bury any of them? Nope. Is it unfair to single out one offensive player after last night's debacle? You bet. Did Miller record a point in the calendar month of March? I'll let you research that one on your own, you might be surprised.

Not to mention more and more costly turnovers in his own zone.

Miller is barely ready for 3C duties, and you want him at 2C? If it were up to me, dude would still be in the AHL. But nope, burn that year of his ELC, and burn that year of RFA eligibility. Solid move, Rangers management.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:37 PM
  #268
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Miller second line C? LMAO, come on now.

Did he have some good chances last night? Sure. Did he bury any of them? Nope. Is it unfair to single out one offensive player after last night's debacle? You bet. Did Miller record a point in the calendar month of March? I'll let you research that one on your own, you might be surprised.

Not to mention more and more costly turnovers in his own zone.

Miller is barely ready for 3C duties, and you want him at 2C? If it were up to me, dude would still be in the AHL. But nope, burn that year of his ELC, and burn that year of RFA eligibility. Solid move, Rangers management.
I hear ya, and I actually had my Swedish line as the second, but I thought people would jump down my throat having Lindberg there haha. I didn't know who else to put there! Here's hoping Miller makes huge strides in his game this summer.

Like I said, just playing around

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
  #269
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
Lines for next year (just messing around but not really):

MZA-Step-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Cally
Hags-Lindberg-Fast (the Swedish House Mafia)
Powe-Boyle-Asham

Buy-out Richards (PLEASE), trade Gabby for a 1st and top-4 D, and get rid of Pyatt. Everyone knows I am not the biggest fan of Boyle, but if that 4th would play 4th line minutes, he would be fine playing that and the PK...

Oh, and a new coach por favor!


More defense? No.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:31 PM
  #270
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
More defense? No.
More defense? Yes.

Girardi and McD coming back down to earth. Stralman proving to be nothing more than 3rd pairing D. Staal's injury. Emmy and Hamr? HAHA...and waiting 3+ years for McI--as only a 3rd pairing D--is a joke...

Del Z stepping up is the only saving grace. Look how quickly our 'depth' turned into a HUGE issue for us.

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:39 PM
  #271
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
More defense? Yes.

Girardi and McD coming back down to earth. Stralman proving to be nothing more than 3rd pairing D. Staal's injury. Emmy and Hamr? HAHA...and waiting 3+ years for McI--as only a 3rd pairing D--is a joke...

Del Z stepping up is the only saving grace. Look how quickly our 'depth' turned into a HUGE issue for us.


Im sorry but im more concerned with our forward offense. Its been probably 70% of the issue this season. Richards, Gaborik and the bottom six.

Our blueline has been the focus of this teams drafting for years on ****ing end now. Its been a ****** year, but Staal's injury is a big hit here. The defense hasnt played that great but in comparison with the offense, is still much better. Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Stralman (who at times has been our best defenseman), Eminger, kids in McIlrath, Skjei, etc. is fine compared to Richards, Gaborik, Boyle, Pyatt, Asham, Newbury, Miller, etc.

Our entire bottom six is much much much much more of an issue than our blueline.

This team needs impact forwards and forward prospects, not more ****ing defense. Stralman, DZ and McDonagh woud all fare better in a more uptempo offense. We dont really need to discuss the PP coaching do we?

Im just not of the ilk that thinks we need to take from our offense (in the form of a 40 goal guy) to add more to our already congested blueline.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:44 PM
  #272
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Im sorry but im more concerned with our offense. Our blueline has been the focus of this teams drafting for years on ****ing end now. Its been a ****** year, but Staal's injury is a big hit here. The defense hasnt played that great but in comparison with the offense, is still much better. Girardi, Staal, McDonagh, Del Zotto, Stralman (who at times has been our best defenseman), Eminger, kids in McIlrath, Skjei, etc. is fine compared to Richards, Gaborik, Boyle, Pyatt, Asham, Newbury, Miller, etc.

Our entire bottom six is much much much much more of an issue than our blueline.

This team needs impact forwards and forward prospects, not more ****ing defense. Stralman, DZ and McDonagh woud all fare better in a more uptempo offense. We dont really need to discuss the PP coaching do we?

Im just not of the ilk that thinks we need to take from our offense (in the form of a 40 goal guy) to add more to our already congested blueline.
Let's agree to disagree: this team needs a lot of help.

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:34 PM
  #273
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
Let's agree to disagree: this team needs a lot of help.
i wouldnt say a lot of help.. we have the pieces.. if dudes like gabs and richards played like they are suppose to our need and "helps" wouldnt be as magnified..

get them going and tweak bottom 6 we'll be in a good shape.. i dont think its panic mode or drastic measures bc it would be stupid to take many steps backwards only to try and get minimal gains..

staal will help immensely if healthy.. its just a **** year.. in this league your team can go from bad to real good very quickly no worries..

dethomas07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:14 PM
  #274
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,586
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i wouldnt say a lot of help.. we have the pieces.. if dudes like gabs and richards played like they are suppose to our need and "helps" wouldnt be as magnified..

get them going and tweak bottom 6 we'll be in a good shape.. i dont think its panic mode or drastic measures bc it would be stupid to take many steps backwards only to try and get minimal gains..

staal will help immensely if healthy.. its just a **** year.. in this league your team can go from bad to real good very quickly no worries..
Yes, also, maybe if we didn't have such a ridiculous system of playing hockey our star players could actually... you know... thrive at being star players...

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
  #275
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Yes, also, maybe if we didn't have such a ridiculous system of playing hockey our star players could actually... you know... thrive at being star players...
its def not a ridiculous system.. look at last year.. players are just off this year and are lacking that tenaciousness and hunger attitude they had last year.. gab had 41gs last year how is that based off a poor system.. players are out of position, not dictating the pace of play and on most nights if not all are playing flat at the start of the games, get down and when they get going its to late.. enough with torts hate and system.. it has nothing to do with that.. players are playing flat and tentative instead of attacking.. cut the ****, you cant say its the system when you see barely your top guys moving their legs and battling for loose pucks.. give it up.. watch the game.. not the scoreboard..

dethomas07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.