HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg - Phoenix (Vrbata)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2013, 08:21 PM
  #1
Jets
All hat, no cattle.
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Winnipeg - Phoenix (Vrbata)

To Winnipeg:
Radim Vrbata
2013 5th Round Pick

To Phoenix:
2013 2nd Round Pick (Winnipeg)
2013 3rd Round Pick (Chicago)


Winnipeg needs 2nd line RW help and are in the market. Is this enough?

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:29 PM
  #2
OT OEL
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
I think Vrbata could fetch more

OT OEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:30 PM
  #3
Fathead
Registered User
 
Fathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 150
vCash: 813
Phx says no.

Fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:33 PM
  #4
YotesFan47
Registered User
 
YotesFan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Vrbata is our only real sniper and finisher, no chance we move him.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:35 PM
  #5
LetangBrassard23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Isn't he useless when he plays for any team other than the Coyotes?

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:35 PM
  #6
Jets
All hat, no cattle.
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Ah ok, wasn't sure the price was so high. If we couldn't nab him for some picks or any of the guys in StJ then maybe there isn't a deal here...

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:03 PM
  #7
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,925
vCash: 500
Vrbata alone is worth a 1st+.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
  #8
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Vrbata alone is worth a 1st+.
Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
  #9
phamJET
Registered User
 
phamJET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
vrabata would be worth a 1st if he was younger, vrabata is +30, so maybe a 2nd and a 3rd is worth it.

phamJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:14 PM
  #10
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
To Winnipeg:
Radim Vrbata
2013 5th Round Pick

To Phoenix:
2013 2nd Round Pick (Winnipeg)
2013 3rd Round Pick (Chicago)


Winnipeg needs 2nd line RW help and are in the market. Is this enough?
Vrbata is our lone true sniper who's underrated defensively - he's definitely worth a 1st (and probably would be GMDM's asking price). But we aren't moving him - and other teams are taking a risk acquiring him, he seems to only put up good numbers playing for Phoenix (and with Hanzal).

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:17 PM
  #11
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 5,252
vCash: 500
Coyote's top offensive threat signed through next year traded for a 2nd & 3rd? Do you really believe there is any incentive there?
Like that's going to help the franchise.
So how are the 'Yotes going to replace him?
This is a player that left the 'Yotes and requested to be traded back in what resulted as one of the most lopsided trades in franchise history.
If the Jets aren't offering Kane, I don't see any interest...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:19 PM
  #12
Dark Knight
Lawson Crouse
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment
It is to any team that has done their homework in pro scouting.

He's a legit top 6 forward and their values are more than a 2nd + 3rd.

__________________
http://www.turbozone.ca/wp-content/uploads/Turbozone_for-postup.jpg
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:19 PM
  #13
hurricanedave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Can't see him being had for a 2nd and 3rd. Would likely take a 1st+, he is on a cheap cap hit ($3m) for a guy who scored 35 goals last season and has 17 points in 20 games this year. He may be 31 years old but he is playing pretty well this season.

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:25 PM
  #14
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
No...

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:55 PM
  #15
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,207
vCash: 500
As a Stars fan who wants to see the end of Vrbata in the same division, I would say that isn't even close to being what he is worth. If a 2nd and a 3rd was all it takes there would be a ton of teams willing to pull the trigger.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
  #16
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,335
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamJET View Post
vrabata would be worth a 1st if he was younger, vrabata is +30, so maybe a 2nd and a 3rd is worth it.
Yeah, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Coyote's top offensive threat signed through next year traded for a 2nd & 3rd? Do you really believe there is any incentive there?
Like that's going to help the franchise.
So how are the 'Yotes going to replace him?
This is a player that left the 'Yotes and requested to be traded back in what resulted as one of the most lopsided trades in franchise history.
If the Jets aren't offering Kane, I don't see any interest...
Alright let's not let this get out of hand. It didn't start well but this would lead us down the wrong path.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:23 PM
  #17
XX
He's a good guy
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ... for you
Country: United States
Posts: 32,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment
Okay. I'll keep the 35 goal scorer then.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:27 PM
  #18
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 5,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Alright let's not let this get out of hand. It didn't start well but this would lead us down the wrong path.
Why, you don't believe that the Coyotes would trade Radim Vrbata for Evander Cane? It isn't like the Coyotes are shopping RV. Or is this about a fantasy thing that tends to run amuck on these boards?

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
  #19
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,902
vCash: 500
No way, Vrbata is nearly at PPG this year, and the only legit goal scorer on the Coyotes roster, who is signed at a steal of a contract worth 3 million per year. Besides he's mentioned that he doesn't want to leave Arizona, because he likes it here and has struggled with every team he's ever played for except Phoenix.

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:02 PM
  #20
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
probably a first from Boston or the Kings for Vrbata

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:04 PM
  #21
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,335
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Why, you don't believe that the Coyotes would trade Radim Vrbata for Evander Cane? It isn't like the Coyotes are shopping RV. Or is this about a fantasy thing that tends to run amuck on these boards?
What makes you think Vrbata has the same value as Kane?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:05 PM
  #22
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
probably a first from Boston or the Kings for Vrbata
In no way, shape, or form will the Yotes trade Vrbata to someone within the division.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:14 AM
  #23
helgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
What makes you think Vrbata has the same value as Kane?
He has not, that being said, we are talking about only real sniper from a team, which struggles to score. I doubt you would see Vrbata traded for picks or prospects, these guys could end up being great, but what about now, who will replace his production? Coyotes would look for upgrade, i. e. forward with a better scoring touch or younger forward with similar production. And if you look at the Jets roster, there's Kane maybe Wheeler, who fills these criteria. That doesn't mean, that Vrbata has same value as these guys, it just shows, how highly unlikely it is, that Vrbata would be moved...

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:32 AM
  #24
Jetsfareast
Helly Yeah
 
Jetsfareast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philippines
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
He has not, that being said, we are talking about only real sniper from a team, which struggles to score. I doubt you would see Vrbata traded for picks or prospects, these guys could end up being great, but what about now, who will replace his production? Coyotes would look for upgrade, i. e. forward with a better scoring touch or younger forward with similar production. And if you look at the Jets roster, there's Kane maybe Wheeler, who fills these criteria. That doesn't mean, that Vrbata has same value as these guys, it just shows, how highly unlikely it is, that Vrbata would be moved...
How about telegin + postma for vrabata + Phoenix 3rd

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:07 AM
  #25
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,348
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Maybe to Phoenix, but not to anyone else. A 2nd and a 3rd may even be overpayment
Well why on earth would Phoenix deal him for a price that they feel is lower than what he's worth to the team?

It doesn't matter what other teams think he's worth.

MY GOD!

He's easily their best sniper and he's been very reliable. They by no means have any wish of trading him. That would be like the Penguins trading Crosby right now. No way the Penguins want to unload him. It would take an incredibly sick package of assets.

A first line center or an elite 2nd line center who's also an elite shutdown center
A first pairing d-man
2 first rounders
a prospect

Sounds about right to me. No, Crosby isn't worth that much. But that's probably what it would cost for Shero to say "yeah... I'd make that move."


If you actually wanted to get them to give Vrabada up for futures I imagine it would be 2 first rounders or a first rounder and a good prospect.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.