HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Last thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1262733

Go Monarchs!

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
03-29-2013, 07:32 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

vCash: 500
2-2 more than midway into the first period.

Linden Vey leads the entire AHL in points with 61. The kid is nuts.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:41 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
2-2 more than midway into the first period.

Linden Vey leads the entire AHL in points with 61. The kid is nuts.
I was coming here to post the same thing. He's looking awesome tonight! Pearson is as well (a goal and assist for him as well)

Without question you gotta put Linden Vey in AHL MVP talks. 2nd year pro leading the league in points. Impressive! Especially considering he's on... let's call them not the greatest team in the world. lol

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 03-29-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 08:03 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Vey with another goal! 3-2 Monarchs assisted again from Pearson. These two kids are putting on a show tonight!

Old
03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
palffytofrovlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Vey with another goal! 3-2 Monarchs assisted again from Pearson. These two kids are putting on a show tonight!

Old
03-29-2013, 08:14 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Possibly moving to New Hampshire next year and if I do, I'll be attending tons of games. Excited to be able to possibly watch those two next year when they're a year older, stronger, smarter, more mature, etc.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:24 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs lose 6-3 to the Portland Pirates.

But, the big news out this game is with 2 goals and assist Linden Vey now leads the AHL in points with 62 points (20G & 42A)

Old
03-29-2013, 10:01 PM
riznat

Was Vey centering Toffoli when he was there?

Im sure its been talked about.. but does Vey look to be a top 6 center or 3rd line? Id imagine 2nd line?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Was Vey centering Toffoli when he was there?

Im sure its been talked about.. but does Vey look to be a top 6 center or 3rd line? Id imagine 2nd line?
Yes. Vey is a solid 2nd/3rd line C hybrid. He is has always been a scoring machine but is responsible anywhere you put him.

Vey continues to be a good one.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:16 PM
CNS
A World Alone

We're going to run in to a great issue soon - way too ****ing many centers.

Kopi
Richards
Carter if need be
Stoll
Vey
Shore
Fras

Old
03-29-2013, 10:25 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
We're going to run in to a great issue soon - way too ****ing many centers.

Kopi
Richards
Carter if need be
Stoll
Vey
Shore
Fras
Richardson! (and Lewis)

Old
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

One of the things that's been exciting about Vey of late is how he's stepped up his game since Tofflli has been called up. Particularly in the goal department. Pearson has also missed several games due injury while Toffoli has been in LA. It shows me that it's him and not the product of playing with Toffoli and Pearson.

Vey does it all. Played the point on the power play tonight (looked good!) and plays the penalty kill (his 1st goal tonight was a shortie)

Old
03-30-2013, 12:44 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Yes. Vey is a solid 2nd/3rd line C hybrid. He is has always been a scoring machine but is responsible anywhere you put him.

Vey continues to be a good one.
Would those that have seen Vey play consistently say that it's probable the Kings would just dump Fraser in the offseason and replace him with Vey?

Old
03-30-2013, 12:48 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA4life View Post
Would those that have seen Vey play consistently say that it's probable the Kings would just dump Fraser in the offseason and replace him with Vey?
I don't think they will. A Fraser type player is a key piece of our bottom 6 and LV isn't that kind of player.

I can see LV making the team when we move Stoll. He will be a perfect fit there with upside to become an eventual 2nd line C for us in a few years.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Peter Mannino is calling for Vey to be called up.

Quote:
Peter Mannino ‏@ManninoPeter

@LindenVey the kid is on top looking down at the leaguueeee! @NHL give him a chance! #stud #ahlleader #whataleagueeee #exroomy #keepgoing

Old
03-30-2013, 01:11 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

highlights from last night's 6-3 lose to Portland. (please excuse the pirates overly excited announcer )

Old
03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Manino is a funny guy.

Vey is doing great as expected but in his best interest we need to bring him up when we have a spot or a need. If not we end up making him miss playing time. I suppose we could send TT down and give Vey time on the wing...

Old
03-30-2013, 01:27 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Manino is a funny guy.

Vey is doing great as expected but in his best interest we need to bring him up when we have a spot or a need. If not we end up making him miss playing time. I suppose we could send TT down and give Vey time on the wing...
Mannino is a funny guy. One thing I've learned from his twitter feed is that he's a lover of the culinary masters... Taco Bell.

As for Vey I don't see a call up this year and unless there is an injury. However, come next season I think he's gonna make it hard not to put him on the Kings roster. The question is where do you put him. I think he'll eventually take Stoll's roster spot. But, as you said Vey can play some wing so he could work his way in via the wing.

With salary cap coming down next season Toffoli and Vey are coming along at the perfect time! (Oh that Dean Lombardi he knows everything! )

Old
03-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Man, Pearson and Vey both look great in those highlights.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:12 PM
damacles1156

Pearson is my favorite player in Manchester. Kid has this swagger about him.

He is relentless in the offensive zone.

What a pick by Futa/Lombardi.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Pearson is my favorite player in Manchester. Kid has this swagger about him.

He is relentless in the offensive zone.

What a pick by Futa/Lombardi.
I like him too. My only criticism of him is that we are seeing him at the top of his trajectory. What we are seeing is what we will get out of him as I don't see any more room for development.

I believe what he is doing will translate to the NHL no doubt and that if he is given a full season of development with the big team that he could become for the Kings the player he is for the Monarchs but we will have to see.

I still think he will at worst be an upgrade over King and at best a legitimate second line winger and that is pretty darn good.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
I like him too. My only criticism of him is that we are seeing him at the top of his trajectory. What we are seeing is what we will get out of him as I don't see any more room for development.

I believe what he is doing will translate to the NHL no doubt and that if he is given a full season of development with the big team that he could become for the Kings the player he is for the Monarchs but we will have to see.

I still think he will at worst be an upgrade over King and at best a legitimate second line winger and that is pretty darn good.
My hope is he becomes a similar player to Justin Williams.

Nothing wrong with that at pick number 31. The idea is to get roster players at that spot.

So far so good.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:53 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
My hope is he becomes a similar player to Justin Williams.

Nothing wrong with that at pick number 31. The idea is to get roster players at that spot.

So far so good.
I don't see the same kind of vision that JW has but that could be a good thing.

Pearson always seems to be more aware of what he is up to where JW, though he's really successful at it sort of throws crap at the wall and hope it sticks every now and then.

Like I said, it works and he can do that because of his knowledge of the game but I see TP as a bit more methodical.

Not that I watched a ton of JW at the same point of his respective career though.

I like TP allot and can see him being a solid NHLer in time.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:29 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:

And see...we had the same fear. This is why I wasn't a fan of the pick. Pearson really came on great in his last year of juniors but I was worried it was really just a case of a 20 year old dominating the youngins and that he didn't have much room to grow. I hope he proves me wrong because I had a list of 5 guys I would have picked before him at 30, and even after them I'm not sure he was next on my list.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:40 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
And see...we had the same fear. This is why I wasn't a fan of the pick. Pearson really came on great in his last year of juniors but I was worried it was really just a case of a 20 year old dominating the youngins and that he didn't have much room to grow. I hope he proves me wrong because I had a list of 5 guys I would have picked before him at 30, and even after them I'm not sure he was next on my list.
He is a tough player to read entirely for me though. He always works really hard when I see him and stays busy so he stands out for those reasons but he also picks up the points at a decent clip so he gets you there two.

The thing with him though is that he doesn't grab you one way over the other at least not to me. Vey and Trophy (still cracking up over that nick name) are stand out O weapon players and that is where they garner the most attention, TP just ends up working hard and getting points. He looks the same to me today as he did the past four years. I never paid him a ton of attention until his breakout season and it does seem like he sort of just figured out how to play offence all of the sudden.

One scout said "start looking for a rabbits foot or a genie or something because somebody is either really lucky or got their wish" in regards to the transformation of TP's game.

I wouldn't go that far but he did sort of just start playing a ton better and then has plateaued to what we see today.

None of the step developments, just sort of a light went on over his head and here we are. I guess it could happen again but even if it doesn't I can see him taking his game to the Kings and doing pretty well with it.

I thought he was going to go in the second round at the earliest so I was surprised when I heard that he was our man and even more surprised when we actually drafted him but so far so good. In the end Futa is just that darned good and his group are just doing a great job too.

DL got the perfect fit in MF.

Closed Thread