HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What were your major moves this summer?

Old
08-13-2006, 12:43 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
What were your major moves this summer?

Hey I'm coming over from the Philly board and I'm curious what moves you guys have made to your team. I go to college in central jersey so I get Rangers and Devils games broadcasted there, and I'll admit, I don't mind watching the enemy :-P especially with Rangers and Devils fans. Makes for good debates.

But yeah I've been keeping up with changes in the Flyers, if anyone wants to know feel free to ask me, I was curious what changes you guys made to your rosters so I could know before the season starts. I'll definitely be paying attention to the Flyers, Rangers, and Devils this season.

Thanks in advance.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:49 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
Hey I'm coming over from the Philly board and I'm curious what moves you guys have made to your team. I go to college in central jersey so I get Rangers and Devils games broadcasted there, and I'll admit, I don't mind watching the enemy :-P especially with Rangers and Devils fans. Makes for good debates.

But yeah I've been keeping up with changes in the Flyers, if anyone wants to know feel free to ask me, I was curious what changes you guys made to your rosters so I could know before the season starts. I'll definitely be paying attention to the Flyers, Rangers, and Devils this season.

Thanks in advance.
too bad they lost radiojevic to the wild, i was hoping the rangers would get him. Im glad huggybear aint with the Flyers, he took alot of dumb penalties. Eager will get ice time this year, he is a solid prospect. Rangers made some good moves, adding M.Cullen, A.Ward, B.Shannahan, Traded Dom Moore for Adam Hall. Losing Rucinsky, Poti, Strudwick, Sykora

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:54 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
too bad they lost radiojevic to the wild, i was hoping the rangers would get him. Im glad huggybear aint with the Flyers, he took alot of dumb penalties. Eager will get ice time this year, he is a solid prospect. Rangers made some good moves, adding M.Cullen, A.Ward, B.Shannahan, Traded Dom Moore for Adam Hall. Losing Rucinsky, Poti, Strudwick, Sykora
Matt Cullen? Related to Mark Cullen? Flyers picked him up, he'll be playing in the AHL this year I believe, maybe get pulled up for a 4th liner.I think Radi wanted too much, he had a lot of potential but never shined. Maybe he'll get better on the Wild. Eager is causing some hype on our board. I'd like to see him play. Good move to Shannahan, I forgot that, he'll definitely get your young guns in line. Sucks losing Rucinsky and Sykora. Ward is a good pick up too. He's tough as hell. Is Kasparitus still around? From my personal point of view you don't need him. Ward is a good enough alone.

Old
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Matt Cullen? Related to Mark Cullen? Flyers picked him up, he'll be playing in the AHL this year I believe, maybe get pulled up for a 4th liner.I think Radi wanted too much, he had a lot of potential but never shined. Maybe he'll get better on the Wild. Eager is causing some hype on our board. I'd like to see him play. Good move to Shannahan, I forgot that, he'll definitely get your young guns in line. Sucks losing Rucinsky and Sykora. Ward is a good pick up too. He's tough as hell. Is Kasparitus still around? From my personal point of view you don't need him. Ward is a good enough alone.
dont forget bringing back rachunek over too, he can help rangers pp

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 01:20 AM
in the hall

doesn't suck losing rucinsky, we replaced him with shanahan ditto sykora and cullen

ward and rachunek are our pick ups on D

we've pretty much improved all around

we also upgraded moore with adam hall

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 02:41 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
doesn't suck losing rucinsky, we replaced him with shanahan ditto sykora and cullen

ward and rachunek are our pick ups on D

we've pretty much improved all around

we also upgraded moore with adam hall
Hall, i'm really feelin ur new avatar.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
There are a couple people who share your point of veiw on Kasper, but I feel as though he was one of our solidest D-man and played a big part on the team when healthy. Plus he played through I think two or three diffrent injury's down the strech,most of which needed surgery, which shows his desire to play on this team. Plus he was the one who brought in the sweet caroline song into the lockeroom. He's a keeper, you also cant forget about that hip check, just ask Tim Connoly .

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 07:54 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Here's a thread that recaps all the Rangers FA moves.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=267869

08-13-2006, 10:35 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHendrik35 View Post
There are a couple people who share your point of veiw on Kasper, but I feel as though he was one of our solidest D-man and played a big part on the team when healthy. Plus he played through I think two or three diffrent injury's down the strech,most of which needed surgery, which shows his desire to play on this team. Plus he was the one who brought in the sweet caroline song into the lockeroom. He's a keeper, you also cant forget about that hip check, just ask Tim Connoly .
LOL my friends are always playing Sweet Caroline. I told them one of these days I'm gonna play it during an intermission to jinx you guys :-P

Nothing personal with kasper, just I've never liked the guy. Same w/ Matthew Barnaby(I think I spelled his first and last name wrong lol) but I hate Barnaby like 1000 times more than Kasperitus.

SingnBlues, thanks for the link.

Old
08-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
LOL my friends are always playing Sweet Caroline. I told them one of these days I'm gonna play it during an intermission to jinx you guys :-P

Nothing personal with kasper, just I've never liked the guy. Same w/ Matthew Barnaby(I think I spelled his first and last name wrong lol) but I hate Barnaby like 1000 times more than Kasperitus.

You play that song in between periods and they lose I will find you!!! Lol just kidding man. Hopefully this season will bring another battle between the Flyers and Rangers each and every game.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:12 PM
NYRchick

Where did Jason Strudwick sign?

NYRchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:23 PM
The New Originals

I wasn't aware we lost Strudwick.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRchick View Post
Where did Jason Strudwick sign?
He hasn't yet, he's a UFA currently

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:

Should be good this year.

At least we can talk with you, some of the other Flyer fans ignore a lot of things and can't take other people's opinions. It's a real wonder those select few post on other team's boards.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 10:00 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Hall, i'm really feelin ur new avatar.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 10:23 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Should be good this year.

At least we can talk with you, some of the other Flyer fans ignore a lot of things and can't take other people's opinions. It's a real wonder those select few post on other team's boards.
Some Flyers fans are just ignorant. I wish I could help but yeah it can't be. I went to a Flyers vs. Toronto playoff game with my friend from Canada, a Toronto fan, and was called a traitor by my own people LOL. Regardless I'm a Flyers fan at heart. And like I said I watch Rangers and Devils games too so I pay attention to them too. Not to mention most of the roller hockey team are their fans, so it makes it easy to relate :-P

Old
08-13-2006, 10:56 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Some Flyers fans are just ignorant. I wish I could help but yeah it can't be. I went to a Flyers vs. Toronto playoff game with my friend from Canada, a Toronto fan, and was called a traitor by my own people LOL. Regardless I'm a Flyers fan at heart. And like I said I watch Rangers and Devils games too so I pay attention to them too. Not to mention most of the roller hockey team are their fans, so it makes it easy to relate :-P
I hear ya, not everything can go your way, just gotta deal with some things. As for the "traitor" bs, that's totally uncalled for. I have friends that are Islander and Devil fans, we never call each other traitors. I watch whatever hockey is on, that's why I've had center ice the past few seasons, so yeah, join the club lol. Great stuff, and if you order it in the preseason, they knock $45-50 bucks off of it.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote