HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 06:25 AM
brec7

vCash: 500
Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but as a casual supporter who's trying to follow the Impact more closely, any recommendations as who to follow on twitter? I'm not talking about players, but news sources for the team in general. To give perspective/comparsion, I follow Dave Stubbs and Jessica Rusnak for Habs news.

Hoping for a big win against KC tomorrow!

Old
03-29-2013, 07:57 AM
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brec7 View Post
Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but as a casual supporter who's trying to follow the Impact more closely, any recommendations as who to follow on twitter? I'm not talking about players, but news sources for the team in general. To give perspective/comparsion, I follow Dave Stubbs and Jessica Rusnak for Habs news.

Hoping for a big win against KC tomorrow!
I find Olivier Tremblay, Pascal Milano, Fred Lord, Pat Leduc, Matthias Van Halst, Nick Sabetti and Sofiane Benzaza informative and timely. And Mr B delivers.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:48 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I find Olivier Tremblay, Pascal Milano, Fred Lord, Pat Leduc, Matthias Van Halst, Nick Sabetti and Sofiane Benzaza informative and timely. And Mr B delivers.
Pretty much these guys as well for me. Follow me aswell @Laurmayne, Ill follow back obv

Old
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Captain Saku

The game tomorrow starts at 8:30. 1st half same time as habs game. It sucks.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Pretty much these guys as well for me. Follow me aswell @Laurmayne, Ill follow back obv
Do Follow him!!!! :-)

Old
03-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Benzaza

Latest on MRS

Sporting Director Nick De Santis talks Zarek Valentin and addresses Daniele Paponi Rumor

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...oni-bologna-fc

Daniele Paponi coming to Montreal on April 3rd for Trial Period

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...ial-bologna-fc

J’ACCUSE!
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...lienne-serie-a

Old
03-29-2013, 09:19 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
Do Follow him!!!! :-)
And you too, but you guys are more Website-Orientated than Twitter orientated You post most of your articles here anyways, so its basically like a constant twitter feed for us Keepit Up Sofiane

Old
03-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Benzaza

Quote:
And you too, but you guys are more Website-Orientated than Twitter orientated You post most of your articles here anyways, so its basically like a constant twitter feed for us Keepit Up Sofiane
Thx!!! we are starting to live tweet from games at the press box but also I am trying to get more comments on the site to get discussion there to. But you guys and gals can also write your fanpost on the site to talk about something or share with a fanshot also :-)

If you are doing it already on HEOTP, its the same concept :-)

Old
03-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Benzaza

Also, I appreciate all the fans and readership support. Its all about sharing, exchanging for me. You can also listen to us on CJAD 800 AM during half-times of home games with Rick Moffat and Grant Needham. Myself and Giovanni Sardo are part of the Soccer Gang Of 4 :-)

I also run the podcast Soccer Sans Frontieres (@soccersansf) . Its in french but we talk 35-45 minutes IMFC/MLS and the 2nd half is soccer debates from around the world.

Thank you again!!!!

Old
03-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Captain Saku

Sofiane, a question just like that, did this all work come from a personal initiave? Wish you all success because the Impact really need and deserve more attention in the media.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Sofiane, a question just like that, did this all work come from a personal initiave? Wish you all success because the Impact really need and deserve more attention in the media.
Hello My Favorite Habs player!! :-)

I basically scratched an itch I had forever to cover soccer. It never clicked in my head when I was going to all those games at Claude Robillard :-)

I was looking to write about soccer on a site and found SBNation.com and from there, I realized that

I am more francophone than anglophone but thought that there was enough offer in french so went for English though sbnation is open to french content on the site.

personal initiative of something I wanted to do for the longest time and its great to have a team that competes in MLS. Doing it with FT work and life in general (fiance, relatives,friends) is quite hard. That is what late night and lunch time is for ;-)

Old
03-29-2013, 11:15 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Nice article about Bernier

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...es-of-montreal

Old
03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

We sure do love our Italians haha !

Old
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

I just registered with MLSsoccer.com for free and they are streaming the game tomorrow from KC. Can't wait to see the quality of their stream, should be good.

Allez les Bleus, 5 in a row.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Fredd

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
I just registered with MLSsoccer.com for free and they are streaming the game tomorrow from KC. Can't wait to see the quality of their stream, should be good.

Allez les Bleus, 5 in a row.
Just saw the twitter post, and registered myself. Really excited for this feed, should be a lot better than most sites.

Here's link for those who want to watch. Simply register on the site first. Stream link here. http://www.mlssoccer.com/stream-of-the-week

Old
03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Pisanu apparantly not on the trip to Kensas City

Old
03-29-2013, 05:13 PM
gelu88

Re: people to follow

On the english side, I have to recommend Amanda Stein (@acstein) she's almost always at practices and contributes good stuff. She's a producer for TSN 690 so she does plenty of habs content as well.

Also my favorite podcaster Soccerplus (@SoccerplusFR or @Soccerplus EN)

And Johnanthan Tannenwald (@thegoalkeeper) is a Philly based general MLS reporter who talks more about the Impact than most. If you want a good league/american perspective he's great.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:51 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

This stream actually saves my life. No need to switch channels in between TVA and RDS during both games tomorrow. Just turn my chair around and Voila.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Re: people to follow

On the english side, I have to recommend Amanda Stein (@acstein) she's almost always at practices and contributes good stuff. She's a producer for TSN 690 so she does plenty of habs content as well.

Also my favorite podcaster Soccerplus (@SoccerplusFR or @Soccerplus EN)

And Jonathan Tannenwald (@thegoalkeeper) is a Philly based general MLS reporter who talks more about the Impact than most. If you want a good league/american perspective he's great.
Agreed. Good conversation and news spreader. Speaks some French too

I would add Sabetti too but he can be an ass sometimes.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:23 PM
mtlimpact
Rookie User

Quote:
This stream actually saves my life. No need to switch channels in between TVA and RDS during both games tomorrow. Just turn my chair around and Voila.
Just thought I'd mention, for those who are counting on the free mlssoccer.com stream, that I've heard rumours (not necessarily true) that the stream will have the same blackouts as MLS Live.

I believe this would mean that those of us in Montreal (or further?) won't be able to view it.

Sorry to be negative, but something worth checking out before you depend on the stream tomorrow, I'd think.

Quote:
Pisanu apparantly not on the trip to Kensas City
Source? I wonder why, is this the old leg injury acting up again?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:00 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlimpact View Post
Just thought I'd mention, for those who are counting on the free mlssoccer.com stream, that I've heard rumours (not necessarily true) that the stream will have the same blackouts as MLS Live.

I believe this would mean that those of us in Montreal (or further?) won't be able to view it.

Sorry to be negative, but something worth checking out before you depend on the stream tomorrow, I'd think.

Source? I wonder why, is this the old leg injury acting up again?
Welcome to the Forums

Source was @SoccerPlusEN i believe.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:23 PM
mtlimpact
Rookie User

Quote:
Welcome to the Forums

Source was @SoccerPlusEN i believe.
Thanks!

So the question is, with Pisanu out, do you start Romero and Mapp on the wings? And then hope at least one of them lasts more than 60 minutes?

Old
03-29-2013, 11:35 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlimpact View Post
Thanks!

So the question is, with Pisanu out, do you start Romero and Mapp on the wings? And then hope at least one of them lasts more than 60 minutes?
Depends. I know that Lefebre made the trip as per reports..I'd personally start Nyassi. Hes better as a Sub, but considering our current situation hes better off starting. For all we know, after Blake Smith's superb performance in the reserves last week, maybe he made the trip as well?

Romero will start for sure, atleast I hope. There is also the possibility that Arnaud plays on the wing if Nyassi is still knackered from his Gambia game, but I preferably would leave Arnaud down the middle where he has been successfull this year.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Bud2790

Found this on ****** concerning tomorrow's free stream
Quote:
I hope you guys like this...be sure to thank El Jimador as it wouldn't have happened without their backing.
Couple answers to questions I know you will have: 1) This is just for browsers that support Flash - basically computers at this point 2) This game will still be available on MLS Live, so if you want to watch on your mobile device, connected TV or at the highest HD quality you can still do so through your MLS Live account 3)There may be blackouts in some local markets, however, like this weekend there also may not be. It all depends on the markets and the TV deals in place. We will do our best to avoid blackouts, but also want to make sure we bring you a compelling matchup each week. 4) Also this will be available in US/CAN/MEX

Old
03-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Depends. I know that Lefebre made the trip as per reports..I'd personally start Nyassi. Hes better as a Sub, but considering our current situation hes better off starting. For all we know, after Blake Smith's superb performance in the reserves last week, maybe he made the trip as well?

Romero will start for sure, atleast I hope. There is also the possibility that Arnaud plays on the wing if Nyassi is still knackered from his Gambia game, but I preferably would leave Arnaud down the middle where he has been successfull this year.
After seeing the difference between Arnaud in the middle of the pitch and on the wing, I would never start him on the wing ever again lol!

Closed Thread