The Bruins will be just fine

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
The Bruins will be just fine

Some of you will be surprised I'm posting this, but here goes:

You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. The Bruins will be just fine. In fact, my previous questions about the team in the off-season not-withstanding, I think this team should waltz into the playoffs without too much of a worry. Will they be in the top 4? Heck no. Will they be in the 5 - 8 spot? Yep.

How do I know this? Well, first off, considering the Bruins terrible play and the bellyaching going on by you B's fans, the team actually doesn't have all that bad of a record. Far from being out of it.

Second, the NHL is becoming a story of streaks lately. It seems every team at one point or another is on a good streak or a bad streak. No team (sans maybe the 2000 Red Wings) can play 82 games of high intensity hockey. Every team is going to play without intensity for at least 10 games of the season. If you honestly think the Colorado Avalanche's of the world play 82 games at a high-tempo pace, I invite you to watch 3 Avs games in a row at any point in this season before the All-Star break. Guarenteed, they will put up at least one stinker, or at least half-stinker and win the game on sheer luck or talent, and get outworked on the ice.

The Bruins are a veteran team. If they were a bunch of 22 year olds, okay, there'd be room to worry. But these guys have been through this kind of thing before, they know what it takes to turn things around. Right now, they've got Christmas gifts and family stuff on their minds, and that's the case for many teams around this time of the year, and even through mid-December. In fact, some of the worst hockey the NHL plays short of the exhibition schedule is around the 2nd week in December until early January.

And, like last year, the Bruins will pull out of their funk and make it into the playoffs. You guys should be so lucky this year though, since many other Eastern teams that should be involved in the playoff hunt are either long gone (Washington), or stumpling around aimlessly (Islanders). The Thrashers won't keep things up, promise.

So eat your Turkey, drink your egg nog, and just ride the bad spots out. Question the team, management, coaching all you like, but don't fret over missing the playoffs. It isn't going to happen. At least not this year.

Old
12-25-2003, 10:51 PM
reffree

Yes for sure, our team have the stat they're suppose to have and I know this team is not a top 4 or a contender, but like an other guy said, we have some solid young player, why can't we build arround them to finally be a contender team.

I mean
Thornton
Samsonov
Bergeron
Boynton
Jillson
Raycroft
all under 25, it's a pretty solid futur
and if you add
Toivunen, Stuart, Jonsson, Jurcina and Morrison, we could have a solid defense. But in an ohter side, I have less hope for our offensive prospect, I don't expect any of Samuelson, Hilbert, Huml be second liner.

We can't win without a solid second line and I'm tired of patch here and here again and again. We also need a leader at the blueline, it's not correct to put all that pression on Boyonton at this moment in si carrer.
I think our third line is one of the best if not the best of the league when they play axe with rolston and marty, and they will play many other years so why everybody want to trade them ...
Finally on the fourth line I really like veteran who play every shift like is was there last like Donato and Grosek does, guy who skate hard and are warrior type of player who bring energy and tempo to the rest of the team.

So what is separting us to be a true contender in app. 2-3 years
a second line and a true leader at the blue line.
we would not complete this for this year it's true, but if we can begin the work I would be very please with that.
I'm 22 and I NEVER see the Bruins win it... and I see the Habs win it twice, imagine my friend laughing at me... I can easily wait a couple of year to finaly be a TRUE contender, I'm sure we have the basement for that, how many dg dream to build arround Joe... we have him ... come on !!!!

ps: I don't write often cause my english is patetic, but I really love this board and I read it everyday, so continue your good job Bruins fans !!

Old
12-26-2003, 04:30 AM
skidmarks

ps: I don't write often cause my english is patetic, but I really love this board and I read it everyday, so continue your good job Bruins fans!!

My English is pathetic, as well. That's what happens when you're originally from New Jersey. Great post!!

Old
12-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree
Yes for sure, our team have the stat they're suppose to have and I know this team is not a top 4 or a contender, but like an other guy said, we have some solid young player, why can't we build arround them to finally be a contender team.

I mean
Thornton
Samsonov
Bergeron
Boynton
Jillson
Raycroft
all under 25, it's a pretty solid futur
and if you add
Toivunen, Stuart, Jonsson, Jurcina and Morrison, we could have a solid defense. But in an ohter side, I have less hope for our offensive prospect, I don't expect any of Samuelson, Hilbert, Huml be second liner.

We can't win without a solid second line and I'm tired of patch here and here again and again. We also need a leader at the blueline, it's not correct to put all that pression on Boyonton at this moment in si carrer.
I think our third line is one of the best if not the best of the league when they play axe with rolston and marty, and they will play many other years so why everybody want to trade them ...
Finally on the fourth line I really like veteran who play every shift like is was there last like Donato and Grosek does, guy who skate hard and are warrior type of player who bring energy and tempo to the rest of the team.

So what is separting us to be a true contender in app. 2-3 years
a second line and a true leader at the blue line.
we would not complete this for this year it's true, but if we can begin the work I would be very please with that.
I'm 22 and I NEVER see the Bruins win it... and I see the Habs win it twice, imagine my friend laughing at me... I can easily wait a couple of year to finaly be a TRUE contender, I'm sure we have the basement for that, how many dg dream to build arround Joe... we have him ... come on !!!!

ps: I don't write often cause my english is patetic, but I really love this board and I read it everyday, so continue your good job Bruins fans !!
Your english is fine my friend in fact its better than a few of those that claim English as a first language. Couple that with the fact that you know your stuff so keep posting you'll certainly add to the board.

Closed Thread