HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Happened?

Old
03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
SgtJoseph

vCash: 500
Not really one thing can soley be pointed out as the reason for a bad season........In my view one of the biggies is injuries....Too many to mention, and quite a few players are playing at well under 100% after coming back from injury like Harts, Mez, etc. We play short handed more than any team in the league is another biggy in my view. We struggle 5 on 5 offensively, and going 4 on 5 routinely more than our opponet any given night really hurts ! Couts has just not got it going this year on offense like many have hoped, although i am one who realizes he is still young and feel no need to panic trade the lad etc....

I think Bryz has been fairly solid this season considering the amount of games he has played and the rediculous amount of breakaways, and odd man rushes he faces any given game....He has lost quite a few games that he played outstanding in etc.

I still like Homer, still like Lavy as a coach etc, and still think that pro hockey is a crazy game that for what ever reason allows a club thats having a tough season to still match up well with one of the best teams in hockey and can beat them in the first round of the playoffs again if we can sneak in......We STILL for whatever reason match up pretty damn well against Pitts..........go figure ?

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
snoop88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Not really one thing can soley be pointed out as the reason for a bad season........In my view one of the biggies is injuries....Too many to mention, and quite a few players are playing at well under 100% after coming back from injury like Harts, Mez, etc. We play short handed more than any team in the league is another biggy in my view. We struggle 5 on 5 offensively, and going 4 on 5 routinely more than our opponet any given night really hurts ! Couts has just not got it going this year on offense like many have hoped, although i am one who realizes he is still young and feel no need to panic trade the lad etc....

I think Bryz has been fairly solid this season considering the amount of games he has played and the rediculous amount of breakaways, and odd man rushes he faces any given game....He has lost quite a few games that he played outstanding in etc.

I still like Homer, still like Lavy as a coach etc, and still think that pro hockey is a crazy game that for what ever reason allows a club thats having a tough season to still match up well with one of the best teams in hockey and can beat them in the first round of the playoffs again if we can sneak in......We STILL for whatever reason match up pretty damn well against Pitts..........go figure ?

stop, just stop

we wouldn't beat pittsburgh in the playoffs. we would get CREAMED

the flyers are the 3rd worst team in the league, the pens are the 2nd best.

snoop88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcelite View Post
- horrible offseason (lost two top six wingers)
- Sophomore slumbs B Schenn Couts
- Injuries
- Coaching stlye that doesnt find

Perhabs its only the coach
No, it's Bryzgalov!

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
flyersnut

No trade or movement clauses in contracts, and the players are tuning out the coach. Players are just collecting a paycheck now, do not want to compete, since most of them can not move without their consent. Now we need the GM and owner to accept we are screwed until these contracts arer done, and we need to rebuild through the draft. It will take 2 to 3 years, and hopefully some luck and we will have a cup contender.

flyersnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM
BringBackStevens

I don't buy the injury excuse. Discounting Pronger, the injuries have not been anything close to insurmountable. On an individual level (Hartnell), I think injuries are a valid excuse. That doesn't excuse how ill prepared the team has been to handle that situation. It's not like Giroux, Voracek, Timonen, and Bryz have missed time.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop88 View Post
stop, just stop

we wouldn't beat pittsburgh in the playoffs. we would get CREAMED

the flyers are the 3rd worst team in the league, the pens are the 2nd best.
Respectfully i disagree with you..........We match up very well against the Pens, be it because of rivalry, player match ups, goalie match ups etc.Forget about records when these 2 clubs play..Our club gets in their heads very effectively, expecially over a 7 game series .I would give us a 50/50 chance of knockin them out if we could sneak in. Momentum is a big deal in the playoffs, and if our club ever gets in it will only be because we got very hot....

Old
03-28-2013, 04:27 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Respectfully i disagree with you..........We match up very well against the Pens, be it because of rivalry, player match ups, goalie match ups etc.Forget about records when these 2 clubs play..Our club gets in their heads very effectively, expecially over a 7 game series .I would give us a 50/50 chance of knockin them out if we could sneak in. Momentum is a big deal in the playoffs, and if our club ever gets in it will only be because we got very hot....
The Flyers are only good against the Pens when they can get them off their game like they did for most of last year. If the Pens just play like NJ did, and not get distracted by the sideshow antics, they'll smoke them. And it wouldn't be close.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Richards and Carter were once part of a young, promising core similar to the one we have now- it wasn't just them. Remember Upshall, Lupul, and Umberger? Our roster is going to continue to have turnover because that's what Holmgren does. He won't leave it alone for long.
And don't forget Patrick Sharp, a Flyer 3rd round pick in 2001, who turned into no slouch with Chicago! Mind you, that one can't be blamed on Holmgren.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:07 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
The Flyers are only good against the Pens when they can get them off their game like they did for most of last year. If the Pens just play like NJ did, and not get distracted by the sideshow antics, they'll smoke them. And it wouldn't be close.
Last game the Pens were not knocked off their game and it wuz certainly a game that coulda gone either way ? It took a late 5 on 3 to get it in OT ? We matched up VERY well in that game ?I will betcha Pitts would HATE having to face us in the first round..........Just as would we hate playing Jersey in the first round if the tables were turned.......Match ups are a strange thing in Hockey, and many times things just do not add up for whatever reason ?

Old
03-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Weber, Suter & Parise not here
Foster, Gervais & Fedetenko here

awful team D

frequent lack of hustle

more turnovers than a bakery

no competent backup netminder

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:20 PM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

awful team D

frequent lack of hustle

What, no mention of the play of our 5.7 million 9 year contract man?

What was it 33rs in GAA and 40th in sv%. Not his fault at all just crappy defense.

spudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:38 AM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
What, no mention of the play of our 5.7 million 9 year contract man?

What was it 33rs in GAA and 40th in sv%. Not his fault at all just crappy defense.
A giant part of it actually, yeah...

When Pronger/Carle and Kimmo/Coburn started to really find their top 4 chemistry all it took was 4 d-men to make a freshly claimed off waivers Michael Leighton look like a season saving stud. D makes a big difference for many goaltenders, whether making them look better or worse than they are. There's a reason why some teams are consistently having great goaltending stats seemingly regardless of whoever they throw between the pipes. I do agree when you sarcastically say 'not his fault at all just crappy defense' it is definitely partially his fault, I mean he hasn't been playing like a vezina candidate. But philadelphia's system and their roster are NOT conducive to good goaltending performance, period. I guarentee you almost every goalie in the league would have a stat decline if they were traded to Philadelphia.

I guess my point is, right now... Regardless of whether or not Bryz is part of the problem, even if he wasn't, it wouldn't make any difference with the team and play in front of him. Unless we got a Tim Thomas legendary season/conn smyth game night in, night out only then might that make a difference.

Still though, if they -DO- make necessary adjustments and improvements, Bryz may still remain as a weak link that will need to be addressed and so it is worth addressing now. Just, he certainly cannot be given the brunt of the blame when he's one player and the team collectively makes it impossible for him whether he does or does not perform well.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:23 AM
TheTechNoir

Leighton is an awful goaltender.

When he joined Philly, they were past the quarter-season mark or a little past, and tied for 30th overall. This was the last time Philly had a really well functioning, impressive defense. Look at how good Leighton's numbers are compared to his norm. after putting on a Flyers sweater. This is the year they lost in game 6 to Chicago btw (most cited reason for loss was their entire lack of a bottom pairing defense, causing guys like Pronger who had been playing 30+ minutes a night to start burning out). Their excellent offense, aggressive fore-checking/run and gun style in tandem with their high quality defense was very good.

In the playoffs he shared a shut-out with Boucher and shut Montreal out 3 times. Even then, in game 7 against Boston he showed that he was capable of allowing very soft, team deflating goals. And I certainly don't have to get into the Kane goal.

One thing is for damn sure, Bryzgalov is a much better goaltender than Leighton. However Leighton's stats that year kill Bryzzy's.

The next season, Meszaros played the full season and was arguably our best d, Pronger only played 50 games but played fantastic during that time. Plus, the year before... Losing pronger would be lethal because we had NO ONE after our top 4. The next year Meszaros was the big addition, and in general we shored up our bottom pairing a bit. In the off-season leading up to this year, a lot of people discussed Philly as a cup favourite and some believed that they might have the league's strongest defense, a lot of comparisons to Vancouver if I remember correctly.

Result?
Bobrovsky has a great rookie season and even garners some calder discussion at various points throughout the year.

Partner in crime Boucher (who did very poorly the year before playing in the first ~third of the season before the team found their chemistry and started playing well - Emery also played terribly, until Leighton came in) had the most consistent season of his career that season, and his stats were just barely under his last SJS season stats (his best year stat wise). Except that year he played less games and had that insane 5 game shut-out streak.

The next season when Pronger only played 13 games, Carle's game fell-off largely without the chemistry he shared with Pronger, Kimmo's age started to show, and Mesz did manage 62 games but was playing off and on injured and wasn't the same as the year before. That season, it became obvious defense was becoming a problem. They dressed far more total d-men than the prior two seasons. Their top 4 was not as strong as two years prior that they could get away with scrubs on the bottom string, and they encountered the above mentioned problems compared to one year prior.
Result, Bob regresses badly. He shows signs of strong potential still, but he is led like a lamb to the slaughter unlike the year before. Bryz? He shows flashes of brilliance but is really inconsistent. Yes, he allowed plenty of soft, bad goals that were his fault - true. And he is part of a problem, but... The two years before, Leighton & Boucher are not as good as Bryzgalov, no question asked. And while they also let in soft goals, the defense and team play in front of them was sufficient that their stats were padded.

Incidentally, when Bryz heated up in March and was named player of the month, Philly had just gotten Grossman and was starting to play better defensively.

This year Philly is playing worse defensively than last year, the year before that, and the year before that (the 4 years I am covering here). Their whole team in general is playing worse, in fact.

Bob is with a new team, and immediately jumped back to his rookie season form and still has potential growth/improvement. This year, Leighton was bad when he played, and Boucher's 4 appearances haven't been good (stat wise). Boucher played pretty good at times, but he isn't a good enough goalie to deal with what was coming at him. Those years when bouch/leighton had good numbers, if you changed those teams to this team and had them play that amount of games, their stats would decline -badly-.

Bryz is definitely not living up to his contract, and I don't direct this at you specifically, just those who are solely blaming him or making it sound like the team in front of him is playing just fine. A good team can make a bad goalie average or good, a good team can make an average goalie good to great. A bad team can make a good goalie average to poor, an awful team can make a great goalie average to poor.

Bryz is not the answer, his stats were padded in Phx just like Smith's were last year, and this year his numbers are making him look worse than he is. In the previous years, Boucher/Leighton's stats were padded and made them look a lot better than they are. Bobrovsky's sophmore season was a disaster because you don't throw a second year goalie to the wolves the way they did to him.

This team has severe defensive deficiencies and their style of play no longer has the cushion of veteran guidance for their forwards or the caliber of defenseman to compensate for a riskier, more offensively driven system and you don't have to look back far to see strong evidence of this. Bryz would've had excellent stats with Philly two and three years ago, Bouch/Leighton would have awful stats this year. If Bryz is too expensive, especially to facilitate what needs to be done to improve their defense, then he needs to be bought out. But right now the primary problem and the primary focus of resolving the problem should be on their defense.

Seriously though, go back and watch a game from January 2010-March 2011 when Carle/Pronger, Kimmo/Coburn, and especially if Mesz is also in the line-up. Watch how they play in their own zone, and watch the types of shots and locations those shots are from when the opponents get them. Recall the best saves of those games, often times they are not particularly impressive saves, because impressive saves were not required. Now watch a game without guys like Richards and a better form Gagne playing their good two-way, or the addition of Jagr to help stabilize their young core the following season and without that same defensive group together this year. Watch them in their own zone, and pay attention to the nicest saves of the game by Philly. Compare.

Last edited by TheTechNoir: 03-29-2013 at 02:28 AM.
TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Lots of goalies on bad defensive teams manage to not get completely wrecked like Bryzgalov has, that's the problem.

03-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
What, no mention of the play of our 5.7 million.....
here is my mention of Bryz.

if they addressed the awful team D, frequent lack of hustle, turnovers & had a competent backup netminder I think Bryz would do very good job.

heck, there were even parts of THIS year where Bryz looked great, despite all of the above issues. couple the way we play & his workload behind this team, no wonder he's no longer overcoming our deficiencies.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:50 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

everything

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:13 PM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Lots of goalies on bad defensive teams manage to not get completely wrecked like Bryzgalov has, that's the problem.
All of them get wrecked, and there is a bunch of better goalies than Bryz playing in them.
There of course is exceptions like Lehtonen in Dallas, or goalies in St.Louis, but bad defensive teams have bad goalie stats, and great defensive teams have good goalie stats to an extent.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
All of them get wrecked, and there is a bunch of better goalies than Bryz playing in them.
There of course is exceptions like Lehtonen in Dallas, or goalies in St.Louis, but bad defensive teams have bad goalie stats, and great defensive teams have good goalie stats to an extent.
Edmonton is the worst defensive team in the league by far. If you watch them for a few games, you'll see what I mean. Yet somehow, Dubnyk blows Bryz away. Buffalo is a debacle as well, and Miller is doing better than Bryz. Ward and Ellis on Carolina, another defensive disaster worse then the Flyers, have outperformed Bryz. Tampa Bay's goalies have outperformed Bryz. Ottawa has been completely decimated by defensive injuries, and somehow Anderson leads the league. The Avalanche have sucked, and their goalies have outperformed Bryz.

Lots of goalies on bad teams have done better than Bryz. The guy isn't worth his contract, especially when you consider that he'll be entering his decline in 2-3 years...and there's still a lot of time on his contract after that.

There's also that Bob guy, who plays on a mediocre/bad CBJ team who routinely spends whole periods getting shelled in their own end...he holds up very well somehow, and elevates his team and makes them better than they are. Something Bryz doesn't do. It's been two nearly two months since Bryz has been responsible for making the Flyers better on his own. He's been along for the ride at best, or making the ride bumpier. He has a cap hit that indicates he should be better than that.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 03-30-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:34 AM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Edmonton is the worst defensive team in the league by far. If you watch them for a few games, you'll see what I mean. Yet somehow, Dubnyk blows Bryz away. Buffalo is a debacle as well, and Miller is doing better than Bryz. Ward and Ellis on Carolina, another defensive disaster worse then the Flyers, have outperformed Bryz. Tampa Bay's goalies have outperformed Bryz. Ottawa has been completely decimated by defensive injuries, and somehow Anderson leads the league. The Avalanche have sucked, and their goalies have outperformed Bryz.

Lots of goalies on bad teams have done better than Bryz. The guy isn't worth his contract, especially when you consider that he'll be entering his decline in 2-3 years...and there's still a lot of time on his contract after that.

There's also that Bob guy, who plays on a mediocre/bad CBJ team who routinely spends whole periods getting shelled in their own end...he holds up very well somehow, and elevates his team and makes them better than they are. Something Bryz doesn't do. It's been two nearly two months since Bryz has been responsible for making the Flyers better on his own. He's been along for the ride at best, or making the ride bumpier. He has a cap hit that indicates he should be better than that.
IŽam all in with you!

My hope is the following:

They have decided to buy out Bryz, so they overplay him a lot because he will leave this team nevertheless.

If they seriously want to go with bryz why in the world donŽt they try to get a backup?

I pray every day that they buyout him.

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
IŽam all in with you!

My hope is the following:

They have decided to buy out Bryz, so they overplay him a lot because he will leave this team nevertheless.

If they seriously want to go with bryz why in the world donŽt they try to get a backup?

I pray every day that they buyout him.
I think they should wait until next offseason. There's no obviously available solution this year.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:14 AM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
I think they should wait until next offseason. There's no obviously available solution this year.
But will there be ever a available solution?

UFA Goalies 2014

Miller, Ryan BUF G UFA 6,250,000 0 31 he will be traded or resigned. CanŽt imagine that they let him go to free agency
Lundqvist, Henrik NYR G UFA 5,125,000 2 39 will resign
Brodeur, Martin NJ G UFA 5,000,000 4 31 too old
Halak, Jaroslav STL G UFA 4,500,000 0 25 will resign
Hiller, Jonas ANA G UFA 4,500,000 1 29 injury prone
Dubnyk, Devan EDM G UFA 3,750,000 1 20 not proven, will resign
Crawford, Corey CHI G UFA 2,500,000 0 30 will resign
Vokoun, Tomas PIT G UFA 2,000,000 1 25 not his former self
Elliott, Brian STL G UFA 1,900,000 0 23 incosistant
Giguere, Jean-Sebastien COL G UFA 1,500,000 0 15 too old
Gustavsson, Jonas DET G UFA 1,500,000 1 17 not skilled enough
Kiprusoff, Miikka CGY G UFA 1,500,000 0 35 too old
Hedberg, Johan NJ G UFA 1,400,000 0 17 not skilled enough
Biron, Martin NYR G UFA 1,300,000 3 12 not skilled enough
Clemmensen, Scott FLA G UFA 1,300,000 1 14 not skilled enough
Nilsson, Anders NYI G UFA 900,000 0 1 not skilled enough
Scrivens, Ben TOR G UFA 625,000 0 4 not skilled enough
Peters, Justin CAR G UFA 550,000 0 2 not skilled enough
Zatkoff, Jeff PIT G UFA 525,000 0 0 not skilled enough

RFA Goalies 2014

Varlamov, Semyon COL G RFA 3,000,000 1 26 will resign
Lindback, Anders TB G RFA 2,200,000 1 5 not proven
Reimer, James TOR G RFA 1,600,000 0 14 injury prone
Andersen, Frederik ANA G RFA 925,000 0 not skilled enough
Heeter, Cal PHI G RFA 925,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Svedberg, Niklas BOS G RFA 925,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Cannata, Joe VAN G RFA 900,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Kuemper, Darcy MIN G RFA 900,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Pickard, Calvin COL G RFA 900,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Lack, Eddie VAN G RFA 850,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Lehner, Robin OTT G RFA 810,000 0 3 unproven
Missiaen, Jason NYR G RFA 725,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Roy, Olivier EDM G RFA 670,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Stajcer, Scott NYR G RFA 670,000 0 0 not skilled
Millan, Keiran COL G RFA 665,000 0 0 not skilled
Patterson, Kent COL G RFA 665,000 0 0 not skilled
Bobkov, Igor ANA G RFA 650,000 0 0 not skilled
Helenius, Riku TB G RFA 650,000 0 0 not skilled
Mrazek, Petr DET G RFA 605,000 0 0 not skilled
Delmas, Peter MON G RFA 600,000 0 0 not skilled
Knapp, Connor BUF G RFA 595,000 0 0 not skilled
Clermont, Maxime NJ G RFA 560,000 0 0 not skilled
Berube, Jean-Francois LA G RFA 525,000 0 0 not skilled

In my eyes we will need a lot luck to get a real #1. Or we need to give a chance to young goalies. The only thing i can see is getting Miller. Wether it is via trade or free agency it will be a very cheap acquisition. But i would love to have him here.... Do you see another solution?

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmanrulez View Post
But will there be ever a available solution?

UFA Goalies 2014

Miller, Ryan BUF G UFA 6,250,000 0 31 he will be traded or resigned. CanŽt imagine that they let him go to free agency
Lundqvist, Henrik NYR G UFA 5,125,000 2 39 will resign
Brodeur, Martin NJ G UFA 5,000,000 4 31 too old
Halak, Jaroslav STL G UFA 4,500,000 0 25 will resign
Hiller, Jonas ANA G UFA 4,500,000 1 29 injury prone
Dubnyk, Devan EDM G UFA 3,750,000 1 20 not proven, will resign
Crawford, Corey CHI G UFA 2,500,000 0 30 will resign
Vokoun, Tomas PIT G UFA 2,000,000 1 25 not his former self
Elliott, Brian STL G UFA 1,900,000 0 23 incosistant
Giguere, Jean-Sebastien COL G UFA 1,500,000 0 15 too old
Gustavsson, Jonas DET G UFA 1,500,000 1 17 not skilled enough
Kiprusoff, Miikka CGY G UFA 1,500,000 0 35 too old
Hedberg, Johan NJ G UFA 1,400,000 0 17 not skilled enough
Biron, Martin NYR G UFA 1,300,000 3 12 not skilled enough
Clemmensen, Scott FLA G UFA 1,300,000 1 14 not skilled enough
Nilsson, Anders NYI G UFA 900,000 0 1 not skilled enough
Scrivens, Ben TOR G UFA 625,000 0 4 not skilled enough
Peters, Justin CAR G UFA 550,000 0 2 not skilled enough
Zatkoff, Jeff PIT G UFA 525,000 0 0 not skilled enough

RFA Goalies 2014

Varlamov, Semyon COL G RFA 3,000,000 1 26 will resign
Lindback, Anders TB G RFA 2,200,000 1 5 not proven
Reimer, James TOR G RFA 1,600,000 0 14 injury prone
Andersen, Frederik ANA G RFA 925,000 0 not skilled enough
Heeter, Cal PHI G RFA 925,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Svedberg, Niklas BOS G RFA 925,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Cannata, Joe VAN G RFA 900,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Kuemper, Darcy MIN G RFA 900,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Pickard, Calvin COL G RFA 900,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Lack, Eddie VAN G RFA 850,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Lehner, Robin OTT G RFA 810,000 0 3 unproven
Missiaen, Jason NYR G RFA 725,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Roy, Olivier EDM G RFA 670,000 0 0 not skilled enough
Stajcer, Scott NYR G RFA 670,000 0 0 not skilled
Millan, Keiran COL G RFA 665,000 0 0 not skilled
Patterson, Kent COL G RFA 665,000 0 0 not skilled
Bobkov, Igor ANA G RFA 650,000 0 0 not skilled
Helenius, Riku TB G RFA 650,000 0 0 not skilled
Mrazek, Petr DET G RFA 605,000 0 0 not skilled
Delmas, Peter MON G RFA 600,000 0 0 not skilled
Knapp, Connor BUF G RFA 595,000 0 0 not skilled
Clermont, Maxime NJ G RFA 560,000 0 0 not skilled
Berube, Jean-Francois LA G RFA 525,000 0 0 not skilled

In my eyes we will need a lot luck to get a real #1. Or we need to give a chance to young goalies. The only thing i can see is getting Miller. Wether it is via trade or free agency it will be a very cheap acquisition. But i would love to have him here.... Do you see another solution?
Well, this is why you have to develop your own goalie and defensemen...things the Flyers can't do, apparently, so they overpay in FA to mask that issue.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:46 AM
JustJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

awful team D

frequent lack of hustle

Do you ever wonder why those star players went to other teams? It's not because of money.
I don't think Weber or Suter wanted to play in front of a porous goalie like Bryz, and they didn't want to play for Laviolette....that's what I thought when they turned down the Flyers offers.
Foster? (Has he played?), Gervais (Talbot's girlfriend) , and a worn out,slow, Fedotenko are hardly suitable replacements for the players Holmgren lost.
Holmgren is the reason behind this epic failure this season.
I was at training camp watching the team get ready to begin this stunted season. They looked hung over, slow, and un prepared to start playing.
It's time to fire the GM, then gut this team and start over!

JustJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The short, blanket answer is that they burned the candles at both ends for a while and got burnt. Can't rely on free agency to fix all your problems anymore, not that it was ever a great way to do it to start with.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
Do you ever wonder why those star players went to other teams? It's not because of money.
I don't think Weber or Suter wanted to play in front of ....
i really hate to let facts get in the way of another criticism of Bryz, but Weber actually signed here ..... NASH matched it.

clearly you are wrong.