HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Watching Lundqvist for a Concussion (Experiencing Head/Neck Pain)

Old
03-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
No chance he (MCI) doesn't start next season in NY.
Says who? Of course there's a chance he doesn't start here next summer. I'd put his odds at 50-50.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I read an article about him a year ago that the reason they call him "the Undertaker" is because when he hits, there's no point of sending out the medical staff, or an ambulatory staff, but rather someone from a funeral home to come get the body.

Of course, hyperbole but they were saying when he lays into a hit, don't be surprised if the other guy gets really rocked.

This is absolutely true. Without exaggeration, it sounds like the whole building shakes when he crashes into the opponent. You know the sound of really loud thunder? That's what his hits sound like. At some point, forwards will learn that it's just not a good idea to go to where he patrols the ice. Dump the puck, go make a line change, and have someone else get creamed. Even now, after only three dozen games, I am noticing that opposing players aren't dumb enough to try to skate between MCI and the boards because that's an injury risk every time.

Old
03-30-2013, 02:48 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Says who? Of course there's a chance he doesn't start here next summer. I'd put his odds at 50-50.
Says I.

But seriously he'll be the #7 defenseman, worst case scenario. He could end up being the 5th. No way Em, Stralman, and Bickle/whomever all beat him out.

Personally I think he's ready for some (limited) time now.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:07 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Says I.

But seriously he'll be the #7 defenseman, worst case scenario. He could end up being the 5th. No way Em, Stralman, and Bickle/whomever all beat him out.

Personally I think he's ready for some (limited) time now.

I don't know what he will be, but I do know that he will not be a #7 defenseman. A 21 year old boy is not going to be made to sit and not play. He will either play on the third pair a minimum of 13-15 minutes a game or he will be in the AHL. You can't have a 21 year old sit in the stands.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

vCash: 50
Quote:
This is absolutely true. Without exaggeration, it sounds like the whole building shakes when he crashes into the opponent. You know the sound of really loud thunder? That's what his hits sound like. At some point, forwards will learn that it's just not a good idea to go to where he patrols the ice. Dump the puck, go make a line change, and have someone else get creamed. Even now, after only three dozen games, I am noticing that opposing players aren't dumb enough to try to skate between MCI and the boards because that's an injury risk every time.
That sounds awesome.

03-30-2013, 04:16 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

what happened to Torts' policy?

I think this is the organization is saving face with Mr Henrik.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Now if only Boyle would play like that. Why he doesn't at his size is beyond me.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Now if only Boyle would play like that. Why he doesn't at his size is beyond me.
his balance.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:30 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Because he doesn't want to end up with career ending injury. MCI will follow Sauer if he continues. This is NHL. People send message first then follow with act. Ovi got the message. So will MCI I am sure. Boyle just knows.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote