HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marcus Johansson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 08:43 AM
  #26
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Clowe is a UFA (that I'd love to sign but wouldn't want to give up stuff for beforehand) and Braun is a RD who isn't an upgrade over our 3 RD.

Vlasic and Pavelski are two players of interest who aren't untouchable. Don't know if a deal around any of them is feasible. Probably not.
Didn't they lock him up?

I would take him and someone else for MoJo. He's alot worth more than some people in this thread are giving. Possible number 2 center if you don't already have one.

He plays on the wing or the third now only because he can't staple himself with Ribeiro there now.

This guy could easily be the next Jordan Staal on the right team.

He's still young and has potential be a solid number 2.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:44 AM
  #27
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Johansson + Forsberg + 1st

for

Kessel + Gunnarsson

Caps can either power up with Ovi and Kessel on Backstroms wings or they most likely seperate them and have a elite goal threat on the first 2 lines. Gunnarsson is a solid 2-way d-man who is cheap.

Leafs get rid of one of Burkes mistakes and get 2 young promising players who would fit a rebuilding team like the Leafs. And an added first seeing as Leafs is by far giving up the best player in the deal.
Um... no.

We're not giving up Forsberg. Ever. Not for Kessel and his money, not even with Gunnarsson.

Especially with Kuznetsov two years out and Forsberg coming next year. We won't take this.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:46 AM
  #28
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Um... no.

We're not giving up Forsberg. Ever. Not for Kessel and his money, not even with Gunnarsson.

Especially with Kuznetsov two years out and Forsberg coming next year. We won't take this.
Wat. Forsberg is a great prospect, but having two of the best goalscorers in the league on your team without having to give up any core pieces is a no brainer. Getting a steady defenseman in the deal as well is just gravy.

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
  #29
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,311
vCash: 500
Sam Gagner and 3rd

for Marcus

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 AM
  #30
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 20,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Sam Gagner and 3rd

for Marcus
The Caps have no need for Gagner.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:15 AM
  #31
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Wat. Forsberg is a great prospect, but having two of the best goalscorers in the league on your team without having to give up any core pieces is a no brainer. Getting a steady defenseman in the deal as well is just gravy.
A "great prospect"? That's it?

Forsberg is a likely Top 6 forward and we already have Kuznetsov coming into the wings. The lineup would look like this:

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kessel
Forsberg, Ribeiro, Kuznetsov
Suck, Suck, Suck
Suck, Suck, Suck

Too much money to spend on the Top 6. Plus we could fill someone else in there for half the price of Kessel and put Kuznetsov on the first line where he should be. There is no way that deal would get done. Maybe MoJo and someone else, not Forsberg.

We have no need for a guy like Kessel or Gagner.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
  #32
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Johansson + Forsberg + 1st

for

Kessel + Gunnarsson

Caps can either power up with Ovi and Kessel on Backstroms wings or they most likely seperate them and have a elite goal threat on the first 2 lines. Gunnarsson is a solid 2-way d-man who is cheap.

Leafs get rid of one of Burkes mistakes and get 2 young promising players who would fit a rebuilding team like the Leafs. And an added first seeing as Leafs is by far giving up the best player in the deal.
Johansson > Gunnarson
Forsberg + 1st = Kessel.
This is close to equal. No way we win this trade big tim

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
  #33
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,614
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Johansson > Gunnarson
Forsberg + 1st = Kessel.
This is close to equal. No way we win this trade big tim
I tried to make a deal both teams would win.

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:55 AM
  #34
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
I tried to make a deal both teams would win.
We don't win that one. That first round pick could be high.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:59 AM
  #35
johnny_rudeboy
Registered User
 
johnny_rudeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,614
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
A "great prospect"? That's it?

Forsberg is a likely Top 6 forward and we already have Kuznetsov coming into the wings. The lineup would look like this:

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kessel
Forsberg, Ribeiro, Kuznetsov
Suck, Suck, Suck
Suck, Suck, Suck

Too much money to spend on the Top 6. Plus we could fill someone else in there for half the price of Kessel and put Kuznetsov on the first line where he should be. There is no way that deal would get done. Maybe MoJo and someone else, not Forsberg.

We have no need for a guy like Kessel or Gagner.
Zibanejad and MPS both very higher ranked during their draft year the Forsberg was during his draft year and they played in the SEL whilst Forsberg play in the 2nd tier Allsvenskan. The step over from Europe to NA is not always an easy step to make so I would not put Forsberg in your top 6 as soon as next season if you plan to be competitive.

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:20 AM
  #36
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
A "great prospect"? That's it?
.
Well what else is he?

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:45 AM
  #37
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
How about:
Two of Perreault/Galiev/Schilling, first, Johansson,
for
Kessel, Gunnarsson
I just don't see us giving up both first and Forsberg.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
  #38
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Johansson + Forsberg + 1st

for

Kessel + Gunnarsson

Caps can either power up with Ovi and Kessel on Backstroms wings or they most likely seperate them and have a elite goal threat on the first 2 lines. Gunnarsson is a solid 2-way d-man who is cheap.

Leafs get rid of one of Burkes mistakes and get 2 young promising players who would fit a rebuilding team like the Leafs. And an added first seeing as Leafs is by far giving up the best player in the deal.
From caps side this seems fair (which means its probably a ripoff for the Leafs) but we don't really want Kessel. Would really sting giving up that much after letting a roughly equal player walk this summer for no reason. Could we keep it around Johansson (+) for Gunnarsson and Kulemin? You can trade Kessel to some other team that would probably be more desperate.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
  #39
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Curious, why would you want to give up Johansson? Can't he play wing? I mean he is actually cost-controlled (unlike guys like Brouwer and Laich) and gave you almost 50 pts last year at a fairly young age. Looking at you roster, I don't exactly see an overload of top 6 calibre players.

Banking on Forsberg panning out and Kusnestov coming over?

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:30 AM
  #40
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Hjalmarsson+Stalberg for Johansson
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I'd do either of these two. Fair deals.
Currently, there is NO chance the Hawks make that deal, mainly due to Hjalmarsson's play. He's really been the Hawks be d-man so far this year, and really looks like he's finally reaching his potential. As it stands, he's a very good 2nd pair guy and the Hawks don't have a replacement for him. I like MJ, but he's not worth opening a hole on the blueline to add him to the mix.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
  #41
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
Curious, why would you want to give up Johansson? Can't he play wing? I mean he is actually cost-controlled (unlike guys like Brouwer and Laich) and gave you almost 50 pts last year at a fairly young age. Looking at you roster, I don't exactly see an overload of top 6 calibre players.

Banking on Forsberg panning out and Kusnestov coming over?
We want a more gritty/big body guy of similar or higher pedigree. Johansson needs a lot of work in that regard and he probably never becomes that kind of player.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:19 AM
  #42
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Bumping the thread as Johansson has turned the season around lately after coming back from concussion. How about Johansson for McGinn?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:07 AM
  #43
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 21,977
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Bumping the thread as Johansson has turned the season around lately after coming back from concussion. How about Johansson for McGinn?
I don't think Avs do that, no need. Would be more of a sideways move. Colorado would look to improve D anyway.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:36 AM
  #44
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
I don't think Avs do that, no need. Would be more of a sideways move. Colorado would look to improve D anyway.
Well, does anybody know of the team that needs more skill and has a not old gritty top-6 LH LW? That would be a framework of a trade.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:32 AM
  #45
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 45,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Rostislav Klesla + Steve Sullivan?
I'd probably do this as a Yotes fan.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:33 AM
  #46
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 45,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Klesla plays mostly the right side, unfortunately. Supposedly he can also line up on the left, but it's not where he's been used in Phoenix.
Klesla only plays the right side in Phoenix because need warrants it. He's a LD. He's just versatile enough to be switched to RD.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:43 AM
  #47
Cbh23
Registered User
 
Cbh23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Walkersville, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Klesla only plays the right side in Phoenix because need warrants it. He's a LD. He's just versatile enough to be switched to RD.
Caps have no interest in Klesla in a trade for MoJo

Cbh23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:35 PM
  #48
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd probably do this as a Yotes fan.
I posted it awhile ago, but I'd still do it. Klesla is what the Caps need. BADLY.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:04 PM
  #49
Moller
Registered User
 
Moller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 573
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Well, does anybody know of the team that needs more skill and has a not old gritty top-6 LH LW? That would be a framework of a trade.
Ottawa. Michalek is great when he's actually on the roster but we need someone to push Greening and company down the left side depth chart. We need a sniper or power forward for that first/second line LW spot. Does Johansson fit that type of role?

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:00 PM
  #50
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 21,977
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
Ottawa. Michalek is great when he's actually on the roster but we need someone to push Greening and company down the left side depth chart. We need a sniper or power forward for that first/second line LW spot. Does Johansson fit that type of role?
Well, not really. Shot isn't anything special, same with finishing. Not the strongest kid on skates.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.