HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Old
03-30-2013, 02:28 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

vCash: 500
Saint Joseph is amazing. Even for a non-religious type. It's beautiful.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:25 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingWraith View Post
Anybody got any tips for The Grand Prix weekend in June? How insane does it get? How difficult is it to find reasonable accommodation?
Reasonable or not the entire city is packed with italian, greek or any other nationalities D-bags from all over Canada and the United States. Meaning you can't get an hotel or a motel room unless you're ready to drive min 40mins to downtown. So I'd suggest you make your reservations now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
whats the EDM scene like in montreal? best spots to hit next weekend?
Tons of places, techno and electronica literally rules in MTL especially during the summer. If you go in town in a few months be sure to check out piknic electronic in parc jean-drapeau.

Igloo fest during the winter

http://www.edmcanada.com/montreal/
http://www.montreal-nightclubs.com/e...sic-festivals/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Just saw this on my Facebook. This is downright retarded. If any of you see these *******s, please punch them in the throat:

http://www.mook-life.com/the-montrea...-championship/
Yeah I wouldn't punch those wolves in the throat unless I had a very good reason to do so, but hey whatever fills your boat...

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Reasonable or not the entire city is packed with italian, greek or any other nationalities D-bags from all over Canada and the United States. Meaning you can't get an hotel or a motel room unless you're ready to drive min 40mins to downtown. So I'd suggest you make your reservations now.

Tons of places, techno and electronica literally rules in MTL especially during the summer. If you go in town in a few months be sure to check out piknic electronic in parc jean-drapeau.

Igloo fest during the winter

http://www.edmcanada.com/montreal/
http://www.montreal-nightclubs.com/e...sic-festivals/

Yeah I wouldn't punch those wolves in the throat unless I had a very good reason to do so, but hey whatever fills your boat...
I meant floats, can't edit my post... stupid B's mods.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 12:27 PM
scopar

Just wanted to post a thank you to the OP and other posters here for this very helpful thread. I was in Montreal for work last week and was able to pick up a single ticket to the jets game on Thursday. While I didn't enjoy seeing the jets lose, this thread helped me find things to do during my short visit. Hans fans were pretty nice and surprisingly not jerks (maybe in sympathy for being a jets fan)... Anyway thanks!

scopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Poochie_D

Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice (not insanely expensive) italian restaurant in the downtown area? Any places you guys can recommend? I'm taking out a dozen people and I'm paying for the whole thing. Want it to be a nice place but not break the bank over it. A place that I could make negotiate something with the owners would be a plus.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Darz

Hey Guys...I'm making my 2nd venture to Montreal this Saturday (April 13th) til Tuesday (April 16th) with my brothers and another friend of mine. Got Tickets in the club Desjardins section for Monday's game versus the Flyers.

The first time in Montreal found quite a few great places to go and have some beers, but since we will be in town on Saturday night, I was wondering where you think would be the best place to watch the Habs/Leafs game. We are staying at the Candlewood suites, so the closer to there the better.

Looking forward to a great time in the greatest city I've ever been too.

04-15-2013, 11:23 AM
zeeto

My wife and I are heading up for the Capitals game this Saturday and it's our first trip up with our 7 month old daughter. We had been just thinking of getting up to Montreal about 1-2pm, putzing around, then going to dinner and the game, but now we're thinking of heading up Friday and doing activities for her during the day. Are there any recommendations on things to do, that are catered specifically to younger kids? We'll be staying at the Sheraton, across the street from the Bell, so the closer to that the better, ie walking distance, but we have no problem driving places.

zeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:29 PM
flyersguy33*

heading up this weekend. any good bars with a dance floor? I don't wana go to any clubs. also what's the bar where you can get a tap setup at your table?

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 08:57 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Hey guys,
I'm looking into coming to study in Montreal as an exchange student From January to May 2014.

What would be the best option in terms of accommodation for that time period? I'm thinking perhaps the Hostel listed in the first post or perhaps a homestay. I'll be at McGill btw, so preferably want something close to downtown.

Thanks

EssendonBombers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 08:27 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssendonBombers View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking into coming to study in Montreal as an exchange student From January to May 2014.

What would be the best option in terms of accommodation for that time period? I'm thinking perhaps the Hostel listed in the first post or perhaps a homestay. I'll be at McGill btw, so preferably want something close to downtown.

Thanks
you should look for local listing like kijiji or voir.ca to see if you can find someone how's renting a room or looking for a roommate if not the hostel is close enough to the campuses.

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:14 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 768
Well, we have a group of St. Louisans heading to Montreal the weekend of 10/10 for a bachelor party. We were hoping to be able to catch a game up there, regardless of what team would be visiting. I just checked the Bell center site to see if those dates were at least open, for games to be scheduled. Low and behold, this is what I found...

http://www.centrebell.ca/en/page/calendar/2013/10

CURSE YOU DISNEY ON ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I noticed that there was no advice on strip clubs in the OP...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 12:20 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

LOL trust me when you arrive you won`t need advice on strip clubs. They`re EVERYWHERE. And same rules as most places.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:25 AM
CaptainBenn
The king is back

what are the must-do things in Quebec city?

CaptainBenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 02:37 PM
bert

Does anyone have a connection to Osheaga tickets at a reasonable price? Its sold out Saturday and Sunday. The only tickets I can find are people requesting 300+ dollars just for the Sunday. Wasn't able to get the day off until yesterday so I didn't pre purchase.

If you have any information please inbox me.

Thank you in advance.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 04:14 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
what are the must-do things in Quebec city?
Driving back to Montreal.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Driving back to Montreal.
Going to the Dagobert first and then driving back to Montreal.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 02:58 PM
ArrogantOwl

I'm looking for a nice hotel by McGill and the Bell Centre as I'll be watching the Flyer's game on 10/5 there. Any recommendations?

ArrogantOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 01:33 AM
schumway2

Anyone ever been to Speed dating events in MTL? They host one at Rouge once a month. Any experiences?

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Hey guys, Rangers fan here. I'm going to be making my first trip to the Bell Centre this year to see a Rangers-Canadiens game, only dilemma right now is deciding whether to go to the November game or the April game. The April game would be the last game of the season - could be meaningful or could mean nothing depending on the standings. The November game could be good but I'm going to be staying for the whole weekend and taking in the city, and I figure April might be a better time for that. What do you guys think?

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 12:25 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Valuating View Post
Hey guys, Rangers fan here. I'm going to be making my first trip to the Bell Centre this year to see a Rangers-Canadiens game, only dilemma right now is deciding whether to go to the November game or the April game. The April game would be the last game of the season - could be meaningful or could mean nothing depending on the standings. The November game could be good but I'm going to be staying for the whole weekend and taking in the city, and I figure April might be a better time for that. What do you guys think?
Be a man, come in the winter.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrogantOwl View Post
I'm looking for a nice hotel by McGill and the Bell Centre as I'll be watching the Flyer's game on 10/5 there. Any recommendations?
you can get anywhere by walking downtown, don't be afraid to extend your range east up to pretty much st-laurent

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 05:28 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Going to Osheaga this weekend. Only been to Montreal once, and only for a couple days (saw a game + event party). Any recommendations for places to go out at night, and hell, even all of Friday? Only got tickets for the Saturday and Sunday so got all of Friday to do whatever we wish and probably going to be in and out on Sunday.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

Looks like Osheaga is sold out. Not sure what else there is to do Saturday. Going to have to find something to do blah.

Dugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 09:08 AM
CTHabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrogantOwl View Post
Four Points by Sheraton if you want to be closer to McGill, Novotel or Fairmont Queen Elizabeth if you want to be closer to the BC.

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 09:13 AM
CTHabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Valuating View Post
April in Montreal can still be pretty nasty, so I wouldn't make a decision based on the weather. You will have a good time regardless of when you go.

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote