HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Propsect #3

View Poll Results: Best Prospect
D Richard Petiot 1 2.13%
RW Lauri Tukonen 19 40.43%
C Trevor Lewis 1 2.13%
C Brian Boyle 11 23.40%
G Jonathan Bernier 13 27.66%
RW Petr Kanko 0 0%
D T.J. Fast 0 0%
D Joe Ryan 0 0%
RW Konstantin Pushkarev 1 2.13%
LW Scott Parse 0 0%
G Jonathan Quick 0 0%
D Paul Baier 0 0%
G Barry Brust 0 0%
D Peter Harrold 0 0%
D Patrik Hersley 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Kings Propsect #3

Now it starts to get interesting. I anticipate the next 3 being very close after last times landslide. Hersley edges out Lukacevic and Zatkoff to get voted in. Just to let everybody know, the order of the poll will be based on the order they finished in last times poll, then if theres a tie, the poll before that, etc.

1. C Anze Kopitar (46.03%)
2. LW Patrick O'Sullivan (91.49%)

Voted Bernier, add Andersen

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Osprey

No offense, but isn't there a better way to do this than to create a couple dozen seperate threads? Your idea is a good one, but I think that the execution isn't the best.

What if you just had a single thread in which everyone gave their top-20 lists and you assigned points to the players based on where each poster placed them? It'd be very clean, much quicker and easier to see relative positions. This is, I believe, close to what HF does when it wants rankings from all of the writers.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
No offense, but isn't there a better way to do this than to create a couple dozen seperate threads? Your idea is a good one, but I think that the execution isn't the best.

What if you just had a single thread in which everyone gave their top-20 lists and you assigned points to the players based on where each poster placed them? It'd be very clean, much quicker and easier to see relative positions. This is, I believe, close to what HF does when it wants rankings from all of the writers.
Actually this was the way we did it last year....and the way that several other teams do it.....it keeps up interest in the offseason. If you just made one thread that assigned a top 20 it would not be something you could visit and refer to for a few weeks.

Last edited by Captain Ron: 08-12-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Captain Ron

I am very tempted to go with Lewis on this one......but I will pick Bernier just because the scouts picked him first.

Old
08-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:

In addition to what squidward said, ty btw, i feel that there will be more participation this way, since few people would bother to create the lists. It is much simpler to just vote for your pick everyday or so. If a moderator or alot of people feel that i am creating to many threads and conjesting the board i will stop, but i find it interesting to create a list from fans as well as whats posted on hf.

Old
08-13-2006, 12:31 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:

It's very daunting to create a top 20 list, and sometimes people are like "d00d *** with player X over player Y????/?"

Plus, this takes longer, and will help pass the rest of the offseason faster.

Edit: Forgot to say, I voted Boyle

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:33 AM
Fedz

Jonathan Bernier.

Fedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgKings13 View Post
In addition to what squidward said, ty btw, i feel that there will be more participation this way, since few people would bother to create the lists. It is much simpler to just vote for your pick everyday or so. If a moderator or alot of people feel that i am creating to many threads and conjesting the board i will stop, but i find it interesting to create a list from fans as well as whats posted on hf.
I can understand that. I figured that passing the time might be what you were doing. I thought that I'd offer a suggestion to be more efficient and less "spammy," but I guess that inefficiency is the point . Please carry on.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Game Misconduct

Hmmm, tough decision . . .

<--------------------------

Game Misconduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Cosmos

Went with Lewis on this one, I look to be on my own here.

I think this guy may have more of a complete game than anyone on the list, including Kokpitar and O'Sullivan.

I wish I could say Bernier with confidence, but God only knows what we have in him right now. It would be a great thing to have a true GOTF.

Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

When voting it would be helpful if you also voted by typing in who you wanted added to the list next. Right now the only vote for who to add is mine for Andersen.

Old
08-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Captain Ron

add Zatkoff.

Old
08-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Add Jens Karlsson....oh wait.

Add Braun.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 02:34 PM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Jonathan Bernier
Lauri Tukonen
Brian Boyle
Trevor Lewis
Konstantin Pushkarev
Joe Ryan (A bit high but I really like him)
Richard Petiot
Petr Kanko

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote