HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Canadiens 3/30/13

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 08:13 AM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
I'm not the pathetic eternal NYR pessimist-type, but this might be the first game I'm really not expecting much. In Montreal, vs Price, with this team's scoring woes, AND the way they've been playing for Torts. I'd be beyond thrilled with an entertaining loss. But I'm not expecting much

Old
03-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Dorado*

5-0 loss and Torts last game

Old
03-30-2013, 09:00 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
5-0 loss and Torts last game
You dream, Dorado.

Firing Torts at this point would be useless. It should have been done around game 20.

The only way to make firing Torts a useful strategy right now is if you also set up the team as it is going to look next season, and make the end of this season a sort of "extended training camp" to come out of the gates absolutely flying and comfortable in 13-14.

This trade deadline could be a real disaster for the Rangers.

I expect nothing tonight. I hope to be wrong.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I'm not the pathetic eternal NYR pessimist-type, but this might be the first game I'm really not expecting much. In Montreal, vs Price, with this team's scoring woes, AND the way they've been playing for Torts. I'd be beyond thrilled with an entertaining loss. But I'm not expecting much
You said it. I'd be thrilled just to be ENTERTAINED while watching us. It's gotten to the point that I'm not actually sure why I'm watching anymore. I don't mind losing, but we play terrible, boring, excruciating hockey. I'd be happy to be an exciting, losing hockey team that scores a lot (or at least LOOKS potent) and gives up a lot as well. Trailing 1-0 all night to lose 2-0 (or 2-1 with a goal for in the final 5 minutes), while going 0/4 on the PP with only 2 PP shots and 23 shots overall is just kind of like voluntary torture.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Siddi

I actually believe that this game will begin the magnificent turn around that will end with Cally lifting the cup!

Now, where did I put those shrooms...

Old
03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
You dream, Dorado.

Firing Torts at this point would be useless. It should have been done around game 20.

The only way to make firing Torts a useful strategy right now is if you also set up the team as it is going to look next season, and make the end of this season a sort of "extended training camp" to come out of the gates absolutely flying and comfortable in 13-14.

This trade deadline could be a real disaster for the Rangers.

I expect nothing tonight. I hope to be wrong.
My point exactly . Fire him trade off whoever you can and play every prospect you can for last 10 games to see what you have . The pipe dream of a " HOT HANK " and a " CUP RUN " is laughable . Hank has been fine and we can't score 2 against anyone not Phi or TB

Old
03-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Dorado*

I'm taking FASTH , MZA , Mashinter. , Thomas ,MCI and if he able to come Oscar L .
Purge
GABY
Boyle
Powe
PYatt
Bench Richards so he doesn't get hurt and buy out ASAP . I rather lose playing up tempo like Edmonton than endure losing with Jampaper grinders

Old
03-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Lerb

tonight is the end of the New York Rangers franchise.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

My eyes already hurt from what we will see tonight

Old
03-30-2013, 09:26 AM
JCrusher*

In my mind tonight is a must win game. If they get killed again in canada they should just start building for next year. Trade Gabby at the deadline buyout richards. then they should start building around nash stepan kreider callahan hags miller and then add guys like lindberg and fasth

Old
03-30-2013, 09:26 AM
MAYO

I'm with brining up some of our future roster players if we go 1 for 4 over the next 5 games. It would give us something to watch at least!

Old
03-30-2013, 09:41 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I'm taking FASTH , MZA , Mashinter. , Thomas ,MCI and if he able to come Oscar L .
Purge
GABY
Boyle
Powe
PYatt
Bench Richards so he doesn't get hurt and buy out ASAP . I rather lose playing up tempo like Edmonton than endure losing with Jampaper grinders
I'm on board with everything here except Richards. Richie deserves another shot next season. If he continues to regress and his legs are truly gone, then bench him, send him home, and buy him out in the '14 off-season.

I'd also get rid of Asham, Eminger, Gilroy. They have 0 value, but the waiver wire should fill up.

I expect Rangers executive management feels differently. This would constitute another half-rebuild. Can the Rangers really afford to do that? Waste more years of Lundqvist's prime and be a team good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win the cup?

It's been a while since we've heard Torts say "It's a process." But that is certainly the way the Rangers are running themselves these days.

So frustrating considering how good the Rangers could have been this season under the right system. Yet, here we are watching a completely different team try to play like the 2011-2012 New York Black and Blueshirts. Sad.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
This be gonna be fun

03-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

Quote:
I'm on board with everything here except Richards. Richie deserves another shot next season. If he continues to regress and his legs are truly gone, then bench him, send him home, and buy him out in the '14 off-season.

I'd also get rid of Asham, Eminger, Gilroy. They have 0 value, but the waiver wire should fill up.

I expect Rangers executive management feels differently. This would constitute another half-rebuild. Can the Rangers really afford to do that? Waste more years of Lundqvist's prime and be a team good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win the cup?

It's been a while since we've heard Torts say "It's a process." But that is certainly the way the Rangers are running themselves these days.

So frustrating considering how good the Rangers could have been this season under the right system. Yet, here we are watching a completely different team try to play like the 2011-2012 New York Black and Blueshirts. Sad.
you would give richards another chance but not gaborik?

Old
03-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Lerb

im just sick of torts ****. Same old **** lines, excuses and useless rhetorics

Its a process
Gut check time
Find ourselves
We're not playing hard enough
We're not winning the battles
lost a few key battles

I'm legitimately getting more pissed off each day.

He's looking for answers everywhere except within his coaching. He's blamed the players for not showing heart, blamed the refs, blamed bad bounces, blamed the power play for not clicking which he coaches by "letting the players figure it out themselves", he's blamed the schedule. The only left that's not a part of the problem is his slow repetitive game that every team in the league knows well by now.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:51 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
you would give richards another chance but not gaborik?
Gaborik has trade value, Richards does not. Due to the cap constraints that will arise next season, Gaborik needs to be dealt. I have stated time and time again I hope it is not until the draft, but recent news has me expecting otherwise. Fourth line RW today? Please, Torts.

Anyhow, this is getting OT.

**** this team, and **** Torts. That being said, LGR

Old
03-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
3-1 Rangers.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Dactyl
T Glass Fan Club

Quote:
Gaborik has trade value, Richards does not. Due to the cap constraints that will arise next season, Gaborik needs to be dealt. I have stated time and time again I hope it is not until the draft, but recent news has me expecting otherwise. Fourth line RW today? Please, Torts.
more time for boyle and miller

Old
03-30-2013, 09:57 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
3-1 Rangers.
I'm with you on that.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Riverdale

If we lose tonight I am done.

Losing is ok, playing without drive and a purpose is inexcusable. Just show me a solid effort and some killer instinct. Watching other teams down in the 3rd is actually FUN. It gets hectic and both teams battle like crazy. This Ranger team doesn't care.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Dorado*

This board Implodes tonight

Old
03-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Most of you guys are way too negative, you get depressed just by reading this thread. There will be some new exciting lines tonight, more offensive play. If the chemistry is there it could be a turning point. Give this a chance.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Muh
Beadle

Tonight, we turn our season around.

3-2 win

Old
03-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Balls to the walls...

and hope for some Lucky Bounces....

We're due for a couple of those....right ?

Old
03-30-2013, 10:33 AM
nevesis

Get ready for the Lincoln Tunnel...

Closed Thread